LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > The Books

The Books A place to talk about Dirk's two autobiographies "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" and "And Then We Went Fishing" as well as Dirk penned articles and future writings.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:46 PM   #51
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: "Dig Deep"...An Essay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai22 View Post
I'm bumping up this essay in case it was overlooked. Written about 15 years ago. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Thank you😊

I second Flyngirl's request. I like reading what he writes; very thought-provoking.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #52
ojai22

You're welcome to all. His writing isn't just informative, it's such a joy to read. He is a joy to know.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #53
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quite entertaining and makes you think. At first I thought it was going to be a satire like Swift's "A Modest Proposal," just with puppies.

Am I the only one who didn't think the idea of eating dog was strange? People in China do it all the time. A friend of mine ate dog while he was over there. He also took advantage of the fact that he understood Chinese but people around him weren't always aware of it, with some humorous results.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #54
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
He also took advantage of the fact that he understood Chinese but people around him weren't always aware of it, with some humorous results.
It's fun to do that. You shock people when you answer them in the other language.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote