LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Celebrity Big Brother 5

Celebrity Big Brother 5 Well...he went and did it. In 2007 Dirk stepped into the Big Brother house for CBB 5 in the UK. 25 days. All Dirk, all the time. Here are the discussions about Dirk in the house with the other celebs. Bloggers welcome.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:17 AM   #1
starlight

Default New fan here

I admit that until Big Brother, I didn't know who Dirk Benedict was. But I am so glad that he went into the house for I fear I may not have discovered this wonderful man.
He was the only one who entertained me in this rather hard to watch series.
What first attractted me to Dirk was his honesty. He said what was what and you knew exactly where you stood with him. Next, was his intelligent wit that was wasted in that house due to the fact there was no one there to banter on the same level as him. His one liners has me in stitches such as 'My house is brown, my clothes are brown..... My shit is brown.' Also, I found him to be a true gentleman - even when he was about to do his eviction interview, Davina told him to sit down, he goes to the chair but being a gentleman that he is, waited for Davina to sit first. There's not many men like that left in the world. I also loved that he fell for the classy Shilpa. Carole has written that he is a woman hater (she also says that those 3 girls have done nothing wrong :shock but I think she thought he was serious with some of the comments he made when he was trying to get himself up for eviction. I found him to be a woman lover. I think he likes his women to be ladies (don't know about the rest of the country but ladies are a dying breed around where I live), hence the attraction to the beautiful inside and outside Shilpa. I think he was appalled by the very un-lady like women of the house and their disgusting 'man' ways. Like his comment on Danielle talking like a truck driver.
Dirk was on BBC Breakfast this morning and said he will be writing a 3rd book. I hope he's a fast writer, I am looking forward to reading it
Dirk is the type of man that many ladies are looking for (as recent goss has proven). He is a dying breed.

There's lots of fans over on the BB forum who would love it here. Should we invite them over?

Anyone here who knows Dirk? Did I do an accurate character summary? :wink:
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi!
I think you just about got all of it right.
Shilpa, unfortunately, talked about Dirk behind his back. NOT very nice comments.:x
(this can found at the forum topic "Mr. T. might go into the house??")
Other than that, your comments were dead on!

regards,
Anne
Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
Feeonagh

I agree with you whole heartedly...

I too have become a fan since 'meeting Dirk' on CBB..

As for this AM... imagine.. me sitting having by breakfast , nearly choking when I heard Dirk was going to be on... Had to go to work, so put my recorder on for 1 hour... thinking he was coming on 'any minute'.. got home, turned on recorder... he must have come on about 55 minutes after I left.. he was cut off in mid stream.. although I did hear about the book.. hope I didn't miss too much.
Saw the bit with him dancing in his PJs. I saw that on the 24/7 live feed, I couldn't believe that a 61 year old man could just get out of bed and dance... BRILLIANT!!

F x
Feeonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
Lynne

Hi Feeonagh,

You will get the link on the Any Interview Forum topic

Lynne
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
Feeonagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne
Hi Feeonagh,

You will get the link on the Any Interview Forum topic

Lynne
Yes.. found it.. great

Fx
Feeonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara758
Hi!
I think you just about got all of it right.
Shilpa, unfortunately, talked about Dirk behind his back. NOT very nice comments.:x
(this can found at the forum topic "Mr. T. might go into the house??")
Other than that, your comments were dead on!

regards,
Anne
Hi there!
I just read those comments. I actually went off her a bit when she nominated Dirk but I thought it was because she was dissing him in order to stay in the bullies good books. But reading that I don't think that is the case anymore. I didn't watch the first few eps of the show as I don't usually like Big Brother but this series was different Our whole family backed Dirk all the way. Dad and bro loved his humour and Mum and I loved him :wink:
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi Starlight!
I agree with you there!
I never heard of Big Brother before, being from Canada.
But, thanks to computer technology, I was able to see all the episodes.
I have been a fan of Dirk, for 30 years.
Had a big crush on him at age 18.
And I still do at 48!
Did you check out his interview at:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...st/6312983.stm
You need real player to view it.

I've now watched it SIX times! and probably more later... :lol:

ENJOY!

take care,
Anne
Old 05-09-2015, 12:19 PM   #8
ojai22

Default Re: New fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
He is a dying breed.
Perhaps it's the other way around? Could it be that he's a pioneer for a new breed of man?