PDA

View Full Version : St. Paddy's

Tracy
03-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Well..seeing as how my ENTIRE family is from Ireland ( and have the Belfast drawl to prove it ), St. Patrick's Day ( March 17th ) has always been a big "holiday" ( par-tay ;)) for us.

I have come to learn, throughout my life and all those from different nationalities I have met, that nobody parties like the Irish do. Hence, why there are more Pubs in Ireland than Churches ( and there's a church on every block ).

So this Paddy's Day, like all the rest, I will be drowing the Shamrock, saluting St. Paddy himself, and asking the good Lord for forgiveness the next morning.;)

And remember even if yer Irish 'er not...there's a little Irish in all of us. So kick up yer heels, make merry, enjoy life to the fullest and may you all find yer pot of gold at the end of your rainbow.:D

Slainte!

bibbi
03-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Well..seeing as how my ENTIRE family is from Ireland ( and have the Belfast drawl to prove it ), St. Patrick's Day ( March 17th ) has always been a big "holiday" ( par-tay ;)) for us.

I have come to learn, throughout my life and all those from different nationalities I have met, that nobody parties like the Irish do. Hence, why there are more Pubs in Ireland than Churches ( and there's a church on every block ).

So this Paddy's Day, like all the rest, I will be drowing the Shamrock, saluting St. Paddy himself, and asking the good Lord for forgiveness the next morning.;)

And remember even if yer Irish 'er not...there's a little Irish in all of us. So kick up yer heels, make merry, enjoy life to the fullest and may you all find yer pot of gold at the end of your rainbow.:D

Slainte!

Tracy!
Happy St. Paddy's day.
I'm part Irish myself...well actually 1/10! :D
I'm 8/10 German and 1/10 Irish and 1/10 Scottish. :D
*what a mixture, eh?* >:)
*starts looking for the pot of gold at end of the rainbow* ;) :D

Darrell Lawrence
03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Attached is a photo showing what is at the end of a rainbow.

ostarella
03-15-2008, 01:08 PM
There's definitely no one who can party like the Irish - if you've ever been to an Irish wake, you'll know what I mean. :o

Flash
03-15-2008, 04:19 PM

*LOL* Now that is very disillusioning, Warrior! Hope that wasn't 'your' rainbow :))

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! :)

bibbi
03-17-2008, 09:59 AM

PMSL ...Warrior that photo is hilarious. :))

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S TO ALL! :D
*where's a leprechaun when you want one?* ;)

UKJules
03-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Wishing you all a happy St. Patrick's Day;)

I've been lucky enough to go to Ireland.......It's a great place to go ......such friendly people;)

& yes..... they certainly know how to celebrate.....;)

Did you know Dirk's birthday was on St. David's Day.....:confused: Click the link for more info.......:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._David%27s_Day

Jules x

John Pickard
03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day.

The one day a year you can wear a Scottish tartan and claim to be Irish!!

;)

I am
Dawg

Denise Ross
03-18-2008, 10:22 AM
I know what you mean Tracy! My dad's family hails from County Cork in Ireland although he is no longer with us the traditions still are. Erin Go Bragh

sara
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
That's great!!!!
Happy belated St. Patrick's day!!
What a wonderful country, Ireland!!

Well.. my horse is Irish!! (you know, his face is on my avatar)
His hair is as red as mine!!;)

His name is King Patrick, and he was born in Ireland by Mary King's breeding.

He has always been called Paddy.. so I've always called him like that, wondering what it meant. Now I know it! It's a nickname for "Patrick"??:D