LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Cruises and Conventions

Cruises and Conventions Here we can discuss Dirk and his appearances on little boats and large show rooms!

Old 07-03-2017, 12:20 AM   #76
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_steenbrugge View Post
Wanted to share with you my custom made Faceman figure with his Corvette.
Got this signed by Dirk at Comic Con Gemany this weekend.

The other figure is still in progress it's from Hammer House of Mystery and Suspence - Mark of the Devil
Very nice! You are talented. So cool you got it signed by the man himself too. And the Mark of the Devil figure looks very accurate.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:30 AM   #77
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Thanks. If you can, you really should try to meet him. He's awesome !!!!
Way to go LMD!!!!
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:45 AM   #78
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Hey, Wim! Are you going to this one, by chance? I assume you would have told us. But since Belgium is rather close to Germany (I assume, my geography skills are lacking)... and LMD is going, and she's from Belgium... anyway let us know
Oh Flyngirl Sorry, I am reading this just now ...
Unfortunately I did not go. Germany is indeed just an hour of driving, stuttgart, about 5, so doable, but I saw him in February and I prefer to keep that memory...
On the other hand, maybe if he comes again in a few years I might go...

Last edited by Wim; 07-03-2017 at 06:01 AM..
Old 07-03-2017, 05:53 AM   #79
Wim

[QUOTE=Ludlum'sDaughter14;25770]Danke schön für die gute Antworten! Ich weiß so viel jetzt.

"Deduction dear Watson"! You are not so far off in your answer!!!
"Gart" comes indeed from "Garten" (Garden)
But Stutt comes from "Stuot" (Stud)
So is that coincidence LOOOOOL

Some king had his Studfarm here, hence the name ...

Last edited by Wim; 07-03-2017 at 06:03 AM..
Old 07-03-2017, 05:55 AM   #80
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
_ I hope so. That would fantastic. If they don't, Anja's there. She can send us info and I'm sure we can put something together for the forum.

_ again. Really hoping it would be in German. I can really use the practice. As if reading 286 pages of CKC in German wasn't enough practice.

_ that's nonsense. They have a good sense of humor. Just don't try to outdrink them. They hold their liquor very well. And yes, I speak from experience on both accounts.

_ Stuttgart is in Bäden_Würtenberg. Sie sind Staaten. Not to be confused with Städten. They are more like provinces like Canada has, but states to us.

_ Sie sind klüger als Amerikaner. Sie weissen es ist nur für fernsehen und sie lacheln weil sehen Sie fern.

_Stuttgart. Weil es "berg" oder "burg" könnte ich antworten, aber Gart ist nahe "Garten", so a garden of studs? . I take payment in cubits. Ich brauche mehr für Missouri. Stuttgart has two big car manufacturers located there. Something to go see. If you make it there. The landscaping is very beautiful and I believe they have a good university there. The city was laid out for walking very well.
Oops, the comment before this one was meant for you Vballspieler ...
Old 07-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #81
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

So the con is over (unfortunately) and I'm home again. I had THE BEST time. Dirk and Herbert Jefferson Jr. (Lt. Boomer) did two q&a's together answering questions from fans. Lots of people went over to the Atrium to see and hear them. And we also laughed a whole lot. Dirk must be really tired now, because he has been a very busy guy all weekend long. He had the longest qeueu of fans who wanted an autograph and also lots of people wanted to have their picture taken with him. One of those fans was me He's a very popular guy !!!! And one of the reasons why must be because he actually takes the time to talk to his fans.
Something else to mention: The A-team van was at the con on saturday, BUT we also had the Corvette on sunday. So you could have your picture taken with Dirk, the 'Vette and the van. As a huge A-team fan, this was like a dream come true.
Should you have any more question you wanna ask me about the con, please feel free to do so.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #82
DirknDwight'sfan

I'm glad you have a good time and enjoy meeting with Dirk. I got a question if you got a answers. Did Dirk keep in contact with Dwight or Mr. T OR JUST Dwight?
DirknDwight'sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #83
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirknDwight'sfan View Post
I'm glad you have a good time and enjoy meeting with Dirk. I got a question if you got a answers. Did Dirk keep in contact with Dwight or Mr. T OR JUST Dwight?
I think he kept in contact mainly with Dwight. I've heard Mr. T is hard to stay in touch with. Have you watched any convention videos with Dirk and Dwight on YouTube? They might have answers to your questions. "Bring Back the A-Team" on YouTube is also interesting and fun. The videos have interviews with Dirk, Dwight, and Mr. T. Hope that helps!
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #84
DirknDwight'sfan

I watch it. I find it interested to watch it. Not all of it yet. I saw Dirk, Dwight and the reunion with Dirk, Dwight, the people who played Decker, Lynch, Fulbright and his real life wife, Tawania and George's real life son Christian Peppard.
DirknDwight'sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #85
Vballspieler
Dirkette

[QUOTE=Wim;25914]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Danke schön für die gute Antworten! Ich weiß so viel jetzt.

"Deduction dear Watson"! You are not so far off in your answer!!!
"Gart" comes indeed from "Garten" (Garden)
But Stutt comes from "Stuot" (Stud)
So is that coincidence LOOOOOL

Some king had his Studfarm here, hence the name ...
Lmao
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #86
m_steenbrugge

And here are 2 other customs figures I got signed at Comic Con Germany
m_steenbrugge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #87
m_steenbrugge

Thanks I'm not really talented. Just patient. I did not sculp the heads completely. I've used an existing Starbuck head, copied it and started 'remodeling' , lot of strokes with a file and sandpaper and sometimes adding material.

Mark of the Devil figure is very hard due to the fact there's not much to find on the internet. Screenshots are very dark and the view changes between normal view and mirror view.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:35 AM   #88
Wim

Quote:
And here are 2 other customs figures I got signed at Comic Con Germany
Wow really impressed!
Did you make the packaging yourself also?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:41 AM   #89
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
So the con is over (unfortunately) and I'm home again. I had THE BEST time. Dirk and Herbert Jefferson Jr. (Lt. Boomer) did two q&a's together answering questions from fans. Lots of people went over to the Atrium to see and hear them. And we also laughed a whole lot. Dirk must be really tired now, because he has been a very busy guy all weekend long. He had the longest qeueu of fans who wanted an autograph and also lots of people wanted to have their picture taken with him. One of those fans was me He's a very popular guy !!!! And one of the reasons why must be because he actually takes the time to talk to his fans.
Something else to mention: The A-team van was at the con on saturday, BUT we also had the Corvette on sunday. So you could have your picture taken with Dirk, the 'Vette and the van. As a huge A-team fan, this was like a dream come true.
Should you have any more question you wanna ask me about the con, please feel free to do so.
Hi LMD, I am so happy for you. I can imagine what it must have been like. It is so true he takes time for his fans and he is extremely emphatic. No one can keep up with this unless it comes from the heart!
Did he tell something about his time in Belgium?
Cheers,
Wim
Old 07-05-2017, 06:08 AM   #90
m_steenbrugge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Wow really impressed!
Did you make the packaging yourself also?
Yes I did. It's mostly cut and paste with Powerpoint. Then I print it both sides and get it laminated. Round of corners and put it in a clamshell.

The Corvette was done by someone who studied graphic design. It turned out great. Because the figure is 1/9 scale we also made the car to 1/9 scale so that it all had the some proportions. I wanted to recreate the famous Faceman and his Corvette picture where Face is leaning against his Vette.

The 'Mark of the Devil' figure sits in a standard box that I've customised.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #91
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Hi LMD, I am so happy for you. I can imagine what it must have been like. It is so true he takes time for his fans and he is extremely emphatic. No one can keep up with this unless it comes from the heart!
Did he tell something about his time in Belgium?
Cheers,
Wim
He mentioned that his son Roland played soccer in Belgium and that they lived in Gent and Brugge.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #92
Flygirl
Erin

Sorry for the delay, LMD! This was delayed because I was traveling and iOS devices do not play nice with Flickr.

Here is more awesomeness from the Stuttgart convention... This is a really good one - with the van AND the 'vette!!!

Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #93
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Yes I did. It's mostly cut and paste with Powerpoint. Then I print it both sides and get it laminated. Round of corners and put it in a clamshell.

The Corvette was done by someone who studied graphic design. It turned out great. Because the figure is 1/9 scale we also made the car to 1/9 scale so that it all had the some proportions. I wanted to recreate the famous Faceman and his Corvette picture where Face is leaning against his Vette.

These are REALLY cool!! Great job!!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #94
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Oh Flyngirl Sorry, I am reading this just now ...
Unfortunately I did not go. Germany is indeed just an hour of driving, stuttgart, about 5, so doable, but I saw him in February and I prefer to keep that memory...
On the other hand, maybe if he comes again in a few years I might go...
It seems like he gets out there a lot!! And we keep saying someday when he goes to Germany, those of us from U.S. will try to use it as an excuse for an impromptu European vacation (well, I'll see how that goes over with the husband, anyway...) Also a good way to meet you guys overseas. Of course, you must realize if we all manage that 5000-mile flight, y'all have to show up, too. Capiche?
Old 07-06-2017, 04:05 AM   #95
RitaKydd

Thumbs up Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Here is more awesomeness from the Stuttgart convention... This is a really good one - with the van AND the 'vette!!!
really awesome!!
RitaKydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:59 AM   #96
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, LMD! This was delayed because I was traveling and iOS devices do not play nice with Flickr.

No problem! Thanks for posting the pic
Old 07-06-2017, 05:00 AM   #97
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:

I'm impressed.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:02 AM   #98
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
It seems like he gets out there a lot!! And we keep saying someday when he goes to Germany, those of us from U.S. will try to use it as an excuse for an impromptu European vacation (well, I'll see how that goes over with the husband, anyway...) Also a good way to meet you guys overseas. Of course, you must realize if we all manage that 5000-mile flight, y'all have to show up, too. Capiche?
You're very welcome to come and visit. You know that! I'd love the do a convention with you guys and Dirk off course either in Europe/Germany or the US.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #99
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

I don't think I'm betraying any confidences if I told you he enjoyed his visit to Stuttgart and meeting everyone (the words "delightful" and "sweet" were used). And he's also enjoying some fine cigars he brought back with him.

I thought you'd like to know that.

John

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:31 AM   #100
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
I don't think I'm betraying any confidences if I told you he enjoyed his visit to Stuttgart and meeting everyone (the words "delightful" and "sweet" were used). And he's also enjoying some fine cigars he brought back with him.

I thought you'd like to know that.

John
So glad to hear he enjoyed his visit as much as we all did. Thanks, John