Dirk's Works

Dirk's Works (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cruises and Conventions (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Convention contact info (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1334)

Nance 12-27-2016 07:18 AM

Re: Convention contact info

I got this message from Facts Belgium.

Die naam hebben we hier nog zien passeren! En aangezien wij graag de nostalgische kaart trekken, hebben we hem ook al op onze lijst staan.
Dus: duimen maar!

He says that they heard the name before and as they like to be nostalgic dirk has been put on the list.
Fingers crossed.

So Dirk.... come to facts! :D the Dirkettes are waiting for you.

Flygirl 12-27-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vballspieler (Post 22341)
Phantom is the first week in June. Tickets go on sale in February, so my friend and I haven't picked a date yet.

Ohhhh... I'm on family vacation until June 6. (Planned it over Phx comicon weekend, unfortunately. D'oh!). If there's any chance you'll still be there after the 6th, I can probably get there!

Flygirl 12-27-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nance (Post 22356)

Die naam hebben we hier nog zien passeren! En aangezien wij graag de nostalgische kaart trekken, hebben we hem ook al op onze lijst staan.

He says that they heard the name before and as they like to be nostalgic dirk has been put on the list.
Fingers crossed.

Great news!! :)

LittleMonkeyDog 12-27-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nance (Post 22356)

Fingers crossed.

That's great news !!!! Yes, yes, yes ... You really should come :)

Vballspieler 12-27-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22357)
Ohhhh... I'm on family vacation until June 6. (Planned it over Phx comicon weekend, unfortunately. D'oh!). If there's any chance you'll still be there after the 6th, I can probably get there!

It's a possibility. I will see what I can arrange.

BTW - I am a University of Phoenix graduate. I can always come visit my Alma mater.

Flygirl 12-27-2016 09:28 PM

Yes, you should!!! Sedona or Flagstaff are also nice options slightly closer to Vegas. Flagstaff is beautiful in the summer.. :)

Flygirl 01-03-2017 02:34 PM

Guys, please consider requesting Dirk at this event in Houston - I have a conference in Dallas the week prior and could DEFINITELY go to this one!!! :)

https://www.comicpalooza.com/contact/

Ludlum'sDaughter14 01-03-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22602)
Guys, please consider requesting Dirk at this event in Houston - I have a conference in Dallas the week prior and could DEFINITELY go to this one!!! :)

I apologize, I've been really bad about sending in requests lately, but I just emailed this one. :)

LittleMonkeyDog 01-03-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22602)

I have send in a request for you. Can't promise anything just yet, but my husband is in Houston at that time for his work for a week. I am thinking about joining him once again, because I love Houston. Off course nothing is set in stone just yet ...

Flygirl 01-03-2017 06:57 PM

Thanks so much. Love you gals. LMD, please tell me that's a possibility!!! :o

LittleMonkeyDog 01-04-2017 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22611)
Thanks so much. Love you gals. LMD, please tell me that's a possibility!!! :o

It's a possibility, but can't promise anything. All depends on work and money ...

Flygirl 01-04-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog (Post 22617)
It's a possibility, but can't promise anything. All depends on work and money ...

Oooh, I hope all the stars align, and Dirk gets invited, and he agrees to go, and you get there, and I get there... Drinks are on me! :cool: ;)

Ludlum'sDaughter14 01-04-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog (Post 22617)

Since the convention would be right after school gets out, there's a slim chance I could make it down there too, especially if a bunch of us were meeting there. Too much later in the summer and I might be tied up... I'm planning to get an internship since it's required for me to graduate. Type and location TBD. :)

Nance 01-05-2017 04:38 AM

Well I've decided. I will not be going to Brühl.

I want to take an introductory flying lesson this year. The convention including the girls night out, though nice, will take too much out of our activity budget for this year. So unless Dirk offers to take me up instead:D, it's just not going to happen.

I wanna go UP!!!

I want that more than meeting Dirk and the rest. He can't fault me for wanting to fly instead of entourageing right :))

LittleMonkeyDog 01-05-2017 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 (Post 22645)
Since the convention would be right after school gets out, there's a slim chance I could make it down there too, especially if a bunch of us were meeting there. Too much later in the summer and I might be tied up... I'm planning to get an internship since it's required for me to graduate. Type and location TBD. :)

That's great news !!!
Good luck with your internship as well :)

LittleMonkeyDog 01-05-2017 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22633)
Oooh, I hope all the stars align, and Dirk gets invited, and he agrees to go, and you get there, and I get there... Drinks are on me! :cool: ;)

I hope so too :cool:

Flygirl 01-05-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 (Post 22645)

That would be AMAZING!!! :D
Could anybody else make it to this one??

LD - I gotta talk to you offline, re: internship.

Flygirl 01-05-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nance (Post 22649)
I want that more than meeting Dirk and the rest. He can't fault me for wanting to fly instead of entourageing right :))

I can't fault you for that either, love... I know the feeling!!! As much as I would REALLY like for us to meet. Let's try next year, OK?

I have an inkling you will love flying. :)

Nance 01-05-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22662)
I can't fault you for that either, love... I know the feeling!!! As much as I would REALLY like for us to meet. Let's try next year, OK?

I have an inkling you will love flying. :)

Yeah probably too much and then I end up knowing what it's like, without any chance of ever truly learning. I hate reality.:cry:

LittleMonkeyDog 01-05-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

I want to take an introductory flying lesson this year. The convention including the girls night out, though nice, will take too much out of our activity budget for this year. So unless Dirk offers to take me up instead:D, it's just not going to happen.

I wanna go UP!!!

Taking the introductory flying lesson? That's so cool! Congrats to you.
I would have loved to meet you, but there will be other occasions for that right.

Ludlum'sDaughter14 01-05-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

I wanna go UP!!!

That is totally great and awesome, as long as you make sure you tell us about how it goes! Deal? :)

Ludlum'sDaughter14 01-05-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22661)
That would be AMAZING!!! :D
Could anybody else make it to this one??

LD - I gotta talk to you offline, re: internship.

Ooh, you've got me curious now.

Flygirl 01-12-2017 08:16 AM

Hey everybody - Just a reminder plea - If you haven't already, please try to request an invitation for Dirk to this conference... It could be the U.S.-based Dirkette reunion. Well, note really a "reunion"... maybe we should call it a "union".

Oooh the Dirkette Summit! Summit sounds important. I like that. So we'll have a Summit in Bruhl and a Summit in Houston. Potentially. :)

LittleMonkeyDog 01-12-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22918)
Hey everybody - Just a reminder plea - If you haven't already, please try to request an invitation for Dirk to this conference... It could be the U.S.-based Dirkette reunion. Well, note really a "reunion"... maybe we should call it a "union".

Oooh the Dirkette Summit! Summit sounds important. I like that. So we'll have a Summit in Bruhl and a Summit in Houston. Potentially. :)

I like that :cool: I'll be at the first summit for sure and still working on the second one. I've done the request part already.

Vballspieler 01-12-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 22918)

As long as it's somewhere warm, I'm game. Like at least 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
Flyngirl, do you have your sweater ready? I may get the picture I promised this next week.