LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area > The International Holidays Thread

The International Holidays Thread Christmas is coming! So is Hanukkah and Kwanzaa too! Holiday celebrations around the world can be enjoyed in this forum from our very international fan club!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
dbukfan

Default CHRISTMAS TIME!!

Hi All Dear Friends

Just over 6 wks before....Christmas :!: :wink: ....Love to discuss with you guys about Christmas :wink:...this year :?:

Let's Start with myself :arrow:...same ole quiz..every year :arrow: 'What do you want for Christmas :?: ..Dear/Babe/Honey /Love/Darling :? '....followed by...'What about my/yr Dad/Mum/ our Kid(s)/Brothers/Sisters/Both Grands & Nans 8) /Nieces & Nephews/ Relatives/Friends/God Daughter/Charity :?: :roll: ...I happen to know that average UK spendin' per each family = 975.00 :shock: :x

OMG....How much it gonna costs me :shock:... Arrrggghhhh...I'm Broke Already :lol:

BTW :arrow: Please recycle all packagings :wink: and unwanted preccies :lol: :roll:

Su...xx

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #2
sara

SU!!
What a cool idea to speak about Christmas!!
I must tell I'm really fond of all that concerns christmas... The athmosphere, the tree, the music, presents...... My home becomes like a Christmas momument in December!!!! Full of objects and pretty things that make the atmosphere warmer :roll: :P :lol: :lol:
Every window, every table, every wall, every door, every mirror, every lamp receives its own Christmas touch!!!!!!!

Every time I can (this year I can't unluckly ) I go to Austria to see the Christkindlmarkt in Satzburg. It's absolutely impressing.. gorgeous... extraordinary spectacular!! Ypou shoul see..!! a Paradise for those who love Christmas as I do!!
:wink:

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
sara

P.S. Su.. what a nice new ava!!!

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

Old 11-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
dbukfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara
P.S. Su.. what a nice new ava!!!
Ciao Amica mia Sara
How are you today?...sound more upbeat, I think...thnks for yr comp...I'll catch up with Jules&Co, won't I?.. :lol: :lol: ..look a bit more lively Autumn Dirk, eh :wink:

:arrow: soz for talkin' about too much...(work in Finance..you see )..I'd be more thinkin' of beautiful lights, X'mas trees...family gatherin'..(before fallin' out again :?: :shock: after unwrappin' the pressies :?..ie 'Did I tell you..I'm gone off pink now? :roll:...or..'Why don't you ask before you bought?'..which in fact, you DID..and..all Answers, you get on the phone is....**sigh**...'Oh, I don't know, Dear :?: '

Sounds good to me....romantic C'mas time in Austria...ummmhh..bet you'll enjoy that .

:arrow: me...got invited to Wales fr our buddies few days over X'mas..kids'll go to see Panto on Boxin' Day :wink: then get back for fam.festive time...may be off on holiday (again :lol: ) or do some decoration @ littly :mrgreen: 's bedroom...dependin' on circumstances...(Holiday's my choice :lol

Next, pls :!:

Cheerio

Su...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

I'll be spending time with my family at Christmas. We don't spend a lot of money on X-mas presents. It's being together which is the most important thing. Some of the best presents I've ever gotten are homemade. It's not the cost of the gift it's the thought that counts. That's the really important thing. One thing I'd really like for X-mas is an authentic autographed photo from Dirk. Also,. being of German background I get to celebrate X-mas twice. Germans celebrate X-mas on X-mas eve. All the bells start ringing at midnight in the churches. It's wonderful! .
*Su.! love your new avatar!*
Old 11-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #6
dbukfan

Default Keep on Dreamin'

:arrow: Here's my all time favorite tune @ Christmas..Hope you guys like it too
........Driving Home For Christmas .......By Chris Rea 8) .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSY0VlmX2GU

I just can imagine Dirk plays his piano :wink: ....&...sing-a-long this Tune :lol: few days before Christmas...with his stand-by Cigar +a Glass of Malt Whisky :!: ..&..with his hay-sexy voice ...That'd be Splendid :lol: :wink:

Su...x

Old 11-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
sara

I'll also spend Christmas time with my family.. My parents, and Stefano of course.
I totally agree that hand made presents are much moore precious than bought ones.. :roll:
And also at home.. I like to make the objects myself.. for the tree and the... Presepe (how do you say in English?? In German it's ...Krippe.... :?: ).
The warm familiar atmosphere of Christmas.. a sweet music.. the lights.. oh dear.. my heart is so full of joy when it comes!

When I was a chid I deeply believed in Babbo Natale (Santa Claus) and some of that magic hasn't disappeared yet.. and it will never do...!! :P

A few years ago all the streets were full of lights.. it was a dream... but now Italy is living a serious economical period. Very serious.
There isn't money anymore.. and so nomore Christmas outside....
Families too have a little money.. and preparing Christmas is very difficult than years ago.. Our country is getting everu day poorer.
But Christmas and its magical bells don't need money to be wonderful! Nobody can spoil our hearts!!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
UKJules

Well, we will be spending christmas day on our own this year (just 5 of us)........Last year we had parents over for lunch and tea.......my poor old mum had just finished her chemo, bless her.....but managed to enjoy the day, even though she was very tired. This year they're going to my sisters, but will be coming here for Boxing Day (26th). I really enjoy all the festivities.......decorating the house........cooking..........wrapping prezzies........writing christmas cards - It get's you into the christmas spirit.....Ho, Ho, Ho :lol: :!:
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
BCgal

I love this time of year too! (well when it gets closer). Usually my husband and I spend a quiet Christmas morning together and then all the chaos reigns as we get together with our parents, oy! Next year we hope to be spending Christmas with our first baby so all I want for Christmas this year is a positive pregnancy test ;-)
Oh and some steak knives. And lingerie. And a new phone for the bedroom.

I don't ask for much ;-)
BCgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 AM   #10
dbukfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCgal
I love this time of year too! (well when it gets closer). Usually my husband and I spend a quiet Christmas morning together and then all the chaos reigns as we get together with our parents, oy! Next year we hope to be spending Christmas with our first baby so all I want for Christmas this year is a positive pregnancy test ;-)
Oh and some steak knives. And lingerie. And a new phone for the bedroom.
I don't ask for much ;-)
Howdy BCgal

You'd better Hang More 'Mistletoe' :wink: around the house more this yr then, girl :lol:

.....Steak KniveSS.......&.........Lingerie :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock: ..ummhhh 8) :?: ...What a combination :lol: :?:

I haven't decided yet what I really want thsi year :roll: :?:

Take care

Su...x

Old 11-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
BCgal

Ha yes more mistletoe ;-)

After I posted that I laughed at how funny steak knives and lingerie sounded together!! Hehheh, I'm not some s&m nympho I promise
BCgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
Lily

Hello all.
Christmas A great subject.
The shops over here didn't start as early as they normally do., ( still playing normal musak on the shop floor)

I am thankful for the ability to make good friends or I would be definetly on my tod at chrimbo time, there will be Five Year Old too , a second christmas spent with a kiddie that will be cool ( its the only time I use talcum powder as footprints, and I have the old fashioned fireplaces too, so no explanation how Santa goes up and down the chimney!!!).
Love Dean Martin's 'let it Snow' :mrgreen:
Guadete too and The Darkness's 'Don't let the bells end' and loads more.
Christmas really starts for me with the writing of chrimbo cards and buying the 'Radio times'( tv mag)
I would like snow in the midlands ,but I guess thats unlikely ( no snow at christmas for at least 10 years that I can remember)

Christmas is too over hyped and I try and get to the old fashioned way of doing things.
Ah well.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 AM   #13
dbukfan

Howdy Lily :wink:
Great Idea... :lol: ..talcum powder footprints :lol: ..didn't know you've got 5 yrs old child..is it a boy or a girl :?: ...Christmas's always def.Great fun for kids..totally agreed with you!!..below as requested...Enjoy it :wink: ...Ho Ho Ho :wink:

.............'Let's It Snow'.......by Dean Martin 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64m71wj3Ofk

Su..x

Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #14
Tracy

Ah Christmas. My favorite time of year
I'm especially looking forward to this years holidays as my sister, who moved away 4 years ago to another part of the country, is coming home with her husband and my new niece
That is the best pressie, other than my kids health and happiness.

My Mum is doing a huge Xmas feast this year with all the trimmings.
Goose, crimbo crackers, plum duff, holly and mistletoe, the works

My favorite part is the month leading up to Crimbo. The work parties, the friends over parties, the shopping ( yes I actually enjoy the crowds! ) the Crimbo pageants and band concerts, decorating the house all up lovely, just the whole "feel" of the season.

I'll put on my "old time" Crimbo songs ( Dean Martin, Perry Como etc etc ) and decorate away
Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #15
sara

Oh Tracy, you're so right..
All this atmosphere and this cheerful music are incredible..
At Christmas I become a child again and my enthusiasm in front of my sparkling Christamas tree isn't different from when I was a kid.

Su.. that music is so sweet.. so cool.. so full of feelings and emotions.. I can't express it very well in English.. but I hope you can understand what I mean.. :roll:

Everything.. each single sorrow is sweeter at Christmas time and happiness is melted with a tender nostalgic smell..

Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara

Everything.. each single sorrow is sweeter at Christmas time and happiness is melted with a tender nostalgic smell..
sara,
That is such a lovely thought!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #17
sara

:lol: thank you Tracy...

Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #18
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

It is Sara! You need to believe your own thought's more!

I want to buy Disney present's for me haha! And so that I can play with the children next year if I go to Germany

I need to buy also something for my mother her birthday is 4 dec. and we have a special day on 5 dec. for children with gifts and etc.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #19
Tracy

I'm almost tempted to make this thread it's own forum for the Holidays.
We could talk about our own around the world traditions, exchange recipes, have some fun..what do you all think?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #20
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Tracy that's a Great Idea!

Sara! What a beautiful quote!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #21
Tracy

OK Anne is a "yes" vote so that makes two...
Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #22
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Very cool idea!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #23
Tracy

OK so that's three so far
Old 11-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #24
sara

Tracy.. It would be really great!!!!
Wonderful idea!! :wink:

Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #25
sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk B. Fan from Holland
I want to buy Disney present's for me haha! And so that I can play with the children next year if I go to Germany
Adri, at home with my parents (and with Stef aswell!) we are used to watch Disney cartoons at Christmas time.... a sweet family moment!!!