View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: Face, Unrealistic Expectations, and Life (...that should just about cover it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
I'll let you in on a little secret. Been thinking about this topic too ... So don't worry about it. You're not alone

Crush? What crush? Don't know what you're talking about

As a (pre)teen Templeton Peck sure was my Prince Charming because - indeed - he had it all! He was handsome, cute, smart, ... (and I could go on and on), but indeed he was/is a fictional character. As you described so perfectly LD14: he was the perfect Ken to the Barbie I wanted to be back then as a teen (although he wouldn't have been a very faithful one ).

I often wondered about that as well until I met him in person and realised what a cool guy he truly is. A real person indeed who opened up to us about some of the struggles he has been dealing with throughout his life and I truly admire him for doing just that.
There is no such thing as 'perfect'. Nothing or nobody is perfect after all. We all have our little flaws and that's okay. We just have to learn to live with this. I guess that's what life is all about: a struggle sometimes but also a constant learning process. So we should just enjoy the beautiful moments of it and try to hang on throughout the struggles we will face at some point(s) in our lives and never stop believing that we'll make it through to that eventually as well. Was that also a rant? Or am I being too philosophical at this point
LMD, first you say you've been thinking about this topic too, and then you try to deny the existence of The Crush! Heresy!

It sounded too logical to be classified as a rant to me, but I'm the last person you should be asking about whether it's "too philosophical," since I personally deny the existence of such a possibility. So basically we're all imperfect and we're all in denial about something.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote