LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #101
AngieCorvette

Default Re: Major Dirk News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...3436716&ref=pf

Me with Dirk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AngieCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #102
Sharon

It's a truly great picture...you are very lucky! Congratulations to you for such a memorable day!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #103
AngieCorvette

Thank you Sharon
Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #104
Christy

Awesome photo Angie !! ...the background's beautiful too ! Glad you had a wonderful day !! I hate to admit..but I have yet to watch Ruckus. Is it a good one ?!...there are a few others that I still have to see...I know, I know...slacker...lol...I will get to them..some day...I hope...

..Flash...yep, I did but still having some trouble with posting ( think it's mostly computer issues...*sigh* ). I couldn't post both...THANKS for doing so, appreciate it much !!!
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #105
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Thanks! to all for all those wonderful photos and links. Just made my day extra special!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #106
Christy

Oh those dreamy eyes of his!!!...*SIGH*-*SWOON*-*THUD*!!!...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/3614607...18176/sizes/l/
Old 07-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #107
drnkdiva29
Book Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
Oh those dreamy eyes of his!!!...*SIGH*-*SWOON*-*THUD*!!!...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/3614607...18176/sizes/l/
great photo but your caption is priceless
drnkdiva29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #108
Christy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnkdiva29 View Post
great photo but your caption is priceless

Old 07-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #109
Christy

...another find...

https://news.bbc.co.uk/local/cornwall...00/8748228.stm

ENJOY !
Old 07-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #110
carob

My my Christy haven't you been busy, thanks for that! I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoX06iQs3g
carob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #111
drnkdiva29
Book Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by carob View Post
My my Christy haven't you been busy, thanks for that! I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoX06iQs3g

Thank you all for your research. I too busy watching reruns of the series with my 12 year old who actually thinks he is Face to look for this stuff myself.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #112
pinar
Out of this world

cameos: https://www.facebook.com/video/video....2609301&ref=mf
pinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #113
Tracy

I find this "cameo" insulting. Not even a cameo, considering both Dirk and Dwight's clip is less than 40 seconds long, AND pushed back to after the END credits! Who stays for the credits in a movie theater? They're all too busy pushing out the doors to get to the parking lot to avoid the gridlock.

What a waste...
Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #114
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I find this "cameo" insulting. Not even a cameo, considering both Dirk and Dwight's clip is less than 40 seconds long, AND pushed back to after the END credits! Who stays for the credits in a movie theater? They're all too busy pushing out the doors to get to the parking lot to avoid the gridlock.

What a waste...
Agreed. Although I've heard good things about the movie and intend to see it at some point, this cameo thing is almost like "Oh, hey, let's throw the fans of the original series a bone, just for publicity." They certainly made a big deal of it before the release - and a lot of people were upset to find out they'd missed it, either because they hadn't stayed long enough or because the theaters actually stopped the film early.

Definitely a waste - and a bit of a fraud...
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #115
drnkdiva29
Book Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella View Post
Agreed. Although I've heard good things about the movie and intend to see it at some point, this cameo thing is almost like "Oh, hey, let's throw the fans of the original series a bone, just for publicity." They certainly made a big deal of it before the release - and a lot of people were upset to find out they'd missed it, either because they hadn't stayed long enough or because the theaters actually stopped the film early.

Definitely a waste - and a bit of a fraud...

I still can't believe that they actually made this movie and I can't believe that good actors actually signed on to do this (Dirk, Dwight, Liam Neeson)film with the director of 'Smokin Aces'

Saw the actors on WWE Raw (can you tell I have a 12 year old boy) and somehow their appearance didn't motivate me to the theater. The 'actor' (actually a washed up UFC fighter) who plays BA...can we say LAME? My boy (who is a fan of the series) saw Bradley Cooper and commented "OMG Face has a receding hairline." LOL

Suffice to say I haven't seen this movie nor do I plan to.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #116
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!

Totally agreed. I don't doubt that it might be a good modern action flick, but in my eyes it is not and never will be an A-Team film. There is more to the Team than just plastering the names over new faces... Contrary to you, Ost, I am not planning on watching it, because I know it would only upset me to hear their names without being actually able to see the 'right' faces.

As to their cameos, it is such an insult to Dirk and Dwight to put their scenes after the credits, I can't even tell how angry that made me It feels as if on top of everything else they changed, the new producers are laughing about the old team, its fans and everything the team stood for. But is that really so surprising? I guess, I'm not the only fan of the old show who saw this coming Now wait until the fans of the film, who never heard of the original team, start laughing about us too.

And sorry for ranting, but I'm still totally against this film, as much as I was against a re-imagined BSG...

enjoy my photos: https://home.arcor.de/mossycat1/photographic_stroll.html

Last edited by Flash; 07-16-2010 at 11:36 AM..
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #117
AngieCorvette

https://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...rials_for_city
Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #118
Flash
Master of Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieCorvette View Post
Wow, nice find, Angie. I wonder if the problems with Roland's work permit are solved now. That was the reason why it didn't work out with Gillingham last year, wasn't it?? I really hope he has more luck this time. Go, Roland!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #119
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Totally agreed. I don't doubt that it might be a good modern action flick, but in my eyes it is not and never will be an A-Team film. There is more to the Team than just plastering the names over new faces... Contrary to you, Ost, I am not planning on watching it, because I know it would only upset me to hear their names without being actually able to see the 'right' faces.

As to their cameos, it is such an insult to Dirk and Dwight to put their scenes after the credits, I can't even tell how angry that made me It feels as if on top of everything else they changed, the new producers are laughing about the old team, its fans and everything the team stood for. But is that really so surprising? I guess, I'm not the only fan of the old show who saw this coming Now wait until the fans of the film, who never heard of the original team, start laughing about us too.

And sorry for ranting, but I'm still totally against this film, as much as I was against a re-imagined BSG...
Well, I wasn't fond of the movie until I read some of the interviews from the people involved. It appears that most (other than Liam Neesom) were fans of the original and wanted to be respectful of it while still updating it. And from clips I've seen, and comments from fans who have seen it (including many who went 'hunting for bear'), they did a good job in that respect. I do not understand their reasoning with the cameos, and do not like that whole faux pas, as stated above - but I'm not ready to condemn the movie as a whole before I've had a chance to see it. As to new fans - again, from comments it seems that many are now watching the series and enjoying that as well - so I don't see the backbiting and nastiness as happened with BSG. (But then BSG's experience was a total warping of the original, so that's a whole 'nother ballgame.)
Old 07-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #120
Flash
Master of Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella View Post
...but I'm not ready to condemn the movie as a whole before I've had a chance to see it.
Oh, I'm not condemning the new movie, far from. As I said, I'm sure it is a good action movie, going by what is hip and requested by the audience these days. It is just my personal thing that I am not interested in another team and want 'my' guys only. Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion and I won't harass anyone who likes the new film.
I've read positive and negative reviews, so the audience is obviously not in one mind about it. And I've read somewhere that it is not the financial success the producers had hoped for. But I guess that depends on which article you read...

Quote:
As to new fans - again, from comments it seems that many are now watching the series and enjoying that as well - so I don't see the backbiting and nastiness as happened with BSG. (But then BSG's experience was a total warping of the original, so that's a whole 'nother ballgame.)
I really, really hope you're right there. As far as I am concerned, to live and let live is the motto and I don't understand people, who are badmouthing the original shows. There is room for both, everyone should watch what he or she likes. My problem is that I read some really nasty comments about original BSG (and Dirk) and felt upset, attacked and minor, only because I happen to like the original show. And that's something I absolutely don't like.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #121
pinar
Out of this world

I can't believe that I'm saying this but I just saw and somehow I liked the movie. Bradley Cooper and Quinton Jackson are fit in their roles. Liam Neeson is not bad but I didn't like Sharlto Copley as Murdock.
Movie is not perfect but it's enjoyable. (more than I thought)
Cameo... shameful !
pinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #122
Christy

Thanks for the link Angie !!
I 2nd Flash..."Go Roland" !...
Old 07-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #123
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Saw the movie and had fun watching it. But...you can't beat the original!
Thanks for the awesome photos.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #124
Candi

Wasn't sure if I should post this or where. But really wanted to share: I watch The A-Team all the time in reruns and on dvd. My son is 3 and often watches with me or is at least in the room while it is on. He has taken to saying "Mommy sing the A-team." Which is me humming the theme song. I've been humming it for nearly a half hour this morning at his request. :-) Perhaps needless to say but I'm excited that at this young age he loves it nearly as much as I do :-)
Candi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #125
drnkdiva29
Book Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candi View Post
Wasn't sure if I should post this or where. But really wanted to share: I watch The A-Team all the time in reruns and on dvd. My son is 3 and often watches with me or is at least in the room while it is on. He has taken to saying "Mommy sing the A-team." Which is me humming the theme song. I've been humming it for nearly a half hour this morning at his request. :-) Perhaps needless to say but I'm excited that at this young age he loves it nearly as much as I do :-)
Candi, it appears as if you are a resident on my planet! In fact, my son discovered the A-team and made me watch it with him when he was not too much older than your son; he turned 13 today so it was about 10 years ago.(Of course, he also found MacGyver too--another series that was completely off my radar.) There IS something very funny and campy about the series that makes it enjoyable to watch in 2010.

Happy viewing.