LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Cruises and Conventions

Cruises and Conventions Here we can discuss Dirk and his appearances on little boats and large show rooms!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 PM   #26
Michele Ann
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Brockton, Massachusetts
Posts: 328
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Michele, my niece still talks about meeting him last year. He makes an impression, that much I can tell you.
Good to know. I'm very excited.
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #27
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 37
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Still two weeks away?! But I'm so excited to hear all about Anja's experience! At least work is making the days go by faster than they would otherwise.

Man, it's so quiet around here! To liven things up, here are a few questions for anyone who feels like answering or offering speculation:

- Will they do a video report on the event like they did in Belgium?
- If they do such a report, will it be in German? I wouldn't mind practicing my German listening skills.
- How hard is it to make a German laugh? I feel like they don't have quite as reckless a sense of humor as some of us Americans, but that could also be based on stereotypes. Then again, there was that episode of the A-Team...
- Which state (they're called states, right?) is Stuttgart in? I was tested on all of the state names last semester and I remembered some of them. I can currently call to mind about three. Unfortunately, I never dated a Geography major.
- Why is the A-Team so much more popular in Germany than in the U.S.? I saw a German commercial about a TV network or something that showed a family watching the A-Team.
- Is "Stuttgart" just a place name or does it have a literal meaning? You know, like "Blue Valley" or something.

Okay, I think that's it with the random questions. If I could, I'd offer a prize to the person with the best answers (possibly the ones that made me laugh the most), but I am not in a position to do that, unless... I could always find you a meme or GIF and post it dedicated to you. Impress me (or at least simply find the kindness in your heart to reply) and I may do just that.
__________________
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:30 AM   #28
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Yes. It has been very quiet around here So I'm with you in trying to liven things up.

Now I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but I'll try to answer some:
- I don't know if they'll do a video report, but I do hope so.
- If they do it will be in German for sure
- Haha. Well I can't speak for all of them but I did happen to work with some Germans and they all enjoyed a good laugh. Some are bit stiff still, but most of them have a normal sense of humor. Off course, we Europeans are all a bit 'stiff' compaired to Americans I guess that's part of our nature.
- In german they are called Bundesländer which can be translated into states. I also haven't dated a Geography major, but I do have the answer to this question. Stuttgart is the capital of the state called Baden-Württenberg. It is well known for two famous brands of cars: Porsche and Daimler-Benz.
- The show was and still is a huge succes in all of Europe. Families used to watch the show together. Why? Well it's a great show with wonderful actors. Lots of young girls were madly in love with Face Haha. Well in a way that's true but I guess we saw it for what it was: an entertaining show with cartoon like violence and great team work. We grew up watching the A-team and people I know still remember the show and its actors to this day (especially Dirk).
- I've tried to look for an explanation of the name, but couldn't find anything. Sorry. It has been called Stuttgart since the 13th century already. That's something I could find. I know it's not much ...
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #29
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Still two weeks away?! But I'm so excited to hear all about Anja's experience! At least work is making the days go by faster than they would otherwise.

Man, it's so quiet around here! To liven things up, here are a few questions for anyone who feels like answering or offering speculation:

- Will they do a video report on the event like they did in Belgium?
- If they do such a report, will it be in German? I wouldn't mind practicing my German listening skills.
- How hard is it to make a German laugh? I feel like they don't have quite as reckless a sense of humor as some of us Americans, but that could also be based on stereotypes. Then again, there was that episode of the A-Team...
- Which state (they're called states, right?) is Stuttgart in? I was tested on all of the state names last semester and I remembered some of them. I can currently call to mind about three. Unfortunately, I never dated a Geography major.
- Why is the A-Team so much more popular in Germany than in the U.S.? I saw a German commercial about a TV network or something that showed a family watching the A-Team.
- Is "Stuttgart" just a place name or does it have a literal meaning? You know, like "Blue Valley" or something.

Okay, I think that's it with the random questions. If I could, I'd offer a prize to the person with the best answers (possibly the ones that made me laugh the most), but I am not in a position to do that, unless... I could always find you a meme or GIF and post it dedicated to you. Impress me (or at least simply find the kindness in your heart to reply) and I may do just that.
_ I hope so. That would fantastic. If they don't, Anja's there. She can send us info and I'm sure we can put something together for the forum.

_ again. Really hoping it would be in German. I can really use the practice. As if reading 286 pages of CKC in German wasn't enough practice.

_ that's nonsense. They have a good sense of humor. Just don't try to outdrink them. They hold their liquor very well. And yes, I speak from experience on both accounts.

_ Stuttgart is in Bäden_Würtenberg. Sie sind Staaten. Not to be confused with Städten. They are more like provinces like Canada has, but states to us.

_ Sie sind klüger als Amerikaner. Sie weissen es ist nur für fernsehen und sie lacheln weil sehen Sie fern.

_Stuttgart. Weil es "berg" oder "burg" könnte ich antworten, aber Gart ist nahe "Garten", so a garden of studs? . I take payment in cubits. Ich brauche mehr für Missouri. Stuttgart has two big car manufacturers located there. Something to go see. If you make it there. The landscaping is very beautiful and I believe they have a good university there. The city was laid out for walking very well.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #30
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 37
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
_ I hope so. That would fantastic. If they don't, Anja's there. She can send us info and I'm sure we can put something together for the forum.

_ again. Really hoping it would be in German. I can really use the practice. As if reading 286 pages of CKC in German wasn't enough practice.

_ that's nonsense. They have a good sense of humor. Just don't try to outdrink them. They hold their liquor very well. And yes, I speak from experience on both accounts.

_ Stuttgart is in Bäden_Würtenberg. Sie sind Staaten. Not to be confused with Städten. They are more like provinces like Canada has, but states to us.

_ Sie sind klüger als Amerikaner. Sie weissen es ist nur für fernsehen und sie lacheln weil sehen Sie fern.

_Stuttgart. Weil es "berg" oder "burg" könnte ich antworten, aber Gart ist nahe "Garten", so a garden of studs? . I take payment in cubits. Ich brauche mehr für Missouri. Stuttgart has two big car manufacturers located there. Something to go see. If you make it there. The landscaping is very beautiful and I believe they have a good university there. The city was laid out for walking very well.
Danke schön für die gute Antworten! Ich weiß so viel jetzt.

Hier ist deinen meme:

__________________
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #31
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Danke schön für die gute Antworten! Ich weiß so viel jetzt.

Hier ist deinen meme:

Mit diesem Wort, sie sollen. Vielen Punkte.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #32
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Ok, so I know the excitement level is high, but please slow down time. I have much to do before Stuttgart and Missouri.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #33
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Ok, so I know the excitement level is high, but please slow down time. I have much to do before Stuttgart and Missouri.
Package sent. Now, I can't wait for the convention.

LMD, the goal is a hug. Viel Glück.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #34
Flygirl
Erin
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 1,417
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Package sent. Now, I can't wait for the convention.

LMD, the goal is a hug. Viel Glück.
Yes, this is the dream... Liebe von einem schönen Kerl
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #35
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin
 
John Pickard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 1,608
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

He'll be there. A week and a half...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Another quick question John. Do you still enjoy the occasional smoke?
I didn't realize I hadn't answered you, VBS. My profound apologies.

It's rare - extremely so - but if I'm offered the right cigar I will indulge. With the proper glass of whiskey to accompany it, of course.

__________________
See Dirk's appearance schedule here: Appearances

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #36
Flygirl
Erin
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 1,417
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Hey, Wim! Are you going to this one, by chance? I assume you would have told us. But since Belgium is rather close to Germany (I assume, my geography skills are lacking)... and LMD is going, and she's from Belgium... anyway let us know
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #37
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Hey, Wim! Are you going to this one, by chance? I assume you would have told us. But since Belgium is rather close to Germany (I assume, my geography skills are lacking)... and LMD is going, and she's from Belgium... anyway let us know
I see some geography classes in your future.

Maybe we could do it as we travel from country to country?
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #38
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
He'll be there. A week and a half...

Now, I'm depressed. I want to go back there.
Someday just doesn't come fast enough.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #39
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
I see some geography classes in your future.

Maybe we could do it as we travel from country to country?
Maybe you need to date a geography major. LOL. Well, FG, I can tell you that we (Germany and Belgium) are next door neighbors.

You sure could.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #40
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Now, I'm depressed. I want to go back there.
Someday just doesn't come fast enough.
You will, VBS. I'm sure you will.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #41
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 37
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Maybe you need to date a geography major.
Man, I was *this close* to saying that, but you beat me to it.
__________________
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #42
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Man, I was *this close* to saying that, but you beat me to it.
Well as they say "Great minds..."
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:03 AM   #43
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Maybe you need to date a geography major. LOL. Well, FG, I can tell you that we (Germany and Belgium) are next door neighbors.

You sure could.
Since Flyngrl needs the geography lesson, how do you think her husband would like her dating a geography major? I don't think the celebrity clause includes this....
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #44
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

And the countdown is on.......8 Tagen, 20 Stunden, 49 Minuten, 30 Sekunden.....according to the website. So nice of them to count down for us.

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the schedule layout. Guest panel -Samstag -12 stunde. Photosession -Samstag -16:15.

Last edited by Vballspieler; 06-22-2017 at 04:26 AM..
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #45
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Since Flyngrl needs the geography lesson, how do you think her husband would like her dating a geography major? I don't think the celebrity clause includes this....
Haha I don't think so either
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #46
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
And the countdown is on.......8 Tagen, 20 Stunden, 49 Minuten, 30 Sekunden.....according to the website. So nice of them to count down for us.

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the schedule layout. Guest panel -Samstag -12 stunde. Photosession -Samstag -16:15.
Yup. Love it And I like the schedule as well. Still super excited
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #47
Flygirl
Erin
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 1,417
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Maybe you need to date a geography major. LOL. Well, FG, I can tell you that we (Germany and Belgium) are next door neighbors.

You sure could.
Lol!!! Yes, I could. But VBS is right; that falls outside the boundaries of the celebrity clause.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:02 AM   #48
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Lol!!! Yes, I could. But VBS is right; that falls outside the boundaries of the celebrity clause.
Too bad
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #49
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,299
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Too bad
So, I guess that means I would have to date the geography major and just let her tag along. What I do for my friends?!?
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #50
Flygirl
Erin
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 1,417
Default Re: Ready for another one, Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
So, I guess that means I would have to date the geography major and just let her tag along. What I do for my friends?!?
You're such a trooper!!! Xoxo
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Contact Us - Dirk Benedict Central - Archive - Top
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

©2007-2021 DirkBenedictCentral.com
Webmaster- John Pickard