PDA

View Full Version : Front Page

ostarella
01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow! Great new look to the main page, guys! :D

Tracy
01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow! Great new look to the main page, guys! :D

You can thank Darrell ( Warrior ) for that :)
He's my hero :D

Most of the site has been changed over. The galleries are still being worked on at the moment and there will be a major overhaul of the forums coming as well :)

Darrell Lawrence
01-01-2008, 11:42 PM
The galleries are still being worked on at the moment and there will be a major overhaul of the forums coming as well :)Actually, the Gallery is going to wait as well, since it will be directly tied into the Forums as far as membership goes, like the current one.

Zilfstar
01-02-2008, 02:44 AM
I really loved the old "Galactic" frontpage, but this new one really looks nice! Great photo of Dirk by the way... Greetings, Zilfstar

Lily
01-02-2008, 03:54 AM
Yep very nice front page Kudos to you all xx

Flash
01-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Great new front page, I like it very much :D Many thanks to Tracy and her team! It's nice to hear that you're working on the gallery too, maybe it will work for me afterwards. (I can only see the pics from the specific file via the front page picture, but could never see any pics when using the gallery button :cry: Oh well.)

Anyway, thanks for the good work, DBC is definitely a wonderful site and I love it! :D :D

ostarella
01-02-2008, 07:10 AM
re: the picture - um, not one of my favorites (possibly from its association :wink: ) But that's the *onliest* part I have any qualms about - really! :lol:

starlight
01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I love the new style. I find it bolder and makes you take more note against the dark background. Love it!

NicoleDutch
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Love the front page!! good work 8)

bibbi
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
BEAUTIFUL front page! I wish we had a thumbs up smiley! :wink: :D
I also like the photo of Dirk.

Christy
01-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Very Nice ! :D 8) :wink:

ani
01-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I gotta agree with Ostrella on not much liking the new photo due to association . . . and well I don't know, he looks smarmy to me in that one. He looked so much more warm and friendly and genuine in the other :?

But the new color scheme nice, though surprising if one is expecting soft blue tones *L*

Tracy
01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I gotta agree with Ostrella on not much liking the new photo due to association . . . and well I don't know, he looks smarmy to me in that one. He looked so much more warm and friendly and genuine in the other :?

But the new color scheme nice, though surprising if one is expecting soft blue tones *L*

Tell you what. If anyone can come up with a nice collage or avatarish picture for the homepage, something creative, then we'll put the selections up for public vote and that will be the new homepage pic.

I just wanted an updated photo and that one from BB was basically the only one I had :-/

bibbi
01-03-2008, 07:24 PM
****You can thank Darrell ( Warrior ) for that :)

Most of the site has been changed over. The galleries are still being worked on at the moment and there will be a major overhaul of the forums coming as well :)****

Tracy! :D I can't wait to see the changes of the forums. 8) :D

Darrell Lawrence
01-03-2008, 09:42 PM
****You can thank Darrell ( Warrior ) for that :)

Most of the site has been changed over. The galleries are still being worked on at the moment and there will be a major overhaul of the forums coming as well :)****

Tracy! :D I can't wait to see the changes of the forums. 8) :DA hint, as it will be kinda similar (the new vBulletin for DBCentral will be a newer version that what I am showing you here) www.colonialfleets.com/forums/

ani
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Oh wow, warrior, that'll look excellent. A newer version than that huh? I can't wait to see ^__^

If anyone can come up with a nice collage or avatarish picture for the homepage, something creative, then we'll put the selections up for public vote and that will be the new homepage pic.

Ahh too bad, I think most of my stuff is either too young. I agree with trying to find as recent photo as possible. It seems to set the tone of the site better, I dont' know how else to put it, but it seperates it from an A-Team or a BSG site . . if that makes any sense :oops:

*bah* and what wasn't too young, I jsut managed to accidently erase from my hardrive (I had to reformat it due to a virus, and the ONE FOLDER I somehow forgot to back up had *all* my images in for photo references and such, which included all the Dirk images *sigh*)

Tracy
01-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Ahh too bad, I think most of my stuff is either too young. I agree with trying to find as recent photo as possible.

Yeah. The problem is finding a recent photo that's not him at a convention or stills from people's BB tapes.
He sent me some really nice 8x10's for scanning for publicity but even those are now 10 years old ( and older ). They're nice, but Dirk's not timless if you know what I mean ;)

ostarella
01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Spose permission could be gotten to use one from Goldene Zeiten? He might not be timeless, but uffda!!

:oops: :oops:

Tracy
01-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Spose permission could be gotten to use one from Goldene Zeiten? He might not be timeless, but uffda!!

Oh yeah..hey I could use the bald one!

*snerk* :P :wink:

ostarella
01-04-2008, 03:27 PM
nononononononono

sara
01-04-2008, 04:22 PM
They're nice, but Dirk's not timless if you know what I mean

Sorry Tracy, but I don't believe you..! :wink:

ani
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM

It's too early for an April Fool's joke! :P

Flash
01-05-2008, 12:31 PM

:shock: :shock:

Then you'd better stick with the one you have used :wink: Honestly, who can provide recent photos if not Dirk himself? Maybe he should ask his sons to take one. Even if it wouldn't be a professional shot, it would be more recent than anything anyone of us could provide :roll: :D Maybe someone will get a chance for a nice shot on the Galactica cruise :?: