PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter's Art

Tracy
03-22-2008, 11:34 PM
My oldest daughter has been sketching for about 5 years now. She's 13.
She showcases her sketches over on Deviant Art, but the proud Mama that I am, I wanted to show off some of her stuff here :)
Her dream is to go to Art College and do this for a living. :)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/odonaill/scan0004.jpg

Tracy
03-22-2008, 11:36 PM
And another....http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/odonaill/scan0001.jpg

Tracy
03-22-2008, 11:37 PM
One more :)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/odonaill/Julius.jpg

Petra
03-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Hello Tracy,
the sketches are very very good! :) Your doughter is really talented!

You can be really proud of her!!!!

I wish you a HAPPY EASTER!

Many Greetings

Petra

Tracy
03-23-2008, 01:43 AM
This is one of my favorites :)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/odonaill/wolf.jpg

Tracy
03-23-2008, 01:44 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/odonaill/warriorgirl.jpg

Tracy
03-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Hello Tracy,
the sketches are very very good! :) Your doughter is really talented!

You can be really proud of her!!!!

I wish you a HAPPY EASTER!

Many Greetings

Petra

Hi Petra :)
I am very proud of her and thanks :)
Happy Easter to you as well :D

Flash
03-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Wow Tracy, I'm speechless :o Those sketches are brilliant, and to think that she's only 13! If that isn't a talent to use in life, I don't know what is, you can be really proud of her. The art college is certainly calling here :) All the best for your daughter, I hope she will be very successfull with her art!

Happy Easter to all your family! :)
Karin

John Pickard
03-23-2008, 03:21 PM
She's good, Tracy. She deserved all the encouragement she can get.

I am
Dawg

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
03-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Wow very cool!!! I am jealous... I could not make decent drawings... I got stuck with drawings that normally 5 year old kids make!

ani
03-23-2008, 07:01 PM
WOW!
She's a good deal better than I was at her age

http://www.oshinchan.com/art/oldart/vampires.jpg

Heck, I think I was older than your daughter when I sketched these because they're from the Vampire Chronicles and NO WAY did my parents let me read that at 13, So I woulda been 16 or 17 when I drew these! :o
(I'm not one of your extremely gifted as a youngen artists, I just had too much of an ego to be discouraged :oops:)

So if you daughter keeps at it she'll be amazing! I wish I'd had her dedication talent and dedication at 13!

Is she taking an art classes? If you can get her into a life drawing class, that would be a great thing because you learn so much from drawing still life and such. They're boring but they help a lot if she really wants to be professional. Also anatomy books and drawing real people.

Oh! And learning computer programs, because most of the art jobs these day require knowledge of computer art programs.

Tracy
03-23-2008, 07:17 PM
WOW!
She's a good deal better than I was at her age

http://www.oshinchan.com/art/oldart/vampires.jpg

Heck, I think I was older than your daughter when I sketched these because they're from the Vampire Chronicles and NO WAY did my parents let me read that at 13, So I woulda been 16 or 17 when I drew these! :o
(I'm not one of your extremely gifted as a youngen artists, I just had too much of an ego to be discouraged :oops:)

So if you daughter keeps at it she'll be amazing! I wish I'd had her dedication talent and dedication at 13!

Is she taking an art classes? If you can get her into a life drawing class, that would be a great thing because you learn so much from drawing still life and such. They're boring but they help a lot if she really wants to be professional. Also anatomy books and drawing real people.

Oh! And learning computer programs, because most of the art jobs these day require knowledge of computer art programs.

You're pretty good yourself ;)
She's never taken an art class. She will be able to in 9th grade, starting in September. She's chomping at the bit. My Mom just bought her an easel and a landscape book for Easter. She's done charcoals before ( those I bought her for Xmas and she dabbled ). I guess because of her age and interest, Anime seems to be her thing. And she's been after me for an art program, although I'm not really sure what would be the best sort of program for her :confused:

I can't get her to STOP drawing. She has a tote bag full of her sketch pad and pencils she takes EVERYWHERE. Maybe if she didn't constantly draw in Math class, her mark would be better ;)

And thanks everyone for the kind feedback. :)
Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend ;)

ostarella
03-24-2008, 08:16 AM
I just saw these - have to agree with the other comments - she's extremely talented. No art classes? Amazing. Not only the talent, but the dedication. :)

bibbi
03-24-2008, 12:44 PM
These are wonderful! :) I agree with the comments too. Natural artistic talent should always be encouraged. :)

ani
03-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Amazing. Not only the talent, but the dedication. :)

And intelligence! Not just in how she draws (though her anatomy and lighting show a solid intellectual grasp of such things), but in pursuing classes and tyring new things!

Be sure to talk to her about her art teacher though, make sure you know how that woman is. There's such a bias against anime art, and while true, it can't be all a kid draws in an art class (art class stills chool so some art projects are boring as all get out) I've heard and experienced some true horror stories about how some art teachers handles anime art.

They'll attack the art flat out rather than try and talk or educuate.

Some art teachers get so blinded by the marketing side of art that they forget it's really about self exploration ESPECIALLY at that age!

Tracy
03-24-2008, 02:33 PM
And intelligence! Not just in how she draws (though her anatomy and lighting show a solid intellectual grasp of such things), but in pursuing classes and tyring new things!

Be sure to talk to her about her art teacher though, make sure you know how that woman is. There's such a bias against anime art, and while true, it can't be all a kid draws in an art class (art class stills chool so some art projects are boring as all get out) I've heard and experienced some true horror stories about how some art teachers handles anime art.

They'll attack the art flat out rather than try and talk or educuate.

Some art teachers get so blinded by the marketing side of art that they forget it's really about self exploration ESPECIALLY at that age!

The art teacher she'll have next year has a great rep. He's just a young guy, in his late 20's, early 30's. One of the high school kids I work with took his class ( she also draws anime ) and he was very open to it. She did say that some of what he's ( I guess ) *required* to teach, my daughter would probably find boring. But then again...ALL high school classes have their boring parts ;)

She's also been asked to paint a mural on one of the high school walls ( our High School is full of murals done by art students, one dating back to my senior class ) but she doesn't think she's ready for that.

Arciris
03-25-2008, 04:23 AM
Wow, Tracy!! Your daughter is an artist!!
Incredible pictures from her!
Congratulations to her and to you for these beautiful talent. Art is sensibility, is love, is peace, is intelligence.
Thanks for share this with us.
;);)
Fantastic!!!
Up with this!!

Nacky
03-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Great drawings from both Tracy's daughter and Ani! Me likey, me likey! :D

sara
03-25-2008, 06:25 AM
What a talented girl!!!!!:):):)

Really really cool.. She's very skilled, and the drawing shows she's got a very strong and original personality!

dbukfan
03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Tracy,

Thank you for sharin' those fav. piccies with us..You must be so proud:D.

Su...x

UKJules
03-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Tracy.....;)

The pictures are absolutely fantastic;) Your daughter has a natural gift and is so talented.....;) I hope her school encourages her artisitic talents and nurtures her skills.......;) The sky's the limit.....I'm sure she will go far.....;)

My eldest daughter's artisitc......She is hoping to go to Uni to do a degree in fashion;) She's starting art classes at a local art studio so she can create a portfolio, which will hopefully help her get into her chosen Uni. She has been advised to also do life drawing.....Apparently it's all to do with how you interpret things on paper. This is on the advice from her school......Eventually she wants to be a fashion buyer and travel the world or work as a fashion journalist.....:confused: :confused::confused: Who knows......WE just have to encourage them:confused:

Oh......by the way....I have twin 13 year old daughters.....!!

Take care

Jules x