LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Battlestar Galactica > Battlestar Galactica Classic

Battlestar Galactica Classic For discussions about the classic Battlestar series which starred Dirk as the one and only "Starbuck". NO Ron Moore show posts here please.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
ojai22

Default Old but Nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkmOoSMJyIc
Old 12-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: Old but Nice

I just saw this on Facebook and it's such a sweet photo, I had to share!

Last edited by Flygirl; 01-05-2017 at 08:58 PM..
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #3
ojai22

This one has some different photos - "I'm Goin' Home" --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ecXqAZP438

Better than nice....
Old 12-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #4
anneg1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
I love this photo <3
anneg1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai22 View Post

Better than nice....
Ohhhh... yes, that one is SUPER nice.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneg1026 View Post
I love this photo <3
Those guys sure were great together. I always wished BSG ran as long as Star Trek! Of course... then Dirk would never have done the A-Team. So I guess, ideally, BSG would have lasted 5 seasons and then Dirk would be freed up to join the team.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
anneg1026

Quote:
Those guys sure were great together. I always wished BSG ran as long as Star Trek! Of course... then Dirk would never have done the A-Team. So I guess, ideally, BSG would have lasted 5 seasons and then Dirk would be freed up to join the team.
I wish I could get into BSG, but it doesn't interest me at all. I've tried watching several episodes.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:38 PM   #8
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
I wish I could get into BSG, but it doesn't interest me at all. I've tried watching several episodes.
That's okay. You can still be part of the entourage as long as you keep your heretical opinion a secret

In all seriousness, I understand how BSG can be hard to get into. It's not really like any other sci-fi series in plot, the use of tech, or the level of focus on characters. The characters were emphasized and developed more than the plots were, but there was still a distance from them that could have been fixed if the series continued. When I fell in love with BSG, I think it wasn't just because of what it was, but what it could have been, and all the possibilities the characters and their world presented. But now if I'm looking for "comfort food" TV, the A-Team is a more likely choice.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:40 PM   #9
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
I wish we could know what BSG would have been like a few seasons later. Of course, what I've read about Glen Larson's plans for season 2 makes me kind of glad it didn't happen.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 12-29-2016, 05:59 AM   #10
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
I wish we could know what BSG would have been like a few seasons later. Of course, what I've read about Glen Larson's plans for season 2 makes me kind of glad it didn't happen.
Do tell? What was the plan?

The fan fiction website is great because there are so many possibilities that you can choose your storyline.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:00 AM   #11
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Oh ... I love that picture !!
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:06 AM   #12
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai22 View Post

Better than nice....
So much better
Old 12-29-2016, 06:09 AM   #13
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Yes, it should have ran longer. But I just can't imagine an A-team without Dirk. Five seasons of BSG sounds super to me.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:10 AM   #14
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
What were those plans ??? Do I even want to know ???
Old 12-29-2016, 06:25 AM   #15
anneg1026

Quote:
That's okay. You can still be part of the entourage as long as you keep your heretical opinion a secret

But now if I'm looking for "comfort food" TV, the A-Team is a more likely choice.
It's a deal My "comfort food" is Chopper One right now.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #16
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Do tell? What was the plan?

The fan fiction website is great because there are so many possibilities that you can choose your storyline.
If I recall correctly from what I read on Battlestar Wiki a long time ago, Sheba was going to die in a mission Apollo was in charge of, and Apollo would be so heartbroken he would undergo a personality change and basically become more pleasure-seeking than Starbuck. Athena was going to be badly injured in an accident and need a cybernetic face replacement so they could use another actress besides Maren Jensen. The second part I maybe could live with, but the first part, not so much.

Of course, in my opinion even that is not as bad as what the books Richard Hatch co-wrote did to the character relationships. Starbuck and Cassie had a daughter, but even then they weren't sure how they felt about each other, and partway through the series Apollo and Cassie started taking a serious liking to each other. A little messy, much?

Okay, that fulfills my griping quota for the day haha. Yes, what would we do without fan fiction storylines?
- Brian Greene
Old 12-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #17
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Ooh, sounds nice. Need to put that one on my mental watchlist.
- Brian Greene
Old 12-29-2016, 10:05 AM   #18
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
If I recall correctly from what I read on Battlestar Wiki a long time ago, Sheba was going to die in a mission Apollo was in charge of, and Apollo would be so heartbroken he would undergo a personality change and basically become more pleasure-seeking than Starbuck. Athena was going to be badly injured in an accident and need a cybernetic face replacement so they could use another actress besides Maren Jensen. The second part I maybe could live with, but the first part, not so much.

Of course, in my opinion even that is not as bad as what the books Richard Hatch co-wrote did to the character relationships. Starbuck and Cassie had a daughter, but even then they weren't sure how they felt about each other, and partway through the series Apollo and Cassie started taking a serious liking to each other. A little messy, much?

Okay, that fulfills my griping quota for the day haha. Yes, what would we do without fan fiction storylines?
Wow. Yeah... I don't like any of those scenarios. I really did love the show, though. And I'm not a big Sci Fi fan - I liked it much better than ST (although I can see why ST was loved for what it was). BSG was a great family show with real values and positive messages, while still being an exciting adventure/action series. I wasn't as into the technical jargon as my engineering compatriots. I LOVED the chemistry between the characters and I thought the characters' personalities were really well-developed, particularly for a sci fi series... I thought the chemistry between Starbuck and Apollo was fantastic! I was really drawn in to each episode for that reason. I'm one of those people who enjoys a good story, but only if I really care about the players and what happens to them.... aside from that all of the technical accuracy, big named celebs and special effects are meaningless. It's all about character development. I really felt like BSG had that. Maybe I would have been disappointed in later seasons...
Old 12-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #19
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Haven't seen that one yet. Been looking all over for it in stores, but can't find it here
Old 12-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #20
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:

What? They can't let Sheba die. I really liked her. She was a nice match for Apollo. And Apollo's change of character? Sounds odd to me.

Aw Cassie and Starbuck having a daughter. That's so sweet! But Cassie and Apollo really liking one another? Yikes.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #21
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Wow. Yeah... I don't like any of those scenarios. I really did love the show, though. And I'm not a big Sci Fi fan - I liked it much better than ST (although I can see why ST was loved for what it was). BSG was a great family show with real values and positive messages, while still being an exciting adventure/action series. I wasn't as into the technical jargon as my engineering compatriots. I LOVED the chemistry between the characters and I thought the characters' personalities were really well-developed, particularly for a sci fi series... I thought the chemistry between Starbuck and Apollo was fantastic! I was really drawn in to each episode for that reason. I'm one of those people who enjoys a good story, but only if I really care about the players and what happens to them.... aside from that all of the technical accuracy, big named celebs and special effects are meaningless. It's all about character development. I really felt like BSG had that. Maybe I would have been disappointed in later seasons...
I might have been too ... I loved the values and the positive messages a lot and also the character's well-developed personalities. That's what I still like about it today and why I hated the newly created version for ruining all those great qualities.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #22
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Haven't seen that one yet. Been looking all over for it in stores, but can't find it here
Try Ebay.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #23
anneg1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Try Ebay.
Amazon has it also. https://www.amazon.com/Chopper-One-C.../dp/B01I0TLTHU It says all regions.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #24
Flygirl
Erin

I just ordered Chopper One along with my pre-order of Scavenger hunt. Haven't seen it yet -- and it's been a while since I saw Scavenger Hunt. It's going to be a very Dirk-y January for me!!!
Old 12-30-2016, 04:35 AM   #25
LittleMonkeyDog

Thanks !!! I'll check out Ebay and Amazon as well