LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
Tracy

Default CONVENTION LISTINGS

This thread is for convention listings.

Tracy
Old 03-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
Tania

i live an hour and a half from Auckland here in NZ so i hope i can go.
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:09 AM   #3
Tracy

Default Reminder

Motor City Comic Con
May 13th - 15th 2005
Novi Expo Center
Novi Michigan USA
https://www.motorcityconventions.com

Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz are amoung the guests
Old 05-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
Christy

Default Soo close...but with my luck...not going to happen...

I would love to go to the Motor City Comic Con and meet Dirk!!!...I live in Western Maryland and driving the 7-8 hours wouldn't be a problem. I did the 6-7 hours drive to Ocean City, MD for the past 5-7 years; my nieces would go there for dance competitions. But, unfortunately, as my luck usually goes...it's not going to happen ( funds and timing-bad)...and Dirk will most likely never be this close again!!!...This really bites!!!...

To all of you able to attend...and meet Dirk...please get lots of pictures and let those of us misfortunate ones know ALL about it!!!...Best wishes to all of you and have a great time!!!...

And to Dirk...my very sincere, warmest wishes to you and your family, always...

Sincerely,
Christy
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Tracy

Have faith Christy!
For example, the people in Australia and NZ didn't think he'd ever come to their neck of the world and he'll be in both countries this fall!
It depends on what conventions invite him to come and where they are located. It may surprise you that maybe one day Dirk will be in your area!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #6
Christy

Default THANKS Tracy!...You're an angel!...

Thank you so very much, I greatly appreciate it!!!...I really needed some inspiration! And you're right, maybe someday he will visit my area...anything is possible!!!...Then again, I did tell a couple of close friends of mine that I'd probably start crying, or pass out, or both, when / if I ever get to meet Dirk! (blushing emoticon goes here) My sincere warmest wishes to you Tracy and also to Dirk and his family, always.

Thanks again,
Keeping the faith,
Christy
Old 05-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #7
SciFiChick

I was able to attend & had a wonderful time! I heard both he & Dwight Schultz speak together about their days with the "A-Team," as well as get autographs & photos taken!
It was great to see all the other actors/actresses, but Benedict was my favorite guest by far!
here's a link to one of the photos (not sure if it's ok to post photos here): https://photos14.flickr.com/14031559_4ff04fb769.jpg
Old 05-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I also got to go to the Motor City Comic Con - a series of firsts - first long driving trip (on my own!), first trip to Michigan, first time getting lost in Chicago (will never go near that city again!), and of course, first time meeting Dirk. I was able to chat for a few minutes with him on both Saturday and Sunday and he was ever so nice (although by Sunday his voice was getting a touch hoarse from talking to soooo many people. I wasn't there Friday but Saturday he had the longest line of anyone for autographs, and it looked like it on Sunday, too.). I could have sat and listened to him and Dwight go back and forth for hours! For example, Dwight, (who is having shoulder surgery in the next month or so) told Dirk he was willing the metal ball to him; Dirk's response was then he'd always have a shoulder to lean on...well worth the 12 hour drive!
Old 05-17-2005, 06:57 AM   #9
julie w

"Dirk's response was then he'd always have a shoulder to lean on."

**sniff, sniff** That is so sweet! :-) Glad you guys had a good time. Next time I'm definately going to have to go. Unfortunately, some of us around here were under the wether a bit this weekend which is one of the reasons for me not going. Oh well...

Tracy, just keep us informed when he'll be out this way again.:-)

Julie

BTW....anymore pics from anyone? Reports? (the "Grease" theme song is starting to play in my head) "Tell me more, tell me more....." hahaha
Old 05-17-2005, 07:51 AM   #10
SciFiChick

Yes, I did a whole write-up about the con on my website yesterday... https://scifichick.com
more specifically: https://www.scifichick.com/modules.ph...rder=0&thold=0

and posted most of the pictures here: https://www.scifichick.com/modules.ph...iewtopic&t=374
Old 05-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #11
Tracy

Glad to see some made it to Novi and had a chance to see Dirk.
Thanks scifichick for posting your links to the pics and such
And Julie....he's tentatively scheduled to be back in Detroit March 2006.
Details on that appearance are still developing

Tracy
Old 05-21-2005, 04:43 PM   #12
Christy

Thanks scifichick for the rundown and pictures of the Motor City Convention...ESPECIALLY of Dirk...and yes, also Dwight!!!...Glad to hear you had a great time!

Sincere Warmest Wishes,
Christy
Old 05-23-2005, 07:30 AM   #13
SciFiChick

thanks, Cathy.. it was a great experience!
Old 01-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
MargOZ

Hi, Richard Hatch has mentioned that there is going to be a Convention in Sydney, Australia, the weekend of March 17th 2006 and I was just wondering if there is any word on whether Dirk might be attending?

The depressing part is that the weekend mentioned is the start of the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne to which I have a number of tickets! I'm not sure how to be in two places at once!!!

Marg
MargOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #15
Autocad

Default Conventions

[size=7]I've been volunteering at MegaCon in Orlando, for the past 7 years. It's so much fun, it's like a vacation.
So far, I've meet Richard hatch, Noah Hathaway, and Boomer (Herbert Jefferson Jr.).

Lots of fun. It seems since the new BSG came out, there is more interest in the old series.
It would be great if the whole cast of BSG would show up.

Also, a few time the whole cast of Lost In Space showed up. It was nice to see the cast together in one place, maybe that could happen with BSG??????
Autocad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #16
MrsSpooky

Default Re: Conventions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocad
[size=7]I've been volunteering at MegaCon in Orlando, for the past 7 years. It's so much fun, it's like a vacation.
So far, I've meet Richard hatch, Noah Hathaway, and Boomer (Herbert Jefferson Jr.).

Lots of fun. It seems since the new BSG came out, there is more interest in the old series.
It would be great if the whole cast of BSG would show up.

Also, a few time the whole cast of Lost In Space showed up. It was nice to see the cast together in one place, maybe that could happen with BSG??????
If you're working the con, could you request him (Dirk)? Or... find out who we have to contact to request him.

Tracy said that the cons have to request his presence, and if his schedule and circumstances permit, he can attend.

I met Herb Jefferson Jr, Noah Hathaway (he signed my toy daggit) and Bill Mumy at the last one I went to two years ago. That was awesome!
MrsSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 AM   #17
horselightning

Default n ew conventions

Anyone going to any of these?

CONVENTIONS:

WIZARD WORLD 2006
Chicago, IL
Aug. 3-6
(Confirmed)

SUPANOVA SYDNEY 2006
Australia
Oct. 27-29
(Confirmed)

Collectormania G.MEX
Manchester UK In November
(Not Confirmed)

Armaggedon Popculture Expo
Tea Centre , Auckland, NZ
Oct. 21-23
(Confirmed)

Convetion Little Rock Arkanas
June or July
(Not Confirmed)
Old 06-29-2006, 08:50 AM   #18
DonnaRedRockMom

Quote:
CONVENTIONS:

WIZARD WORLD 2006
Chicago, IL
Aug. 3-6
(Confirmed)
I have not been to one of these but this could be fun.....any idea when he will be there...I have family in the Chicago area and need to go see them this summer anyway

.....Mrs.Spooky you said:

Quote:
I've been volunteering at MegaCon in Orlando, for the past 7 years. It's so much fun, it's like a vacation.
any info about this???

thanks
Donna
Old 06-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #19
horselightning

Default aug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaRedRockMom
Quote:
CONVENTIONS:

WIZARD WORLD 2006
Chicago, IL
Aug. 3-6
(Confirmed)
I have not been to one of these but this could be fun.....any idea when he will be there...I have family in the Chicago area and need to go see them this summer anyway

.....Mrs.Spooky you said:

Quote:
I've been volunteering at MegaCon in Orlando, for the past 7 years. It's so much fun, it's like a vacation.
any info about this???

thanks
Donna

It says he will be in chicago Aug.3-6?
Old 07-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #20
jigglypuff

I'm trying to save up my pennies to get a greyhound ticket to be there in Chicago. Will let everyone know if I'm able to go.
jigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #21
horselightning

Default california

wonder if he will do any in california ever?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #22
DonnaRedRockMom

Does anyone know the schedule for the Chicago convention...the sight says he will be there but not which days/times....thanks
Old 07-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #23
horselightning

Default convention links

Dirk seems to have a lot of up comming convention s coming our way. if you want to visit https://kamikazeworld.tripod.com/ and stop buy the news section. You can link up to the main web pages for everyone of Dirk's latest conventions. Times and schedules are listed on the convetions main pages . Found out Dwight will be joining him for the uk convetion. and the arkansas convention is titled big cruise in the rock. why two titles ? who knows? welcoming everyone to kamikazeworld!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #24
Tracy

Default Re: convention links

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselightning
Dirk seems to have a lot of up comming convention s coming our way. if you want to visit https://kamikazeworld.tripod.com/ and stop buy the news section. You can link up to the main web pages for everyone of Dirk's latest conventions. Times and schedules are listed on the convetions main pages . Found out Dwight will be joining him for the uk convetion. and the arkansas convention is titled big cruise in the rock. why two titles ? who knows? welcoming everyone to kamikazeworld!
Or you can just check this website's events calendar.

As you will notice, the Little Rock convention is no longer listed.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #25
horselightning

Default sudden

well that was sudden . no wonder it is just a car show now. i'll be sure to remove from kamikazi world.