PDA

View Full Version : (2)Recipies -(Shitake Mushrooms & Leeks) & (Parsnips

Ingra
04-30-2007, 06:31 PM
A couple of weeks ago i decided to buy shitake mushrooms, had no idea what to do with them but i bought them along with the leeks. This is (for the time being) my favorite dish. I dont cook with measurements, i just go by eye..

ingredients:
Sesame oil (1 tablespoon, more if needed)
2 Leeks (chopped)
l Lb.Shitake Mushrooms (diced)

i have a cast iron pan, warm up the Sesame oil a bit, then add the leeks,cook the leeks halfway then add the mushrooms, let it stay till the shrooms and leeks are cooked..add sea salt if you like or a little bit of tahari sauce and serve by itself or with Whole Wheat noodles or Brown Rice.

Parsnips with Parsley

ingredients:
(3) Parsnips (after steaming, dice them)
Parsley
Chicken broth

Clean parsnips, Steam to get soft and dice them. Add diced parsnips into pan with 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth, let stay till it evaporates, add parsley 1 minute before shutting the gas,(gives it so much flavor :wink: ) add salt if you like.

I have been experimenting lately, we have the asian food stores here in queens and i try to buy something new and interesting every week, really i didnt think i would like parsnips, but they are delicious..

Hope you enjoy :D

Ingra

dbukfan
05-01-2007, 03:12 AM
A couple of weeks ago i decided to buy shitake mushrooms, had no idea what to do with them but i bought them along with the leeks. This is (for the time being) my favorite dish. with Whole Wheat noodles or Brown Rice.
they are delicious..

Hope you enjoy :D

Ingra

Bonjour Ingra

Did'nt know U're Master Chef in NY...buddy!!!...........That's sound delicious indeed :wink:

What time U'll be ready.....I'll be there with my new mate fr Montana....no chicken cubes, pls!! :lol: :lol: ...that's what I call....'Supper for Three....It's Lovely...Jubly' :lol: :lol:

Have a nice day :D :D :D

Ciao Bella

dbukfan...xx

Genny
05-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Yum ! :D