Dirk's Works

Dirk's Works (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fanorama (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY? (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601)

ostarella 01-13-2009 08:54 AM

Re: Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shastastar (Post 16767)
happy birthday ostarella

:D:D

Celebrating by at least an hour in a very hot shower (pure heaven to me! :p) and then lounging in flannel pjs on the couch, watching hours of movies by a certain someone ;) :)) Totally lazy and going to enjoy every minute of it :D

deebeelicious 01-13-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ostarella (Post 16768)
:D:D

Celebrating by at least an hour in a very hot shower (pure heaven to me! :p) and then lounging in flannel pjs on the couch, watching hours of movies by a certain someone ;) :)) Totally lazy and going to enjoy every minute of it :D

Very Happy Birthday Ostarella! :cool: :D:D

Mmmm! An HOUR under the shower! :o Not v green, but totally understandable! :)) Especially if one regards it as 'medical therapy' for your knee! ;) :p Hope you have a great day and a great celebration. :):):cool:

Yikes! My mum's b'day is on Thursday - better find that card I bought for her. Haven't gotten round to thinking of a present yet as I had only just thought of some good ones for her for Christmas! :rolleyes: May be more of the same - spa massage and beauty treatments? :confused:

It's a balmy 8 oC here, feels v warm compared to last week! ;)

asmay 01-14-2009 08:04 AM

Sharon, I totally agree! Our chattiness must have been caused by the anticipation of the holidays, and now we're having the January blues ..... :cry:

Nice Ostarella! A great way to spend your birthday (or any other day really)!;) Just for the fun of it, doing the things you like best .... :cool: Good for you!

And Shastastar, what the great excitement is or whatever it is that's motivating you to get up at 5am :o ... for a workout ... :eek: really is beyond me ... :confused: But I have nothing but admiration for such an early bird. :D:p (I know I couldn't do it! :oops:)

Deebeelicious, I find it difficult to buy things for my mother too, so I know what you mean. My mother is at the stage (and has already been there for some time) that (she says) she has everything she needs, doesn't want more stuff to clutter up the house or collect dust etc. etc. :rolleyes: So ... not an easy person to buy a present for to say the least .... (Still manage to find something everytime though!) I wish you good luck on your presents' hunt.. ;)

Thanks Lucia for sending the Brazilian warmth north :D I don't know how you did it but the ice is melting and it's definitely warmer over here .... :))>:)

Esther and Adri, good luck on your respective job hunts! Let's keep our fingers crossed that the right jobs will come along soon. :)

And maybe Su hasn't returned from her holiday yet? Btw haven't seen Jules on the board lately either ...:confused: Hope they will join us again soon.

bibbi 01-14-2009 11:13 AM

Cloudy Wednesday

HI EVERYONE :D
It's a cloudy Wednesday where I am.
This Month is going by too fast! :o
Hope everyone is doing fine and your loved ones and pets.

HUGS :)

Sharon 01-14-2009 04:44 PM

Hello!
Wow, a busy day for me at work!
Glad I have tomorrow off.....have appointments for the cat and groceries to get...not much of a day off!
Hope everyone has a great night.
the weather has been snowy, grey and windy...however, that is about to change!
We are expecting plus 5 to plus 8 over the next couple of days, yeah!
Hugs to all!

Lucia Helena 01-16-2009 06:42 AM

Hello beloved friends !!!!!
I send sunshine and human warmth to all!
I wish you all a weekend very special, with those you love.

Sir Elton John:cool: is in Brasil. He will perform in São Paulo (tomorrow).
The opening of his show will be performed by James Blunt.
I watched the whole show on television.

It really is a privilege to have Elton for the second time in my country and enjoy the music of the highest quality.
For me, the weekend will be a very romantic!
:D
That the grace of God is manifest in the lives of all!
Many kisses, hugs and flowers from Brasil
!

Hey .. what is your favorite song of Elton :cool:?

Sharon 01-16-2009 07:19 AM

Hi Lucia, lucky lady! I love Elton John! I don't know if I can pick a favourite song...there are so many! My son is a hugs fan, too. He loves the Lion King music.
The sunshine you sent has reached us, lol. It is +5 today and going to +10 over the weekend, yeah!
Enjoy the weekend, hugs to you!

Lucia Helena 01-16-2009 09:48 AM

Thank you very much, Sharon!!!!

asmay 01-16-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucia Helena (Post 16814)

Hey .. what is your favorite song of Elton :cool:?

Hi Lucia, sounds like a great concert! And I'm afraid Sharon is right, Elton John has written so many beautiful songs. :o I wouldn't know where to begin, although I have always liked 'Song for Guy' very much ... :cool:

Lucia Helena 01-16-2009 04:04 PM

Asmay, Thank you!
I forgot to mention my favorite songs! LOL LOL Excuse me!

SONG FOR GUY
DEAR GOD
Nikita
Sacrifice
Lucy in the Sky ...
CANDLE IN THE WIND (1997)

It is difficult to choose ...

Arciris 01-17-2009 04:12 AM

Hello to all!! Sorry for my few posts this week. I'm so busy, I suppose how everybody.
Sharon, thanks for your words the other day. I hope your mother is okey. You've reason, is awfull but we must fight all we can for to follow right in illness, and too about the others. Family is the first.;)

Lucia, hola! 35 degrees!! What envious! :)) Well, the weather here is a little more warm than the last week, about 8ºc for the day.
Although, I see Shasta is having more cold...Stay warm, please.:)

Ostarella, how your birthday was going? I hope well!!

Deebee, congratulations for your Mother's Birthday!:) It's true, sometimes it's difficult to find a good present for her. Mothers deserves the best.

Asmay, thanks about my job hunt! Well, for the moment I've got the same but I'm trying to find another still, not good luck..Patience.:rolleyes::)

Lucia, beautiful Elton John's concert!!! Well he's in Brasil. I adore him too!! I've got some cds and it's my second favourite singer! You've reason, it's a difficult to try a song from him, I like many of them, but I love Sacrifice, Tiny Dancer (from film Almost Famous) (like Saron say, Lion king, all songs in it) and Latitude (from cd Made in England). And more, and more...:))
His music is very romantic.:)
You see, many of us are Elton John fans, too.;) I'm sure you enjoyed it!! Well done!!

Anne, hallo! I hope the weather is sunny today, there.:) I'ts true, month is going too fast!

Asmay, you've reason, perhaps Su is away still...And Jules and Karin aren't on the board lately either...How are you, ladies? I hope fine!
A special kiss for Adri and Sara, too. I miss you, all.

Have a nice weekend, friends!!
A big kiss.

deebeelicious 01-17-2009 02:32 PM

Hi Guys&Gals
I'm feeling quite chilled out - went Shopping with my Ma this morning and was totally pooped by the pm! :p Just finished watching 'The Jane Austen Book Club' with her! Ahhhh! :) How could they get Col. Brandon so wrong though! :o :)) :p

Re: Elton John
How can you not mention 'Your Song'! :o :))
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa8U0Wa0q8

Or 'I guess that's why they call it the blues'?
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ecU-e0XUMd8

Or 'Baby's got blue eyes'
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oul-lKr4t5I

Also love 'Song for Guy'
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H3bSY6tXj3c

Lucia Helena - are you going to see JB & EJ in concert in Brazil? :D

We're expecting 'thundersnow' (wthit?:confused:) tonight - heavy rain and wind (over 80 mph gusts) with possibly hail! :o :(

ostarella 01-17-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deebeelicious (Post 16825)
We're expecting 'thundersnow' (wthit?:confused:) tonight - heavy rain and wind (over 80 mph gusts) with possibly hail! :o :(

We've had "thundersnow" here occasionally - but that wind! :o:o Tie yourself down or you may end up on that desert island after all! :))

Lucia Helena 01-17-2009 02:51 PM

Hey Deebee, thank you for answering my question.
I forgot to mention as many songs ...
I'm not going to the concert of Elton is very expensive and the tickets are exhausted very fast.
I hope the weather improves in their country. Get the human warmth of Brazil.
Kisses.

Lucia Helena 01-18-2009 06:29 AM

Hello I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Here the temperature is increasing.
Elton was presented yesterday in Sao Paulo, and tomorrow he will perform at Rio
The place that will make its presentation at the Rio is exactly where it is performed in the parade of samba schools in the Carnival.
The concert was great!
I hope you enjoy the pictures.

https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/f...&pictureid=705

https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/f...&pictureid=703

asmay 01-18-2009 07:06 AM

Gosh! I didn't know he was that agile :o (at his age) .... Must undoubtedly have been a great concert! :cool:

Sharon 01-18-2009 08:21 AM

Great pictures Lucia, thanks!
We went to get a new cat yesterday! She is long haired, white and charcoal grey....her name is Smudge! We may try to change that to Abby, but I don't know if she will come to that>
She is very affectiionette and likes to have her belly rubbed. Heratio has been very good in letting another cat in the house.
I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
bye for now

asmay 01-18-2009 04:02 PM

Nice Sharon! Always wonderful to see how these furry purring machines slowly settle down and in the end take over the house .... ;):p Btw I have had several cats (mostly from local shelters) and renamed them all, never had any problems with that because they hardly ever react to their names anyhow ....:)) Except for the one I have now, he responds to his name and comes running to me everytime I call - as if he was a dog !:o

dbukfan 01-19-2009 05:35 AM

Hello There!

Dear All:)

Happy New Year to all dear DBC friends...so sorry for not been in touch for long while and thanks for askin'....with few reasons...apart from great holiday we've been....also a sudden death of my beloved Father:cry::cry::cry: not long after back of holiday:(...still mourning with sadness and gradually come to term of reality and life:(:(:(...at least, he's passed away in peace with no suffering:(.

Jules, Esther, Asmay, Adri, Sara, Lucia, Karin, Sharon, Anne, deebee, Ostarella, SS, Petra, Dirk and all DBC fans....hope you are all well and very Best Wishes in 2009.

Will be in touch when I get my routine back to normal.

Take care all

Su...x

Sharon 01-19-2009 06:27 AM

Su, so sorry to hear your news. I hope that you and your family are doing ok. My deepest sympathy to all of you. I understand that it will take some time. After going through it myself this year, just make sure that you have people around you and that time does indeed help. If you need to talk, let me know.
My biggest, warmest hugs to you and your family. Take care...God Bless.
Sharon

ostarella 01-19-2009 06:52 AM

Su, all sympathy to you and your family - words don't help much at these times I know but know we're here for support.

deebeelicious 01-19-2009 08:00 AM

Big hug to you Su, and your family.

shastastar 01-19-2009 08:15 AM

Su I am so sorry for your loss.... I send lots of good thoughts and hugs to you and your family Take care

Peace Love Hoipe Faith and bancha
SS

bibbi 01-19-2009 10:50 AM

Su, My deepest heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family.
You are in my heart, thought and prayers.

HUGS
Anne

Christy 01-19-2009 05:20 PM

My deepest sympathy to you and your family for your loss, Su. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

All the best to all of you...Take Care & Hugs,
Christy