LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #1
WelshPoppy30

Smile Hello, just dropping by to introduce myself :)

Hello everyone, my name is Louise/WelshPoppy30 and I am very much a new member here.
I have been aware of DBCentral for a little while, but have only now found the confidence to join, as being part of something like this is very new to me.
I'm sure there are others here who have felt the same as I have.
I have already slowly but surely started to find my way around.

I have been a fan of Mr Benedict's for a long time, not only as an actor but also as an author.
Both myself and my partner (who is also a fan) have found Mr Benedict to be a great source of inspiration with regards to better health, well being etc and have found to have a similar outlook on life in general, I.E we try not to take life too seriously

All there is left for me to say is thank you for reading my introduction, I am very happy to be here and I look forward to joining in with discussions.
WelshPoppy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:39 AM   #2
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Default Re: Hello, just dropping by to introduce myself :)

Hello Louise/WelshPoppy30 and welcome to DBC My name is Anja/LittleMonkeyDog.
I am one of those people who felt the same way as you did, but I'm super glad that I decided to join. I've made some wonderful friends for life! And there are lots of interesting topics and discussions on the Forum.

Like you I've also been a long time fan of Dirk's work both as an author and an actor and found him to be inspirational in so many ways. I've also had the privilige to meet him twice already something I can recommend to everyone if you have the opportunity.

We're very happy to have you here and hope to hear from you again soon Take care.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Wilkommen, Louise/WelshPoppy30

I found this site almost two years ago. It is full of fabulous people and wonderful information. I hope you get to meet him some day. It is an experience.

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas. we have fun and also support each other.

Joyce a.k.a Vballspieler
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
WelshPoppy30

Smile Re: Hello, just dropping by to introduce myself :)

Hello LittleMonekeyDog and Vballspieler, it is lovely to meet you
thank you for welcoming me, I really appreciate it I can already see it is a fun place to be and think it is great you are all there as support for each other. It is lovely to know that there are others who have felt similar to me as I am by my very nature a shy person, but I am slowly trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone and am also very glad that I have joined the forum

I would also like to say Anja and Joyce I think it is brilliant that you have got to meet Dirk.
I am very proud to say that I have also had the pleasure of meeting him and his son Roland when they visited the UK in March. I went with my other half and we thought he was such a kind gentleman to us both at the signing and during the photo opportunity. My partner who uses a wheelchair whenever we go out and about, he especially wanted to stand for the picture to be taken and then afterwards he helped me with him back in the chair. We were so appreciative of his help and that he didn't have to go out of his way. Then he was interested to know about whether my partner would improve? so we talked for a brief moment about that as we were getting concerned about the queue. He assured us it was alright though and we ended both days listening to his Q&A which of course were the highlight for us especially his story about Fred Astaire he even did a little dance
I'm sorry this ended up being a long reply but I have enjoyed sharing my experience of meeting Mr Benedict with you and hope you have also enjoyed reading it

Last edited by WelshPoppy30; 06-17-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Old 06-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshPoppy30 View Post
Hello LittleMonekeyDog and Vballspieler, it is lovely to meet you
thank you for welcoming me, I really appreciate it I can already see it is a fun place to be and think it is great you are all there as support for each other. It is lovely to know that there are others who have felt similar to me as I am by my very nature a shy person, but I am slowly trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone and am also very glad that I have joined the forum

I would also like to say Anja and Joyce I think it is brilliant that you have got to meet Dirk.
I am very proud to say that I have also had the pleasure of meeting him and his son Roland when they visited the UK in March. I went with my other half and we thought he was such a kind gentleman to us both at the signing and during the photo opportunity. My partner who uses a wheelchair whenever we go out and about, he especially wanted to stand for the picture to be taken and then afterwards he helped me with him back in the chair. We were so appreciative of his help and that he didn't have to go out of his way. Then he was interested to know about whether my partner would improve? so we talked for a brief moment about that as we were getting concerned about the queue. He assured us it was alright though and we ended both days listening to his Q&A which of course were the highlight for us especially his story about Fred Astaire he even did a little dance
I'm sorry this ended up being a long reply but I have enjoyed sharing my experience of meeting Mr Benedict with you and hope you have also enjoyed reading it
You went to Liverpool Comic Con? That's so awesome! I went there myself too. Who knows. We might have met. Unfortunately, I could only attend the q&a on Saturday because I had a plane to catch on Sunday. But I loved every second of it Oh and btw, I'm a usually a very shy person by nature myself.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
WelshPoppy30

LittleMonkeyDog It was great we had a brilliant weekend, we managed to meet our favourite guests, it was our first time going to a convention of any kind and we enjoyed it so much we hope to go again.
It was such a nice surprise to find out that Dirk was attending we just had to go as we didn't know if we would get another chance to see him.

I'm so happy you managed to attend the Saturday and we more than likely crossed paths at some point hopefully if you go again you could attend on both days.

Last edited by WelshPoppy30; 06-17-2018 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 11:28 PM   #7
Sassy Devil
💗💗💗 I 💘 Dirk 💗💗💗

Hi, Louise/WelshPoppy30! I'm hoping Dirk gets up my way this year. I missed him at Retro-Con last year, because I'd never even heard of it, and I haven't been to a con in years. I miss them! But I'll be going if Dirk's at one not too far from me.
Sassy Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #8
WelshPoppy30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Devil View Post
Hi, Louise/WelshPoppy30! I'm hoping Dirk gets up my way this year. I missed him at Retro-Con last year, because I'd never even heard of it, and I haven't been to a con in years. I miss them! But I'll be going if Dirk's at one not too far from me.
Well look at that.....I just learnt how to quote a message, I'm really getting into this now ahhh the little things. anyway.......
Sorry Sassy Devil I do apologise, it's lovely to meet you , it's really nice that you enjoy going to conventions, I can understand why you would miss it. We would absolutely love to go again but we would stay a little longer next time to see a bit more of the place we are visiting because after the Sunday at Liverpool I was driving us straight back home but I loved it because it was later in the evening and despite it pouring down with rain as time went on, I still enjoyed it. So hopefully we can have an extra couple of days. Fingers crossed for you that he will attend an event near you and will be looking forward to reading that you have met him .
Old 06-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #9
Vballspieler
Dirkette

You are learning fast.

My first convention was less than three years ago. I wanted to try something new and went through some binge-watching of BSG on Netflix. It was a good experience and one I will never forget.

I hope that Dirk will come to a location near you (again) and that you get a chance to do some exploring.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:24 PM   #10
WelshPoppy30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
You are learning fast.

My first convention was less than three years ago. I wanted to try something new and went through some binge-watching of BSG on Netflix. It was a good experience and one I will never forget.

I hope that Dirk will come to a location near you (again) and that you get a chance to do some exploring.
It's always good to have a binge and it is absolutely an unforgettable experience and one no one can ever take away from you.
If he does visit the UK again that would be fantastic if he is up to it of course as it is such a long way to travel but who knows? Will have to keep an eye out

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

From one of my all-time favourite comedians....
"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)

Last edited by WelshPoppy30; 06-19-2018 at 06:48 PM..
Old 06-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #11
Wim

Welcome! :-)
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #12
WelshPoppy30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Welcome! :-)
Hello Wim thank you for the welcome I very much appreciate it

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)
Old 06-21-2018, 10:54 PM   #13
Vballspieler
Dirkette

It is a long way, but well worth it. Ah, I miss my Europe. I can't believe that he doesn't stay longer. If i ever make it back, I want to spend some time there. I want to visit some of the places i visited when i lived there.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #14
WelshPoppy30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
It is a long way, but well worth it. Ah, I miss my Europe. I can't believe that he doesn't stay longer. If i ever make it back, I want to spend some time there. I want to visit some of the places i visited when i lived there.
Vballspieler, I really hope you make it back there someday so you can do all those things, and visit those places

Dirk Benedict.

Ken Dodd (R.I.P)