PDA

View Full Version : What's on your Christmas wish list?

bibbi
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I'd thought I post this. *if it's OK with everyone*
This is what's on my Christmas wish list.

1. Spending quality time with my family and friends.
2. Having a great Christmas dinner.
3. Galactica 1980 DVD
4. An autographed photo from Dirk Benedict. :wink: *Dirk you reading this?* :lol:
5. Books, clothes, jewellery, chocolate, etc.*what woman doesn't like jewellery?* :wink:
*I am not into the really expensive jewellery either. Simple is just fine for me.* :wink:
6. Everyone having a safe and happy Christmas.
7. Getting toys and gifts to those children and family's that don't have the money or need help. *I give every year*
8. Peace and joy to everyone all over the world. :D

What's on your wish list?

ostarella
11-26-2007, 12:05 PM
One wish - getting through it without killing myself or someone else 8)

:wink:

bibbi
11-26-2007, 12:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ostarella! That is priceless! :lol:

ostarella
11-26-2007, 01:08 PM
:D

Seriously, I really don't like the holidays - mainly because of the expectations. Why can't we do the same things throughout the year? Give presents to those we love, just because we're thinking of them. Donate something to the less fortunate, just because they need it. Share time with family just because we love them...Forget the hype and sales and the whole "Christmas" thing and just do it, no matter when.

Or am I the only one who plays Christmas carols in August? 8) :lol: :lol:

Lily
11-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I think in a spiritual way that we 'need' Christmas to have a sense of community and to remind us that's what we need, and to be reminded actual material things we need very little of. ( however like anyone else I wouldn't say no to... ooh a few nice things :wink: )
I know that giving and kindness should be done throughout the year but maybe it helps some just stop and think

What i want for christmas? Well its something that will never happen, but it doesn't disuade me that magic isn't in the air.

Christams Carols in august? ( apparently its advised to play christmas songs in any month because they are naturally uplifting) Thats great xx

I must admit i am quite relaxed for I am quite organised about it and have more time in which to do it than some. ( sorry)

ostarella
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I think my biggest problem is thinking that no matter what I get for someone, or how long I take fixing the meal, or how careful I am with decorating - it's never quite good enough. That I'm just going to end up screwing something up - again. :roll: I like doing things when people aren't expecting it - hard to disappoint then. :wink:

sara
11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Anne, I think it's a very nice topic!! :D

My list:
1) HEALTH for me, my family, my boyfriend, my friends and my Paddy
2) My tutor's approval for my graduation project
3) A day to spend with the A-Team
4) serenity
5) A guarantee for my future
6) Laughing moments
7) A little bit more money
8) A short holiday in Austria
9) A dog
10) An autographed photo from Dirk Benedict (Anne, we've got something in common!!)

Ok ok.............. a hug from my friends is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :lol: :wink:

bibbi
11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I forgot some things on my wish list.....

Finally meeting Tracy and Dirk Benedict! :oops: :D
*never met both of them yet...But, I think they are TERRIFIC!* :D

working for or with Dirk Benedict.... :oops: :lol:
*well...it's always been one of my dream jobs*

and hugs from my friends here too! :oops: :D :lol:

Lily
11-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I think my biggest problem is thinking that no matter what I get for someone, or how long I take fixing the meal, or how careful I am with decorating - it's never quite good enough. That I'm just going to end up screwing something up - again. :roll: I like doing things when people aren't expecting it - hard to disappoint then. :wink:

Sorry i got called away then I might have had a convo with you.
Others should be grateful with the effort that you put in, if not then there is always a flying jump they can take instead :twisted:
I will send you (hugs)
Christmas is not about sitting back and take and critisising, gawd I have been served burnt dinners for example, but so what, I have company and i am proud to have been asked.
Ostarella, worrying about christmas like that is a wasteful emotion,
however doing the unexpected is a good thing though xx

Lily
11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Anne, I think it's a very nice topic!!

Ok ok.............. a hug from my friends is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :lol: :wink:

heres some hugs ((sara))
one for anne..((anne)) too.

ostarella
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Others should be grateful with the effort that you put in, if not then there is always a flying jump they can take instead Twisted Evil

Ah, I've thought that many times - but then the family conditioning kicks in anyway. Oh well - 27 days and it'll all be over. 8)

Happy holidays to all, regardless :D

BCgal
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Well I got my Christmas present a little early this year. My husband and I are expecting our first baby!! :D
So on my Christmas list this year is:
-a healthy pregnancy followed by a healthy baby!
-good health to my parents as they are getting older
-good health and wellwishes to all my friends, including those here on DBCentral :)
-if it's not too much to ask, some baby books, some dvd's and my favourite perfume as well (although the way it's going I probably won't like the smell anymore!!)

Lily
11-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Others should be grateful with the effort that you put in, if not then there is always a flying jump they can take instead Twisted Evil

Ah, I've thought that many times - but then the family conditioning kicks in anyway. Oh well - 27 days and it'll all be over. 8)

Happy holidays to all, regardless :D

*gets ostarella family mind uncontroling device*
? ?
8)

Lily
11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Aww BC good luck and good health xx

BCgal
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks Lily!! :)

ostarella
11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
My husband and I are expecting our first baby!!

Congratulations! What a perfect present! :D :D

sara
11-28-2007, 12:11 PM
:arrow: well ostarella, your attitude towards Christmas isn't so rare... It's a very beautiful (in my opinion) but also "intrusive" holiday.. full of emotions, meetings, images, memories, conversations etc.. But anyway, if Christmas doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger..! :roll: :P

:arrow: Lily! My dear!! ((hugs)) to you too, sweet lady!

:arrow: BC.. GOOD LUCK and MANY CONGRATS!!! Please, let us know how it goes on!
:D :D Wonderful news!!! This will be a special Christmas for you and your husband.. it will be very meaningful. Best best wishes!! :D :D :D

bibbi
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
**** Well I got my Christmas present a little early this year. My husband and I are expecting our first baby!! :D ****

BCgal That's WONDERFUL news! What a perfect present to get for Christmas. I'm so happy for you! :D

I hope everyone gets what they wish for Christmas this year.

God Bless all of you! :D

BCgal
11-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Thank you everyone!! :) We're feeling pretty blessed at the moment so I think this will be a great Christmas :lol:

Christy
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Blessings to you BCgal and your husband on your new addition to the family !

My Wish List:

To ALL of you ( and your families too ) here at DBC.....May ALL of you get your wishes this year !...AND.....May ALL of you have a safe, wonderful and blessed Christmas !

My family and friends...the same as wished for all those at DBC !...Along with our Christmas Eve get together...and then again on Christmas morning !

Oh yeah, to be able to go on the cruise and meet Dirk, Richard, Anne, Loretta and many more from the Original BSG !........AND....*fingers crossed* I will finally get to meet some ( ALL would be even better ! ) of you from DBC on the cruise as well ! That would be sooo 8) !

Take Care, Best Wishes and Hugs to ALL,
Christy

UKJules
11-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Congratulations BCgal........great news......what a great christmas present :!:

bibbi
11-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I just wanted to say that I hope everyone gets everything they wished for this Christmas.
:D
That's also on my wish list or did I say that already? :? :D :lol:

Tracy
12-02-2007, 04:17 PM

Anne..it's not "work" ;)

Petra
12-03-2007, 03:37 AM

Anne..it's not "work" ;)

Yes, to work with Dirk is a honor and I will never forget that day I got the chance to play in Goldene Zeiten. It was a nightshooting and one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE! :D :oops: :D :oops: (and I "died")

Greetings

Petra

UKJules
12-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow Petra......you lucky thing...... :!: :!: I haven't even met him yet, let alone been in a film with him :!: :shock: What an honour :!: :!: :!:

bibbi
12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
**Anne..it's not "work" :wink: **
:lol: Tracy... I have to agree!
Hey....that's another thing on my wish list....can I be an admin here? *I practically live here ya know*... *I'd also do a great job!* :wink:
Petra you are so lucky. :D
I'm looking forward to having the honour of meeting Dirk and Tracy too of course, very soon.
That's definitely on my wish list...*I think I said that already..* :?
And again I wish everyone gets what they wish for this Christmas. :D

dbukfan
12-04-2007, 03:21 AM
Many Congrats...BCGal & Hubby :D

So..looks like...you2 won't need Mistletoe then :lol: :lol: :wink:

Cheerio :D .

Su...x

Tracy
12-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey....that's another thing on my wish list....can I be an admin here? *I practically live here ya know*... *I'd also do a great job!* :wink:

Anne,

I have a great crew helping me and between the four of us, and the fact that the membership is so laid back here, the place almost runs itself.
But thanks ( again ) for the offer.

bibbi
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
**Anne,

I have a great crew helping me and between the four of us, and the fact that the membership is so laid back here, the place almost runs itself.
But thanks ( again ) for the offer.**

Tracy! You're most welcome! :D
I agree it's a great crew too. :D *I was teasing a bit...I know you've got fantastic people working with you and of course Dirk* :wink:
I do agree that the membership does almost run the place itself. :wink:
I hope you and your family get everything you wish for the Christmas.

God Bless you and your family,
Anne :)

LZaza
12-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey, going to add my congrats to BC Gal! I remember the year I had similar news for Christmas. :D

I'm doing Christmas up right this year. I took three weeks off, have almost completed the shopping, and plan on spending tons of time with my kids and hubby (and hopefully putting a large dent in my latest BSG fanfic).

As to what I want . . . I found the most marvelous thing called a frother. It froths milk like a cappacino machine, for only a fraction of the price. About $8 Canadian. Yeah, I know it's not exactly exciting, but I'm a steamed milk girl from way back, but hate paying those coffee shop prices.

Best of the season to everybody!