PDA

View Full Version : South Africa

NicoleDutch
02-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Hey there,

5 days to go...March 6th is the big day. As promised some more information about the trip. I'll keep you guys informed and will post photos afterwards. Most of our trip is fair trade so we will make a contribution to the people and country itself.

19 days
SOUTH AFRICA:

Day 1: Flight Amsterdam – Johannesburg (10.00 am – 20.45 pm).
After the flight we drive over to Pretoria where we sleep in a hotel.

Day 2: We need to get up early cause this day we'll drive to a Citrusfarm (fair trade). We’ll get the chance to meet the workers on the farm. We’ll lunch all together. After that we'll leave to Makhado. We’ll drive through the beautiful Soutpansmountains area. In the afternoon we arrive at a beautiful lakeside lodge.

Day 3: Still at Makhado, which gives us the opportunity to hike and check out the beautiful area. This day includes a sunsetcruise to find some crocs.

Day 4: We leave Makhado to go to the world famous Krugerpark. We arrive there in the evening.

Day 5: Krugerpark: This day includes a jeep safari and night safari.

Day 6: We leave the Krugerpark driving through some real hotspots: Bourke’s Luck Potholes, God’s window. That night we sleep near Numbi gate in a lodge.

SWAZILAND
Day 7/8: We’ll drive to Shewula mountain camp in Swaziland. We’ll sleep in wooden cabins and check out a local (very poor) town. Lots of opportunities to hike.

Day 9/10: Mlilwana National Park: This small wild camp includes lots of animals. We can choose what to do: go on a jeep safari, hike, raft, adventure caving, horse riding etc etc.

SOUTH AFRICA

Day 11: Ithala Wildpark/ KwaZulu Natal: Another small wild park. We stay in really special cabins made of reet. We have to crawl to get inside!

Day 12: We leave KwaZulu Natal and go to St. Lucia. We arrive there in the afternoon.

Day 13: Checking out the wetlands of St. Lucia by boat. The wetlands are known because it’s a common place for hippo’s and crocs. This day also includes a hike through the area.

Day 14: We leave St. Lucia and drive to Durban. From there we take a plane to Cape Town where we arrive in the afternoon.

Day 15, 16, 17, 18: Cape town. The days in Cape town include: climbing the Table mountain, walk to cape point, (maybe) a boattrip to find Sharks.

Day 18: Night flight from Cape town to Amsterdam.

Day 19: Arriving in Amsterdam

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Sounds very exciting!!!! Stay safe! They have there too much elephants and lions...

NicoleDutch
02-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Sounds very exciting!!!! Stay safe! They have there too much elephants and lions...

Thank you!!! of dankjewel!!

dbukfan
02-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Hoi Nicole

Sounds Fantastic.....Have a Great Time....Blow few kisses up the sky to us when you're flyin' down below:D

Have a Good Trip and Safe Journey

Aurevior
Kus

Su..x

NicoleDutch
02-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks Su!! :):)

UKJules
02-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Nicole Dutch.....:D;):)

Thank you for the information:D;) It sounds like you'll have a holiday of a lifetime;) I look forward to seeing your posts and photos.....How exciting:D;):)

You said most of the trip is Fair Trade....:confused: That's such a worth while cause, making sure the farmers are paid fairly for the goods they supply;) At my daughters school they run a weekly Fair Trade stall selling things like chocolate, coffee & cookies. I think it's a good thing making sure the farmers are paid what they deserve.

Have a wonderful time

Best wishes

Jules x

xRamona
02-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Nicole! Klinkt leuk! :D

Ben jaloers.. ze hebben het alleen maar over regen de aankomende dagen hier in Nederland.. -.-'
Nouja veel plezier, hoop dat je nog wat mooie dieren spot! :D

---

Translation for the people who don't speak Dutch (A) :

Nicole! Sounds great! :D

I'm jealous. It'll be nothing else but rain here in the Netherlands, the next few days.
Anyway, have fun, I hope you'll see a few wild animals..! :D

Love/Liefs,

Ramona.

NicoleDutch
03-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Dankjewel Ramona!! The weather in Holland sucks at the moment, lol. I'll promise to send some of the warm weather your way!

Thanks Jules! I'm glad I am able to do something for the farmers. Fairtrade is a very good thing. We will also stay in fairtrade lodges and everything. Besides this, my friend and I bring some toys for the kids in some of the local towns. A few young kids down my street have donated some of their toys! Very cool.

Arciris
03-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Wow, Nicole!:)
Thanks so much also for all the news about your trip! They must be very interesting to do!!
I think Africa is a incredible continent but with bad luck in many aspects. We understand to me...Enjoy it and this authentic experience!
A very good trip for you and we hope your return because you explain all the beautiful experiences you'll live there!!
Kisses!!
;);)

NicoleDutch
03-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Wow, Nicole!:)
Thanks so much also for all the news about your trip! They must be very interesting to do!!
I think Africa is a incredible continent but with bad luck in many aspects. We understand to me...Enjoy it and this authentic experience!
A very good trip for you and we hope your return because you explain all the beautiful experiences you'll live there!!
Kisses!!
;);)

Thanks! I'll let you know all about it!

bibbi
03-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Nicole! :)

Hope you have a GREAT TIME! :)

Hugs,
Anne :)

NicoleDutch
03-03-2008, 04:09 AM
Hi Nicole! :)

Hope you have a GREAT TIME! :)

Hugs,
Anne :)

Thanks Anne!! :)

Petra
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Dear Nicole,
I wish you a very very good trip, GUTE REISE :)

Many Greetings

Petra

sara
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
WOW Nicole!
Really exciting!!! Enjoy yourself and then send us your pics!;)

NicoleDutch
03-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Danke Petra!! ;)

Thanks Sara!! :)

I'm about to get packed...just one more day left! :)

sara
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!!!!!!:D:D

and.. do NOT forget us!!;)

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
03-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Think about us when you get chased by an Elephant hahaha!

NicoleDutch
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM

Lol, I will! It's snake season so we might actually be chased by snakes...SNAKES!!

Won't forget you guys;)

NicoleDutch
03-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Am packed and ready to go! Backpack is very very heavy, lol.

I might be checking in on you guys from Africa! Goodbye for now

sara
03-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Goodbye!!!!:):):):):):):):)

NicoleDutch
03-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Hey guys, I'm back! Tears in my eyes and pain in my heart...God I miss Africa already. What an experience...we've been through so much. We've seen so much!!

Here's a link with some of the best photos. We have about 1200 photos so believe me, this is just a small collection.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/GNicoleG/South%20Africa/

NicoleDutch
03-26-2008, 07:14 AM

Believe it or not...we have been chased by an agressive elephant. LOL. I was too busy getting my ass away. No time to think of you guys, sorry.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
03-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Ooooo dat meen je niet!!!! Gelukkig ben je veilig thuis gekomen!!!

Welcome back!

NicoleDutch
03-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Ooooo dat meen je niet!!!! Gelukkig ben je veilig thuis gekomen!!!

Welcome back!

Thanks! Ja echt waar! Lol