LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #26
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Default Re: Face, Unrealistic Expectations, and Life (...that should just about cover it)

Yes. I kind of feel guilty for not being active on here so much
Lots of roadworks where you're at too WelshPoppy? We have lots and lots of those and they seem to take like forever to get done. And I can't even avoid most of them even if I wanted to.

But well ... I'm still alive and kicking
And yes, I'm starting to look forward to Christmas
Hope you're well too!
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #27
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: Face, Unrealistic Expectations, and Life (...that should just about cover it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Haha... Facemen! That one has my vote.

I noticed it's been quiet on here. Have all the Dirkettes and all the Facemen just settled down for a long winter's nap?
yes. you want us to be more active, you need to dig us out
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #28
Vballspieler
Dirkette

First of all, love the rants. They make my non-work time more enjoyable.

Second, what crushes?

I like Barbie and wasn't too impressed with Ken. Perfectionism runs in my family. I have to admit that i was more tomboyish as a kid than in my teenage years and later in life. When i watch both BSG and A-team now, I can admit how handsome Starbuck and Face were. Is that enough of an admission? Good, 'cause it's all you are getting.

I think there is a level between being really blunt and always telling someone what they want to hear just to make things go well. Is one better than the other? Probably not. I wouldn't trust a character like Face, but I would be his friend. Being called "anal" kinda sticks with you; same as "worst sibling ever" and "not worth enough to fight for". I want friends and family who are real; who accept me for who I am - faults and all; yet, see the potential to be more.

ok. lost my train of thought. A hair thread. I'm all for it.

I think both shows have a variety of interests depending on what age you are. You can enjoy the family values, the flirting, the good looks (yes, male and female), and action/adventures. I think our Christmas project addresses this thread, too. Why Dirk Benedict is more than just "Face" or "Starbuck" to his fans.

I left my fanfiction with Face and Racquel staring at each other. Do you think at some point i should finish the story?
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:50 AM   #29
elainesteel

“I left my fanfiction with Face and Racquel staring at each other. Do you think at some point i should finish the story?”

That’s a resounding YES!

Elaine.

"No one is going to save you, you have to save yourself. No one is going to give you anything, you have to go out and fight for it. No one knows what you want except you, and no one will be as sorry as you if you don't get it. So, don't give up your dreams!" - Barry Manilow
elainesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #30
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Second, what crushes?

I like Barbie and wasn't too impressed with Ken. Perfectionism runs in my family. I have to admit that i was more tomboyish as a kid than in my teenage years and later in life. When i watch both BSG and A-team now, I can admit how handsome Starbuck and Face were. Is that enough of an admission? Good, 'cause it's all you are getting.
At least you're admitting something. Me. I'm in denial

Quote:
I want friends and family who are real; who accept me for who I am - faults and all; yet, see the potential to be more.
Just wanted to let you know that I truly like you for who you really are. A warm and kind person with a loving heart. Someone you can count on and who is always ready to listen and be there for someone when needed. And we all have our flaws. It's only human. You're a wonderful friend and I'm really happy to be able to call you my friend.

Quote:
A hair thread. I'm all for it.
Sure. Why not.

Quote:
I left my fanfiction with Face and Racquel staring at each other. Do you think at some point i should finish the story?
YES !!!! Absolutely.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #31
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
yes. you want us to be more active, you need to dig us out
I'll be in the same boat as you, soon.

Who the heck moves to Arizona in July and New England in February?
This girl!!!

Yes, definitely finish the fan fiction. I haven't seen any in a while and I'm afraid I'm going through withdrawal.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #32
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
I'll be in the same boat as you, soon.

Who the heck moves to Arizona in July and New England in February?
This girl!!!

Yes, definitely finish the fan fiction. I haven't seen any in a while and I'm afraid I'm going through withdrawal.
Lol. I'll dig you out and then you can come dig me out.

I will try to write on sunday. See if I can't stop the withdrawals.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #33
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Sounds like a plan!!!
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #34
WelshPoppy30

Smile Re: Face, Unrealistic Expectations, and Life (...that should just about cover it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Yes. I kind of feel guilty for not being active on here so much
Lots of roadworks where you're at too WelshPoppy? We have lots and lots of those and they seem to take like forever to get done. And I can't even avoid most of them even if I wanted to.

But well ... I'm still alive and kicking
And yes, I'm starting to look forward to Christmas
Hope you're well too!

So glad you're well and you're looking forward to Christmas (a nice quiet one for me ), I'm also very well thank you although a little tired lately.
Don't feel guilty LMD sometimes it's difficult finding the time to post, it's like not hearing from anyone for a while and then suddenly getting a load of texts/phonecalls, it all seems to happen at once lol
Same here with the roadworks definitely there's so many of them, there a current change of a whole road system going on right now back to the way it was before pretty much, so works have been there for a little while, I could go on but I'm at risk about also going on a tangent about potholes (fingers on lips)

VBS, I was the same as you I was a tomboy when I was younger I still am in some ways. I also truly think you are a lovely person and very welcoming absolutely, finish your story, don't leave it on cliff hanger
Yes a hair thread sounds good

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

From one of my all-time favourite comedians....
"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)
WelshPoppy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:21 PM   #35
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

I will try to write on sunday. See if I can't stop the withdrawals.
Bad news. My story will have to wait until after the holidays.

Have no fear, I will get back to the story soon.