PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS TIME!!

dbukfan
11-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Hi All Dear Friends :D

Just over 6 wks before....Christmas :!: :wink: :D....Love to discuss with you guys about Christmas :wink:...this year :?:

Let's Start with myself :arrow:...same ole quiz..every year :arrow: 'What do you want for Christmas :?: ..Dear/Babe/Honey :oops: /Love/Darling :? '....followed by...'What about my/yr Dad/Mum/ our Kid(s)/Brothers/Sisters/Both Grands & Nans 8) /Nieces & Nephews/ Relatives/Friends/God Daughter/Charity :?: :roll: ...I happen to know that average UK spendin' per each family = 975.00 :shock: :x

OMG....How much it gonna costs me :shock:... Arrrggghhhh...I'm Broke Already :( :lol:

BTW :arrow: Please recycle all packagings :wink: and unwanted preccies :lol: :roll:

Su...xx

sara
11-08-2007, 08:31 AM
SU!!
What a cool idea to speak about Christmas!!
I must tell I'm really fond of all that concerns christmas... The athmosphere, the tree, the music, presents...... My home becomes like a Christmas momument in December!!!! Full of objects and pretty things that make the atmosphere warmer :roll: :P :lol: :lol:
Every window, every table, every wall, every door, every mirror, every lamp receives its own Christmas touch!!!!!!! :D :D

Every time I can (this year I can't unluckly :( ) I go to Austria to see the Christkindlmarkt in Satzburg. It's absolutely impressing.. gorgeous... extraordinary spectacular!! Ypou shoul see..!! a Paradise for those who love Christmas as I do!!
:wink:

sara
11-08-2007, 08:31 AM
P.S. Su.. what a nice new ava!!! :D

dbukfan
11-08-2007, 08:55 AM
P.S. Su.. what a nice new ava!!! :D

Ciao Amica mia Sara :D
How are you today?...sound more upbeat, I think...thnks for yr comp...I'll catch up with Jules&Co, won't I?.. :lol: :lol: ..look a bit more lively Autumn Dirk, eh :wink:

:arrow: soz :oops: for talkin' about too much...(work in Finance..you see :oops: )..I'd be more thinkin' of beautiful lights, X'mas trees...family gatherin'..(before fallin' out again :?: :shock: after unwrappin' the pressies :?..ie 'Did I tell you..I'm gone off pink now? :roll:...or..'Why don't you ask before you bought?'..which in fact, you DID..and..all Answers, you get on the phone is....**sigh**...'Oh, I don't know, Dear :?: '

Sounds good to me....romantic C'mas time in Austria...ummmhh..bet you'll enjoy that :D .

:arrow: me...got invited to Wales fr our buddies few days over X'mas..kids'll go to see Panto on Boxin' Day :wink: then get back for fam.festive time...may be off on holiday (again :lol: ) or do some decoration @ littly :mrgreen: 's bedroom...dependin' on circumstances...(Holiday's my choice :lol:)

Next, pls :!:

Cheerio

Su...x

bibbi
11-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I'll be spending time with my family at Christmas. We don't spend a lot of money on X-mas presents. It's being together which is the most important thing. Some of the best presents I've ever gotten are homemade. It's not the cost of the gift it's the thought that counts. That's the really important thing. One thing I'd really like for X-mas is an authentic autographed photo from Dirk. Also,. being of German background I get to celebrate X-mas twice. Germans celebrate X-mas on X-mas eve. All the bells start ringing at midnight in the churches. It's wonderful! . :D
*Su.! love your new avatar!* :D

dbukfan
11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
:arrow: Here's my all time favorite tune @ Christmas..Hope you guys like it too
........Driving Home For Christmas :D .......By Chris Rea 8) .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSY0VlmX2GU

I just can imagine Dirk plays his piano :wink: ....&...sing-a-long this Tune :lol: few days before Christmas...with his stand-by Cigar :D +a Glass of Malt Whisky :!: ..&..with his hay-sexy voice :oops:...That'd be Splendid :D :lol: :wink:

Su...x

sara
11-08-2007, 10:14 AM
I'll also spend Christmas time with my family.. My parents, and Stefano of course.
I totally agree that hand made presents are much moore precious than bought ones.. :roll:
And also at home.. I like to make the objects myself.. for the tree and the... Presepe (how do you say in English?? In German it's ...Krippe.... :?: ).
The warm familiar atmosphere of Christmas.. a sweet music.. the lights.. oh dear.. my heart is so full of joy when it comes!

When I was a chid I deeply believed in Babbo Natale (Santa Claus) and some of that magic hasn't disappeared yet.. and it will never do...!! :P

A few years ago all the streets were full of lights.. it was a dream... but now Italy is living a serious economical period. Very serious.
There isn't money anymore.. and so nomore Christmas outside.... :(
Families too have a little money.. and preparing Christmas is very difficult than years ago.. Our country is getting everu day poorer.
But Christmas and its magical bells don't need money to be wonderful! Nobody can spoil our hearts!! :D

UKJules
11-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, we will be spending christmas day on our own this year (just 5 of us)........Last year we had parents over for lunch and tea.......my poor old mum had just finished her chemo, bless her.....but managed to enjoy the day, even though she was very tired. This year they're going to my sisters, but will be coming here for Boxing Day (26th). I really enjoy all the festivities.......decorating the house........cooking..........wrapping prezzies........writing christmas cards - It get's you into the christmas spirit.....Ho, Ho, Ho :lol: :!:

BCgal
11-08-2007, 05:40 PM
I love this time of year too! (well when it gets closer). Usually my husband and I spend a quiet Christmas morning together and then all the chaos reigns as we get together with our parents, oy! Next year we hope to be spending Christmas with our first baby :D so all I want for Christmas this year is a positive pregnancy test ;-)
Oh and some steak knives. And lingerie. And a new phone for the bedroom.

I don't ask for much ;-)

dbukfan
11-09-2007, 03:04 AM
I love this time of year too! (well when it gets closer). Usually my husband and I spend a quiet Christmas morning together and then all the chaos reigns as we get together with our parents, oy! Next year we hope to be spending Christmas with our first baby :D so all I want for Christmas this year is a positive pregnancy test ;-)
Oh and some steak knives. And lingerie. And a new phone for the bedroom.
I don't ask for much ;-)

Howdy BCgal

You'd better Hang More 'Mistletoe' :wink: around the house more this yr then, girl :lol:

.....Steak KniveSS.......&.........Lingerie :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock: ..ummhhh 8) :?: ...What a combination :lol: :oops: :?:

I haven't decided yet what I really want thsi year :roll: :?:

Take care

Su...x

BCgal
11-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Ha yes more mistletoe ;-)

After I posted that I laughed at how funny steak knives and lingerie sounded together!! Hehheh, I'm not some s&m nympho I promise :oops:

Lily
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Hello all.
Christmas A great subject.
The shops over here didn't start as early as they normally do., ( still playing normal musak on the shop floor)

I am thankful for the ability to make good friends or I would be definetly on my tod at chrimbo time, there will be Five Year Old too , a second christmas spent with a kiddie that will be cool ( its the only time I use talcum powder as footprints, and I have the old fashioned fireplaces too, so no explanation how Santa goes up and down the chimney!!!).
Love Dean Martin's 'let it Snow' :mrgreen:
Guadete too and The Darkness's 'Don't let the bells end' and loads more.
Christmas really starts for me with the writing of chrimbo cards and buying the 'Radio times'( tv mag)
I would like snow in the midlands ,but I guess thats unlikely ( no snow at christmas for at least 10 years that I can remember)

Christmas is too over hyped and I try and get to the old fashioned way of doing things.
Ah well.

dbukfan
11-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Howdy Lily :wink:
Great Idea... :lol: ..talcum powder footprints :lol: ..didn't know you've got 5 yrs old child..is it a boy or a girl :?: ...Christmas's always def.Great fun for kids..totally agreed with you!!..below as requested...Enjoy it :wink: ...Ho Ho Ho :wink: :D

.............'Let's It Snow'.......by Dean Martin 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64m71wj3Ofk

Su..x

Tracy
11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Ah Christmas. My favorite time of year :D
I'm especially looking forward to this years holidays as my sister, who moved away 4 years ago to another part of the country, is coming home with her husband and my new niece :D
That is the best pressie, other than my kids health and happiness. :D

My Mum is doing a huge Xmas feast this year with all the trimmings.
Goose, crimbo crackers, plum duff, holly and mistletoe, the works :)

My favorite part is the month leading up to Crimbo. The work parties, the friends over parties, the shopping ( yes I actually enjoy the crowds! ) the Crimbo pageants and band concerts, decorating the house all up lovely, just the whole "feel" of the season.

I'll put on my "old time" Crimbo songs ( Dean Martin, Perry Como etc etc ) and decorate away :)

sara
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Oh Tracy, you're so right..
All this atmosphere and this cheerful music are incredible..
At Christmas I become a child again and my enthusiasm in front of my sparkling Christamas tree isn't different from when I was a kid.

Su.. that music is so sweet.. so cool.. so full of feelings and emotions.. I can't express it very well in English.. but I hope you can understand what I mean.. :roll:

Everything.. each single sorrow is sweeter at Christmas time and happiness is melted with a tender nostalgic smell..

Tracy
11-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Everything.. each single sorrow is sweeter at Christmas time and happiness is melted with a tender nostalgic smell..

sara,
That is such a lovely thought! :D

sara
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
:oops: :lol: thank you Tracy...

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
It is Sara! You need to believe your own thought's more!

I want to buy Disney present's for me haha! And so that I can play with the children next year if I go to Germany :oops:

I need to buy also something for my mother her birthday is 4 dec. and we have a special day on 5 dec. for children with gifts and etc.

Tracy
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm almost tempted to make this thread it's own forum for the Holidays.
We could talk about our own around the world traditions, exchange recipes, have some fun..what do you all think? :)

bibbi
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Tracy that's a Great Idea! :D

Sara! :D What a beautiful quote!

Tracy
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
OK Anne is a "yes" vote so that makes two... :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
11-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Very cool idea!

Tracy
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
OK so that's three so far :)

sara
11-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Tracy.. It would be really great!!!! :D :D :D :D
Wonderful idea!! :wink:

sara
11-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I want to buy Disney present's for me haha! And so that I can play with the children next year if I go to Germany :oops:

Adri, at home with my parents (and with Stef aswell!) we are used to watch Disney cartoons at Christmas time.... a sweet family moment!!! :D :D

Lily
11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Howdy Lily :wink:
Great Idea... :lol: ..talcum powder footprints :lol: ..didn't know you've got 5 yrs old child..is it a boy or a girl :?: ...Christmas's always def.Great fun for kids..totally agreed with you!!..below as requested...Enjoy it :wink: ...Ho Ho Ho :wink: :D

.............'Let's It Snow'.......by Dean Martin 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64m71wj3Ofk

Su..x

She is my partners 5 year old , not mine ( and a big learning curve i have had this year and lots of difficulties too if you know what I mean!!)
Thank you for the link xx

Lily
11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Tracey you can put my vote through too btw xx

Lily
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
This is one of my favourites musicians singing December will be magic again ( thats if I can post the link) Kate Bush released eventually in 1980
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-XjaMIO4INU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-XjaMIO4INU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Hope i have managed to do this apologies if not xx

Lily
11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Whoops sorry I didn't manage it.xx

Lily
11-12-2007, 01:17 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-XjaMIO4INU&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-XjaMIO4INU&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> One last go at this here goes

BCgal
11-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Tracey you've got my vote too, excellent idea!!

Tracy
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
OK cool 8)
I'll sit later tonight and create the forum :)

sara
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
OK cool 8)

You're our angel! :wink:
Thank you for your precious work Tracy..

dbukfan
11-13-2007, 03:21 AM
OK cool 8)
Mornin'/Howdy Tracy

You have my Vote too!!...Wow...lots's happenin' here since yesterday/last nite!!! :D...I'd love to see more DBC fans joinin' with this topic more...I found people's thoughts're so so fascinatin/v interestin'.....espec....those Positive vibe :D..(perhaps..Dirk'll read it sometimes :wink: ) , I'll always absorb each mornin' since I've joined this DBC......
The More...The Merriers :lol:
C'mon...Let's Bring It On :wink: :D

Su..x

dbukfan
11-13-2007, 03:46 AM
Howdy Lily

Give me the song's name..I'll post the link for you, right :wink: .no worry!!...thnks for tryin'.

Su..x

Arciris
11-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Hi to all!
Tracy, thanks!! My vote is "yes" too. :wink: Nice!
Su, beutiful theme for this weeks before Crhistmas.
I've been reading your posts. Beautiful feelings and time of illusion. I think when Christmas come we return a little to the childhood, the illusion by the things and this is very important.
I spend Christmas time with my family, too, and Jose, but...he don't like very much Christmas and with him we don't make anything special. I like it very much for to see all my family, atmosphere in the streets, the lights, music..(It's true Sara!) Christma's music is very special.
Thanks for links, Sue!!! They're beautifuls!
Well, we can to speak more of this in the other section of the forum.
About money...every year that it pass I cost less. I buy only a present for my nephew and other for my niece and a little thing for the rest..but..I have 3 sisters and 1 brother and this is much money a present for each one. ha ha, with the euro I can't already.. :evil: Prices are on clouds!!
Thanks for your experiences on Christmas. I like to read them very much because is a time of the year common to all we.
Ohh, Sara, I'm sure Crhistmas in Austria must of being gorgeous but in Italy also, sure. :wink:
The best for me, faces of illusion of the children those days. :wink: Is a good time for them.
Every day a less day for Christmas. :P
Happy tuesday!

Christmastime. Smashing Pumpkins. A very nice song. :P
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=HJGveh3KHZo

dbukfan
11-13-2007, 04:50 AM
....I'm Dreamin' of White Christmas............. :D :wink: Bing Crosby 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Env4WWg0Avs

Lily
11-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Howdy Lily

Give me the song's name..I'll post the link for you, right :wink: .no worry!!...thnks for tryin'.

Su..x

Kate Bush- December will be magic again , is the song ,the live version if poss.
It was relesaed at the time John Lennon was shot and it nosedived at the time.Iits hippy weird and wonderful and I like it, Thanks DB xx
I try to make December be magic again too.
My o/h used to hate it , but sweep away the commecilaism and listen to its heart ,hes learned it can be special.

Lily
11-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Just like to say Thanks Tracey for doing what you are doing. *blows a kiss*

Can I ask about the songs that you hear over Christmas? I know that we in the uk listen to Bing and Nat king Cole and Wham. but due to X factor in the Uk the Christmas songs that get to no 1 aren't christmassy. ( the last big Christmassy hit was the Darkness)
Is Slade 'Merry Christmas Everybody for example played over your neck of the woods as Bing is over here?
Thats why i went for Kate Bush, I guessed that a christmas song that wouldn't be familiar to you.
Whats your big songs that you have in your country but don't think travels elsewhere?
I will propbabaly repeat this question in the new forum if thats ok.

Cheers * starts early*

dbukfan
11-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Hi Lily :wink:

Hope this is the Right tune for you :D

.....December will be Magic Again 8) .......Kate Bush :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfD7FzcjVyQ

Su...x

Lily
11-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Thank you Thank you thank you, thank you... db xx :D
Love love Kate.

sara
11-13-2007, 08:14 AM
:lol: :lol: Christmas music.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it! :wink:

bibbi
11-13-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm already hearing Jingle Bells in my head.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tracy! Yes...you're an angel...
oooohhhh...this thread is gonna be so much fun! :D

dbukfan
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
soz..wrong topic :oops: :lol:

Tracy
11-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Just to let you all know I'm moving this thread over to the "International Holiday" forum.

Since we have members from all over the world, there will of course be *many* different religions/traditions. I'm posting the history of some of them, and encourage everyone else to post about their own holidays and traditions as well.

This site has such an international flavor it's nice to learn about how we all celebrate our heritage's holidays :)

sara
11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Just to let you all know I'm moving this thread over to the "International Holiday" forum.

Since we have members from all over the world, there will of course be *many* different religions/traditions. I'm posting the history of some of them, and encourage everyone else to post about their own holidays and traditions as well.

This site has such an international flavor it's nice to learn about how we all celebrate our heritage's holidays :)

That's great, really really great Tracy!!! :D
Thank you so much for your work... we'll be all enjoying it very much!
Grazie!! (=thank you!)

Petra
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Hello Tracy,

thank you so much for posting this new Christmas-Thread :D
What a great idea! :D :D I think we all will have a lot of fun :D
(can't wait to get holiday, last work-day will be Dec.14th, hurra!!!)

Many Greetings and DANKE

Petra

bibbi
11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
WONDERFUL! :D

BCgal
11-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Yay, t hanks Tracey!

NicoleDutch
11-13-2007, 11:23 AM
*bows* thank u Tracy :wink:

Tracy
11-13-2007, 11:25 AM
OK so now we're all here...who's gonna decorate?? ;)

NicoleDutch
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM

Lol, sure *on my way*

sara
11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
On The Topic "Christmas" in this section, I've written some important traditions of Italian Christmas time... I hope you will join me in writing about your country!!! :P

UKJules
11-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks Tracy for creating this international thread for the different christmases we celebrate........great idea :wink: I'm feeling more christmassy now..........before we know it, the big day will be here :wink: Here's a song to get you into the christmas spirit - very nostalgic.......this is on our tv's here in the UK, every christmas and has been for the last 20+ years :wink:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oPPdlfqAzWM

sara
11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Jules, what a nice link!! Thank you!! :D

sara
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM

What a lovely, nice , cool avatar Tracy!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I love it!!!! :lol:

Arciris
11-14-2007, 05:02 AM
Tracy, thanks so much!! And for your hard work here. :wink: Is perfect!!!
I agree with Sara, Tracy, your avatar is very very nice!!
Thanks to all, too, for all Christmas music. They're very beutiful. In this forum we've entered already in an authentic climate of Christmas. :P
Take care and good day!

ostarella
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Just confirmed my son is able to come home for Christmas - and gets to stay a whole week this year!! That's all the present I need. :D

Christy
11-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanx from me too, Tracy !

My family ( parents, two brothers, sister-in-law, sister, brother-in-law, my 3 nieces and myself ) will get together for Christmas Eve dinner. Then Christmas morning some or all of us ( sometimes my brother and sister-in-law can't make it for breakfast Christmas morning...) do breakfast too. It's our little thing we've been doing for a number of years now. For me.....that's ALL I WANT for Christmas.....to enjoy the holidays with my family.....every year..... :D :wink:

So far my sister and brother-in-law are the only ones in the family to have even started putting Christmas lights, tree, etc. up ! The rest of us are still just thinking about it.....checking the strings of lights ( takes hours....no wait....DAYS !!!...my parents put up an average of about 10,000 + lights...outside alone !......maybe I better make that...WEEKS !... :lol: )...OH, but I LOVE Christmas time....so it's ALL worth it !!!

Take Care and Hugs to ALL,
Christy

bibbi
11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I think the reason the background of the DBC forums is blank is that there are going to be decorations being put up.
Tracy...am I right? :wink:
*there was talk of who's going to deorate*
I'm really enjoying this whole section. :D

Lily
11-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I didn't know whether to post this link here or in the jukebox, however the UK fans will know why i posted this here, these two are shown every christmas, and are very fondly remembered even now,
its not christamssy but would have been shown on a christmas show at sometime. (or indeed every christmas :wink:

( ps Gene Kelly was supposed to have loved this version , here goes...)
Morcambe and Wise traditional christmas tv fare...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDTn-QvO9I

Hope you like it xx

( in fact they are in the guiness book or records for their 1977 christmas, show it got over 28 million people watching, then thats half the population!!!!)

deebeelicious
11-24-2007, 01:07 PM
I didn't know whether to post this link here or in the jukebox, however the UK fans will know why i posted this here, these two are shown every christmas, and are very fondly remembered even now,
its not christamssy but would have been shown on a christmas show at sometime. (or indeed every christmas :wink:

( ps Gene Kelly was supposed to have loved this version , here goes...)
Morcambe and Wise traditional christmas tv fare...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDTn-QvO9I

Hope you like it xx

( in fact they are in the guiness book or records for their 1977 christmas, show it got over 28 million people watching, then thats half the population!!!!)

LOL - that really makes me feel v Christmassy! 8)

I still remember the shock we had when we saw Angela Rippon's legs for the first time! :shock: :P

Not quite the same, but these make me laugh too! :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq8ZnQ95cKk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZK_w1bUpYA&feature=related

Lily
11-25-2007, 04:44 AM
Heh Heh deebee I Have never seen the swear box one... (R Corbett once said that Kelsey Grammer ( Fraiser ) was inspired a little by watching the two Ronnies :D )

(Go on you wanted to put 'Fork handles on :P )

Oh I will try and find the two Ronnies with John Cleese ( since Dirk is a python fan and it ties in with traditional tv christmas ....