PDA

View Full Version : Dirk's Blog

Tracy
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
The blog is almost ready and Dirk has the keys.
I will be announcing the live link once he has made his first post, which should be soon :)

sara
11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
The blog is almost ready and Dirk has the keys.
I will be announcing the live link once he has made his first post, which should be soon :)

Thank you Tracy! :D
We're impatient.. :wink:

Denise Ross
11-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi Tracy, what will Dirk's user name be? :)

Tracy
11-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Tracy, what will Dirk's user name be? :)

Dirk :)

bibbi
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks Tracy! :D

Dirk.....Very Good user name! :wink: :lol:

NicoleDutch
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh my must have missed this... :oops:
It's great that Dirk will start blogging! :lol:

Petra
11-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Hello Tracy,
I am very curious about his first post! Can't wait to read it :D

Petra

BCgal
11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Sweet!!! Can't wait :P

dbukfan
11-14-2007, 04:38 AM
Howdy Dirk

V Warm Welcome to our Newbie Member :D ....hope you'll enjoy this DBC as much as we do....BTW..yr name's sound familiar :lol:

Thnk you, Tracy for yr great efforts to make this happens :D

Take care

Su...x

UKJules
11-14-2007, 07:34 AM
I can't wait ...........for Dirk's first blog :wink:

Thanks Tracy.......you're a star :wink:

Take care
Jules x

bibbi
11-14-2007, 09:58 AM
It's wonderful that Dirk coming onboard. :D
Shall we have a Welcome thread for Dirk?
Tracy how about it? Good idea?

sara
11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Anne, I'd find it great... if Tracy agrees of course..! :wink:

NicoleDutch
11-21-2007, 11:50 AM
C'mon Dirk! please start writing :wink:

BCgal
11-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I agree...we are waiting with bated breath!!! :D

Christy
11-22-2007, 10:52 AM
.....user name...."Dirk"....mmmhhh...the name does sound familiar....or is it "Dick"...no, no, maybe "Duck"....wait, it IS Dirk !.... :lol: ... :wink: .....Welcome ! You're going to love it here...there's a wonderful group of people here ! :wink:

YES ! Very anxiously awaiting the first post !

Thanks Tracy ! 8)

Take Care and Hugs to ALL,
Christy

starlight
11-26-2007, 05:39 AM
What will he write first? Hello Dirkettes? ;)

Petra
11-26-2007, 06:42 AM
It would be great, if he would write short-stories (oh well, long-stories of course would be great too). :D

Dirk is really a very good writer :D :D :D :D

Greetings

Petra

sara
11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
His writing to us could be the best hristmas present in the world! :D

NicoleDutch
11-26-2007, 11:02 AM
His writing to us could be the best hristmas present in the world! :D

Exactly!! :lol:

UKJules
11-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Where are you Dirk :?: Don't be shy.......we won't bite :lol:

Christy
11-27-2007, 09:41 PM
( Where are you Dirk :?: Don't be shy.......we won't bite :lol: )

...ditto... :lol: !!!.......

sara
11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BCgal
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I can't promise not to bite :oops: :P :wink:

Christy
11-28-2007, 05:25 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tracy
11-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Just to let you all know I spoke to Dirk today and he is well.
The blog is forthcoming, real life has been busy but not to worry.
He's also asked me to post that he has been invited to speak on a macrobiotic cruise in March, 2009. I don't have all the details yet, he's sending the cruise folks to fill me in so I can share with you all. :)

Petra
11-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Hello Tracy,
thanks so very much for the information :D :D :D

Greetings

Petra

UKJules
11-29-2007, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the update Tracy :wink:

Wow......another cruise :!: :D Looking forward to the info :wink:

Dirk don't worry.............we are patient........really :wink:

Take Care
Jules x

BCgal
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Tracy! :D

NicoleDutch
11-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Thanks Tracy and ofcourse Dirk!!

bibbi
11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks Tracy and of course Dirk from me too. :wink: :D
Another cruise in 2009... :shock: WOW!...ohhhhh...I'm gonna try to go on that too. :wink:

Denise Ross
12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the update Tracy. I look foward to more.

deebeelicious
12-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the update Tracy. I look foward to more.

Ditto! :wink:

8)

NicoleDutch
12-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Dear Dirk, it would be fabulous if you would write something for my birthday today...lol :wink:

Petra
12-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Sorry Nicole, it's only me but I wish you a very good day and
Happy Birthday! :D

Greetings

Petra

NicoleDutch
12-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Sorry Nicole, it's only me but I wish you a very good day and
Happy Birthday! :D

Greetings

Petra

Ah that's sweet. Thank you!

UKJules
12-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Happy Birthday Nicole Dutch :wink: I'm sure Dirk will do his blog very soon :wink:
Take care
Jules x

NicoleDutch
12-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Thank you Jules! I'll bet Dirk waits for Christmas...

UKJules
12-11-2007, 06:20 AM
I think you might be right............let's hope so :wink:
Take care
Jules x

bibbi
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Happy Birthday Nicole! :D
I also think that Dirk is waiting for Christmas.
Tis the season to be busy! :wink:

Christy
12-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Happy Birthday ! :D

Tracy
12-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Update:

Well Dirk spent an hour today composing a blog post and when he went to hit "preview" it went POOF. :cry: We're not quite sure where the glitch is coming from but we *are* working to solve the problem.

Just to let you all know that Dirk is indeed on board for the blog. Now we just need to shoo out the gremlins and he'll have a post for you all for Christmas :)

Tracy

Petra
12-12-2007, 02:13 AM
Hello Tracy,
thanks very much for the update.

It would be really very very great, if Dirk would write something to us :D

Many Greetings

Petra

ostarella
12-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I've lost so many absolutely brilliant posts to my blog site I've just given up on it :lol: :lol:

deebeelicious
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Update:

Well Dirk spent an hour today composing a blog post and when he went to hit "preview" it went POOF. :cry: We're not quite sure where the glitch is coming from but we *are* working to solve the problem.

Just to let you all know that Dirk is indeed on board for the blog. Now we just need to shoo out the gremlins and he'll have a post for you all for Christmas :)

Tracy

Don't mean to be cruel but my first reaction was ...

PEBKAC!

... which for the un-IT-literate is explained in many places including
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEBKAC

(sorry! :oops: )

NicoleDutch
12-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the B-day wishes.

Ah Poor Dirk! but hey bring it on! Would be a lovely Christmas present!

ostarella
12-12-2007, 02:00 PM
PEBKAC!
... which for the un-IT-literate is explained in many places including

That's usually my son's first reaction when I try to do something and it doesn't work - until *he* sits down and actually sees what I did and what happens - and then his reaction is WTF?!

He forgets that just because I'm older, doesn't mean I don't know about cmputers - it really means I have enough experience to know how often software (and sites) get screwed up by the developers :wink:

Christy
12-12-2007, 05:48 PM
" it went POOF "...aaaaaawwww....I hate when that happens ! Those nasty gremlins ! :wink: It will be a very nice Christmas present indeed ! :D 8)

" PEBKAC "...my fav is....PICNIC ( Problem In Chair Not In Computer ) !... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....I admit it....this one's me !..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

THANKS for the update and ALL that you do for us here, Tracy !!! :D :wink:

bibbi
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
It went POOF?!?....those Frackin' gremlins :lol: .......hmmmm...I think it was the Grinch...:wink:
I'm sure the glitches will be all worked out. Tell me about computer glitches....I work on those constantly. My customers ask me why are you talking to and swearing at the computer? :lol: It works all the time! I speak computer and the computers seem to know it. My customers have actually gotten to like it. :lol:
Looking forward to seeing the blog up and running.
Thanks! for the update Tracy. :D

BCgal
12-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Argh, those computer gremlins, always getting in the way! Such Grinches! :(

bbbear97
12-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Sounds like we need to teach him the copy and paste technique.

Dirk my friend - if you're reading this, just a tip from your techie friend, I work in computers all day long! And not to mention the 5 million times that that's happened to me in the past!!!

Write your blog in a word program first, save the document, then copy and paste the text into the blog text window. This way, if it goes Poof :shock: again, you won't lose all your hard work! I know how frustrating that can be. This is usually only required if you plan to spen a long time writing your post, and I think I speak for us all when I say how honored we all are that you would spend so much effort on posting a blog for us! Thank you!

Good luck on your next attempt :D

deebeelicious
12-13-2007, 06:23 AM
That's usually my son's first reaction when I try to do something and it doesn't work - until *he* sits down and actually sees what I did and what happens - and then his reaction is WTF?!

He forgets that just because I'm older, doesn't mean I don't know about cmputers - it really means I have enough experience to know how often software (and sites) get screwed up by the developers :wink:

Yes, I'm sorry if my PEBKAC first-thoughts sounded condescending to you and Dirk and any other silver-surfers out here! :oops: :P It was only a first thought and I only meant to tease! :oops: I hope Tracy can help Dirk through this HTML headache? :wink:

Re: PICNIC - :lol:
Better not comment further apart from 8)

Re: copy & paste:
Yup! - deffo agree with this :lol: - writing in Word or even notepad/wordpad would do, and save it, then copy and paste into the submission box (ooh er missus! :P :roll: :oops: )

ostarella
12-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Yes, I'm sorry if my PEBKAC first-thoughts sounded condescending to you and Dirk and any other silver-surfers out here!

Don't worry - one of the great joys of getting older is sending the younger generation these little reminders of our "greater experience" - I love doing that! (Just ask my son) 8) :lol: :lol:

ani
12-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Copy&Paste should be rule number one of blogging. :P

I've been on livejournal for 6 years (holy cow did not realize that 0.o) and before that Diaryland for a year (which is terrible btw) and the only way around the Blog Eating Gremlins that show up from time to time is to Copy and Paste.

Don't know about the one you are using, but with LJ, it usually just means the server hiccuped, which is reasonable if you think about all the people on it 0.o

I don't follow my own advice though. I next to never copy and paste, and I used to loose posts all the time. Not so much now that LJ has a semi-auto save function though, which will restore your text if it saved.

You know though, sometimes I'm thankful to the Blog Eating Gremlins because occassionally what I first think I should post is really *not* what I should post, so they have kept me outta trouble before :P

bibbi
12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
I 100% agree with the copy & paste rule.
I also keep backups of all of my files on disk. Always.
You never know what's going to happen to your computer. It happens even when your computer is in good condition! :shock: .....those pesky computer Gremlins!.... :lol:
I can tell honestly tell you...backing things up has saved me major headaches and also my customers. :D
Computers are not infallible. :wink:
Looking forward to seeing the blog. Good Luck! :D
may the computer not hiccup! :wink:

Christy
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Copy & Paste....gotcha.... :wink:

UKJules
12-16-2007, 11:21 AM
It's always a good idea to copy & paste before you preview........especially when you have spent a long time writing a post :wink: I hope these tips come in handy Dirk :!: We are all looking forward to your blog :wink: Merry Christmas :!:

Take care
Jules x

Choppercrazy
12-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Update:

Tracy

Well I hope Dirk is not very upset about it, just next time copy and paste. Besides to comfort him Dwight has way more horrid stories to tell about his computer...Did you know for instance that the harddrive of his laptop crashed....several times...that he has installed many different virusscanners on it (I hope not at the same time) and that he got several bills for a few of those but he never asked to buy those virusscanners, but they billed him anyway.

Just keep working on that blog Dirk, I'm sure you will be able to post soon without glitches....I hope Dwight will make a podcast soon but it's kind of icy in Oklahoma at the moment...so no livestream.

added later: livestream is back again!

dbukfan
12-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Don't worry, Dirk...you're def. Not the only one...I myself did it lots of time :oops: ...we live & learn everyday :wink:..Pls don't Give Up on Us :!: :D ..still waiting :(

Take care

Su...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Did I missed the party??? Aaah I see not yet! You see he waited for me to join in :oops: :lol:

But this is really nice, a good stimulation for me to keep working on my assestments for getting my degree.... and then sit back and relax and read Dirk his interesting words.

"POOF" almost sounds like Disney, something bad happend, but something better will return!

Petra
12-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Dear Mr. Benedict,

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family!

I wish you a wonderful time, many health and for the next year a lot of new great
projects!

Big Greetings

Petra
(The girl from the nightshooting of Goldene Zeiten :oops: )

PS: Maybe you will read this :?

sara
12-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Ohhh, I'm so sorry that Dirk lost his whole effort... Sometimes it happens.. computers can be so unkind!!! :x
Anyway, I'd like to let him know that we all deeply appreciate his spending his time and his energy for us... Thank you Dirk, really.. We're looking forward to seeing your writing.. :wink:

bibbi
12-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Dirk :D

Looking forward to seeing your writing. I had to restore three computers yesterday. Computers can be pretty finiky! :lol:
Not to worry I'm sure you'll have it up and running smoothly in no time. :wink:

Take care and all the best,
Anne :)

Zilfstar
12-30-2007, 06:28 AM
Hi, Hope Dirk will have time to write to us all soon. I know what I dreadfull thing it is to click "enter" and then you're intire theatrical play is gone (It happened to me! :evil: Well at least the latest version in a totally new style and all..... 30 pages! And no copy saved of course) But with me there was some luck to it. The whole new style, angle turned out to be not so new after all. Now I have found a new angle for it and some new research material. So I guess the disappearing act performed by my work had an underlying intention. It was not "the right stuff" for that moment. Mayby with Dirks first BLOG-writing it is the same? Maybe he will find a new better angle/ theme. stuff to tell us? I am curious.... but will wait patiently. :wink:

bibbi
01-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi Dirk! :D

Hope you had a great New Year. Looking forward to seeing your blog. How's the weather down in Montana? Up here where I live we have quite the snow storm... :shock:
I'm sure when the blog is up and running...it'll be fantastic. You are a GREAT writer.

Take care and Hugs(if I may....)

sara
01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi everybody!

Hi Tracy, may I ask you if there are any news about Dirk's Blog?
Sorry if I ask.. :oops: :oops: ...
Thank you so much!

Best Regards

Tracy
01-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi everybody!

Hi Tracy, may I ask you if there are any news about Dirk's Blog?
Sorry if I ask.. :oops: :oops: ...
Thank you so much!

Best Regards

Sara,

Dirk will be blogging. It probably won't be a daily or weekly event, but when he wants to share, he'll make a post. He's been sidetracked by life in general. As we all do from time to time. With the holidays, the site changing ( with more work to do etc. ) delays happen.
But no worries, he'll be here :-)

bibbi
01-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Tracy! Thanks for the information.
Looking forward to seeing what Dirk has to say. :D

UKJules
01-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the update Tracy :wink: We all look forward to Dirk's forthcoming blog :wink:

Happy New Year

Jules x

sara
01-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Thank you so much Tracy, you're always very very very kind!! :D
Thank you for all the work you do for us.. results are really excellent! :wink:
Of course delays happen.. life is full of contingencies..! We would never like Dirk to be in a hurry because of us.. He knows what's the right time and right thing to do.
I wish you and Dirk a wonderful and special 2008!!

All the best :D

Arciris
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi to all!!
I've reading this post..I confess..I didn't see it before... :oops: :oops: I'm a disaster. :lol:
Thanks so much Tracy for all news about Dirk.
And, Dirk, you don't worry, like you can read in the our computers sometimes the posts make POFF too. :lol: The gremlins are very bad.. :evil:
I don't know very much about computers and I understand very well this.
I wish too to Dirk a very special 2008 full of health, love, peace and all the lovely things of this world. :wink:
The good thing is made wait for, so we will hope enchanted. :P Really?
Kisses.

sara
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi Esther! :D
No no, don't say so! you're NOT a distater.. !! On DBC there are so many interesting topics to follow, it's normal to loose something!

You're right: computers can be a miracle and a damnation at the same time!! :lol:

Hugs :wink:

Arciris
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks Sara, hahaha, You make me to feel better. I I often lose many posts by not being able to read everything and I need more time for to write, you know. This is happening to me for not to study more hours... :roll: :wink:
Yes! Computers are for a side devils :twisted: and by the other angels :oops: . :lol:
Hugs. :wink:

sleepy dave
01-25-2008, 03:44 AM
I look forward to reading Dirk's blog. Whenever Dirk speaks or writes something it is always interesting and foward thinking and original.

Good luck Dirk. :)

bibbi
01-25-2008, 12:08 PM
sleepy dave wrote:
****I look forward to reading Dirk's blog. Whenever Dirk speaks or writes something it is always interesting and foward thinking and original.

Good luck Dirk. :)****

I 100% agree! :D
Best of Luck to you Dirk. :)
Really looking forward to seeing what you have to say. :D

warm regards,

Arciris
01-29-2008, 05:26 AM
It's true, Sleepy!!!
I agree too. Dirk is a very good writer. I like all I've read from him.
:wink: :wink:

bibbi
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
It's true, Sleepy!!!
I agree too. Dirk is a very good writer. I like all I've read from him.
:wink: :wink:

I 100% agree!

Crazy Tommy T
02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I look forward to reading Dirks blog. Hopefully he'll get hooked on it and make loads.

bibbi
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I look forward to reading Dirks blog. Hopefully he'll get hooked on it and make loads.

I hope so too. ;)

sara
02-07-2008, 11:04 AM
In these day we have many changes on the board...
Many news on DBC... and very cool news..!!

Maybe we will have soon some news from Dirk too.. and the Blog will start.. that will be very exciting!:)

Arciris
02-08-2008, 04:39 AM
In these day we have many changes on the board...
Many news on DBC... and very cool news..!!

Maybe we will have soon some news from Dirk too.. and the Blog will start.. that will be very exciting!:)

Yes, Sara!! Sure!!
:):)

Denise Ross
02-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Christie I love your picture of Dirk You always seem to get the sexiest pictures of him. In my humble opinion.

bibbi
02-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm wondering when Dirk is going to post.
I promise to be patient. ;)

NicoleDutch
02-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm wondering when Dirk is going to post.
I promise to be patient. ;)

I'm with you on that ;)

sara
02-12-2008, 03:36 AM
We're all waiting for him with patience and enthusiasm!:)

UKJules
02-12-2008, 11:25 AM

Me too Sara......:confused:

Arciris
02-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Me too, friends!! :):);)

dbukfan
02-13-2008, 05:44 AM
and Me:confused::neutral::(:confused:too.

Su..x

Arciris
02-14-2008, 03:24 AM
Wow Su! What a beautiful avatar, too.:):p

bibbi
02-14-2008, 05:11 PM
me too! ;) :D

Arciris
02-15-2008, 04:26 AM
;) ;)
:):):):):)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:p:p
;)
It tries to be a Heart, but I don't make it well..hahaha, sorry.
Have a nice day!! ;)

sara
02-15-2008, 06:07 AM
:))Esther, it is well known that Spanish people are very creative!!!!;)

dbukfan
02-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Dirk:cool:....Pls give us fan something, pls...Don't be Shy:oops::(:cry::confused:;)

....You Give Me Something:cool:.........James Morrison:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWdC-ELzfYE

\\:cool:\\\\\//////:cool://
.\\:D:D:D:D:D//
..\\\:):):):)//
...\\:)):)):))//
....\\;);)//
......\\\:oops:///
.........\\//

ps: Esther....me too try to make a Heart:oops:....haha:)):)):cool:

Take care

Su...x

UKJules
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
We would love to hear from you Dirk when you have some spare time......:D

Here is a song I think you'll enjoy......;)

Please, please - The Beatles......enjoy;):D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNWCuuzTfI8

My mum was a Beatles fan........my dad was more into the Rolling Stones .......he saw them before they were famous:o:));) & he also saw Jimmy Hendrix......:o:o:o

Take care

Hope to hear from you soon

Jules x:)

Christy
02-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Hello to ALL !

Denise...I hope that it's me that you mean about the pic !?...Thanks ! *wink* You need to get one too Sweety ! There are many helpful people here that can help you with that ( the finding and the posting of ) ! Me, I'm lucky I was able to change mine...still trying to figure out the new "style" / "format"...LOL ! I'll get it...in time...uh, maybe...

And in the mean time...we ALL patiently await Dirks first blog entry ! *SIGH*

Am I right in saying that Dirks youngest graduates this year ! If so, we ALL know that they're probably very busy with all that's involved with being a Senior in High School. Not to mention soccer and other sports he's into as well. *wink*

Wishing ALL the VERY BEST to ALL of you !

Take Care & Hugs to ALL,
Christy

sara
02-17-2008, 05:33 AM
:)):))Su, well done!! Skilled girl!;)

dbukfan
02-18-2008, 03:22 AM
:)):))Su, well done!! Skilled girl!;)
Ciao Sara
Well, I'd better say Big Thank you to my optician then:)):)):D:cool::confused::).

Su....x

Arciris
02-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Ha ha ha, thanks friends!!!
Yes Sara, perhaps Spanish people are creatives but you can comprove that I not....hahahahaha.;)
Suu, perfect!!! Ha ha ha, I like very much your beautiful heart!
Thanks Jules and Su for your links!!! I like the two. But I confess :oops:, I'm an absolut fan of The Boss, Bruce Springsteen, althoug the Beatles liked to me very much but I arrived a little late for age...:(
I adore three men in this world, my boyfriend, Dirk and Bruce, hahahahaha. Shhh, is my secret, not to comment with anybody, please.:)):)):p

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=vTXQQd17RV4

Have a nice day!! ;)

UKJules
02-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks Arciris & Su for sharing those great songs....;):D

I wonder what Dirk likes.........:confused::confused::confused: I'm sure he will write his blog soon.....;) Patience is a vertue.....as they say;)

Here is another song that is no 1 in the charts in the UK......It's very 1960's and such a catchy tune.......enjoy;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2orthS3TQ

Hugs

Jules x

Tracy
02-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Folks,

We'll get the blog going so no worries. Thanks for your patience :)

Arciris
02-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Thanks so much, Tracy.;);):)

Zilfstar
02-21-2008, 04:16 AM
And let's stay patience okay?

The Guy has more things to do then to write a blog! :)

I am sure he has all kinds of ideas in his head to write. Don't forget: He already attempted once. But I guess it was not good enough or time was not ready, since his PC hobbits decided to crash the blog...:mad:

So instead of writing here that "we will be patient" (which to me still sounds like a; Hurry up, you fool (:rolleyes: where is the B.A. Baracus smiley when you need it...:p) let's just wait it out.

Remember: a lot of things smell/ taste/ sound/ are even better when you had to wait for them a little while (or a bit longer:D)

No offence please. I just don't like to be rushed and I guess Dirk will be with me on that.;)

And we don't want Tracy to get crazy >:) :cry::confused: posting replies saying Yes the blog is comming.

bibbi
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Zilfstar I 100% agree! :)
I think you meant stay patient not patience. ;)

Zilfstar
02-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh MY!!! :)):D:)):D:)):oops::oops:

Well in Dutch a patient is some one who is sick. Patience is a computer game I think:confused:.

Slip of the fingers I guess. I know a lot of words and how they are written. But sometimes there is a tricky one! So I humbly apologise for any type-o's I believe they are called...:p

The funny thing is: most times it's the easy ones that go wrong. The complicated ones
(:psee I knew that one!) I remember well. It is a bit like Dirk writes about the "danger" being there where you do not expect it to be (OK, this is not actually dangerous>:), although I am very sensitive about making mistakes and feel very easily ashamed:oops:). You know: the danger lies in the unloaded gun... I LOVE that remark! And it is absolutely true. In small things as well as in the big ones.

BTW and totally off topic: I have seen an A-team episode today I did not remember and I know a lot of them! This one was about Face wanting to become member of some Club. Hilarious scenes with golfcars racing over the green, golfballs, guns and fake money. I enjoyed myself very much! Well see you all later!:cool:

Arciris
02-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Ha ha ha Zilfstar!! Normal...We've many maternal languages here and every one have his meanings..:))
In my maternal language, catalan, patient is "pacient" and patience is "pacičncia". It's different too. In spanish they're "paciente" and "paciencia" too. It's similar in this case.
I like the different languages in here and I think this is a cultural wealth for all, really? ;)
Take care.

xRamona
02-27-2008, 05:25 AM
And we're still waiting.. :D.

Lalala.

Love,
Ramona.

Crazy Tommy T
02-27-2008, 09:16 AM
He's probably forgotten.

bibbi
02-27-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think he's forgotten. He's probably been very busy. So let's be patient. Good things come to those who wait. ;) :)

xRamona
02-28-2008, 04:06 AM
Good things come to people who believe in it.

Dirk, we believe in you! (H)

Arciris
02-28-2008, 04:44 AM

I agreeee!!:):)
Well said girls!!
The good things sooner or later they arrive.;)
Have a nice day!!

sara
02-28-2008, 12:42 PM
We're very good at waiting!!;)

bibbi
02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
We're very good at waiting!!;)

I agree. We're all very patient. ;) :)

Crazy Tommy T
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
That was an excellent first blog, I enjoyed that. :)

NicoleDutch
04-02-2008, 11:46 AM
That was an excellent first blog, I enjoyed that. :)

?? where?

bibbi
04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
?? where?

I think that was an April fools joke. ;)
Was it? :confused:

bibbi
04-02-2008, 12:06 PM

I 100% agree. :D

NicoleDutch
04-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I 100% agree. :D

Oh my...yup I think it was.

bibbi
04-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I was just wondering on how Dirk was doing and when he might be writing in his blog.
*I'm just naturally curious.* ;)

deebeelicious
04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm starting to be a bit concerned that Dirk is taking this 'blogging' thing a bit too seriously? :o :oops: And he doesn't want to 'write' something that's not 'top quality'? :confused:

Tracy, please tell him he should relax about it? :oops:

Perhaps he should just write some ones a few times for himself (and his kids?) to read and then see how that goes, ie if he's comfortable with that, then he can 'post' later ones after he's got into the swing? :confused:

Gosh - he shouldn't be writing essays! :o ? I thought a blog was just some 100 - 200 words? :confused:

Oh dear! Hope I don't sound 'authoritarian'! :oops::(

xx to all

Zilfstar
04-15-2008, 08:58 AM
And maybe he is just too busy with more important things????

Of course to US it is important, but as a mother myself with a home occupation (I am working at home) and several sports and other interests of myself and my kids and husband AND the housekeeping, bringing and taking kids to school and playground, I do not have time to keep up a diary or blog or what ever. I can imagine Dirk is equally busy (if not more with all his duties as a VIP, TV-star, writer etc AND all the Macrobiotic cooking (that takes time if done properly)) so even writing 100 words as a blog item takes time. And do not forget: He will be carefull with his choice of words because he IS a famous person.

asmay
04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I totally agree. Although the waiting is tough on all of us as loyal and curious fans, he will undoubtedly have been too busy to start writing the blog. (Perhaps he has been working in his next book?!)

Crazy Tommy T
04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Or perhaps it slipped his mind. He's only human like the rest of us.

bibbi
04-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Or perhaps it slipped his mind. He's only human like the rest of us.

He sure is. :)
Dirk take your time we won't rush you. ;)

faith
05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi all. Sounds like an awesome idea. Can't wait. I'm in Oz and along way from the USA, so it will be great to feel just that little bit closer to everything going on over there.

Sarika
05-19-2008, 02:28 AM
What part of Australia do you hail from Faith?
I'm here too. In north Queensland.;)

ladymorgaine
05-20-2008, 07:03 AM
i agree with you there! Someone like him, as ocupied as his life must be, to have time to ALWAYS come to the blog must. Hell, i sometimes even forget to feed my goldfish, raisng two kids( three, if count the husband...!). spending nine hours aways away from home working hard as hell, coming home and doing housekeeping myself, 'cause my hubbie is afraid is dick will fall off if he helps on anything!!! Life's complicated, and tiring, and busy, and, and ,and... So, i guess it's normal that Dirk doesn't always have the time to even turn on his PC or Lap top much more write on the blog!

Darrell Lawrence
05-20-2008, 08:09 AM
I doubt he's forgotten anything, with Tracy to remind him.

Rather, he IS busy. In case everyone forgot, he does have a son that is around the age to be graduating from school?

Zilfstar
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
By the way... He has already post a small blog. So let the man be! Maybe we have all the time in the world to visit DB Central every day (twice or more;)) and even have time to put together a blog in 15 minutes...

I guess Dirk is the kind of man who wants his blog, writings etc of some importance..:D Actually have something to say other then just: yeah hello I am here, I have drunk my miso and am preparing brown rice right now :p.

So he takes his times AND is a very busy father. He will not forget, I am sure, but there has to be time, oppertunity and spirit to sit at the PC and write a good original blog he is happy and content with to put up here for us (and all the world including his critics) to read.

I had fun writing my first blog today. Post yours and maybe that way he will get inspired and encouraged...:)

deebeelicious
05-21-2008, 02:45 AM
By the way... He has already post a small blog. So let the man be! Maybe we have all the time in the world to visit DB Central every day (twice or more;)) and even have time to put together a blog in 15 minutes...

I guess Dirk is the kind of man who wants his blog, writings etc of some importance..:D Actually have something to say other then just: yeah hello I am here, I have drunk my miso and am preparing brown rice right now :p.

So he takes his times AND is a very busy father. He will not forget, I am sure, but there has to be time, oppertunity and spirit to sit at the PC and write a good original blog he is happy and content with to put up here for us (and all the world including his critics) to read.

I had fun writing my first blog today. Post yours and maybe that way he will get inspired and encouraged...:)

LOL - Spot on Zilfstar! :)) :cool:
I agree that a 'I have drunk my miso ... ' blog wouldn't be too interesting to me :o :oops: but if it rocks his boat, then go for it! :D
Not sure if I'd blog here :confused: - I'm pretty sure that wouldn't inspire or encourage anyone else to blog! :)) :p
:cry:

NYFan
07-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Being new to this site, I just wanted to add my two cents worth:

I think it would be a shame not to be able to read Mr. Benedict's ideas and, dare I say, rants that he so eloquently and honestly puts forth in the written word. If not to enlighten us to his thoughts and beliefs as well as the principles of a macrobiotic lifestyle, at least it would serve as a form of escapism for those of us yearning to be free of the day-to-day grind, living vicariously thru his wonderful musings and stories to attempt to leave behind our own routine and humdrum lives which, alas, most of us cannot afford to flee from.

Oh, to live simply and naturally in the wilds of Montana or Alaska or anywhere other than the large metropolitan cities, sucked into our daily lives void of true fulfillment!

Having enjoyed his two books, as well as the introduction to the writings of Michio Kushi, I would find it terribly sad not to be able to continue in this journey of discovery and health, even if it was only via an occasional blog by someone whom I consider to be humorous, enlightened and, above all, too honest for our own good.

Mr. Benedict, please consider continuing the blog…

facetime
10-19-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm new to the DBC forums. I was just wondering - whatever happened to that Blog? Did Dirk post anything and if so, where can I find his blog/posts?

Zilfstar
11-18-2011, 03:30 AM
For all I know Dirk has only posted one, even then doubting if he will ever write another one. Dirk isn't a multimedia-man... He did not even own a television (don't know about now...)

So I don't think he will ever write that blog. Pitty because I think he has a lot of interesting things to say and ponder about.

ojai22
10-27-2013, 09:12 PM
WOW! I don't think I had ever seen this thread before. All these people waiting for about 4 years! Now they've all disappeared. Perhaps they all had to go to the bathroom?