PDA

View Full Version : House Cleaning before the cruise!

John Pickard
09-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi, everybody!

Isn't it exciting, the news that Dirk and Dwight are going to host a cruise? To the Mediterranean? For TWO WEEKS??!!! Tracy's even created a whole new forum just to talk about that. :D

And we decided that NOW would be a very good time to kind of clean up and get things ready.

So all you lurkers - the ones who have registered but haven't posted anything - pay attention!

The weekend of September 22 - the last official weekend of summer is only three weeks away :cry: - we will begin to trim the member list of those folks who are not participating on our boards. Anyone who has been a member here longer than a couple of weeks and hasn't said "hello", "here I am", or "BOO", before the 22nd, is going to find their membership account deleted by the evening of the 23rd.

There are a couple of reasons why we want to do this. First, it simply takes up resources to keep all the profiles of non-participating members. Second, I'm sure you're all aware of the problem message boards have with automated registrations - member accounts that are created by computer programs rather than people - that never have any activity at all. We've had our share of those over the past couple of years, and some of the accounts in our database are, no doubt, products of "spambots".

And, of course, there's the thought that don't we want all our registered members to be participating along with the rest of us? Talking with us, laughing with us, sharing with us? Otherwise, why go to the bother of registering at all?

So - please, please, please take the next step and introduce yourself in the next three weeks, if you haven't already.

And have fun! :lol:

I am
Dawg
Admin, Dirk's Works @ DBC

Denise Ross
09-01-2007, 11:32 PM
OK Dawg I am saying BOO! I apologize for not communicating more often I need to get my life to slow down a bit. :oops: On a different note I posted this before but, does anyone know anyone who would like to come and speak at my store? The topic must be about healthy issues and you must be qualified. Such as a macrobiotic counsellor, naturopath, etc. Any Ideas? Thanks for the info Tracy I am looking in to it.

John Pickard
09-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Well,

BOO

right back atcha, Denise! :lol:

You're in no danger of being deleted, Denise. While life will demand we pay attention elsewhere on occasion, you do participate - as of today, you've racked up 47 posts since you registered. It's the people who registered months ago who have never posted who will find themselves on the outside trying to look in, if they don't introduce themselves in the days prior to September 22.

I am
Dawg

Denise Ross
09-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Whew!! I don't know what I would do without all of you some days :) Its nice to be able to talk to people with similar interests ( and loves :oops: )

John Pickard
09-15-2007, 03:29 PM
BUMP!

*ow*

Just a reminder - we've got only ONE MORE WEEK before we clean house and the non-participating registrations will be trimmed.

If you lurkers don't post and say Hi by next Saturday (9/22), you may not be able to on Sunday (9/23).

This is the last warning.

We will try to give our newest registered members a break, but if you've got a big old goose-egg in the "# posts" spot next weekend, don't be surprised if your log-in suddenly stops working.

Thanks.

I am
Dawg

John Pickard
09-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen:

In about 36 hours, the process will begin to remove those registrations that show no activity.

If you are a registered member and have not yet posted on our forums, I urge you in the strongest possible terms to do so before Saturday morning, Pacific Time.

Thanks!

I am
Dawg

John Pickard
09-22-2007, 07:45 PM
I am pleased to report to you all that the member list has been trimmed of those who have never posted a thing (with certain exceptions, including our newest members).

From this point on, we will be monitoring the new members, and if they don't post an introduction within a week or two of joining, we'll assume they don't want to maintain their membership here.

After some discussion as well, we'll be adding a couple of minor things to the "Rules":

Rules (http://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123)

I encourage all "newbies" (and anybody else who hasn't scanned them in awhile) to take a look, since this is how we manage this place.

;)

Thanks for your participation!

I am
Dawg

deebeelicious
09-24-2007, 04:45 AM
Hi, hope you don't mind this query.
I just clicked on the 'members' list as I wanted to see what my new membership number was (OK, I know that is extremely sad :oops: ). Anyhow, it's not letting me see the list. Is that a permanent change, or just whilst the house clean is going on?
Thanks

Zoe-Alyssa
11-27-2007, 09:24 AM
From this point on, we will be monitoring the new members, and if they don't post an introduction within a week or two of joining, we'll assume they don't want to maintain their membership here.

A very dumb question from me...but is there an introduction topic and if so where do I go to find it. Where do I post my introduction.

John Pickard
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM

A very dumb question from me...but is there an introduction topic and if so where do I go to find it. Where do I post my introduction.

You are welcome to start an intro thread of your own, Zoe-Alyssa, or pop in to an existing thread and say Hello.

There is also the "Get to know your fellow Dirkette's" thread, in the Main Discussion area:

http://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=596

Make yourself at home.

Welcome!

I am
Dawg

Sarika
05-19-2008, 02:24 AM
You're a tough cookie Dawg, and scaring me like that with all your "Boo's!":eek:...:D

Well, hope our newbies have decided to join in on the fun here.;)