PDA

View Full Version : We have a chat room!

Tracy
10-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Folks,

Thanks to our very own Warrior, we now have a chat room!

You can access it by either clicking the "chat" button beside the "User CP" at the top ( look up to your top bar ) or access it here:

http://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

Fun stuff! I looks great and works fab!

Stop by anytime and chat away :D

Lucia Helena
10-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Congratulations on fantastic idea. I have attended and voted. My problem is the language ... The translation is very slow!
'm Sure everyone will love it!
I thank those friends Ostarella, Tracy, Warrior, the conversation. They had great patience with me ....

Darrell Lawrence
10-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Hun, once you got started, you out-chatted all of us! ;)

Lucia Helena
10-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Hun, once you got started, you out-chatted all of us! ;)
The site does not use that made me understand what you wrote. You could use other words? Excuse me.

Darrell Lawrence
10-05-2008, 03:44 PM
What I said was, once you got the chat room working, you talked a lot more than the rest of us (I am teasing a bit, of course :p)

Lucia Helena
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM
What I said was, once you got the chat room working, you talked a lot more than the rest of us (I am teasing a bit, of course :p)

Thank you dear, you are very fun, very gentle and polite. Are you enjoying your Sunday?
Today I had to work, we had municipal elections in my country.
Muitos Beijos:oops::oops::oops:

bibbi
10-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I missed having chats.
I'm looking forward to chatting again.
I think we should arrange dates and times so everyone has a chance to link up.

Darrell Lawrence
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
So when is the first scheduled chat?

ostarella
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
So when is the first scheduled chat?

I've just been "checking in" or "lying in wait", depending on point of view :D Scheduled chats kinda depend on what time zone someone's in, or personal schedules, so maybe some "suggested times" from members and see what would work best for most...? I'm more the spontaneous let's-see-who's-around type myself ;)

bibbi
10-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I think Sundays are good.
We used to have chats on Sunday in the past and early afternoon so everyone had a change to join in from the different time zones.
I remember Donna arranging those.

Christy
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Is there anyone available this weekend to chat ?! Someone please start throwing out days and times ! I didn't because I will work around times of our members who are outside the US...ladies...well, and any gents who would like to join in. Which, now "saying" that...I have another question...LOL...Were any guys in any of our previous ( I'm talking over the past few years ) chats...anybody know / remember ?

:oops: Yes, I posted the same thing on another thread ! Just wanted to "catch" someone...anyone...and as many as possible to chat ! Especially now that we have the new...very :cool:...chat room here !! ;) :D

ostarella
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty much available any time - I just keep checking in to see who might be around. :)

Lucia Helena
10-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Is there anyone available this weekend to chat ?! Someone please start throwing out days and times ! I didn't because I will work around times of our members who are outside the US...ladies...well, and any gents who would like to join in. Which, now "saying" that...I have another question...LOL...Were any guys in any of our previous ( I'm talking over the past few years ) chats...anybody know / remember ?

:oops: Yes, I posted the same thing on another thread ! Just wanted to "catch" someone...anyone...and as many as possible to chat ! Especially now that we have the new...very :cool:...chat room here !! ;) :D

Dear friend, I am available at the end of this week. I need to know which state you live, so I know the difference in the time zone. What I have observed is that between Sao Paulo (where I live) and some places in the United States, the difference is two hours at least with respect to my local time.
I await your response. Who knows on tonight?
Choose a few times and send me. I demand that you have patience with me, because I have to translate your writing, but my answer. This week spoke with Ostarella was an incredible crop, she had a lot of patience. A hug from Brazil, I had already miss you ...

Christy
10-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Hugs Lucia and Ostarella !

We just missed each other !

Okay...how about tomorrow ( Sunday ) 3 pm or 4pm ( Eastern time ) ?....

I may also try your "method" too Ostarella.

ostarella
10-11-2008, 03:37 PM
If the weather's bad here (so I have an excuse not to be working outside ;)) I can make it tomorrow. :D

Lucia Helena
10-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Hugs Lucia and Ostarella !

We just missed each other !

Okay...how about tomorrow ( Sunday ) 3 pm or 4pm ( Eastern time ) ?....

I may also try your "method" too Ostarella.

Brilliant idea!
I will do its best to be available at this time.
If I is not online sorry.
A beautiful Saturday for you!

Flash
10-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Good thing! Will try to be there, too :)

Sunday is probably the best day for chats, considering all the different time zones DBC members are in. I wouldn't mind something like 'the second Sunday in every month' or so as a basic setup.
Of course we can still try to catch each other with the 'lying in wait' method ;) Nothing wrong with that, I guess seeing someone in the chatroom will draw others in, too. If they have time - I saw you once, ostarella, but at that particular moment I was just checking DBC and too busy to stay for a chat. :cry:

Christy
10-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Ladies !

Just a note: Not sure I'll make it :cry: ( yeah, yeah, I know...I'm the one who set up today...:rolleyes: ). It may be closer to 4pm til I can get to the chat...or, sadly...not make it at all. My mom asked if she could come with me to the store so she can get some groceries too ( the price of gas may be coming down abit, but when one can "carpool" to save alittle ;)...). Which, who would tell their mom, "NO, you can't" !? It takes her alittle longer to get around and do things ( everyday things )...Oh, she does well, but it just takes her a wee bit longer than someone who doesn't wear a prosthetic leg.
So I hope to catch yas and if not....you ladies have fun and we'll try this again !!

Take Care & Hugs,
Christy

Lucia Helena
10-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi Ladies !

Just a note: Not sure I'll make it :cry: ( yeah, yeah, I know...I'm the one who set up today...:rolleyes: ). It may be closer to 4pm til I can get to the chat...or, sadly...not make it at all. My mom asked if she could come with me to the store so she can get some groceries too ( the price of gas may be coming down abit, but when one can "carpool" to save alittle ;)...). Which, who would tell their mom, "NO, you can't" !? It takes her alittle longer to get around and do things ( everyday things )...Oh, she does well, but it just takes her a wee bit longer than someone who doesn't wear a prosthetic leg.
So I hope to catch yas and if not....you ladies have fun and we'll try this again !!

Take Care & Hugs,
Christy

Dear friend,

Do not worry, the family is the most important thing in our lives.
Nothing happens by chance ...
Much love, much peace and a great Sunday for all of us !!!!!
:cool: Muito carinho do Brasil:cool:

Lucia Helena
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Tracy, I am not able to access the CHAT.
Technical problems?

Christy
10-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Lucia...and ALL !

I can't get on / in the chat room either...mmmhhh

asmay
10-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I couldn't get in either. What a pity! :cry:Well, we'll try again (tomorrow perhaps?).

ostarella
10-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Maybe there's some changes or upgrades being made - you know how *some people* love to tinker ;) :D

Christy
10-18-2008, 04:31 PM
:))....we can hope that's what it is...:D ;)

Darrell Lawrence
10-18-2008, 07:06 PM
No one tinkering that I know of, and I just entered ok...

asmay
10-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Thank you Warrior! Yesterday the screen remained blank :cry:: it just wouldn't start up, but today I got in without a problem.:) Probably just a temporary glitch. :p

bibbi
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
I gotta drop in have a chat. :)
When's everybody dropping in?

Lucia Helena
10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I gotta drop in have a chat. :)
When's everybody dropping in?

I love your new picture!!
I love Starbuck ...
I'm always in the Chat ... Find me. :cool:
A kiss from Brazil

bibbi
10-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I love your new picture!!
I love Starbuck ...
I'm always in the Chat ... Find me. :cool:
A kiss from Brazil

THANK YOU :D
I'll find you.
A kiss from Canada.:)
*I love Starbuck too...I confess I'm a Starbuckaholic.*;)

shastastar
10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Chat Record yesterday... SO FUN!!!!

We need to start a schedule. I would propose Sunday 3pm CST ( North America) as this was close to when we were all on yesterday....maybe every two weeks or so? So like next one 11/9 when the election madness here in the US will be over? Let me know what you all think

Shastastar

Lucia Helena
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Chat Record yesterday... SO FUN!!!!

We need to start a schedule. I would propose Sunday 3pm CST ( North America) as this was close to when we were all on yesterday....maybe every two weeks or so? So like next one 11/9 when the election madness here in the US will be over? Let me know what you all think

Shastastar

I loved your idea!!!!

asmay
10-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Great idea! :D Let's keep on improving that record! :cool: Maybe that is the best time for most of us.

Though I'll probably check in every odd Sunday (when I can) anyway, just to see if anyone's there. :) (I mean, let's not limit ourselves to only every two weeks to find someone for a chat. This chatflash is an opportunity too good to let go!) ;)

shastastar
11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Chat tomorrow all!!!! around 4 PM central US time, come early and stay late!!!!! It's a lot of fun and we have had really nice groups the last two sundays.... everyone welcome!!!! Remember the US changed time last week, so I don't know what that translates to for everyone else ( we went off daylight savings time)

I guess central time is GMT -6 if that helps everyone...

Hope everyone has had a great week
Cheers
Shastastar

asmay
11-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Okay, will meet you in the chatroom! :D

Lucia Helena
11-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Chat tomorrow all!!!! around 4 PM central US time, come early and stay late!!!!! It's a lot of fun and we have had really nice groups the last two sundays.... everyone welcome!!!! Remember the US changed time last week, so I don't know what that translates to for everyone else ( we went off daylight savings time)
I guess central time is GMT -6 if that helps everyone...
Hope everyone has had a great week
Cheers
Shastastar

Good morning to all !!!!!
Certainly be there ...
I am very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww::rolleyes:,patience with me! LOL LOL LOL :D
I love you all!!

bibbi
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Gotta figure out when's a good time for me to come in and chat. :confused: I think I can probably do that next Sunday. I'll be home all day.

asmay
11-10-2008, 01:57 AM
That would be great! :cool: We had a very nice chat again yesterday, but the more, the merrier ....:D:p

Lucia Helena
11-10-2008, 02:40 AM
That would be great! :cool: We had a very nice chat again yesterday, but the more, the merrier ....:D:p

Really amazing, I have to agree with you Asmay!
United States, Germany, Brazil, Holland, England, WOW!! ALL united in a single chat !!!!!:cool::D:);):p

bibbi
11-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Looking forward to chatting with as many people as possible. :D

Tracy
11-16-2008, 10:55 AM
It's 11am CST so I'm going to pop in there now for a while and see if anyone shows up :)

asmay
11-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry I missed you all!!! :cry:. By the time I could join today there was no-one left .....:o:(:cry:

But better luck next time, I hope, will check in a bit earlier then (if possible).;)

deebeelicious
11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry to have missed you Asmay. :( I'm signing off now for the night now! Wishing you all a peaceful night! :)

bibbi
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Drat! I missed it. :(
Going to try to make it for the next one. ;)