LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Battlestar Galactica > Battlestar Galactica Classic

Battlestar Galactica Classic For discussions about the classic Battlestar series which starred Dirk as the one and only "Starbuck". NO Ron Moore show posts here please.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:13 AM   #26
ojai22

Default Re: Starbuck's Ultimate Fate

And Greetings to you, Scott. Yes, I would like to hear any story you have to tell. I know you must have many entertaining tales that you could relate.

I've been posting some old articles I've found about BSG. They're spread all over the site. Still have a few more in my DB folder.

I haven't seen the script that you mentioned. At least I don't remember it. You see, I was here some years ago and left, then became Macrobiotic and came back recently but by then everyone else had gone! Slowly we're getting more people and that is really nice. So glad you're here. Do stick around.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #27
TheDiazBrothers

One thing I've noticed is that no one has really discussed how the rest of Season One would have unfolded. The scripts are all out there available on different sites, but no one has addressed the order they were to be shown in. So, I rummaged through my files and came up with this:

After Episode 10, "The Return of Starbuck," the remaining three episodes planned were:

Episode 11, "The Day They Kidnapped Cleopatra" (Prod. #55102)
(read the script here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...EhOZTdCUTlEVUk
It should be noted that one and a half days of shooting had been completed on this episode when ABC cancelled the show. It also would have marked the return of Richard Lynch as "Xavier." He would have remained in the role for the rest of the season.

Episode 12, "A Flight for Life" (Prod. #55113)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...EotWVY3eHE5ZjA

Episode 13, "The Wheel of Fire" (Prod. #55120)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...mhReEhYR0x4RW8

There are also TWO typos that I keep seeing constantly on various sites. Our script, "The Wheel of Fire," has the erroneous writing credit of LOUIS R. Kelley, when in fact, my writing partner was female and named LOUISE. If someone had left our original title page intact and not fabricated covers for these scripts that were never originally used, this mistake would never have happened. Several sites have corrected this, but there are still a few out there perpetuating this typo.

The other mistake I see a lot is the production number. Our script carried the number 55120 on it, not 55114, as is seen on the fabricated cover at the provided link. Again, several sites have made this correction, but a few still hold out that we were #55114.

While hunting through my files, I came across the incomplete Second Draft of "The Wheel of Fire," along with the notes that had been provided by Chris Bunch and Jeff Freilich. Is anyone interested in seeing these?

I hope this information will be useful to the diehard fans of the show.
TheDiazBrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #28
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiazBrothers View Post
One thing I've noticed is that no one has really discussed how the rest of Season One would have unfolded. The scripts are all out there available on different sites, but no one has addressed the order they were to be shown in. So, I rummaged through my files and came up with this:

After Episode 10, "The Return of Starbuck," the remaining three episodes planned were:

(read the script here:
It should be noted that one and a half days of shooting had been completed on this episode when ABC cancelled the show. It also would have marked the return of Richard Lynch as "Xavier." He would have remained in the role for the rest of the season.

There are also TWO typos that I keep seeing constantly on various sites. Our script, "The Wheel of Fire," has the erroneous writing credit of LOUIS R. Kelley, when in fact, my writing partner was female and named LOUISE. If someone had left our original title page intact and not fabricated covers for these scripts that were never originally used, this mistake would never have happened. Several sites have corrected this, but there are still a few out there perpetuating this typo.

The other mistake I see a lot is the production number. Our script carried the number 55120 on it, not 55114, as is seen on the fabricated cover at the provided link. Again, several sites have made this correction, but a few still hold out that we were #55114.

While hunting through my files, I came across the incomplete Second Draft of "The Wheel of Fire," along with the notes that had been provided by Chris Bunch and Jeff Freilich. Is anyone interested in seeing these?

Yes, please

THANKS!!!
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #29
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZaza View Post
Nice ending. I suppose you'd have to think past the theory that a Raider needs two pilots though. Then again, if he can build a hybrid fighter, then maybe he can jury rig his way around that little technicality.

Thanks for the link!

Lisa
Was wondering if he could have rebuilt Cy or another Cylon, because I, too, thought he would escape using the other Raider. If he couldn't have a copilot, then I think he would have jury-rigged the console to be able to pilot the craft by himself.

They never say how much fuel was left, but surely he could have found another planet with supplies and maybe human life before travelling on to the fleet.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #30
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Was wondering if he could have rebuilt Cy or another Cylon, because I, too, thought he would escape using the other Raider. If he couldn't have a copilot, then I think he would have jury-rigged the console to be able to pilot the craft by himself.
I just like to think the Raider flew with a persistent tendency to veer left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
They never say how much fuel was left, but surely he could have found another planet with supplies and maybe human life before travelling on to the fleet.
Definitely. Or there could have been more supernatural intervention. Somebody commented on how the escape pod with the baby shouldn't have made it to the Galactica, but if the beings of light were involved they could have transported it closer to the fleet.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:34 AM   #31
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Quote:

(read the script here:

Yes!
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:38 AM   #32
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:

(read the script here:

Yes, absolutely
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #33
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

I really like to think that Starbuck made it off planet on his own. Maybe not to the fleet in the raider, but some other way. Divine intervention sounds good to me.

Leaving him there is just so sad. When I first saw that ep I cried. Someone like Starbuck would go mad.
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #34
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance View Post
I really like to think that Starbuck made it off planet on his own. Maybe not to the fleet in the raider, but some other way. Divine intervention sounds good to me.

Leaving him there is just so sad. When I first saw that ep I cried. Someone like Starbuck would go mad.
I like to believe that too. He was a very good warrior and he never ever gave up. So I like to think he found some sort of way to make it off of that planet. I like the divine intervention too

Yes, I remember crying too when I first saw the episode
Old 01-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #35
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
I like to believe that too. He was a very good warrior and he never ever gave up. So I like to think he found some sort of way to make it off of that planet. I like the divine intervention too

Yes, I remember crying too when I first saw the episode
I am not usually a crier when it comes to movies/TV, but I saw that episode during a rough week and the ending really got to me. I needed closure, so that's how I started writing fanfic.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 01-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #36
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
I am not usually a crier when it comes to movies/TV, but I saw that episode during a rough week and the ending really got to me. I needed closure, so that's how I started writing fanfic.
Oh I am. The waterworks come easily with me especially with movies/TV shows/songs/... Can't help it. It just happens to me ...
And I love your work as a fanfiction writer
Old 01-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #37
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Oh I am. The waterworks come easily with me especially with movies/TV shows/songs/... Can't help it. It just happens to me ...
And I love your work as a fanfiction writer
I should clarify that I'm not a crier unless I'm physically/emotionally exhausted, and then it's pathetic. A couple months ago I went to a two hour play and silent-cried almost the entire time because of life haha. But nobody in my group knew because I'm just that good. Also the auditorium was dark, so that helped.

Thank you, that's so sweet. I enjoy reading your work too
- Brian Greene
Old 01-03-2017, 05:12 AM   #38
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
I should clarify that I'm not a crier unless I'm physically/emotionally exhausted, and then it's pathetic. A couple months ago I went to a two hour play and silent-cried almost the entire time because of life haha. But nobody in my group knew because I'm just that good. Also the auditorium was dark, so that helped.

Thank you, that's so sweet. I enjoy reading your work too
I tend to hide it too sometimes, but I'm not always that good at it. I'm too empathic, I guess.

Aw that's so sweet of you too
Old 01-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #39
Flygirl
Erin

I'm late to the party on this discussion, but will add my two cents anyway - I cried when I watched the scene with Adama and Boomer, when they realized they had to leave Starbuck behind... It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I just remember Adama tearing up and Boomer sort of incredulous as to why they couldn't turn back. The raw emotions got to me. Lorne Greene was terrific...
Old 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #40
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
While hunting through my files, I came across the incomplete Second Draft of "The Wheel of Fire," along with the notes that had been provided by Chris Bunch and Jeff Freilich. Is anyone interested in seeing these?.
Scott - I would love to read the follow up scripts! Thanks so much for sharing your work - and please do share the second draft of "The Wheel of Fire" with us, if it isn't too much trouble. There are a lot of diehard fans on here.

Last edited by Flygirl; 01-05-2017 at 04:44 PM..
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #41
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

If you would like the opportunity to cry again over this episode, here's a link to a song which seems to encapsulate the emotions many of us felt at the end of The Return of Starbuck. I have cried while listening to and while singing this song, which is rare for me, so I thought maybe you all would enjoy hearing it too (if enjoy is the right word?). And it inspired me while writing, so that's another possible plus. But it is a really sad song, even if you're not thinking about RoS, so be warned.

https://youtu.be/-AmJyJ6NXIo
- Brian Greene
Old 01-08-2017, 07:15 AM   #42
LittleMonkeyDog

OMG cry ... I'll listen to it later, 'cause I'm at my mom's now and she doesn't understand my addiction Should start reading your work too when I have a moment to spare ...
Old 01-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #43
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
OMG cry ... I'll listen to it later, 'cause I'm at my mom's now and she doesn't understand my addiction Should start reading your work too when I have a moment to spare ...
I read Kristina's RoS II story last night and it was AWESOME. (Helped me get my mind off other stuff, so Kristina, I owe you...) Of course now I am going to hound her until she finishes it.

John, if you are reading this, I know it's been a long time, but you have an audience here and you really kind of left us hanging... <nag, nag, etc.>

There's not a lot of original BSG fanfiction out there. I'm really starting to enjoy fanfiction more now. But yes, I'd HIGHLY recommend RoS II.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #44
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
I read Kristina's RoS II story last night and it was AWESOME. (Helped me get my mind off other stuff, so Kristina, I owe you...) Of course now I am going to hound her until she finishes it.

John, if you are reading this, I know it's been a long time, but you have an audience here and you really kind of left us hanging... <nag, nag, etc.>

There's not a lot of original BSG fanfiction out there. I'm really starting to enjoy fanfiction more now. But yes, I'd HIGHLY recommend RoS II.
Aww, thanks! Glad to be of service. I owe *you* for helping me figure out how to start Ch 5, which I'm working on now, by the way
- Brian Greene
Old 05-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #45
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Ran across this random Batman/Robin meme on Pinterest and immediately thought of RoS. The line could've almost worked in the episode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3bce402b21a382eb82e496ff75fa1397.jpg (45.9 KB, 4 views)
- Brian Greene
Old 05-30-2017, 11:35 PM   #46
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Ran across this random Batman/Robin meme on Pinterest and immediately thought of RoS. The line could've almost worked in the episode.
Yes, so true.