LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Cruises and Conventions

Cruises and Conventions Here we can discuss Dirk and his appearances on little boats and large show rooms!

Old 10-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #51
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: Retro Con! Oct. 14-15

This is also related to the other thread, but this week I was thinking about how if I got to see Dwight, I would tell him how lucky he was to be on one of the coolest sci-fi shows of all time (ST:TNG). But I'm sure he already knows that. And then I would thank him for being the reason I got acquainted with that show.

But seriously, what was it like to work with Patrick Stewart? Or Marina Sirtis, LeVar Burton, and Brent Spiner (who has a fantastic sense of humor)? I know he got into TNG because of his friendship with Whoopi Goldberg, which is cool in itself, but I wonder if he got to know any of the other actors during the show, especially since he guest-starred in several episodes. He even made an appearance on ST:Voyager with Marina Sirtis. He did play a well-rounded, unintentionally comical character, and they must have liked him if they had him keep coming back.

It would be interesting to see if there are any interviews or panel videos out there with Dwight talking about Star Trek, since all the ones I've seen with him are related to the A-Team. Of course, whatever his experience was, I'm sure it didn't compare to A-Team, because (besides the fact that he starred in the A-Team), he says Dirk is still his "only friend in Hollywood."
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #52
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
It would be interesting to see if there are any interviews or panel videos out there with Dwight talking about Star Trek, since all the ones I've seen with him are related to the A-Team. Of course, whatever his experience was, I'm sure it didn't compare to A-Team, because (besides the fact that he starred in the A-Team), he says Dirk is still his "only friend in Hollywood."
There is at least one panel where Dwight talks about being on star trek. It's on You Tube.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #53
DirknDwight'sfan

I got a question if you can. It Dirk is going to spent the night at Dwight's house to fly to the convention together? Or they will meet at the convention at Oaks, PA.
DirknDwight'sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #54
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirknDwight'sfan View Post
I got a question if you can. It Dirk is going to spent the night at Dwight's house to fly to the convention together? Or they will meet at the convention at Oaks, PA.
I couldn't even begin to guess! It might be fun for them to do that, but I have a feeling they'll both be flying from their homes to PA and meet up there.

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #55
anneg1026

My daughter really wanted to go with me and meet Dwight. Murdock is her favorite character! She's going to draw a picture for him. I hope he accepts it
anneg1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #56
DirknDwight'sfan

Thanks, John. I thought it was a good idea if they fly together, but like you said, they will meet up when they get there.
DirknDwight'sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #57
InACupFool

There are a few YouTube videos out there of Dwight doing TNG panels. One is with Marina Sirtis and Denise Crosby. The link is below. Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDStPBPSk18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
InACupFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #58
InACupFool

Here's another but the quality isn't as good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb3WDYvA0nA
InACupFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:58 PM   #59
anneg1026

Cool Re: Retro Con! Oct. 14-15

Hey everyone,

It was just wonderful to meet Dirk and Dwight today

Dirk is so sweet, he chatted with me for a few minutes He couldn't believe I came all the way from Orlando to see him! He remembered me from the Christmas message, when I mentioned it. This trip was definitely worth it!

I want to upload the pictures but they keep uploading sideways and I don't know how to fix it!
Old 10-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #60
Flygirl
Erin

YES!!! Awesome!!! I'll pm you my email. If you want I can put them up for you. Not that I'm super excited to see them or anything...!!
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #61
anneg1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
YES!!! Awesome!!! I'll pm you my email. If you want I can put them up for you. Not that I'm super excited to see them or anything...!!
Ok I will email them to you!
Old 10-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #62
anneg1026

Forgot to add that Dwight was so nice and friendly, I only talked to him for a minute because I couldn't think of much to say but I told him about my daughter and that Murdock is her favorite character
Old 10-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #63
Flygirl
Erin

Anne, these are AWESOME!!!

Last edited by Flygirl; 10-14-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #64
anneg1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Anne, these are AWESOME!!!
Thanks for posting!

I'm a real Floridian, it was 65 degrees outside and I was cold!
Old 10-14-2017, 06:40 PM   #65
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Great pics! So glad you had such a good time!
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 10-14-2017, 06:47 PM   #66
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneg1026 View Post
Omg. I'm right there with ya. Since I moved to AZ I've really acclimated to the desert. I get cold whenever the temperature dips below 80, or if the a/c is turned up too much (and it usually is!...)
Old 10-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #67
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Thanks for posting!

Lol. I was wondering how you were going to do with that.

Great pics. It looks like you are having an awesome time.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:51 AM   #68
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Dirk is so sweet, he chatted with me for a few minutes He couldn't believe I came all the way from Orlando to see him! He remembered me from the Christmas message, when I mentioned it. This trip was definitely worth it!

I want to upload the pictures but they keep uploading sideways and I don't know how to fix it!
Anne, you did it !!! So glad you had a great time. I'm happy for you
And those are very lovely pics. Thanks for sharing your experience and the pics with us.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:53 AM   #69
Kellie

I’m new to this forum, so hi everyone. I’m from England, so couldn’t go to this one, hope they do more future ones though, I would love to come over & meet Dirk & Dwight at one of these.
Anne those pictures are great! You’re so lucky. How long has Dirk had a beard? He has a look of Al Pacino!
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #70
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Congratulations, Anne. Happy for you. Glad you had a great experience. Lovely pictures.

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #71
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Default Re: Emerald City Comicon 2013

Jonathan Eglin posted this on our Facebook page; another great picture from yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Retro-Con 2017a.jpg (107.7 KB, 19 views)

Old 10-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #72
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
Iím new to this forum, so hi everyone. Iím from England, so couldnít go to this one, hope they do more future ones though, I would love to come over & meet Dirk & Dwight at one of these.
Anne those pictures are great! Youíre so lucky. How long has Dirk had a beard? He has a look of Al Pacino!
Haha... he does! Good observation... however he is waaaay better looking than Pacino.

Welcome to the forum, Kellie! I hope you get to meet them too.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #73
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Iím new to this forum, so hi everyone. Iím from England, so couldnít go to this one, hope they do more future ones though, I would love to come over & meet Dirk & Dwight at one of these.
Anne those pictures are great! Youíre so lucky. How long has Dirk had a beard? He has a look of Al Pacino!
Welcome, Kellie! Glad you're here!

The beard is relatively recent (i.e., within the last few months), but I agree, it's a good look for him.
- Brian Greene
Old 10-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #74
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

I think it's a good look, too - but then, I've had a beard for the majority of the last 40 years...

Anyway, got another great photo posted on the Facebook page - this one, from Kevin Benedict (probably no relation.... )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Retro-Con 2017b.jpg (64.2 KB, 14 views)

Old 10-15-2017, 02:14 PM   #75
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Hi Kellie. Welcome to the forum Hope to hear some more from you in the (near) future. If you ever get the opportunity to go to one of these cons, don't hesitate. I did and had the time of my life meeting Dirk.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote