View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #13
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: Face, Unrealistic Expectations, and Life (...that should just about cover it)

WelshPoppy:

No worries, I wasn't trying to say you should have remembered - I have the same issue, and when I reply to others on here I have to reread what they wrote at least once or twice [EDIT: actually, several more times than that] and I still forget things... Which is what I'm about to do now as I try to quick reply to everyone.

Oh, and I agree that people get crushes for lots of different reasons. My crushes usually are based on whatever my brain likes for looks, while a friend of mine's are based more on personality - she's often been drawn to "bad boy" fictional characters, although her current boyfriend is not that way at all, but she still likes him a lot. Probably better for a real-life relationship.

Flyngirl:

Yes, the echo chamber is a real phenomenon that does a lot of damage no matter where you fall on a particular spectrum. I still think it's hilarious that when I went to a college with relatively traditional standards, I became even less "conservative" (in general, not necessarily politics, but I can't think of a better word) because I met a lot of new people who were different than I am and who didn't have the same ideas that I took for granted, so I questioned a lot and came out with a new set of beliefs and practices in many areas.

Oh man, the mustache thread sounds familiar, but I don't remember if there's a hair thread... yet. Maybe I'll do some digging when I'm more awake.

LMD:

Yes, the fact that Face tried so hard to appear to have it together when he clearly didn't was probably some of the best comedy surrounding his character. He ended up putting his foot in his mouth a few times, at least...

All:

Aww, you guys are so sweet, and I'm so glad to know you. Group hug!!!

"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote