LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Cruises and Conventions

Cruises and Conventions Here we can discuss Dirk and his appearances on little boats and large show rooms!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #26
Zilfstar

Default Re: 2012 Scheduled Appearances

Still thinking about a way to get to Toulouse.....

Our family "themes":

1: It's a party every day (you never know when it might end)
2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
3: All is Yin and Yang, but don't forget to chew. (DB signing first book)
4: Sharing the Sorrow, Spreading the Joy (DB signing second book )
Zilfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #27
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!

@Miss Templeton Peck: omg, I guess I would be totally lost on a French website. LOL. I so hope for you that it is the expected ticket!
I had to smile about the comments from your family...it all sounds so familiar, I've heard it so often myself. people just don't understand. It's good that you're here, this is definitely a place where you are among minds that think alike

@Starbuck_forever: hey, Lower Saxony, huh? Same here...pity that you're not living closer to Hannover, it would be nice to meet another Dirk fan in person around here. I'm feeling pretty lonely...

@Zilfstar: wow, you're the no. 1 candidate to win the price for the person who has met him most often...and really met and talked! I've seen him at conventions twice, but I'm too shy and tongue-tied to start a conversation, even though I'd love to ask him this or that about macrobiotics. But that's just me and I would lie, if I said I didn't enjoy it anyway

enjoy my photos: https://home.arcor.de/mossycat1/photographic_stroll.html

Last edited by Flash; 01-26-2012 at 12:48 PM..
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #28
Starbuck_forever

@Flash

I am not living that far away from Hanover. I live in Goettingen. It's about an hour or maybe a bit more to Hanover. And by train it's even less.
Starbuck_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #29
Miss Templeton Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck_forever View Post
@Miss Templeton Peck

More like in the middle of Germany. I live in Lower Saxony, close to the border to Hesse.
Thats far away from the place where I live. I live in the Northern Part of Germany close to the danish border
Miss Templeton Peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #30
Miss Templeton Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck_forever View Post
@Miss Templeton Peck

More like in the middle of Germany. I live in Lower Saxony, close to the border to Hesse.
Thats far away from the place where I live. I live in the Northern Part of Germany close to the danish border

@Flash: yes I was almost going mad. Its terrible when you only understand one word each sentence or even less! And yes its hard to convince my family. But I feel nothing is more correct than travelling all the thousands of miles. And Im so happy to be here and have you around!

Zilfstar, you have to manage it!!! Look, you could meet me. That's worth it

Snowy greetings to everybody (yes, it has started to snow over here last night)
Old 01-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
Zilfstar

Flash: Not be ashamed for being shy!.... I think even Dirk himself is a bit shy as well at times.... My daughter was very shy when we met him last october and after Dirk and me tried a bit to get her out of it, Dirk said: it is okay, there is nothing wrong with being shy. So the second time around (when we went for the poster) she was totally open to him and he could finally talk to her. He gives you the space and the time.

And about having met him so often, ah well.... What can I say. I am crazy. It actually had to be 7 times since I went to Plzen (Chech Rep) where he would attent, but he couldn't make it. (His son was ill) But 6 is nice as well. Although I hope it will get to 7..... or 8.... or 10???

Snow in Deutschland hey! I know it will get freezing cold here next week. But no snow so far...

Our family "themes":

2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #32
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

OK, folks, I need to tell you that the schedule as penciled out isn't working after all.

It turns out that Dirk will NOT be appearing in Toulouse. He was kind of hoping to (which is why I put it out there), but it isn't going to happen. Darn it.

I'll have more details on Dirk's schedule soon.

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #33
Emily

Fraaaaaack !!!!

Well .... we'll be just looking forward your news Great Gurú !!
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #34
Flash
Master of Disaster

aww, that's a shame! Ok, maybe somewhere else in Europe again one day. Can't help hoping for the Netherlands (don't dare to hope for Germany). The Dutch Star Con in Berkel-Enschot was fab, can't they get another one like that going?? Looks like the organizers gave the con up entirely now, the website is no longer online. Sigh.

@Miss Templeton Peck & Starbuck_forever: Ha, and I'm right between you two. Hmmm. Don't think it'll do us any good though. We'll have to resort to DBC to share our appreciation for Dirk

@Zilfstar: Yes, I know he's nice with his fans and talks with them a lot. It's not his fault that I have issues with my self-confidence. I mostly get by unnoticed and so I did at his table...it's my problem and I know I won't get rid of it in this life But I still enjoyed it to see him live and get my pics and books signed
Oh, and yes, winter has finally arrived here. Unfortunately. It's too late now, should've been here in December. Now we're ready for spring...

Last edited by Flash; 01-27-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #35
Emily

Let me tell you @Zilfstar is absolutely right about Dirk’s kindness to shy people. When I met him in Belgium I noticed a very sweet young girl who was standing away and looking at him with her picture in hand but she is so shy she couldn’t get close to him and ask for an autograph herself … She was almost with tears in her eyes so I asked would you like me to get your picture signed? and she said yes!! Yes!! Would you do that for me? So I came back to the line with her photo and explained Dirk the situation and He said: She is very shy? Humm … But aren’t we all? And he started calling her and insisted and insisted until she finally came close and got his autograph herself ! Her name is Tanja … I’ll never forget that sweet, beautiful, shy girl …

Wanda dear, what about giving me a private message with an email to FACTS? So I can write to them too? Maybe if many of us write to them they have to invite Him !!!!!

Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #36
Flash
Master of Disaster

@Emily: you experience at FACTS sounds really amazing, Em. Everything you've told us so far is...well, kind of a dream come true. And helping this girl was so lovely of you. Now I wish I had been there and asked you... I'm amazed anyway that you did the whole trip on your own, I would have never dared to. I dragged hubby along and that changed the whole picture, I guess. Anyway, no worries - I'm sure, if he ever gets close to my place (which means Germany or Nethrlands) again, I'll be there. Or England, if he happens to be there while we're there on holiday (which is every year, only he was never there when we were)

soo, definitely looking forward to new announcements for 2012

Old 01-30-2012, 03:37 AM   #37
Zilfstar

Dawg: Wow, they will be very disappointed in Toulouse. They had him all over the website! BIG fan-magnet also in France!

Well Flash, next time we just make sure I am there and mayby even Emily and we will get you between us and drag you to Dirk ourselves! We will get you over you shyness in this lifetime

Em: That was indeed evry nice of you. And of Dirk. He tried it with my little girl as well but she doe not speak English (he asked) so he tried it with a little game (I can still see you!!!) but he did not push too far. That is the beauty with guys that are fathers as well. He just knew not to push to far. (He wanted her to sign her drawing for him...) But I told him when she has something on her mind.... you can't get it out of her. And she did NOT want to sign the drawing.

Hmmm tried to get a photo visible here, but I seem to forget how it's done everytime.... can someone tell me???

Our family "themes":

Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
Miss Templeton Peck

Arrrrggggghhhh

I already bought a ticket for Tolousse. Cause I thought they could be sold out very, very soon. I spent 70 Euros for a VIP ticket and now I can forget about it... I feel like...Well, I don´t really know how to feel right now.

Ok, otherwise I would have spent the money buying clothes I don´t really need. My wardrobe is grateful for that because it is already overfilled. But it hurts somehow cause I actually do not have that much money that I can just throw around with it.

Anyway Dirk will have his reasons why he has cancelled it. No need to blame him for that. We always have to live with that risk.

Now I hope for Rhode Island. Let´s hope he won´t cancel that, too. It would hurt a lot!!! But I will wait until I´ll book the flight. Definetely!!!

My mum said, going to Tolousse only one day after my examinations would be a bad idea. She knows me. She knows I would only be thinking of that trip and I would be unable to concentrate on my exams. So now I can atleast go clear-headed to the exams
Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #39
Flash
Master of Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilfstar View Post
Well Flash, next time we just make sure I am there and mayby even Emily and we will get you between us and drag you to Dirk ourselves! We will get you over you shyness in this lifetime
rofl! Well, at least he would have a good laugh at my expense...

Quote:
Hmmm tried to get a photo visible here, but I seem to forget how it's done everytime.... can someone tell me???
As far as I know...upload the pic to a picture hosting website and copy the url of the photo (my photobucket already offers the correct link for each pic). To post it here, click the little pic with the mountain above the writing space, insert the url in the little box, and voilá: the photo is there. Or click the globe and insert the url to create a link to your pic.
I don't think you can upload a pic directly from your computer. Oh, maybe you can upload it to your DBC album and post it from there, never tried that...

Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #40
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

I'm sorry, Miss T - I know Dirk was hoping to be in Toulouse! But you're right, conditions change and we have to roll with them.

Good luck on your exams!

And you have my promise that I will notify you of any additions or subtractions to Dirk's schedule just as soon as I find out about them.

There are things in the works (there always are). As soon as Dirk lets me know of anything firm, I'll pass it on. I promise!

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #41
Zilfstar

Thanks Flash, that was it (using the mountain)! I am used to a different forum (about horses) so I always have to think hard on this one how to get a picture up and running here.

Well I wanted to post this picture. On the left you see Dirk as King Rat in the panto we went to. On the right you see the drawing my daughter made (with just a very little help from me, and I mean that seriously) so you can imagine how Dirk reacted. He loved it....

And now back on topic here. Dawg: Can't wait to hear if Dirk will be in Europe somewhere this year

Our family "themes":

Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #42
Flash
Master of Disaster

Wow, Zilfstar, the drawing is absolutely amazing! Your daughter is very talented. I can imagine that he loved it!

Aw Dawg, you know we all rely on you and hope you will keep us up to date re. Dirk's appearances at cons

Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #43
Miss Templeton Peck

Zilfstar, what an amazing drawing! Your daughter made it? How old is she? You said something like 9 years old? Amazing! I love it. What did Dirk say? I bet he did not know what to say! He must have been mostly impressed!

Dawg, thank you. I´ll do my very best at my exams and it´s really good to hear that we can hope for further events!
And we still have Rhode Island

Hugs
Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #44
Zilfstar

My daughter at the time was 6, now 7. She has a drawing-teacher. He is a writer of books for children and an illustrator. And yes she is very talented.

Dirk was amazed... He could not believe she had made it. Of course I helped a bit here and there but the major art work is hers. She however forgot to sign it and so Dirk wanted her to sign it but she refushed. Haha... DIRK asked her something and she just said NO. Can you amagine Dirk asking you something to do? What would you do??? Right! Of course not my daughter.... Haha (who now is a huge fan of Dirk and wants to watch The A-team-re-runs on Dutch TV every day)

Well she was very shy so he tried with a joke and with a bit pressure but when he saw she really was shy and did not come out if it, he accepted it to leave it like that. I know for a fact he showed the drawing to other fans like Emily here. So he really loved it I guess.

Our family "themes":

Old 02-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #45
Christy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU2h6_LLA_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEhSb...eature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TOF...eature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mocac...eature=related

Oh, and found this radio interview......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oh0h6pUVls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPMRR...eature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cccYby1njXc

...Enjoy!!!

P.S. Sorry if these have already been posted.
P.S.S. But a 2nd looksee or listen to...well, maybe 3rd or 4th...or...well, anyway...never hurt anybody...
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #46
Christy

Zilfstar, thanks so much for sharing...awesome pic! Your daughter's got alot of talent (even with a wee bit of help from her mom)!

The first set of "youtubes" in my last post I believe are from the France/Italy Con...

Sadly, I doubt that making it to the RI Con is going to happen...but will keep trying...

Best Wishes to ALL (and to ALL the Con goers)!!!
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #47
Phantom

Thanks, Christy! Hadn't seen the Italy stuff. I, too, am hoping for R.I. Fingers crossed.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #48
Miss Templeton Peck

Also a big thank you from my side, christy! Its a pleasure to watch the italian videos. christy, have ypu been to that event?
Hugs
Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #49
Emily

It's true!! Dirk was VERY excited about the drawning ... He said: You're the one who should sign it for me!! You are the artist!! and turning to me He said: Can you believe it? It was from my last stage performance last year ... I know! You were singing Michael Jackson's BAD" He said: I certanly was !! I'm telling He is super sweet specially with kids ... Oh! I think I love him!!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #50
Emily

By the way ... Dirk said He was re-scheduled for Motor City Comic Com along with Dwight Schultz this May ... Have you had any confirmation Great Guru?

Lv,

Em