Dirk's Works

Dirk's Works (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Books (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Comic book order from Comic Flea Market (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322)

LittleMonkeyDog 11-15-2016 12:59 PM

Comic book order from Comic Flea Market

I'm really unhappy about a certain situation and I just had to post it here as a new thread.

In August of this year, I purchased online the 4 comic books co-written by Dirk: Dirk Benedict in the 25th century at Comic Flea Market. They even shipped them to Belgium !!!! So I paid for them and waited patiently for them to arrive ... only up until now I haven't received anything :cry:

I send an e-mail to them explaining I wasn't too happy about not receiving my order. They answered me back telling me they only print-on-demand and that many people had ordered these books. So basically I had to wait and be patient. I was very patient (if I do say so myself), but still received nothing. I send another e-mail and the company promised my order would be shipped the very next day. It would take about 3 weeks to finally get them ...
After these 3 weeks, I still haven't received my copies.

Has anyone ever ordered anything from this company? I'm starting to doubt that I ever get them :cry: I'm not about to give up. It's just not in my nature to do that. But I am starting to lose my patience :mad:
I was so looking forward to reading these comics. I do hope I'll get them before Christmas ...

Just wanted to inform/warn you guys.

Vballspieler 11-15-2016 08:20 PM

Re: Comic book order from Comic Flea Market

Is it a US company? Would they ship faster to a US address? I could always forward if need be... I've done international mailing before. let me know...

LittleMonkeyDog 11-18-2016 01:50 PM

Yes, it is. I'm not sure ... but hey thanks for the offer. That's really sweet of you. But I've been in contact with the company again and they have confirmed that my order was shipped today. Thank heavens !!! I was starting to think I would never ever get them ...
Thanks once again :)

Flygirl 11-18-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog (Post 20891)
But I've been in contact with the company again and they have confirmed that my order was shipped today.

They'd better be telling the truth this time!

Or we will crack some heads for you, LMD.

:twisted:

LittleMonkeyDog 11-19-2016 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 20901)
They'd better be telling the truth this time!

Or we will crack some heads for you, LMD.

:twisted:

Thanks !!! Well I hope so too, but at least now my status on their site has actually changed to 'order is shipped' instead of 'awaiting shipment'.
I haven't exactly been a nice lady when I contacted them again >:) But hey, I've ordered these books in August !!! I think I've waited long enough, right? I'm wondering if I should take them with me to the convention in Brühl and have them signed (or maybe my copies of his books) ??? Not sure yet.

Vballspieler 11-20-2016 07:36 PM

Yes, you have waited long enough. As for an autograph, your choice. It would be cool to have any of them autographed.

Keep us informed. Flyngirl5 is right. we'll kick some butt for you if we have to.

LittleMonkeyDog 11-21-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vballspieler (Post 20926)
Yes, you have waited long enough. As for an autograph, your choice. It would be cool to have any of them autographed.

Keep us informed. Flyngirl5 is right. we'll kick some butt for you if we have to.

Thanks again. Yes, I'll keep you posted.

LittleMonkeyDog 11-24-2016 03:30 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know: I've received my 4 comics in the mail today. Can't wait to start reading ...

Flygirl 11-24-2016 08:35 PM

Oh good!!! I'm glad you got them. :)

LittleMonkeyDog 11-24-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngirl5 (Post 20964)
Oh good!!! I'm glad you got them. :)

Thanks !!!

Vballspieler 12-02-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog (Post 20963)
Just wanted to let you guys know: I've received my 4 comics in the mail today. Can't wait to start reading ...

Awesome. That is good news!

LittleMonkeyDog 12-03-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vballspieler (Post 21261)
Awesome. That is good news!

Thanks! I can recommand them. They're hilarious. I just love thi guys' humor so much.