LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Tracy

Default Dirk's Blog: Questions Thread

Folks,

Since Dirk is now set up as a member and will be blogging for this site, I am starting a thread for anyone who has either a question for Dirk, or pehaps something they would like clarified, something you're dying to know, what his opinions on certain subjects, etc.

Since we've all had the opportunity to read Dirk's thoughts in the past, I think it's fair to say ( and I'm sure he'd agree ) that pretty much anything goes question wise.

So if you have a question,etc... please post them here for him to see OK?

His answers may either be incorporated into his blog, or answered on the general boards. Up to him.

Fire away.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:54 AM   #2
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Default Re: Dirk's Blog: Questions Thread

Thx for the thread.
Actually, I have a Q for the Admins about the 'Comments' and 'TrackBack' features of the Blog section. Are these for members to 'comment' or just for Dirk and Admins?
Thx in advance for your reply.
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:20 AM   #3
dbukfan

Thumbs up Re: Dirk's Blog: Questions Thread

Dear Dirk

How are you? Hope you and family are well and enjoy upcomin' Summe.

My question(s)==>Have you started writing your 3rd book yet? and if so when it will be published again, as you mentioned in Holland 2007 that you would write about raising up your children, is that still on?

By the way, You look Greatwith new hair cut!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care

Su...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #4
Nacky

What's the weather like in Montana? I have other thoughts on my mind but I'm just going to make some hot cocoa and plan for longer vacations. I've been missing the beach and the ocean and I've been scarce, I know. Just doin'. Just hanging in there. I hope you're doing okay. You and Tracy.

Oh and BTW, this newest forum look is far keen! I've gotta check it more often, sorry 'bouts being MIA but the new look is awesome! The sun has returned. I gotta go out there where it shines, so if I don't reply in a timely fashion...

You're from Earth? Well, thanks for narrowing that down for me!

In Space, you're in a Ragtag Fugitive Fleet.
In Soviet Russia, Fugitive Fleet ragtags YOU!!

Twilight of the Psychopaths
TruthOrg
DeceptionDollar

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by Nacky; 05-08-2008 at 06:29 AM..
Nacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:17 AM   #5
sara

Thank you Tracy for this New Thread.. a great opportunity for us!

Hi Dirk,
first of all thank you for giving us the possibility to get in touch with you and express you again our esteem and our affection.
I've always been a fan of the A-Team since I was a child.. I think I've learnt by heart each episode..!!!
Growing up I've started knowing you as a Man, besides as an Actor and Showman. Your personal experience (especially as far as your health is concerned) and your attitude to life is a real inspiration for me, because I'm living a difficult situation, too. This is because I want to tell you Grazie (=thank you in my language).

Now my question: have you ever considered to come to Italy for a convention or a meeting with your Italian fans? I know it's maybe impossible.. but.. in Italy we say "la speranza è l'ultima a morire" (=Hope never dies).

And just another question: what do you think about the last rumours about the A-Team Movie?
As far as I'm concerned, I'm absolutely against this remake... I'd find it a sort of "profanation" of out myth!
As I've already said on this board, a remake of the A-Team is like a remake of Leonardo's Mona Lisa!!!!! Impossible!!
But I'd like to know you opinion, especially now that Face is said to become the traitor of the group in this movie. (What a horrible idea... horrible... horrible..)

Thank you so much and good luck for your future..

Best Regards

Sara

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 AM   #6
UKJules

Dirk.....

What an opportunity.......my question is -

Any plans to re-schedule the Med Cruise for the near future

Best wishes to you and your family

Jules xxx
Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #7
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

HELLO DIRK!
*waves*
How are you and your family?
How's the weather where you are? I would like to know if you'll be coming to Canada in the near future. Have you started on your third book and what is the title going to be?

Warm regards,
Anne

Old 05-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I would like to hear from Dirk on Buddhism. I've been trying to read up on it, but although I think I understand the basic principles, most of the sources I've found bring up precepts, aggregates, sutras, suttas, the history, etc as if they were writing for scholars, which is very confusing for someone who's just learning the "alphabet".
Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #9
NicoleDutch

Dear Dirk,

Good to see you "blogging". Hope you and your family are fine.
Any chance you will be coming back to Holland? Guess we can't complain if you say no.
Well, if you'll come back Nicole will be there.

Hope you don't mind but here's another question for you. Have you already started writing your next book? I remember you told me you'll start writing after your son has graduated. Good luck with that and the writing of course! I loved your two books and I always recommend it to other people. Keep up the good work!

Love from Holland,
Nicole
Old 05-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #10
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Thx for the Questions Thread. I guess I'll have to wait and find out about my earlier Q above.

Anyhow, a Q for Dirk rather than the Admins, this time ...

Hamlet
Could you discuss your production of the play a bit?

I've put some opener questions below as some prompts, if they help ...

The play explores many themes; grief, anger, guilt, incest, insanity and life philosophies, etc. Were there any specific ideas explored in the production you starred in that were less obvious or well known?

What were the ideas you were interested in showing for your characterisation of Hamlet?

Looking back, do you think another interpretation more appropriate now?

What do you think of the idea that Hamlet was gay, or had confusion over his sexual orientation?

What do you think of the idea that Gertrude only married Claudius to protect Hamlet?

Oooh, to many sub-questions there, but you get the drift.

Thanks in advance if you can address this.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 AM   #11
asmay

Thumbs up Re: Dirk's Blog: Questions Thread

Hi Dirk,

It's great to have you joining the forum!

For my question: I read on the website that you are a Buddhist. However, you never mentioned this explicitly in your books (or I must have missed it). Since I feel the basic Buddhist principles and attitude to life should be taught to every child on the planet (if possible, they should put it in the water!) I would love to read your views on the subject. What has Buddhism meant to you in your life?

BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #12
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Can I ask another question?
Dirk are you going to be acting in another movie? and how did you like filming Goldene Zeiten.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #13
psyche

Dear Dirk,

Thanks for this opportunity to get to know you a little better. Let me start by saying that your first book in combination with this website have been a blessing for me. It was great to finaly hear of someone who also understands the benefits of eating the right food and in my case especially the dangers of sugar.

Like Ostarella i would also like to hear more about your view on Buddhism. In particular your view on universal energy. I myself practice yoga, falun gong and reiki to control my energy. Do you also believe and/or practice any of these forms?

Take care,

Psyche
Old 05-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #14
EnglishRose

Hi Dirk

Your books raised a lot of questions, but I'll avoid the personal, & ask whether you would recommend any particular macro recipes/books?

And do you adhere to the same extent as when your books were written?

I'll stop & see if you get round to answering anything...

Thank you & best wishes.
R x
EnglishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #15
Crazy Tommy T

Dear Dirk,

Have you spoken to Leo or Germaine since Big Brother ended last year?

Thanks
Crazy Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #16
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

May I ask another question?

Dirk I was wondering if you are going to be in touch with Richard Hatch and Terry Carter and Laurette Spang before the cruise.
THANKS!

warm regards,
Anne

Old 05-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #17
Zilfstar
Dutch Dirkaholic

Dear Mr. Benedict, hello Dirk,

Well, anyone who has read my postings here knows I would ask hundreds of questions if you would ever have the time to sit down by the fire place with me and my husband and kids, drinking a good scottish whisky (NOT the kids ) and sharing a proper MB meal. But I will stick to my most important questions here.

1. How are you being able to keep up the MB diet with so much controverse around it? I am trying to eat healthy (Totally MB is very difficult because of family presure, so I try to create a healthy balance in our diet and introduce more and more vegetarian and fish-dishes) but keep falling back to my old and not so healthy habbits (like chocolate ) So what is your secret? Or is the key to succes (diet-wise) not to try to be the best Macrobiotic ever?

2. As a father of 2 sons ( I know: actually 3, but I am talking about the ones you raised since they were born) do you have any advise how to be able to stay calm in stormy weather? My son is 6 and my daughter 3 and they can be pretty stubborn, fighting with each other, etc. We are raising them the Montessori way if that means anything to you (do not know if it is known in the USA?) and my son attends the Montessori school (my daughter will be in december). We are trying to raise them with self-esteem, 'teach me how to do it myself' (= the Montessori style), but sometimes it seems their self-esteem grows a bit larger then expected.

Maybe you have some insights to share on that?

3. Last year visiting the Dutch Star Con you received my letter and my postcard in your hotel. You confirmed that yourself. I was wondering if you received my letter and my story at your home (my "answer" to reading "And then we went fishing"). I do not ask for a deep reply on it. But was just wondering whether the mail got it from the Netherlands to Montana... It is important only for me personal to know weither you recieved it. If your have received it and read it you will know why.

4. Just came into contact with the Wisdom University. They actually say things have to change in the world to keep it a good place, or better even: to change it into a good place to live again. And they mean changes is all kinds of ways: they way we eat, drink, live our lives, use and create energy and waste, the way we communicate and live with each other, etc. People that see this too are called Cultural Creatives. I think you would fit right in. Have your heard of this? What are your thoughts on this (large) subject. (It is not some religion. In fact great minds like Gorbatsjov and Nelson Mandela and Oprah Winfrey are linked to this subject in one way or another. More info go to www.wisdomuniversity.org )

5. Not a question! Just my best whishes and good luck with blogging here.

Greetings Wanda

Our family "themes":

1: It's a party every day (you never know when it might end)
2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
3: All is Yin and Yang, but don't forget to chew. (DB signing first book)
4: Sharing the Sorrow, Spreading the Joy (DB signing second book )

Last edited by Zilfstar; 05-13-2008 at 06:20 AM..
Zilfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #18
starlight

Hi Dirk! My name is Helen. I'm 24. And I'm from Wales.
I live in a valley in South Wales. My favourite thing about where I live is the spring time, seeing the newborns lambs. My least favourite is the amount of litter (but I guess that is the peoples and not the places fault).
My question is, what is your favourite and least favourite things about where you live?
And I have a second question I enjoy reading your articles and was wondering how long does it take you to write an piece (on average)? I find them very insightful and well thoughtout.
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #19
deebeelicious
Asset Security

A whole bunch of Qs building up on here now!

Another one from me!

Its the Champions League Final tonight in Moscow, Manchester United versus Chelsea? Who do you want to win?

PMSL if you answer this after the event and choose the 'winning side' - LOL so American!
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:36 PM   #20
Billy
aka Billy_Shriner

Hi Dirk,

I've managed to think of a question, whilst creating a post over on the A-Team section!

So, okay, here goes (not nervous at all);

Season 3 - Episode Double Heat Face is wearing an unsightly moustache (in my opinion). I would love to know why it was so suddenly there, and then thankfully, so suddenly removed?

Were you filming something else at the time that required a moustache?

Did wardrobe/costume or whoever, say hey, let's see what reaction Face gets with a moustache?

What?

I was so glad to see it go... sorry.

Love Billy x

p.s. I found both your books fascinating to read... when do we get to see book 3?
Old 05-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #21
DonnaRedRockMom

I have a question about posting comments on Dirk's blog...am I missing something or is that not a function...I know he has just written a small bit...or did I miss another thing such as a longer blog...I am very excited that he is considering writing things here...is this the reason it was not necessary to try to interview him a couple of years ago...he was planning to be more involved....anyway it is great that he is trying to find the time to post here

question for Dirk:
how are you dealing with the empty nest

....we talked about our families when my husband & I met you a few years ago and found we had a lot in common in putting family first...even when those around us thought we were crazy

...since then our 2 oldest sons got married
...my daughter just got her first apartment (she has 2 more years of college)
...our youngest just finished his 1st year of college and leaves again in a few short weeks for the fall semester..this time to a school even further away

...empty nest is very real for us...we are left with our very old home with 5 bedrooms and 3 baths...it is very quiet but we have each other and it is like starting our marriage again

....I don't want this to sound bad but how are you handling the quiet (that is if your son has left after graduation)...maybe it is a good thing you have not finished the new vook you could include this subject too

take care,
Donna & Larry
Old 06-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #22
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Dirk I have a couple of more questions to ask.

What is your favourite colour and what's your favourite food?

Hope you and your family are doing well.

Looking forward to meeting you someday soon and best wishes,
Anne
Old 06-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #23
Genny

Hi, Mr Benedict ! I hope you are feeling as good as you look. I'm from Wales in the UK where you suffered 'Big Brother ' so brilliantly. We cringed in empathy, rejoiced in your wit and wisdom and as much loved as you are over here I was glad, when you had escaped. I sent you a CD..I think it was of Richard Burton reading Dylan Thomas poetry because I felt so bad that you had had to endure the worst, of British...'culture'. ( ?!). I have only one question. You are a brilliant, writer. Not an actor who writes very well but..a brilliant, writer. I am pathetically impressed and was a Literature teacher. I have read far more than is good for me and am very picky indeed. So.. please, will there be another book ? Even if you 'just' describe the Montana you know, you'll be next to Thoreau, in my bookcase. In fact, the Thoreau might have to go.
Good wishes..Genny.
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote