PDA

View Full Version : Macrobiotic Cooking Videos!!!

Hladgunnr
02-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Wow! I'm so excited! I just stumbled upon these videos today. They are well done and informative cooking videos with Macrobiotic foods.

Enjoy!

http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/488_macrobiotics.htm

-=Hladgunnr=-

ostarella
02-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Geez, that's just what I need - someone (thing) to "hold my hand" while I figure out the cooking part! :p Stuff you can just throw together, I'm great at - stuff where there are actually procedures :cry: Thanks for posting that :)

deebeelicious
02-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Fab find - and thanks so much for sharing! :)

Christy
02-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, Thank You !...from me too!

Ostarella...I'm with you. When a recipe is just throwing things together...I'm not scared...LOL ! 9 times out of 10...they come out great for me !!! But when it gets into more ingredients / more complicated preparation...well, it's more like 1 in 10 that works out. *Big sigh*

Take Care & Hugs,
Christy

I'll just keep trying my best...*wink*

ostarella
02-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh, isn't that aggravating? I think I just need a crutch. :p I used to be able to whip up pie crusts that were soooo flaky and nice - but my mom was always right there in the kitchen with me. Even if she never said a word. Now, on my own - gad, I throw away more crust than we eat. :rolleyes:

Christy
02-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes...very aggravating! I have never attempted to make a pie crust...I've watched my mom (her's too turn out flaky and so perfect!), my sister and yes, even 2 of my nieces (all three do a pretty good job...close to what mom does)...but I won't go there!

ostarella
02-25-2008, 04:20 PM
I have to admit, part of my problem with cooking at all is I just don't feel like it most of the time. I mean, there's only me, so... And then when the family comes home, I get so nervous about them making fun of my cooking, I end up giving them something to laugh at anyway. I can't win! :o

Christy
02-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh, how I know what you mean !!! *sigh* Yeah, it's just me too. I do "help" when my family and I get together for meals...but that's different...it's just them and me and they really don't give me any "grief" over my cooking. Now, my ex-husband was a different story...he'd pick and aggravate me ! *insert rolling eyes smilie here* Teasing is one thing but I couldn't make ANYTHING like his grandmother or his mother ! Sort of discouraged me in doing much cooking for anyone but myself.

I'd like to meet a guy who see's my lack of cooking skills as an "adventurous challenge" in showing / teaching me ! *wink*

ostarella
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I'd rather just find one that cooks for me. I'll mow the lawn, he can handle the kitchen...:)):))

Christy
02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Hahahahaha !!!

Hladgunnr
02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
I'd rather just find one that cooks for me. I'll mow the lawn, he can handle the kitchen...:)):))

Could his name be Dirk Benedict? Anybody see him cooking on Big Brother? He's welcome to cook for me anytime!!!

:cool:

-=Hladgunnr=-

ostarella
02-26-2008, 09:26 AM
When I think about that fish he prepared - my mouth still waters :)

ojai22
02-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Thank you so much for the Macrobiotic videos! They are SUPER! :)

ojai22

asmay
04-24-2008, 08:50 AM
I fully agree, thanks a lot for tipping us on this website! Got quite a few good tips from the video's.:)

Actually, I'm a bit of a reluctant cook - it definitely is not my hobby. But one has to eat ...

To be honest, I think Ostarella is absolutely right: that would be my choice too!

bibbi
04-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm going to take a look at that website. I think everyone benefits from healthier eating habits.