PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolution - 2008

dbukfan
01-02-2008, 04:07 AM
Hi All Dear Friends

Hope you guys're happy as much as I do...despite of early bird/black eyes today :lol:

Just wonder what you guys got any New Year Resolution for 2008..(yet again :lol: ) like me :D ... :arrow: I plan to calm right down...think more positive, stay healthy and enjoy life even more :wink: ..& stop bein' workaholic :roll:..so I've already put some deposit down for Early Summer Holiday :oops: :wink: ...hooray!!....&..also plan for few more trips in 2008 too :D 8) :wink: ...yippee!!

Next, Pls!!

Thank you so much for sharin' yr thoughts with me.

Take care & Stay Happy :D

Su...x

Lily
01-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Quite simply, donate blood, I was scared etc...but a lovely ex workmate of mine ,Diane , used to regularly give blood but sadly last year, passed away, so i am going to take her place and donate blood, in her memory.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
01-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow Lily, that is very emotional!

And Su great ideas!

I'm trying to do nothing for free anymore... and I will try to earn some money, i'm so good for everybody that I will never get the money to buy Josiane...

And graduate this year! They are my 2 biggest goals!

bibbi
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I wish I could give blood. I can't because of my medication. :(

New Year's resolutions? *amongst the several I have here are few....and some of the most important...
1. Help those in need.
2. Help animals. I was doing some volunteer work today at the animal shelter and donated my computer tech services for free.
3. Meet Dirk and Tracy :D
4. Spend more time with my family and my friends.

UKJules
01-03-2008, 06:15 AM
My new years resolutions.........

stay healthy

more exercise.......walk some more

go away more with the kids.......they will soon be the age where they don't want to go on holiday with us anymore :!: I have already booked to go away at easter to the Dorset/Devon area and booked to go away in April for a couple days to Chester :wink: :!:

to meet Dirk if he comes to the UK :!: :!: :!:

try some more of the recipes in my MB cookery book

help support my daughter as much as I can through her GCSE exams and her next stage of her school life when she starts 6th form in September. Also to be equally as supportive to my other daughters in their schooling.

I could go on...........there are so many things to list........ :!: all we can do is try our best.....remember life is short.......we have to live each day to the full and grab each opportunity as it comes....... :wink:

Take care

Jules x

sara
01-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Thank you for this interesting topic, Su! :D

Well.. I think it's my turn...

1- Try to find a solution for my health
2- Graduate at Uni
3- Be more helpful at home
4- Forgive myself a bit more
5- Forgive Stef a bit more
6- Forgive the world a bit more

Next time I'll add more!! :wink:

dbukfan
01-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Thank you for this interesting topic, Su! :D

Well.. I think it's my turn...

1- Try to find a solution for my health
2- Graduate at Uni
3- Be more helpful at home
4- Forgive myself a bit more
5- Forgive Stef a bit more
6- Forgive the world a bit more

Next time I'll add more!! :wink:

Happy New Year Sara, Paddy & Stef :oops:

Soooo Nice to hear fr you again...Bring it on, sis :wink: ..those NYR-2008 lists...I love readin' all of them...still chuckle with few tears of Joy.....my all my lovely beautiful hearts's friends here...really make my Day :lol: :D :wink: :?: ..I'll add mine too when got spare quiet moment!! :roll:
Pls don't be too Hard on Stef...Man :?: You can and You can't live without Them...That's why :arrow: Man's from Mars and we, Woman's fr Venus..... :!: :?: 8)

LoL & Take care

Big HUGS & Positive Thoughts fr me to you, Sara :!:

Su..xx

sara
01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Ohhh lovely sweet Su.... :D
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!

You're always great... :wink:
About Mars and Venus...........I couldn't agree more :lol: :lol: ..............
I'll try to let it be... as you say "You can and You can't live without Them" :roll:

Any suggestion for the new year to make them grow up???? :lol: :lol: :wink:

bibbi
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Another New Year's resolution that I forgot was to work for/ with Dirk Benedict. :wink:

Arciris
01-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi!!
Wow, girls!! This is a very good post! I like your answers and some are very sentimental. I like them!!
Well..I want to change so many things of me :roll: .
To have a better health and the medical techniques improve to have better future.
To have more patience for all.
To be more fighter with my work and my relationships.
Don't forget as much to the friends, to see more them.
More exercise :shock: . I need very much it.
To have more good character.
Can to go to live with Jose and to have money for to pay the floor. :shock:

Ha ha ha, Su!! It's true! I agree like Sara about Mars and Venus. :lol: :lol: It's the best definition for our problems many times. :roll: :lol:

:wink: :wink:
I wish for all your wishes are fulfilled. :wink:

Arciris
01-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Soryy,I had forgotten it!!
Tracy, thanks so much for new format of the web!! New Year, New Web. :wink:
I like it very much.

sara
01-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Esther, I wish you to fulfill all your resolutions! All of them are so important (expecially the first one) and I'm sure you'll manage it with the help of luck and of people who love you! :D

BTW.. what a nice new avatar!! :wink:

Arciris
01-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks so much Sara!!!
You know, I wish for you the same about you know and all the rest. :wink: I think the future will be more good for us in this things. Sure!
And, evidently, I wish for all us the best wishes everything what you have mentioned here.
I wish in this 2008 a general think for all too, and many necessary in this time that we live now: PEACE.
Take care.

sara
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank you so much dear Esther!

We must be positive towards this new year..

It Italy we say "la vita come uno specchio ti sorride solo se la guardi sorridendo" = life is like a mirror: it smiles you if you look smiling at it. :wink:

ostarella
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
It Italy we say "la vita come uno specchio ti sorride solo se la guardi sorridendo" = life is like a mirror: it smiles you if you look smiling at it.

Hmm. Mine tend to break... 8)

:lol: :lol:

sara
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
It Italy we say "la vita come uno specchio ti sorride solo se la guardi sorridendo" = life is like a mirror: it smiles you if you look smiling at it.

Hmm. Mine tend to break... 8)

In this period I tend to keep my eyes closed in front of it!! :roll: :lol:

dbukfan
01-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Hi Guys :D

:arrow: As my NYR's still goin' so so strong...I now have planned to arrange few more family trips in 2008......startin' with Easter break..way hey :!: :D .... :wink: destination :arrow: Cornwall...plan to go fishin' with my littly....just the Three Happy Souls :D ...see, I keep up with my promise...more happy fam.time :!: ..can't wait now.... :arrow: Jules..may be..we'll bumpin' into the Cambs's fam. @ River Cott.Canteen...Voila :idea:

I feel much more positve this year than ever....really feel good about everything and so much inner strength and more determination/energy to go thru...any problems/obstacles..and to resolve any unhappy issues too...more organised :!: ..everything'll be good this year in Herts.....like beautiful Sunday, Blue sky @ my window :wink:

May I pass this warm Positive vibe to all my friends @ DBC espec. Sara :!:...& the others lovely buddies :D

Hugs & Kisses

Su...x

sara
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
VERY GOOD, Su!! :D
I'm really gald for you!
That will be interesting and really amusing! I wish I could see those places!! :roll:

I planned a few days in Schwarzwald (in Germany) with stef after my graduation, but I had to renounce. I must give up for one single simple reason: NO money. :cry: :cry:
Stupid government!!! :evil:

UKJules
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi all :D

Oh, Su you'll love Cornwall........great place to go :!: :!: Places to visit - Rick Stein's restaurant or his fish & chip shop......they are highly recommended :!: :!: Or if you fancy a bit of surfing.....Newquay......might be a bit cold though :!: :!: Boscastle is a nice little place to visit.....remember they had that major flood :?: :?: You'll have a fab time....... :!: :!: & fishing.......so therapeutic :!: :!: Enjoy :!: :!:

Me too feel more positive this year.....exactly the same as you :!: :!: & I'm doing the extra walking.......It is so good for you to get out in the fresh air and walk at a fast speed.......get your heart pumping faster........It makes you feel great :!: :!: (& the dogs love it too) :lol: :!:

Positive vibes all round......... :!: :!:

Jules x

dbukfan
01-11-2008, 03:44 AM
Hi all :D

Oh, Su you'll love Cornwall........great place to go :!: :!: Places to visit - Rick Stein's restaurant or his fish & chip shop......they are highly recommended :!: :!: Or if you fancy a bit of surfing.....Newquay......might be a bit cold though :!: :!: Boscastle is a nice little place to visit.....remember they had that major flood :?: :?: You'll have a fab time....... :!: :!: & fishing.......so therapeutic :!: :!: Enjoy :!: :!:

Me too feel more positive this year.....exactly the same as you :!: :!: & I'm doing the extra walking.......It is so good for you to get out in the fresh air and walk at a fast speed.......get your heart pumping faster........It makes you feel great :!: :!: (& the dogs love it too) :lol: :!:

Positive vibes all round......... :!: :!:

Jules x

Thanks Jules...for RS's bristo tip & so on...need to book table in advance, I guess :?: ...We'll try to organise nearer the time....just want to visit there so much :!: :idea:...my littly & us love seaside..finger cross for Nice Sunshine weather :?: , eh :!: ....prob. have to bring tons of clothes...for UK holiday :lol: 8) :? ....We'll see :idea:

Carry on with those Positive vibe fr Herts..to :arrow: Cams..to :arrow: all over UK...to :arrow: Holland..to :arrow: Barcelona..to :arrow: Italy..to :arrow: Germany...to :arrow: Canada..to :arrow: Montana :wink: ..to :arrow: USA..to :arrow: All over the world...way hey :lol: :D :wink:

Hugs & Kisses to all

Su...x

sara
01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm always waiting for you.......... Italy is on the list.........!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

UKJules
01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Su :arrow: Don't worry to much about booking a table......If you ring up they sometimes have cancelations :wink: I had to laugh about the clothes for UK holiday.......I think we may need our thermals :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Positive vibes to everyone......... :wink:

Take care

Jules x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Oo Sara, i'm so sorry you can't go to Schwarzwald... but! Maybe you can come with Fran this year to Holstein? In the summer?

My goal of being more assertive is quite intense... my new chef from the nwspaper about horses thinks i'm a dumb blond girl or something... my year subscription is turned back to 3 month's and I need to write 6 articles for free with no travelingscost's or cost's made by calling...
I told her that would be really unfair and I find it normal if she would give me the money I made on cost's from traveling and calling...
Off course no answer... :(

dbukfan
01-14-2008, 05:10 AM
Oo Sara, i'm so sorry you can't go to Schwarzwald... but! Maybe you can come with Fran this year to Holstein? In the summer?
My goal of being more assertive is quite intense... my new chef from the nwspaper about horses thinks i'm a dumb blond girl or something... my year subscription is turned back to 3 month's and I need to write 6 articles for free with no travelingscost's or cost's made by calling...
I told her that would be really unfair and I find it normal if she would give me the money I made on cost's from traveling and calling...
Off course no answer... :(

Hoi Adri

Hey...you'll always be a Smart Blonde girl :wink: ..in my eyes.....pls remember that 8)

:arrow: Best Wishes in 2008, which way of Life, you love to take off!!..Go for it..No regrets :wink: :arrow: My Positive Vibe's still goin' strong :lol: :wink: :!:

Kus & V.Liefs

Su...x

Arciris
01-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi!!
Oh, Su, it's fantastic your enthusiasm about this new year!! Yes, yes, yes, you make very well!! I'm sure that the sun will continued shining in your window and in your life. :wink:
I wish for all a good year in special in the health, family and work.

Sara.. :cry: about your and Stef travel..I understand to you very much..Not money..not good things..the pays are horrible.. :evil: But don't worry, :roll: we will have more luck in summer, sure!! :wink:

Adri, the same thing always..They want the people work for them but they don't give facilities and either money for traveling costs. Is a great mistery but the burocracy is this.. :evil: Good luck with this too. :wink:

Have a nice week!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
01-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Thank you Esther and Su, you made me smile!!! That is quite a difficult task in these days...

I haven't heared a thing from my new 'boss', I wonder if I will e-mail her again???

sara
01-14-2008, 09:48 AM
:arrow: Oh Adri, sometimes it's so hard to deal with bosses!!!! :evil:
They promise you everything in order to make you work... but then.... at the very moment... :x . I'm struggling for the same reasons more or less by my centre... :?
Please DO write him and ASK for what you deserve. DO NOT give up. It happened too often to me to let it go.. and then you feel very frustrated, believe me!!

Eh eh I wish I could come to Holstein.. but it's even more expensive and long than going to the Schwarzwald.. and I cannot afford it... :(

:arrow: I hope so Esther, but at the moment we're planning to work on our house.. so I'm afraid I'm going to have NO holidays this year.... :cry: I know it's nothing important, but you know.. sometimes it helps to give you relax! :lol:
Anyway.. doesn't matter!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
01-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Not now! But in the summer! Then you can see foals playing!

My boss sacked me... :( she was like a snake and found a horse forum were I showed my frustrations with no names... she took it personal and told me goodbye! She was sooooooooooooooooooooo low that I will not work for them again.
Somebody will ask tomorrow at a other newspaper if they have room for me...

LZaza
01-14-2008, 10:59 PM
I resolve to gain five pounds this year.

And only make achievable resolutions from here on in.

Lisa :D

dbukfan
01-15-2008, 04:48 AM
My boss sacked me... :( she was like a snake and found a horse forum were I showed my frustrations with no names... she took it personal and told me goodbye! She was sooooooooooooooooooooo low that I will not work for them again.

Hoi Adri :(

So sorry to hear about yr Bad :evil: news..soon soemthing'll turn up...pls don't feel down..It's Life...someday, you win...someday, you loose, my friend :?
Pls remain positive and continue with life...all in the past now....change is the Only thing in our life....that's unavoidable :roll: ...but just try to Pick yrself up...and...dust yrself off and carry on...I firmly believe that something Good'll turn up....Never Give Up :!: :!: :!: .

Take care
Kus

Su...x

sara
01-15-2008, 05:14 AM

Oh my dear.. I'm so sorry.. really really..
it's so bad to receive this treatment and it happens too often I'm afraid. I felt exploited more than once, without receiving what I was promised.. and it's really frustrating.
I'm sorry, cause it was an interesting opportunity for you, but don't feel sad: you've got a much more exciting job that waits for you in Holstein!!! Leave back all these stupid persons and concentrate on your dream becoming truth!! :wink:

In summer I think my wallet will not be so heavy to have such a trip yet.. but I'll come to you as soon as I can!!! :wink:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
01-15-2008, 06:52 AM
With allot of obstacles but it seems that is the way my live is going...
Su needs to find about my horoscope for this year...

For now I will buy the book ; The Secret - R. Byrne

bibbi
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
I think you'll bounce back very fast.
Another one of my New Year's resolutions is that all my family and friends have a fantastic New Year and everything improves for them.
I'm sure this will happen for you. :D

sara
01-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Be confident my dear.. you'll pass all obstacles.. and you''l reach your goal. Then you'll be even more proud of yourself :wink:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Thank you Sara and Anne!!!

bibbi
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I hope everyone gets really Good Luck for the New Year.
*I can't believe it's already the 23rd of January.* Where'd the time go? :?

Arciris
01-24-2008, 05:01 AM
Adrii, I didn't see your post of January 15..So sorry..But, like Anne, Su and Sara say..an other oportunity wll be rising for you, sure!! Sometimes a door is closing but a window is opening for our future. I'm sure that yes and you've many many years in front you for all your deams, projects and good things!
Bosses are many times .. :evil: bad people...
Take care!

sara
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
I hope everyone gets really Good Luck for the New Year.
*I can't believe it's already the 23rd of January.* Where'd the time go? :?

Well.. towards the 25th of January.. which is my birthday!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bibbi
02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Another New Year's resolution which I'm keeping. Post more at Dirk Benedict Central. :D

Lily
02-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Well I went and did my new years eve resolution, and gave blood, I had a kind of sign too because I had posted that I felt that i needed to take the place of the woman who had died, a man with the same surname was called ( and its not a common surname either) But i was glad I did it, it was the easiest resolution to keep ever!!!

Oh and a non connected ps, did anyone in the uk see the homage to the A team last night in bbc1's Ashes to Ashes?. Gene Hunt was after a crim and they had machine guns, sprayed bullets everywhere... didn't hit anyone, and called themselves ... 'The A Team...Heh heh ( I wanted to tell fans but didn't want to start a thread...)