PDA

View Full Version : Language Translators

Darrell Lawrence
07-22-2008, 08:21 PM
I know not everyone here is fluent in English, so with that in mind, I'd like to start a link page to Language Translators online.

I know of http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

If you know of others, please list them. We want to be able to have the best, clearest interaction with each other as possible.

Thank you.

John Pickard
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Google offers one, too:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

I am
Dawg

Lucia Helena
07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
I know not everyone here is fluent in English, so with that in mind, I'd like to start a link page to Language Translators online.

I know of http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

If you know of others, please list them. We want to be able to have the best, clearest interaction with each other as possible.

Thank you.

Dear Warrior

You had a big idea!
As do not I dominate his language, I appeal the translation online.
To Tracy kindly translated my words utilizing this site:http://ets.freetranslation.com/
The only problem is that the translation done not stay entirely perfect.
I felt a lot difficulty, but I am satisfied in be able to communicate myself with persons of others countries.
Do not we speak to same language, do not we live in the same country, but we are all of brothers and we inhabit in this pretty blue planet... Nowadays nothing can stop the communication, to be
not we even...

ostarella
07-23-2008, 12:06 AM
I use freetranslation.com (http://freetranslation.com)

I used to use Babelfish but I became dissatisfied for some reason (darned if I can remember why now :p). I translate first from English to whatever language I need, then take that and translate it back to English. That lets me know if I need to find a different English word here and there so it makes more sense. At least, I hope it does. :oops:

Tracy
07-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Freetranslation.com seems to be a bit better than Babelfish. As Lucia said, it's not 100% accurate in the translation, but for the most part, you get the "gist".
And see? She used freetranslation and I was able to understand most of her Portugese to English ;)
Wow, Dirk's fans are EVERYWHERE!!!! :o

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D

Lucia Helena
07-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Freetranslation.com seems to be a bit better than Babelfish. As Lucia said, it's not 100% accurate in the translation, but for the most part, you get the "gist".
And see? She used freetranslation and I was able to understand most of her Portugese to English ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D

Hello Tracy dear

You do not imagine as I stayed happy in know, that my words and ideas can be understood in the essence.
You as Ostarella were the first it maintain with me a communication utilizing my language, that is very difficult.
Everything we do for the importance of the friendship and by the admiration and affection to the ours dear Dirk.
God extend his graces to everybody we! !!!
Kisses brazilians in the heart of everybody! !!!!!

bibbi
07-24-2008, 08:29 PM
It's wonderful to see Dirk fans from all over the world here. He's well loved everywhere. :D I'm glad there are the language translation programmes to help those who need it. :)

ostarella
07-25-2008, 12:28 AM

Anybody ever map out where our members are? Visuals - must have visuals! :))

ostarella
07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I've found another translating site that seems to work fairly well also:

http://www.online-translator.com/Default.aspx/Text

bibbi
07-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I tried that site out. I speak English and German fluently. ;)
It didn't have the translation exactly right. I really had to laugh at some of the translations. :))

Lucia Helena
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
I tried that site out. I speak English and German fluently. ;)
It didn't have the translation exactly right. I really had to laugh at some of the translations. :))

Hello my friend, are you well?
I still feel difficulty in getting in touch with all, since I depend on the translation of these sites to show my ideas.
I am afraid that the translation is altered, and that I use the evil of a word I could offend someone.
It is a very good knowledge that almost they all already know the deficiency of these sites.
Even so, I will continue communicating through them, since it is very good to be here for the new friends and for adorable Dirk, it is clear!!!!
Brazilian greetings!!!!!!!;)

bibbi
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Hello my friend, are you well?
I still feel difficulty in getting in touch with all, since I depend on the translation of these sites to show my ideas.
I am afraid that the translation is altered, and that I use the evil of a word I could offend someone.
It is a very good knowledge that almost they all already know the deficiency of these sites.
Even so, I will continue communicating through them, since it is very good to be here for the new friends and for adorable Dirk, it is clear!!!!
Brazilian greetings!!!!!!!;)

I'm very well. Thank You. :)
Don't worry. I'm sure you're not going to offend anyone. ;)
Greetings to you too! :)

ostarella
07-30-2008, 12:42 AM

You do very well! I have to admit, some of the words don't come out the way I plan, either - so then I have to think of a different word and try it again - most of the time that works, other times... :rolleyes:

Você faz muito bem! Tenho de admitir, algumas palavras não saem o modo que planejo, qualquer - tão então tenho de pensar em uma palavra diferente e tentá-lo novamente - a maior parte do tempo que trabalha, outros tempos...:rolleyes:

Darrell Lawrence
07-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Even some of us that are raised in speaking English can't write (type) or read it correctly sometimes.

I am truly impressed with those that learn more than one language and/or seek to communicate in more than one language, given the barriers.

Lucia Helena
07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
You do very well! I have to admit, some of the words don't come out the way I plan, either - so then I have to think of a different word and try it again - most of the time that works, other times... :rolleyes:
Você faz muito bem! Tenho de admitir, algumas palavras não saem o modo que planejo, qualquer - tão então tenho de pensar em uma palavra diferente e tentá-lo novamente - a maior parte do tempo que trabalha, outros tempos...:rolleyes:

Dear Ostarella,
what do not we do for the friends, is not even?
When we have friends, we learn how to know them better because we see them with the eyes of the heart.
And heart does not have borders...
I feel more and more happy by be here... :D

bibbi
07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Dear Ostarella,
what do not we do for the friends, is not even?
When we have friends, we learn how to know them better because we see them with the eyes of the heart.
And heart does not have borders...
I feel more and more happy by be here... :D

That's a beautiful sentiment. :)

Isto é um belo sentimento. :)

Lucia Helena
07-31-2008, 07:23 PM
That's a beautiful sentiment. :)

Isto é um belo sentimento. :)

Mine dear friend Bibbinut...
A lot obliged by its words again!
Congratulations! !!! Its translation is perfect! This is marvelous! !!!!
;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););):cool:

bibbi
08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
You're most welcome! :)

Você é bem-vindo mais! :)

Lucia Helena
08-02-2008, 09:55 AM
You're most welcome! :)

Você é bem-vindo mais! :)

Very it obliged again...
I desire that its end of week be very special! !!!
God blesses you!!!

MrsSpooky
08-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Sorry I'm late to the discussion. One thing I've found fascinating about these web translation services is that they are not very smart. They do their best to do a word-by-word translation from one language to another.

The syntax is always wrong, but there lies the fascination. They do offer an insight into how another language is structured. Those of us who speak English string our words together one way, while another language does it differently. I think things like this are helpful for those who are thinking of learning another language - helps to avoid the mistake of wanting to structure our sentences in that language the same as we do in English.

WAY too cool! :D

Lucia Helena
08-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Dear friend
I liked very of his words does very sense what do you say.
I do not dominate the English language, but I am fascinated in be able to do new friends and to be understood with several errors of syntax.
As usual I say, I am happy by be here.
A Brazilian embrace for you...
LUCIA

Lucia Helena
08-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Sorry I'm late to the discussion. One thing I've found fascinating about these web translation services is that they are not very smart. They do their best to do a word-by-word translation from one language to another.
The syntax is always wrong, but there lies the fascination. They do offer an insight into how another language is structured. Those of us who speak English string our words together one way, while another language does it differently. I think things like this are helpful for those who are thinking of learning another language - helps to avoid the mistake of wanting to structure our sentences in that language the same as we do in English.
WAY too cool! :D
Dear friend I liked very of his words does very sense what do you say. I do not dominate the English language, but I am fascinated in be able to do new friends and to be understood with several errors of grammar. As usual I say, I am happy by be here. A Brazilian embrace for you. ...