PDA

View Full Version : Main Page problem?

ostarella
11-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Is anyone else getting a "new" website when they go to http://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com? If I use just that address, I don't get to the site; if I add /forums or some such, then I get to that area but not the main page... :?: :?:

LZaza
11-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Maybe your computer is haunted. Bwahahahahaha!

I checked out your ghost story, btw. Great job. Really enjoyed the building tension, and the transfiguration of characters.

Lisa

bibbi
11-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I got the same message. I asked Tracy about this. The site's being updated.
So.....there's no computer haunting! :wink:

bibbi
11-04-2007, 06:33 PM
While the site is being updated we'll still have access to the gallery and the forums.
I also saw this at laurette spang's website as well.
I think Tracy will probably post something here about the site update.
I can't wait to see what it looks like! :D

ostarella
11-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Maybe your computer is haunted. Bwahahahahaha!

I checked out your ghost story, btw. Great job. Really enjoyed the building tension, and the transfiguration of characters.

It wouldn't surprise me, the way it's been acting lately. :roll: Oh, and thanks - glad you liked the story. Based on some suggestions, I'm going to be revamping it (I know - already!) so there'll be a couple more chapters. A writer's work is never done... :lol:

ostarella
11-04-2007, 06:45 PM
While the site is being updated we'll still have access to the gallery and the forums.

Yeah, if I add the next part to the address, I can get to it. I didn't know if it was a real update or if there were gremlins at work... :roll:

bibbi
11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
No gremlins! :wink: just an honest to goodness update. :D
*I was wondering the same myself earlier about the gremlins* :lol:

JoDaniels
11-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Hi everyone,
Hope you all ok,

I wonder if the web site update has anything to do with "The New News Coming Soon About Dirk " that Tracey was talking about.

Take Care
Here's Wondering ! :)

Jo

ostarella
11-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Well, the main page is back! Hurray! :lol:

bibbi
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Told ya there weren't no gremlins! :wink: :lol:
*yes....I do speak proper English* :wink: :lol:

Tracy
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Well since Anne has let at least a part of the cat out of the bag ( tsk tsk Anne ;) ) yes there will be some changes. The website format will stay the same, but the colors will change. Also, a blog for Dirk has been installed. It's still being customized at the moment. So he will be writing here, within his blog, from time to time.

There are other surprises, but I will save those for later :-)

starlight
11-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Well since Anne has let at least a part of the cat out of the bag ( tsk tsk Anne ;) ) yes there will be some changes. The website format will stay the same, but the colors will change. Also, a blog for Dirk has been installed. It's still being customized at the moment. So he will be writing here, within his blog, from time to time.

*jumps up and down with exctiement* Thanks for letting us in on the update :) I can't wait to see what Dirk will be writing. I LOVE his writings. And other surprises! Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :D

bibbi
11-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Tracy! Thanks for the news on the update. Dirk's having his own blog here that's very exciting! :D
*promises to keep her lips tightly sealed and fingers away from the keyboard... on any further surprises.* :oops:
Can't wait to see the other surprises! :D

deebeelicious
11-09-2007, 03:51 AM

Dirk's Blockbuster blogs have been a great read, so am really looking forward to the ones on here too. Hope the changes aren't too difficult and you and everyone else here are keeping well. 8)

Tracy
11-09-2007, 07:43 PM

Dirk's Blockbuster blogs have been a great read, so am really looking forward to the ones on here too. Hope the changes aren't too difficult and you and everyone else here are keeping well. 8)

Thanks deebee we hope you are well too :)
The blog is coming very shortly. Dirk is exploring it at the moment and is keen to use it.
Once the link goes live, I'll be posting it :)
It will be nice to have Dirk join our merry little band not just as an observer, but as a participant :)

Flash
11-10-2007, 04:41 AM

That's great news, tracy! And I bet Anne wasn't the only one whose thoughts went in that direction :D I know mine did...
Just one word: I would be very glad for a change of colours. The site looks great and I like the design - but after only a few minutes of reading I have to change my browser to 'no style' every time, because my eyes start watering. :shock: Maybe it's the 'white on black', I don't know. So I really wouldn't mind a change of colours. :oops:

And now....looking forward to Dirk's first blog here. Can't wait :!:

bibbi
11-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I can't wait to see what the new colours are going to look like. I'm sure it'll be FANTASTIC. :D
It'll be exciting knowing that Dirk is going to be joining our merry group.
I feel like a kid at Christmas. Anxiously waiting to see what other surprises are in store. :D

ostarella
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh, I see some changes here. I think I like it. :wink:

facefan
11-19-2007, 07:55 AM
I agree, the new colors are much nicer.

Petra
11-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi,
yes the new color is so great, on my PC it looks blue and
I LOVE BLUE :D :D :D

Greetings

Petra

starlight
11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Have the colours been changed back because it looks just as before to me. :(

bibbi
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
It looks wonderful! I think there are going to more changes in store.
Tracy? :? ??

starlight
11-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Ah ha! I see blue now! Yay! :D