LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:31 PM   #551
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: Dirk Q&A #1 - Discussion Thread

Weel, I think I just found Dirk's official answer to my first question (thank you, Big Brother ), and I'd already figured out what my answer is, so if he just wants to answer my second and third questions, it would decrease the surplus population of Q and A.

The trees are bright green over here, and I hear a bird chirping - I think it's a robin. We're supposed to be inundated with rain this week, so they'd better harvest quickly or they'll have to wait a while. Don't know what exactly they harvest over here, though... probably tobacco? Illinois was corn and soybeans, and the field behind our house rotated every couple years. Have you ever wondered why nobody films prolonged chase sequences in the middle of corn fields? We did too, until my siblings and I and our friends tried it. Lots of editing needed to cut out the parts when leaves smacked our tiny handheld camera.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:30 PM   #552
Vballspieler
Dirkette

John, ich habe eine Frage. Ja, ich weiß, ich spreche Deutsch jetzt. Meine Frage ist: since Dirk answered the bottom questions on the list, is he aware that some of us middle questioners are still waiting? Yes, I know. Harvest is a long way off... just wondering if people should prepare their questions for the conventions instead. Would it make it easier for both of you? (Es tut mir sehr leid. Ich hätte zwei Frage.)
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #553
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Weel, I think I just found Dirk's official answer to my first question (thank you, Big Brother ), and I'd already figured out what my answer is, so if he just wants to answer my second and third questions, it would decrease the surplus population of Q and A.

The trees are bright green over here, and I hear a bird chirping - I think it's a robin. We're supposed to be inundated with rain this week, so they'd better harvest quickly or they'll have to wait a while. Don't know what exactly they harvest over here, though... probably tobacco? Illinois was corn and soybeans, and the field behind our house rotated every couple years. Have you ever wondered why nobody films prolonged chase sequences in the middle of corn fields? We did too, until my siblings and I and our friends tried it. Lots of editing needed to cut out the parts when leaves smacked our tiny handheld camera.
You just need experience shooting in a cornfield. You need to spend more time in the boonies....where the roads are dirt and you cut through the fields because it's shorter. Where do you think we learned to drag race? And practice our 180s for winter? And soup up the cars so they look "cool" ?
Old 05-31-2017, 10:21 PM   #554
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
John, ich habe eine Frage. Ja, ich weiß, ich spreche Deutsch jetzt. Meine Frage ist: since Dirk answered the bottom questions on the list, is he aware that some of us middle questioners are still waiting? Yes, I know. Harvest is a long way off... just wondering if people should prepare their questions for the conventions instead. Would it make it easier for both of you? (Es tut mir sehr leid. Ich hätte zwei Frage.)
Dirk accidentally took them out of order. We just talked about this, too; he's got the others, and he's working on them as he can.

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:34 PM   #555
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
Dirk accidentally took them out of order. We just talked about this, too; he's got the others, and he's working on them as he can.
That's great news. Thanks for the info, John.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #556
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Thank you, John.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:38 PM   #557
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Not to be a pain, but....i'm back to snow and he missed my birthday. Any idea if he still has our questions and should we lay them to rest or expect an answer..... someday?

Mucho gracias.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Old 10-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #558
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Not to be a pain, but....i'm back to snow and he missed my birthday. Any idea if he still has our questions and should we lay them to rest or expect an answer..... someday?

Mucho gracias.
At this point, I'm going to have to say "someday." I haven't forgotten, I'm not going to forget, I have all the questions, and I know he wants to finish them.

Ultimately, we will get our answers - but it will be when he has a chance to spend more than 3 minutes at a time in front of his computer. I can't tell you all I know of that's going on in his life - and he doesn't tell me anywhere near everything; I'm just amazed at how he's able to stay so busy (not always by choice - life happens) and not collapse from exhaustion or go stark raving nuts.

So - feel free to remind me occasionally, but we will, eventually, see a successful conclusion to this project.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #559
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
At this point, I'm going to have to say "someday." I haven't forgotten, I'm not going to forget, I have all the questions, and I know he wants to finish them.

Ultimately, we will get our answers - but it will be when he has a chance to spend more than 3 minutes at a time in front of his computer. I can't tell you all I know of that's going on in his life - and he doesn't tell me anywhere near everything; I'm just amazed at how he's able to stay so busy (not always by choice - life happens) and not collapse from exhaustion or go stark raving nuts.

So - feel free to remind me occasionally, but we will, eventually, see a successful conclusion to this project.
I completely understand and don't have a problem with this answer, except... dang it, John, can we come up with a better trigger word besides "busy"? I have enough people in my life who I worry about every time I hear that they're busy. Much less ridiculously busy. Until I figure out which Freudian incident of childhood misunderstanding caused my adult aversion to the concept of busyness, can we just call it something like "strategically preoccupied"?

Anyway... thanks for the explanation of the situation. May any strategic preoccupation in your life be taken care of smoothly and productively.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #560
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:

I'm glad he still wants to finish this project, but also understand completely how preoccupied (that was the word you used, right LD?) one can get. I also hope he still gets time to relax every now and then, because Lord knows we all need that to stay sane.

And I'm looking forward to that "someday" already

Thanks for your update, John.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #561
Scotsgal

Hey John,
Will I still be able to ask Mr Benedict questions or is it finished now?
If it is still possible where can I post it.As I'm new to this site it can be a bit confusing and I don't want to post it in the wrong place.
Thanks
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #562
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
Hey John,
Will I still be able to ask Mr Benedict questions or is it finished now?
If it is still possible where can I post it.As I'm new to this site it can be a bit confusing and I don't want to post it in the wrong place.
Thanks
Welcome to the site.

If you have your question ready, there might be another opportunity to ask him.....either here on the forum or at a convention....someday.

And...when you post to the wrong thread (or go off on a tangent), you will know you've assimilated to the group.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:18 AM   #563
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

This is a friendly reminder... what else am I supposed to be doing at 1 am.
Last year, I had snow-shoveling to keep me occupied. This year, i still have the snow, but not the responsibility of shoveling. I have plenty of tax work, but as you tell me i work too much, i was looking for a way to relax. Someday.... I would still like answers to my questions. I won't bother you anymore this morning. Good night

Old 03-11-2018, 07:49 PM   #564
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Dear John,

Why is the "responses to the first Q&A" thread closed? We haven't gotten all of the answers yet. Rumor has it that he looked at the Christmas and Birthday projects. Any "official" response yet?

Old 03-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #565
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Dear John,

Why is the "responses to the first Q&A" thread closed? We haven't gotten all of the answers yet. Rumor has it that he looked at the Christmas and Birthday projects. Any "official" response yet?
It's always been closed; that's the thread for the responses, not the discussion. That's this thread.

I have super-powers and can post in a closed thread.

Yes, and rumor also has it that he loves them.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #566
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
It's always been closed; that's the thread for the responses, not the discussion. That's this thread.

Such wonderful super powers

Awesome !!! We do aim to please
Old 03-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #567
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

I always knew you had super-powers.

I am patiently waiting for more responses to discuss. I've been pretty patient, haven't I? Only bugged you a couple of times this year.

Are you confirming the rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #568
louby1980
Banned

Could anyone answer me this please? Does Dirk eat Bacon?As in the big brother house he confused me by saying he would eat bacon at anytime..wheres the bacon?(werent a joke) when he were doing the servant quarters task..watched the video just the other day on youtube..But yet later on he said and i quote him "i could never date a woman who eats meat" Now which is it? Has anyone seen the video i am on about? He also said he hates the smell of meat being cooked.
louby1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #569
anneg1026

Last edited by anneg1026; 03-16-2018 at 09:27 PM..
anneg1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #570
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by louby1980 View Post
Could anyone answer me this please? Does Dirk eat Bacon?As in the big brother house he confused me by saying he would eat bacon at anytime..wheres the bacon?(werent a joke) when he were doing the servant quarters task..watched the video just the other day on youtube..But yet later on he said and i quote him "i could never date a woman who eats meat" Now which is it? Has anyone seen the video i am on about? He also said he hates the smell of meat being cooked.
I don't remember the comment about the bacon. I remember the comment about the meat cooking. I was watching the CBB episodes while at the gym. When i got home, the smell of deep frying was in the air. It made the air feel very heavy. (no, i didn't partake.) I can understand his comment because it does gross you out if you don't eat that way.

If we ever get another shot at questions, you should ask him.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:06 PM   #571
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
I always knew you had super-powers.

I am patiently waiting for more responses to discuss. I've been pretty patient, haven't I? Only bugged you a couple of times this year.

Are you confirming the rumors?
I feel like i should ask about the answers. It's been a while, right? I survived a blizzard. Could you use your super-powers to remind him that some of us are still waiting... and shoveling... and waiting ...and digging out our vehicles ...and waiting ...and skidding all over the road ...and waiting...

We went from 30 inches of snow in a weekend to 80 degree weather less than two weeks later. Do you think maybe we could get one more set of answers before the snow comes back? Think before you answer... I'm in Wisconsin.... snow could be here tomorrow. ]

Old 05-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #572
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
I feel like i should ask about the answers. It's been a while, right? I survived a blizzard. Could you use your super-powers to remind him that some of us are still waiting... and shoveling... and waiting ...and digging out our vehicles ...and waiting ...and skidding all over the road ...and waiting...

We went from 30 inches of snow in a weekend to 80 degree weather less than two weeks later. Do you think maybe we could get one more set of answers before the snow comes back? Think before you answer... I'm in Wisconsin.... snow could be here tomorrow. ]

As one of the some I'm glad you brought this up again
Old 05-13-2018, 12:35 PM   #573
Sassy Devil
💗💗💗 I 💘 Dirk 💗💗💗

Just checking in... Hope everyone's doing well.
Sassy Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #574
LittleMonkeyDog

That's nice of you Yup. I'm doing well !!!
Hope you are as well.