LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Blogs > Ludlum'sDaughter14

Rate this Entry

You Must Begin at the Beginning

Posted 08-27-2017 at 06:23 PM by Ludlum'sDaughter14
Well, yesterday's rant was effective. Let the record show that these are my complaints - and now I'm ready to move on.

My plan this week is to begin a semi-macro meal routine that I can adjust and maintain throughout the school year. I say semi because I will still try to participate within reason in family dinners, as I have been trying to do for a while, and there will almost certainly be one-meal hiatuses from time to time. But for the most part, I can control what I consume at breakfast and lunch, as well as anything in between meals. If I can establish good habits, increase my knowledge of the effects of foods, and practice my cooking skills for at least two meals a day, I will have a foundation to build on as circumstances permit.

Based on research, I know some of the things that need to be added to my diet to deal with some of my current issues. I have made enough brown rice to last a few days, and I got a few vegetables at the farmers' market yesterday and may buy some more this week if needed.

My projected goals for this week:
1) Make eating proportions about 40% whole grains, 40-50% vegetables.
2) Incorporate round vegetables, root vegetables, leafy greens, and beans.
3) Supplement with fermented foods.

I know I don't eat enough vegetables, and even when eating "better" as opposed to "worse," I overdo the grains and protein. Eating more vegetables alone will be a great improvement and should help my vitamin/mineral intake and digestive process. I will probably need to eat a little fish as well to make sure I get enough Vitamin B and D.

The main thing I need to remind myself is to expect a gradual process. In the past, when my body craved nutrients it wasn't getting or when I felt guilty for a bad nutritional choice, I would overeat in my attempts to compensate, which simply exacerbated the irritation of my system and destabilized it once again. I'm not going to renew my insides with one meal. As I consistently provide the nutrients my body needs and avoid destructive food items, I will gradually refresh my systems. Rome was not built in a day. Neither was I.

For the record, dinner tonight was rice (short grain, because that's all I have at the moment), black-eyed peas from the weekend, and boiled cabbage, onion, and carrots, with some shoyu. Not bad for a meal conceived right after a nap.

I'm going to go write down my goals on a sticky note and put them somewhere, maybe in my kitchen cupboard shelf. Yes, I've been designated a large shelf. But I don't live there, in case you were thinking of this:

And I'm off!
Total Comments 0

Comments

Contact Us - Dirk Benedict Central - Archive - Top