LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #51
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!
Default Re: Major Dirk News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella View Post
Dang! Another one "not available" over here
Arghh!! Is there no one in the Dirk fandom who is able to record those interviews and put them on yt???

Why are they doing it anyway? Where is the problem when people from other countries listen to their files? I just don't get it. Spoilsports!!

enjoy my photos: https://home.arcor.de/mossycat1/photographic_stroll.html

Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #52
carob

I would have thought that you could listen to the BBC anywhere in the world so I'm suprised that you can't! I wonder if I could record the interview onto my mobile phone then somehow upload on here though I have no idea how to do that or if that is allowed...Ho Hum! Also does anyone know how to upload onto Youtube?
carob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #53
Christy

Check out Flickr !!!...

https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Dirk+Benedict&z=t&s=rec
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #54
carob

Ta very much Christy, I would love to meet him but would never have the guts to approach him!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #55
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Another cool review:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz...1466-26158845/

So far I've only seen one negative review - and that was from someone who didn't think anybody but Peter Falk could play Columbo
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #56
starlight

Went to see Dirk last night. The show was brilliant. I have no idea what that one negative review was all about.
I didn't get to meet Dirk. Please don't think I'm having a go at Dirk, far from it. He was at the theatres bar and didn't want to do the stage door that night. I completely respect his wishes. What I don't like is a member of staff, I don't know if she was Dirk's assistant or what, coming to the stage door telling us he's not feeling very well so he's already left. He was knackered. That line (already left) treats us at the stage door like idiots. If the fans waiting can't respect the wishes of an actor that he or she wants some quiet time, then they are the ones with a serious problem. I have friends who are actors, whilst they have never had to use that line I have heard it about some of their fellow cast members. I have heard theatre staff say that line and it always got to me.
Everyone left after we were told that. I stayed because I was waiting to be picked up. One woman stayed saying he's at the bar and hasn't left and was going to wait for him. Our group asked me if I wanted to stay. I said no because Dirk doesn't want to be disturbed and if I stayed I would be disrespecting him. Later, I thought I should've stayed because I didn't like the idea of that woman standing by herself at the stage door 'til I don't know what time in the night.
I'm upset I didn't get to meet Dirk because I don't think I ever will. I know I am incredibly lucky to get to see him perform. I'm just a little jealous of the other even luckier people who got to meet him the previous nights. I'm kicking myself for choosing this night to go on when I could've gone to any evening performance. Dirk gave out some pre signed flyers which I thought was nice.
My review of the show. Apart from the wife, I thought the entire cast were good. Dirk was perfect as Columbo. I know how many people have already said that but go see the show to see how perfect he is. His mannerisms were consistant and spot on. I was in complete awe when he took to the stage. I agree with the length of time it took to do the set changes. They were a tad bit long but the first change felt like forever. That's because that change had the most pieces to set up but they're not too bad from then on. I don't want to give too much away to spoil the show. But if anyone asks then I will tell.
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #57
Christy

Hello 2 ALL of U !!

Starlight...I'm very sorry U didn't get 2 meet Dirk in person !
U R a very sweet & respectful person, Starlight !!
And thanks 4 your 'review' on the show / performance !

Should have re-read at least one more time...didn't come out the way intended...think I'm done with the edit button now.

Last edited by Christy; 04-03-2010 at 02:13 PM..
Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #58
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Well, got to see it on Tuesday, and bumped into Elaine too, LOL!
Nice venue, just opp Windsor Castle, so had a nice stroll around there beforehand.

It was really good to see Dirk on stage, esp at the end with the bow, he and the others looked really happy (perhaps they were happy it was over! ) Really glad he's back there, where he started. Hope he enjoys it enough to do some more. He did a lot of rep when younger, right? which was just a week of performances per play? So I don't know if he's used to doing a month or more of the same play? It certainly a different discipline to film and tv work?

I loved that pilot episode of Columbo - actually in it, there aren't so much of the Columbo 'mannerisms' that were written in for the later series, and Peter Falk looked quiet smartish for a lot of it.

Loved the wife - Suzanna from Brookie - the wife is supposed to be 'unbearable' to live with, and she was pretty good at that, so I liked her interpretation!

EDIT - PS Starlight - I think he often does at least one convention a year or so in the UK, well he has recently. So I'm sure you'll get another chance to meet him.

Last edited by deebeelicious; 04-08-2010 at 11:12 AM..
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #59
elainesteel

Good to see you DB! LOL Glad to say the scene changes were a bit quicker and I felt everyone had settled quite comfortably into their roles so I thought it all seemed to flow a little better.

Elaine.

"No one is going to save you, you have to save yourself. No one is going to give you anything, you have to go out and fight for it. No one knows what you want except you, and no one will be as sorry as you if you don't get it. So, don't give up your dreams!" - Barry Manilow
elainesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #60
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Another neat interview:

https://www.rhyljournal.co.uk/news/87...llandudno.aspx

Not that I'm scouring the web for news or anything
Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #61
carob

Hehe! I found that earlier on Twitter but didn't know wether to put it on here or not.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #62
Christy

....another find....

https://twitpic.com/1fimoj

...you can make it full size view in upper right corner of pic...
Old 04-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #63
carob

Found this on Twitter! https://twitter.com/whoblackpool
can anyone confirm?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #64
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carob View Post
Found this on Twitter! https://twitter.com/whoblackpool
can anyone confirm?
I can
Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #65
shastastar
Wondergirl...Game face on

Its also being WIDELY reported that he'll be at the UK Premier of the ATeam movie on 7/27
Run and imagine yourself like a tree in the wind, flexing bending flowing with the same motion as the wind. Imagine your arms as branches harnessing the wind and adding to your power. Imagine your legs like the trunk firmly anchored yet moving slowly subtly reacting to your environment, standing strong but not fighting the surrounding. Working where you are planted to grow and flourish no matter what the conditions are. Using the talents blessed unto you by your creator
shastastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 AM   #66
Nacky

Sounds like fun, Carob! Take photographs if you can. Did you know that here in the states they are playing old episodes of BSG on RTV? Dirk is still in the spotlight everywhere! Lots of nostalgia...

You're from Earth? Well, thanks for narrowing that down for me!

In Space, you're in a Ragtag Fugitive Fleet.
In Soviet Russia, Fugitive Fleet ragtags YOU!!

Twilight of the Psychopaths
TruthOrg
DeceptionDollar

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Nacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #67
Christy

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...id=18518847585
Old 04-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #68
Christy

https://www.facebook.com/realstarbuck...id=18518847585
Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #69
UKJules

Greetings everyone....hope you are all well

I went to see Dirk in Columbo - last Saturday in Peterborough...I couldn't miss the opportunity seeing him perform live... and I can tell you...he didn't dissapoint...Dirk played the role brilliantly...even lighting up his cigar several times during the scenes added to the ambience... You could certainly tell he's a top class actor...his timing...mannerism...everthing was perfect...I would love to see him perform in the West End...something I know is an ambition of his...who knows...fingers crossed
As for the set changes, I agree, perhaps they could of been a bit swifter as there were some long pauses in between the scenes...but hey...the set was quite large and there were a lot of props...It must of taken a few people to change things round everytime
I did wait in the foyer for an autograph...he must of sneaked through a side door - we all saw him walking rather quickly to an awaiting taxi...now I know why...he was in Wales the next morning...that would of been a long drive!!!!!

Anyway that's my report....must dash...take care all

Jules xxxxxxxx
Old 04-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #70
Sharon

Thumbs up Re: Major Dirk News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the news! Glad you didn't miss your opportunity to see Dirk...wish we could get more of a glimpse of his performance!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #71
AngieCorvette

I saw Dirk in Peterborough & am so glad that I went for the matinee as I got to meet him before the performance It was a lovely day & he walked across the grass from the embankment to the theatre & sat outside, so it was a perfect opportunity !!!!! He was lovely & wrote in both books which I'd taken with me - just in case! Had a hug & a photo..... was the best day ever (apart from having my son!!) proof that dreams really can come true..... Dirk was great as Columbo, I feel so incredibly lucky!!!

Last edited by AngieCorvette; 05-09-2010 at 08:18 AM..
AngieCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #72
Christy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kaouthia/4589783816/

Last edited by Christy; 05-08-2010 at 03:06 PM..
Old 05-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #73
Christy

Hello to ALL ! ...& Welcome to ALL the new members !

Found this link with these pics / Dirk @ the Who Blackpool...

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=3c39e5ba8f

ENJOY !!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #74
carob

Wink Re: Major Dirk News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did enjoy, thankyou Christy!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #75
carob

I've found another interview!(Yes, I should get out a bit more!)
https://www.whatsonstage.com/features....+Columbo.html