PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween 31 October / All Saint's Day I November!

deebeelicious
10-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Happy Halloween Everyone!
Today I'm going to a children's Halloween party with my friend and hers 4 & 2 year old. :)) We have costumes for them and witches hats & broomsticks for us! :oops: :))

Hope you all have fun! :)

Take it easy with the candy! :o ;) :))

My spanish friends have said that on All Saint's Day the children receive little gifts like little toy skeletons? :) Hola to Arciris and other spanish friends here! ;)

Petra
11-01-2008, 08:49 AM
On Halloween-Day I saw the Movie Halloween from Rob Zombie.
It was very scary but a really good movie.

Did anybody knows this film too?

Many Greetings

Petra

Sharon
11-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Happy Halloween to all! Today is All Saints Day! We are now getting ready for Christmas! People will be counting down the days and rushing around to get all their shopping done before the rush and we will be very busy at work!
I really hope that everyone tries to remember the real meaning of these days and enjoys them with their families!
Have a really nice weekend everyone!
Hugs to all, Sharon

asmay
11-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Today, All Saint's Day is for me a time to think about those family and friends who have deceased over the years. :neutral: Just reminiscing. Looking at old photographs and remembering some funny stories ...:)

I don't know if more people commemorate this day in this way, but to me this first day of November always gives the right setting and mood .. probably because of the weather: gray, rain, misty, cold. At the same time it's peaceful and serene. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your parade ..:oops: I'm just filling in this day a bit differently.

Have a very fun weekend !! And watch those gremlins (they might still appear on some parties this weekend). >:)

Sharma
11-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Can I add a late(by more than a fortnight!) happy Diwali ?

All the best for the new year, 5110.

asmay
11-14-2008, 02:06 AM
....... 5110....... Wow!! :o Didn't know we were that far already! Hindu calendar, right? How time flies ....

Happy Diwali to you too! :D

deebeelicious
11-14-2008, 05:41 AM

Happy Diwali Everyone! Sharma, I hope your boys enjoyed some fireworks in the end! :)

Sharma
11-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks Deebee(got some late new year firweworks in), and Asmay, the year 5110 is not definitive - but one of the possible years based on the beginning of the current epoch, namely Kali-yuga( I think).

bibbi
11-14-2008, 07:30 PM

All the best for 5110! and Happy Diwali. :)