View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 05:00 AM   #7
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Default Re: essay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genny
Dirk's writing is brilliant. He knows how to engage attention and then take the reader on a journey. It's difficult to forget anything he writes . He is also so right in the point he makes. The way he makes us feel what he, must have felt like being served puppy, twice...and of course he knows, that the reader will be horrified too..and then he takes us further, to the horror of what is ..mass murder of animals most people don't think about at all when they consume them. If Dirk had never been an actor and I had no idea what he looks like etc..I'd want to read his work. It's not only superb in terms of writing skill but in terms of subject matter. I love Ray Bradbury's short stories. They are stunningly well written. Dirk has that skill. There are other authors I'm reminded of, of course. Thoreau, ..to Stephen King ! Thank you, Tracy, for posting the essay. I'm more of a fan of Dirk's writing I think and his more recent acting than I was of his work in the A Team. He's so much more interesting and impressive than was Templeton Peck ! I know..that the latter was a character in a very successfful series and that Dirk was terrific in it but oh...there's so much more, to the talents and character of Dirk Benedict, isn't there !
Good one Gen & ditto! 8)
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote