PDA

View Full Version : Pfingsten / Mothersday

Petra
05-08-2008, 01:43 AM
Hello to All,
on Sunday and Monday we will have Pfingsten in Germany.
On Monday it's free :), don't work!!!:)

Pfingsten is a christ. Day, where the Holy Ghost came to the Apostel
(in the New Testament).

And on Sunday we will have Mothersday!

Do you have Pfingsten, too?

Many Greetings

Petra

N2711R
05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi Petra,
Pfingsten, the day the Holy Spirit came to the Apostles, is celebrated here, too. It is called Pentecost. It has been my experience that in Switzerland and Germany Pentecost is a rather important day, whereas here in the States, it is often mentioned almost as a side note. However, I'm sure that the importance attributed to this day largely depends on the denomination of church you attend.

The Monday after Pentecost, however, is a regular work day over here. Have a wonderful weekend, happy Mother's Day, and enjoy your time off on Monday!

Greetings, Reni

ani
05-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Ack yeah I'd actually never really heard of Pentecost *blush*

I am looking forward to Mother's Day.
I have the most terrific mother and I like doing things for her because she's been stressed and recently decided, I have no idea why, that she was a terrible mother :o

I mean yeah she can nitpick and micromange and we've had our fights, but she was *THERE* She worked, but she was always there and I always knew I could talk to her and go to her if I got into trouble.

And now I think she's just awesome because now that all the kids are in college (or beyond) she's been President Elect of Lamaze International, President of Lamaze International and she just got nominated to run for a chair on a breastfeeding group somehow related to DC but I don't understand it.

So you know, she is a great example of what being a woman can be.
And I love hanging with her now that we are both adults.

Darrell Lawrence
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
You folks do know you can add events to the Calendar, right? ;)

ostarella
05-08-2008, 06:08 PM
So you know, she is a great example of what being a woman can be.
And I love hanging with her now that we are both adults.

Good for you! Mothers aren't perfect, but 99% do the very best job they know how to. And my annual admonition to all whose mothers are still around - appreciate them! Tell them you do. Show them.

I wish I could...

Tracy
05-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Good for you! Mothers aren't perfect, but 99% do the very best job they know how to. And my annual admonition to all whose mothers are still around - appreciate them! Tell them you do. Show them.

I wish I could...

I never really understood my Mom until I became one myself.
It's a truly selfless endeavour and although my Mom and I had our head-butt moments, I now understand why she is the Mom she is.
Ani, your Mom sounds great and she should be very proud of her accomplishments :)

I won't be with my own Mom on Sunday, as she's flown out to be with my sister who's back east. We had our Mom's Day last Sunday :)

But yes ostarella you are so right. Everyone tell your Moms how much you appreciate them, not just on Mother's Day, but everyday ;)

bibbi
05-09-2008, 09:41 AM
I remember my Mother every Mother's day. She died a few years ago. She still lives on in my memories and in my heart. I miss her.

ostarella
05-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Happy Mother's day all. I was waiting for my son to call, but instead we got on AIM and he sent me a short vid he made for Mother's Day - only time he gets mushy ;) But now I have that to look at and listen to when I get one of those "why isn't he closer?" moments :oops:

Hope you all had a wonderful day.