LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Battlestar Galactica > Battlestar Galactica Classic

Battlestar Galactica Classic For discussions about the classic Battlestar series which starred Dirk as the one and only "Starbuck". NO Ron Moore show posts here please.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #26
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: They found the colonies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Cool.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #27
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
So, let's take a poll: Are there aliens out there? Yes? No? Could go either way? Don't know?

I personally don't think there are aliens out there (no, this does not change the fact that I'm a sci-fi geek), but I would be open to being proved wrong.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #28
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

I have to say I share your opinion on this. No, I don't think so either. Unless someone can show me proof they actually do excist.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #29
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Worst case, if my father discovered it, it would have been the Schaefer galaxy. Cheapest American beer on this rock. He liked to get drunk cheaply.

In any case, I often wander outside at night, look up at the stars and wait for the mother ship to pick me up. I don't care if it's from the Heineken galaxy. I just need to get away. So, if the mother ship does come, you all need to have some intergalactic luggage packed and I'll have the pilot bring the ship around your state and country etc to pick you and your loved ones up for a joy ride vacation to the Miller Lite galaxy. Sound good?
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #30
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
So, let's take a poll: Are there aliens out there? Yes? No? Could go either way? Don't know?

I personally don't think there are aliens out there (no, this does not change the fact that I'm a sci-fi geek), but I would be open to being proved wrong.
I believe there is life out there, yes.
There was a line in CSI, Las Vegas, regarding aliens. "and if they were smart, they would stay away".
I thought that was deep. Thought provoking.

I've seen a twilight zone episode where the planet was going to be blown up by aliens who said earth had a "small talent for war". Earth took that as they needed to clean up their act and make peace within and between each country etc. There was a misunderstanding. The aliens meant "small talent" literally, that earth didn't have enough war.
How's that for ya?
So, we have much work to do here before we socialize out there.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #31
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele Ann View Post
I've seen a twilight zone episode where the planet was going to be blown up by aliens who said earth had a "small talent for war". Earth took that as they needed to clean up their act and make peace within and between each country etc. There was a misunderstanding. The aliens meant "small talent" literally, that earth didn't have enough war.
How's that for ya?
So, we have much work to do here before we socialize out there.
Okay, here's my take. (And I want dibs on the "Miller Lite" galaxy, Michele)... Like every generation before us, we don't know what we don't know. Do I believe there's life somewhere else - in another galaxy, perhaps? No one has proven there is, and no one has proven there isn't. Everything else is at least a guess, and at most, a theory. And as far as we know, the universe is infinite... so it's rather self-centered of us to assume we're the only ones here... or even the most intelligent ones here. To me, it's just as likely there is intelligent life as it is that there is not.

So there's my brilliant way of not answering the question.

Oh, and also... I think we have quite enough war.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #32
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Quote:
Okay, here's my take. (And I want dibs on the "Miller Lite" galaxy, Michele)... Like every generation before us, we don't know what we don't know. Do I believe there's life somewhere else - in another galaxy, perhaps? No one has proven there is, and no one has proven there isn't. Everything else is at least a guess, and at most, a theory. And as far as we know, the universe is infinite... so it's rather self-centered of us to assume we're the only ones here... or even the most intelligent ones here. To me, it's just as likely there is intelligent life as it is that there is not.

I couldn't agree more with the idea that it's self centered to think it's just our little selves out here. Why should it be just us? What makes us so special? Are we the only life form on earth? No. So why should we be the only planet that has life? And yes, we have far too much fighting and killing. But the funny thing was how in the story the people of earth interpreted their "small talent for war". They knew what they had to really clean up and they had it in them all along to do so.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #33
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

I think we have too much war. And Life in other galaxies may be more intelligent. Who knows? I think the possibilities do exist and we are very arrogant to think we are the only planet to have life. Some intelligent; some not so intelligent life.

Exploring would be cool.....
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote