LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:45 AM   #501
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Default Re: Dirk Q&A #1 - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
You know, this is a right cogent assessment and something I was considering as well; we gave him a lot to respond to...

Next time we'll probably structure it very much like this.

And a confession: part of the interruption is my doing. I have the next set of answers - but then the news about Richard's unexpected passing hit and drove everything else aside. To be brutally honest, I really didn't want to have a happy-go-lucky moment while we were still processing this terrible news; it just hit me wrong and felt inappropriate, perhaps even disrespectful to both Richard's memory and to Dirk and his own grief, so I've held them. I hope you don't think poorly of me for doing so...

I'll post them in the near future.
Absolutely not, John. You've made the right decision.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #502
Ro83

GOOD LORD. For some unknown reason I honestly thought he would give vague and short answers. This is so surprising and so wonderful that I have no words. And I asked a yes/no question when there are thousands of things I want to know about that same topic of my question and others!!! Bravo. I'm definitely a professional at losing chances. That rule about not asking too personal questions should be eliminated and maybe we should let him decide what's too personal. A "that's not your business" answer would make it clear that we went too far.

I'm shocked in the most positive way. Things like this make me want to kiss him the same way Michael Corleone kissed Fredo in The Godfather II, but saying THANK YOU instead.

I've said it multiple times, but this man IS different.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #503
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro83 View Post
GOOD LORD. For some unknown reason I honestly thought he would give vague and short answers. This is so surprising and so wonderful that I have no words. And I asked a yes/no question when there are thousands of things I want to know about that same topic of my question and others!!! Bravo. I'm definitely a professional at losing chances. That rule about not asking too personal questions should be eliminated and maybe we should let him decide what's too personal. A "that's not your business" answer would make it clear that we went too far.

I'm shocked in the most positive way. Things like this make me want to kiss him the same way Michael Corleone kissed Fredo in The Godfather II, but saying THANK YOU instead.

I think this is/was a learning process for all of us. I'm having a blast in reading all of these answers and I agree we can't thank him enough for doing all of this for his fans. He sure is different
Old 02-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #504
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:

I felt the same way!!! I wasn't shocked that he agreed to do this but I was so happily surprised by how much thought and time he put into the answers.

Really - Michael Corleone and Fredo? I was thinking more... you know, Romeo and Juliette...
Old 02-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #505
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
I felt the same way!!! I wasn't shocked that he agreed to do this but I was so happily surprised by how much thought and time he put into the answers.

Really - Michael Corleone and Fredo? I was thinking more... you know, Romeo and Juliette...
Romeo and Juliette ... Oh yes, totally
Old 02-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #506
Ro83

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
I think this is/was a learning process for all of us. I'm having a blast in reading all of these answers and I agree we can't thank him enough for doing all of this for his fans. He sure is different
A learning process, indeed! And we are always open to learn more about Dirk, aren't we? I just came back to read the answers again, because I still can't believe it.

Quote:
Romeo and Juliet would be a little soft for my level of excitement at the moment . Ok, let's change Michael and Fredo for that scene in Dirk's movie Cahoots where Harley arrives home. You know, the stairs scene... ahem...
Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 AM   #507
ojai22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai22 View Post
It’s uncanny how the Q&A has been interrupted. Should there be another one I have some suggestions ~~

First it should be held well after the holidays.

Then, since the number of questioners will probably increase the next time, I suggest we allow one question per person.

We had 22 people asking questions this time, and almost every one asked 3 questions. That’s a lot of answering. If each person asks one question, and they are co-ordinated, much territory can be covered, with less work on the answering end.

That should make it easier, and it should flow faster.

Thoughts?

I'm bumping this up as a reminder......
Old 02-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #508
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
This is the quintessential Dirk Benedict! And this is why we all enjoy what he writes so much. It's full, honest, occasionally humorous...

And it's one of the reasons why the answers are so slow in coming. He insists on giving full answers, not just one-sentence fillers.

Well, that and all the stuff that's mostly my fault, the logistical issues: timing it right at the holidays (that's not going to happen again), technical problems (not really my fault, I guess) ice and other nasty weather (definitely not my fault), travel (he's going to Brussels this weekend, you know)...

But they are coming and we will enjoy them when they get here.

That is an order...

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:16 AM   #509
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
This is the quintessential Dirk Benedict! And this is why we all enjoy what he writes so much. It's full, honest, occasionally humorous...

And it's one of the reasons why the answers are so slow in coming. He insists on giving full answers, not just one-sentence fillers.

Well, that and all the stuff that's mostly my fault, the logistical issues: timing it right at the holidays (that's not going to happen again), technical problems (not really my fault, I guess) ice and other nasty weather (definitely not my fault), travel (he's going to Brussels this weekend, you know)...

That is an order...

I hope his flight is before the snow comes. Not sure what you're supposed to get but Minneapolis, MN, is supposed to get a foot. Central Wisconsin is predicted to get 6-10 inches. Eastern WI is supposed to get snow, sleet, freezing rain mixture. Ugh, it means more shovelling this weekend.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #510
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

We will be getting a storm today. Hurricane speed winds.
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:25 AM   #511
ojai22

Cold is everywhere. In southern Calif. we're down to 56 degrees right now - I'm wearing flannel pajamas and Ugh boots. Tomorrow it will only be 60.

Cold but not bad enough to freeze the fruit.....
Old 02-23-2017, 01:11 AM   #512
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:

That is an order...
We sure will. Absolutely. Without any doubt. And his hard work in answering all of our questions is so very much appreciated. I can hardly wait to meet him in Stuttgart Too bad I don't get to meet him in Brussels this weekend He'd better bring his winter coat, because it will be a cold and wet weekend I'm afraid. Typical Belgian weather. But we do have warm hearts
Old 02-25-2017, 05:41 PM   #513
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
It’s uncanny how the Q&A has been interrupted. Should there be another one I have some suggestions ~~

Then, since the number of questioners will probably increase the next time, I suggest we allow one question per person.

We had 22 people asking questions this time, and almost every one asked 3 questions. That’s a lot of answering. If each person asks one question, and they are co-ordinated, much territory can be covered, with less work on the answering end.

Thoughts?

I think that's a good idea, particularly because the forum is getting more and more popular lately, which is a good thing.

One question per person. And I think we should lift the ban on marriage proposals. Just sayin'.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #514
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
I think that's a good idea, particularly because the forum is getting more and more popular lately, which is a good thing.

One question per person. And I think we should lift the ban on marriage proposals. Just sayin'.
I already have one question for the next one. FYI it's completely unrelated to marriage proposals or anything of a romantic nature and actually related to one of his movies, but I'm 86.5% sure he has never been asked this question before and 99.9% sure I won't be able to keep a straight face while asking it.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:28 PM   #515
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

Did you have someone in mind? And what would your husband say?

Old 02-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #516
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
I already have one question for the next one. FYI it's completely unrelated to marriage proposals or anything of a romantic nature and actually related to one of his movies, but I'm 86.5% sure he has never been asked this question before and 99.9% sure I won't be able to keep a straight face while asking it.
Did you want to write it down? We can give it to him in Missouri and ask him to send a reply to John. Not sure that he would do it, but we can always ask.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #517
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Did you have someone in mind? And what would your husband say?

Somehow I think he's aware that it's a possibility. Lol!

I'm not sure if the celebrity clause extends to marriage. I may need to get a lawyer.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:36 PM   #518
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Did you want to write it down? We can give it to him in Missouri and ask him to send a reply to John. Not sure that he would do it, but we can always ask.
Hahahahaha I'll have to think about it. It's not an inappropriate question, just very... random. Maybe I'll tell you and see what you think.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 02-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #519
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Somehow I think he's aware that it's a possibility. Lol!

I'm not sure if the celebrity clause extends to marriage. I may need to get a lawyer.
Lmao.

You just might. But, isn't he switching to eating/cooking more macrobiotic for you? Not sure you would ever want to give that up, even for a celebrity clause. It's a tough choice. You may need a beer to help your thought-process or a couple of DB movies just to clarify the issues.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:46 PM   #520
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Hahahahaha I'll have to think about it. It's not an inappropriate question, just very... random. Maybe I'll tell you and see what you think.
Ok. But I don't think it can be any worse than what we've already asked him.....or can it. Now, i'm going to ponder what you would ask...
Old 02-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #521
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Ok. But I don't think it can be any worse than what we've already asked him.....or can it. Now, i'm going to ponder what you would ask...
Seriously, you will never guess. Maybe I'll just tell you on the chat LOL.
- Brian Greene
Old 03-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #522
Ro83

Quote:

That is an order...

Don't worry, waiting makes it all even more exciting!

Quote:

Thoughts?

That's fine for me.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #523
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

By the time he's finished answering this one, we are ready to throw him a new one.
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #524
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance View Post
By the time he's finished answering this one, we are ready to throw him a new one.
Oh we'll keep him busy alright
Old 03-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #525
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

That is an order...

Not to bug you or anything, just wondering how much more snow I need to shovel before he gets to the next set of questions? I suppose I could plan a few surprises in my free time, seeing as how I missed the snowstorm this past week (Just a couple of inches; no shoveling needed)......and seeing as how he's traveling again, then Easter, then wood-chopping season, then more travel....just wondering if I should start planning ahead to the next snow season (aka winter). How much snow will I have to shovel???

Danke schön!!!