LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
TechnoCop

Default SSSSSS

Does this wonderful movie is available on DVD? :wink:
TechnoCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Ebay has it on DVD; I'm sure other places have it, also... :-)
Old 09-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
MontanaCowgirl

Awesome film.

Short analysis:
It contains many parallels to the bible indeed.
- The doctor mentions Adam and Eve and the role of the snake.
- Dirk eats apples.
- And there's this one scene at the lake which remembers of Adam and Eve, too.

I watched the film with my dog one early morning. I think she was pretty impressed by the animals, but after it she was behaving kinda strangely... almost like a snake :lol:

All in all... great movie, but the DVD is a little far too expensive at this time.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Great clip of Dirk from SSSSSS on youtube.com - search on Dirk's name and by 'DateAdded'.
Great body - corrrr!
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
Arciris

Thanks for information!
Deebeelicious, I'm going quicky for to see the video :P .
Yes, I imagine that the film is a little far too expensive at this time... but like is Dirk, it's worth the trouble!
Good afternoon.
Arciris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
Arciris

Ohhh! I have seen the video in this moment. A young young Dirk! He's handsome very much, how now, and this scene...
I think seing videos that he looks like much to Harrison Ford in those ages...Or it's my sensation?? :shock: Ford is my second favourite actor (first Dirk :wink: ) and every time that I see them, are more similars! Some days in the CBB house, depend of hair, too!
Very nice day and weekend!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciris
I think seing videos that he looks like much to Harrison Ford in those ages...Or it's my sensation?? :shock: Ford is my second favourite actor (first Dirk :wink: ) and every time that I see them, are more similars!
He was compared to Kevin Costner for a time and bracketed with Robert Redford as they shared the same agent for a while.

DB and Harrison Ford do share a similar kind of presence/charisma, probably down to their down to earth nature I'd imagine.
Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi eveyone!
I was up at the mall yesterday where I live.
I bought a copy of Sssssss for $9.99(Canadian) on DVD at Music World.
If you're not sure where to get it.
You can try the following.
Blockbuster
Amazon
Your local music store, for example, mine is Music World.
Ebay (I find they can be rather expensive
Used bookstores, they often carry used videos and DVDs, which can be in very good
condition.
I watching Sssss last night.
I can't believe how young Dirk looks in that movie!

Take care,
Anne
Old 04-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
Arciris

Hi!!
Yes, Sharma. I agree with you. Harrison Ford and Dirk have the same age, more or less, and one live in Montana and the other in Wyoming, so they are a cowboys . And I think too is for his presence and charisma. I imagine with Robert Redford the same. They are actors with very personality.
Ohh Anne! Good for your copy of Sssssss! I've seen a little peace of it in youtube, only..
I hope can buy it and some other. :P
Kisses.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #10
Genny

Default dvd

Arciris, lots of Dirk's films seem to be available from Canada and America, but do they work in Europe ? I think that our system is NTC and theirs is PAL or is it the other way around ? I must check on that.....
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #11
RGWT1

Myself and some of the others on DS managed to get Sssssss from a seller on the german amazon. The price wasn't to bad as the exchange rate from euros to sterling was in our favour. They also came quite quickly, though one of us is having a few problems with one seller atm. The dvd is in english and there is also a commentary by Dirk, Linda and the director. The only problem I have had is that the instructions on the dvd itself are in german but you can work it out.

If your dvd player isnt multi region it may be possible to find a code online that will turn it multi region. If it isnt possible, many dvd players these days are multi region anyway. My player was only 20 and it was.
RGWT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #12
Lily

Default Re: dvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genny
Arciris, lots of Dirk's films seem to be available from Canada and America, but do they work in Europe ? I think that our system is NTC and theirs is PAL or is it the other way around ? I must check on that.....
You can buy region free dvd players very reasonably,in the uk for 30-40 from locally authourised retailers so its not difficult.
I have ordered Ruckas(?) region 1 dvd. I had to buy Sapphire and Steel via amazon uk, through am american suppllier ( the english issue had been deleted) and I have no problems.

Love light and peace Lily xx
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #13
Arciris

Thanks Genny, RGWT1 and Lily!
I don't know about NTC or PAL systems..I thought that here was PAL but I wasn't sure..yes, I imagine that there is code online for watch its. I will found.
Good night for all!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #14
KamikazeCowgirl

Yes Europe & UK is on the PAL system (same as Australia). The US is on the NTSC system.

If you are buying videos - check your vcr instruction book to see if your vcr is already compatible to play other countries videos.

If you are buying dvds - most players are now multi region - and if they arent you can find a simple hack code online simply by typing your model number into google. It usually involves keying a set of numbers in via your remote and straight away your player becomes a multi region player.

I have maps and further info on regions on a fan site I run for another actor
https://www.tomburlinson.homestead.com/FAQ.html
Old 04-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #15
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I was talking to my son last night (the video expert :wink: ) and I asked him about this. He said you have to watch not only PAL/NTSC, but region as well. You can't play a region 1 PAL on a player for region 2 PAL, same with NTSC. It all sounds very confusing to me. The DVD's I've gotten that don't work I just send out to him to recopy in the right format :roll:
Old 04-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #16
Genny

Default Thanks

Great advice from everyone -thank you It would be awful to order a DVD and then find out that it's unusable. I feel more confident about ordering now and will also check my DVD's booklet.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #17
dbukfan

Default SSSSS

Hi Arciris

You can place as order for SSSSS @ PlayTrade, only GBP6.80 (inc. p&p)...about less than 7 days delivery......BUT only two things, it's regional 1 (USA) and U'll need to have a credit a/c with Playtrade...do U think it's worth a try?

email address : buying@PlayTrade.com

Tonite I really look forward to watch it on my Dell PC..hope it works............ssssssssssssss ..I'll let u know how it's getting on....sssssssss :lol:

Pls don't worry to order in on the net...it's quite fast, safe & efficiency...honestly :wink:

Adios

dbukfan...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #18
dbukfan

Default How about yr PC

Quote:
Great advice from everyone -thank you It would be awful to order a DVD and then find out that it's unusable. I feel more confident about ordering now and will also check my DVD's booklet.
Hi Genny/All

Just a quick thought of something, few mnths back, I did watch DVD's film on my Dell PC...perfectly OK!!.....so I think PC'd takenay DVD fr all regions worldwide....there U go....it'll prob.work with this one, SSSSSSSSSSS too...I'm a happy bunny now :lol:

dbukfan...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
Old 05-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #19
Genny

Default thanks

Whe -hey ! Sounds promising ! I'll have a try..Thanks !
Old 05-08-2007, 03:13 AM   #20
dbukfan

Default Re: thanks

Quote:
Whe -hey ! Sounds promising ! I'll have a try..Thanks !

Hi Genny

How r U?...Hope U're well.

SSSSSSS's just arrived today.........so finger cross for trying on PC tonite..& let u know..if it dose work I'll prob. order few more movies fr PlayTrade again...(can't do a test in board meeting room @ my office at the moment!!...I may get FIRED :lol: :lol: ).

Have a nice day....ssssssss :lol: :lol:

dbukfan...x

Old 05-08-2007, 04:15 AM   #21
Arciris

Default Re: thanks

Arghhh Db, what luck about SSSSSSS!!!
I don't have films and here it's impossible to buy it... buahhh
Well, when you have seen the film, you will explain the details, please? yess? haha, thanks!
I will hope that someday I can buy it, but not in internet, I like buy in the shop, and to look and to touch before buy it. :P
Kisses!!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:25 AM   #22
dbukfan

Default Sssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciris
Arghhh Db, what luck about SSSSSSS!!!
I don't have films and here it's impossible to buy it... buahhh
Well, when you have seen the film, you will explain the details, please? yess? haha, thanks!
I will hope that someday I can buy it, but not in internet, I like buy in the shop, and to look and to touch before buy it. :P
Kisses!!
Hola Ariciris

Yes!!...Sssssss...been watching it last nite...quite GRIPPING...a bit scary at time...poor..poor DB aka David Blake!!..v v young & so naive to fall into that Physcho DR :evil:'s trap!!

I think it's good film to watch......U need to order fr PlayTrade...v safe to buy on the net...read more of that on my previous post, buddy....Ssssssss :wink: :wink:

GENNY,

Sorry it didn't work on Dell home pc...BUT...YIPPEEE...it did work on DVD fr Asda..which's so cheap & cheerful...approx. GBP 20-30....bargain with joy :lol: :lol: ...so looks like it's a multi-region one......meaning...I now can order lots more DB's films fr US PlayTrade....YES!!!

Speak to U again soon.

take care

dbukfan...x

Old 05-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #23
Genny

Default wow

WOW ! Thanks, for all the info ! You have a copy of ' Sssss'! The info about the Azda DVD player as well - great ! I've ordered ..through Amazon, a copy of ' Mark Of The Devil', which hopefully, will land on my mat, soon. Arcriris...what's that about you preferring to handle the Dirk DVD's before buying ? I read your post too quickly and misunderstood what you meant ! :lol: :lol: I thought that you were talking about Dirk -and I almost fell of my chair !
Old 05-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #24
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!
I have a DVD player that plays international DVD's.
Am going to be watching Sssssss this weekend. My brother keeps on borrowing my Dirk Benedict movies! :lol: hmmmmm....another potential Dirkaholic? :lol:
Dirk is so young looking in that movie. I get angry every time that I watch it! :x
I don't like poor Dirk being turned into a snake! :evil:

Take care,
Anne
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #25
seedview

Default Movie

Hi Everyone

Just for those who are in the U.S. and haven't gotten a copy of the movie, I notice that on my cable company, Sssss will be on Thursday morning at 4:30 am or 7:30 am, both on Encore. Hopefully this time the movies will be shown all the way through. The times earlier in the month, the movies were cut at some point and never restarted. Hopefully, this time the movie will be shown all the way through.

I guess I'd better get off as I'm tired. Puns are coming to me in lightning speed, concerning scales-from snakes and piano playing. If Dirk were to hear some of the puns, he would probably say that I was Hissssssssssss-tory. Good Night , one and all.
seedview is offline   Reply With Quote