LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Battlestar Galactica > Battlestar Galactica Classic

Battlestar Galactica Classic For discussions about the classic Battlestar series which starred Dirk as the one and only "Starbuck". NO Ron Moore show posts here please.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default BSG Wiki Destroyed in Cylon Attack?

Does anyone know what happened to the BSG wiki at en.battlestarwiki.org? The site doesn't seem to exist anymore. I even tried following an old URL that I'd copied four years ago from one of the pages, and I got the usual "Sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist or is not available."

I know the site was falling into disuse when I first stumbled upon it, and I'm guessing whoever owns it just decided it wasn't worth the upkeep and released it into the great void of cyberspace. However, if it's possible, I'd like to know why and how this happened, and if there are any other good BSG resources online. That wiki was my constant reference back when I was in the serious fanfic-writing days, and that volume of knowledge about BSG is not easy to find.

In conclusion, in case whoever forcibly removed the Battlestar Wiki from public access ever reads this, I want you to know...

"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: BSG Wiki Destroyed in Cylon Attack?

This of course has no impact on your progress in finishing a certain FF story??
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Oh I hope not ...
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
This of course has no impact on your progress in finishing a certain FF story??
Fear not, it won't. Four years ago, I actually copied some of the online articles to Word docs for quick reference since the site was a little hard to navigate, so I think I have most of the important stuff. Plus, there are enough details that were never included in the series that I can make up some non-canon-but-true-to-canon stuff for. Which I have been doing. Frequently. Just want to keep the sectons and metrons and hectares straight if possible, you know?

Did I ever tell you about the time, way back when, when I was so used to autocorrecting "week" to "secton" in my head when writing, that I would catch myself almost talking about sectons in real life? Sheesh. I obviously needed a life. Of course, now I have one, so I'm sure I'll soon be talking about "minimum viable products" like a pro.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 06-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

That's terrific news !!!

I haven't heard that one before. Haha.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #6
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Did I ever tell you about the time, way back when, when I was so used to autocorrecting "week" to "secton" in my head when writing, that I would catch myself almost talking about sectons in real life? Sheesh. I obviously needed a life. Of course, now I have one, so I'm sure I'll soon be talking about "minimum viable products" like a pro.

I'd rather be talking about sectons than minimum viable products, m'dear. And, for that matter, I'd rather talk to people who speak Klingon and talk about sectons and other Sci-fi felgercarb. Much more interesting!

You may maintain that "intern" persona for your intergalactic reconnaissance mission, but please don't ever truly assimilate.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #7
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
That's terrific news !!!

I haven't heard that one before. Haha.
And as you will see, more progress has been made, about 10 minutes ago...
- Brian Greene
Old 06-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #8
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post

I'd rather be talking about sectons than minimum viable products, m'dear. And, for that matter, I'd rather talk to people who speak Klingon and talk about sectons and other Sci-fi felgercarb. Much more interesting!

You may maintain that "intern" persona for your intergalactic reconnaissance mission, but please don't ever truly assimilate.
Well, in that case, I must say your Klingon impressed me quite a bit on a recent occasion. And sectons are a fascinating unit of time. As are mushies. Not a unit of time, but fascinating. Have you seen Colonel Tigh eat mushies? Most amusing.

I shall stay true to my wingman Flyngirl and my Colonial heritage and refuse to assimilate. "Nooooooo! I'll never join you!" *engages warp drive*
- Brian Greene
Old 06-19-2017, 08:24 PM   #9
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Well, in that case, I must say your Klingon impressed me quite a bit on a recent occasion. And sectons are a fascinating unit of time. As are mushies. Not a unit of time, but fascinating. Have you seen Colonel Tigh eat mushies? Most amusing.

I shall stay true to my wingman Flyngirl and my Colonial heritage and refuse to assimilate. "Nooooooo! I'll never join you!" *engages warp drive*
You shall be rewarded for your loyalty. Aber spreche ich Klingon nicht. es tüt Mir sehr leid. You'll have to settle with Deutsch.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:56 AM   #10
Cassiebsg

I'm not sure what kind of info was on the BSG wiki, don't think I have ever visited it, but John LaRocque's BSG FAQ is still available at kobol.com last time I checked (a couple weeks ago).