PDA

View Full Version : stuffed onions

Genny
04-28-2007, 08:06 PM
One large onion per person. Peel off the outer brown skins. Cut the tops flat and take out the cores. Stuff with brown rice cooked for ten minutes then drained, plus mushrooms and herbs plus seasoning. Can also add pinenuts . Cook until onion is soft throughout. These are nice on a cold evening..and you can add sweetcorn, or cooked beans. Vegetarian gravy also nice, with these.

Sue Donim
04-29-2007, 07:43 AM
One large onion per person. Peel off the outer brown skins. Cut the tops flat and take out the cores. Stuff with brown rice cooked for ten minutes then drained, plus mushrooms and herbs plus seasoning. Can also add pinenuts . Cook until onion is soft throughout. These are nice on a cold evening..and you can add sweetcorn, or cooked beans. Vegetarian gravy also nice, with these.

Sounds yummy... thanks for that... I'll try it

Sue

starlight
05-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Oh boy! That sounds delicious! I LOVE onions. I shall try that one out.

Genny
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Ta ! was very popular in Wales, years ago minus rice,,sometimes with mince. Good for health, onions and garlic aren't they. I like garlic cooked until it's sweet but don't like it raw or half cooked. It tastes too bitter, for me. Had garlic chips, in Spain, years ago. Revolting, they were. :shock: :shock:

bibbi
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Genny! :D
Thanks for sharing that. :D
I've heard of stuffed mushrooms, tomatoes, but not stuffed onions. 'Til now.
Will try that this weekend.
THANKS! :D

Take care,
Anne :)