PDA

View Full Version : Some phrases in spanish.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Arciris
04-20-2007, 05:16 AM
Well, I put some phrases in spanish that that they are related with Dirk :)
To request of some member :wink:

"A mí me gusta mucho Dirk como actor, porqué es muy expresivo y trasmite mucho sentiimiento cuando habla"
"To me I like much Dirk like actor, because he's very expressive and he transimits much feeling when he speaks"

"I like much" = me gusta mucho. The verb is "gustar". But in english "like" is too for to compare, for example "like Dirk say..." and in spanish "like" is only "gustar". For say "like Dirk say" it would be "como Dirk dice". This second "like" in spanish is "como".

Another easy prhrase, that Dirk said in house:

"La gente te ve rico, famoso, sexualmente atrayente y y eso está bien mientras el show es actual pero no cuando se acabó"
"People see that your are rich, famous, sexually attractive and this is fine while the show is running but not when show is off".
More or less, this is...Sorry if the phrase not is exactly that Dirk said..perhaps was in other words. Is an example, only..

Good morining :wink:

DBUKFAN II
04-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Hi Arciris

That's brilliant of U!!..Lily'll so chuff with that...so no BOXING Gloves, pls!!, Lily :lol: :lol:

Bravo...Viva ESPANA!!! :D :lol: :D

Adios

dbukfan...x

dbukfan
04-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Ole' Arciris

I think Lily also starts this topic on the main discussion area same time as U..so may be, U'll have to move yr class to join her there!!

Hey..I didn't put db's note pad under my pillow..as it may get squashy..I'll blow xxx fr it to U in Barcelona too...Got it :wink: :wink: :wink:

Restful wkend. :D :)

take care

dbukfan...x

Lily
04-21-2007, 03:51 AM
yes I did, but no matter I can asked for it to be removed.

porque is the prounoncition of que - chee as in cheese or kee as in keep?

Many thanks
and Good Morning to you.

Or Ay up mi duck which the Notts /Leic way meaning is....
Hello my dear.

sara
04-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Well, I put some phrases in spanish that that they are related with Dirk :)
To request of some member :wink:

"A mí me gusta mucho Dirk como actor, porqué es muy expresivo y trasmite mucho sentiimiento cuando habla"
"To me I like much Dirk like actor, because he's very expressive and he transimits much feeling when he speaks"

"I like much" = me gusta mucho. The verb is "gustar". But in english "like" is too for to compare, for example "like Dirk say..." and in spanish "like" is only "gustar". For say "like Dirk say" it would be "como Dirk dice". This second "like" in spanish is "como".

Another easy prhrase, that Dirk said in house:

"La gente te ve rico, famoso, sexualmente atrayente y y eso está bien mientras el show es actual pero no cuando se acabó"

"People see that your are rich, famous, sexually attractive and this is fine while the show is running but not when show is off".
More or less, this is...Sorry if the phrase not is exactly that Dirk said..perhaps was in other words. Is an example, only..

Good morining :wink:

Hi Aciris!! :D

I was considering how Spanish is similar to Italian...
The traslation of your Spanish sentences in Italian is:

"Mi piace molto Dirk come attore perchè è molto espressivo e trasmette molti sentimenti quando parla"

"La gente ti vede ricco, famoso, sessualmente attraente, e questo va bene finchè lo show va avanti, ma non quando finisce"

You know.. I study foreign language at University (German, English, French) and I teach German... I adore linguistic exchanges!!! :lol: ..... Me gusta mucho!!!! :wink:

Take care!

Arciris
04-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Hello!!
Sorry, I didn't seen the answers here and I've write in the other topic. Sorry Tracy..I don't know delete there..
Heii Dbuk! Ha ha, I hope that your Dirk's letter well be kept. Yes, sure! Your'e welcome in Bcn, you know. :wink:
Lily!! :P
Porque in affirmation prhase in english is "Because".
Por qué?? in the interrogatory phrase is "Why"
Cheese is in spanish "queso".
And keep is in spanish "subistencia".

Yes, prounoncition of "porque" is thus, as it sounds. :wink:

Hi Sara!!
Yess, it's very similar to spanish! I adore Italian language and I would like learn it, but in university I single learned only a few phrases of it and latin and greek. Very few... :cry:
We we could also make lessons english-italian-spanish! What do you think?? :wink:

Thanks to all for your interest!
Buona fine settimana! Is that?
Good weekend!

Lily
04-22-2007, 04:54 AM
In the midlands ,as in all parts of the uk, there is different accents, london cockney speak is very well known ie 'up the old apple and pears means going up the stairs.

here its a whole new language. The Midlands is as pronounced
Using Dirk as an example.
Local accent 'Ay that film Dirk did woz dead gud innit'
English 'oh that film that Dirk has done was very good indeed'
The word 'dead' is used as an emphasis -dead gud meaning really good or dead nasty- very nasty.

Or if we request a drink- to ask properly would be Please (Dirk) would you buy me a drink?
Local Accent - 'Gerrus onein ' meaning get us one in.
As with a lot of accents the words tend to flow very fast without a pause for breath.
( or thought at times)

Over to you Arciris and Sara xxx

sara
04-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi Arciris!!! Hi Lily!!! :D
It would be really great to make lessons english-italian-spanish, as you proposed!!! :lol:

I find it really very interesting indeed.. ( Lily, is it possible to say "dead interesting" in this case?! :roll:)

Actually even in Italian we say "è bello da morire", meaning "it's dead gud" (and "morire" means "to die").

In Italian we use the word "gustare" (same as in Spanish) to mean "to taste", and the verb "piacere" to mean "to like".

Like (preposition) is "como" in Spanish and "come" in Italian.
I'd really like to study Spanish as well.. I think that my mother tongue should help me much more than in studying English or German..! :)

Arciris, How do you say "buon fine settimana" in Spanish?

A presto!!

Arciris
04-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi!!! Lily and Sara, and to all!
Lily, that's interesting!! I didn't know about The Midlands.It's very different of general english, really? I like it!
To die in spanish is "morir" and for example "è bello da morire" is "es bello morir" or "es bonito morir". Yeah, is more similar to spanish.
"Hello, how are you" is in spanish "hola, como estas?" In spanish normally it's not put "you"= "tu" because one already assumes that one talks about the other person "como estas (tu)".
Or "how are you" in plural is in spanish "como estais" the verb is in plural because is "como estais" (vosotros) like plural.
Sara, "buon fine settimana" in spanish is "Buen fin de semana". :wink:
An other example:
We love Dirk :P = Nosotros amamos (o queremos) a Dirk.
Love is "Querer" o "Amar". I think that in italian is very similar, really?
Lily, that's mean exactly "up the old apple and pears means going up the stairs"?? Is a idiom?
It's very interesting in different languages, his "idioms"= "frases hechas or refranes" in spanish.
Up lessons!! Andiamo tutti! :lol:
Bye
Ciao
Adiós
Adéu (this is in catalan, my maternal language :wink: )

Lily
04-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Yes Sara you can say its 'dead 'interesting :wink:

Aciris 'london speak' as in' up the old apples and pears' rhymes with Stairs, so if someone from london says that they're going up the old apples and pears to bed
they mean they are going to climb the stairs to go to bed.

Another example is quite new.
'I haven't got got a scoobys' this means' I don't know' because scooby doo ( famous cartoon dog) rhymes with clue. So I haven't got a clue.
In context if some asks, 'Hey do you know where I put my car keys?'
you would answer 'I haven't got a scoobys' ( which means I do not know, I don't have a clue where your keys are)

One I hadn't heard of and may be of interest to Dirk :wink: , that to go drinking all day is to do a Leo Sayer (rhymes with all dayer!)

I do like to see the written Spanish and Italian language its so beautiful, ( and to me passionate)
Love Light and peace Lily xxxx

dbukfan
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Yes Sara you can say its 'dead 'interesting :wink:

Aciris 'london speak' as in' up the old apples and pears' rhymes with Stairs, so if someone from london says that they're going up the old apples and pears to bed
they mean they are going to climb the stairs to go to bed.

Love Light and peace Lily xxxx

Ole'

How about..' a Dog & Bone '........= a phone..............Lovely Jubly :wink: :wink: :wink: .

Ciao

dbukfan...x

Arciris
04-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks Lily!!
This time I have understood that it means the phrase :wink: . Well, this night I will say: "up the old apples and pears" when my mother and father say to me night! :wink:
Ohh, I like very much scoobys! Yeahh, I remember famous cartoon dog! In spanish tv I had seen it. :P Thanks for example!
Yeahh, it's lovely differents languages and things in common and the others than not.

"One I hadn't heard of and may be of interest to Dirk , that to go drinking all day is to do a Leo Sayer (rhymes with all dayer!)" Ha ha ha, loool!!

Hi Dbuk!!! I didn't know "a Dog & Bone"= a phone. People say that every day something is learned, and it's true!! :D
Good morning and lovely day for you!!
See you soon, in other post for our lessons. :wink:

sara
04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone!! :D
Hola Arciris!! :lol:
Ciao Lily!! :)

Last weekend I was watching the A-Team episode (Season 5) in which Face is shot ( :cry: ) in the Italian restaurant where Murdock works (sorry , don't remember the title! :oops: ). When They want to say in Italian sentence, joking about the fact that the restaurant "villa cucina" was Italian, they say .."me gusta mucho, muchachos!!".. but it isn't Italian, it's Spanish!!!! :roll:
The Italian for it is : MI PIACE TANTO RAGAZZI!

Is it so frequent abroad to get confused between Italian and Spanish??!!

Btw, should I join this topic on the Main Discussion Area, or do you like to go on here?

Take care
Kiss

dbukfan
04-24-2007, 10:24 AM
!
Hi Dbuk!!! I didn't know "a Dog & Bone"= a phone. People say that every day something is learned, and it's true!! :D
Good morning and lovely day for you!!
See you soon, in other post for our lessons. :wink:

Ole Arciris

How about this below, (been checked & verified by ex-Londoner, another mate) :wink:

Rubber Dub = PUB :wink:
Tumble down the sink = DRINK :lol:
Frog and Toad = ROAD
Hampstead Heath = TEETH :)
Trouble :roll: and Strife = WIFE :shock: :shock: :roll:
Lionel Blair = CHAIR
Four by Two = DUE
Richard the III = BIRD :wink:

This is also I've learnt all these cockney slangs too...let's join GUEST's club :wink: :wink:

Cheers

dbukfan...x

Arciris
04-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Hello!
Hola!!
Yes, Sara, it's true! In this episode of italian restaurant they say prhase in spanish, not italian. Yes, I think that probably is easy to confuse italian for spanish for the accents perhaps, or the form of pronounce. For american people, perhaps is more similar. Here could to confirm this, members of usa or canada? :wink:
Dbuk, thanks for words!!! I like learn more about this. :P I hope more, please. :wink:
Up Guest's club!! :lol:
Kisses!

Lily
04-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Ay up mi ducks , Sara and Arciris, and a polite good atternoon to dbukfan.

I find my local accent is quite clean, its not strong and its understandable when I speak english, however in writing down 'midlands' words I have found that I used them more than I realised.
One I use is 'awerre' ( prononced a -wer ) this actually means i find your statement untruthful!
If I say you are being 'mardy' ( mar-di) I mean you are being miserable
If I say 'yo duttie sodd' - ( you dirty person) it actually means that I find your language disgusting!!!

When I post a reply my accent in my head sounds softer as I form my words as I write.
Weird isn't it!!!

Lily
04-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone!! :D
Hola Arciris!! :lol:
Ciao Lily!! :)

Last weekend I was watching the A-Team episode (Season 5) in which Face is shot ( :cry: ) in the Italian restaurant where Murdock works (sorry , don't remember the title! :oops: ). When They want to say in Italian sentence, joking about the fact that the restaurant "villa cucina" was Italian, they say .."me gusta mucho, muchachos!!".. but it isn't Italian, it's Spanish!!!! :roll:
The Italian for it is : MI PIACE TANTO RAGAZZI!

Is it so frequent abroad to get confused between Italian and Spanish??!!

Btw, should I join this topic on the Main Discussion Area, or do you like to go on here?

Although I don't know spanish Or italian that well, I would be suprised at the mix up, and as far as i know people here do know the difference.

see you later xxx

Take care
Kiss

Lily
04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
*sighs* proved yet again I can mess up a quote oh well
Any americanisms we can learn?
Ie whats american for anorak ( as Dirk did learn himself, that made me chuckle)
Ps an anorak can mean 2 things ! an outdoor rainproof garment, or a slang word for being passionate about something, trainspotters or intense Dr Who fans are known as 'anoraks'....

But seriously what can have got lost in translation?

dbukfan
04-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Ay up mi ducks , Sara and Arciris, and a polite good atternoon to dbukfan.

I find my local accent is quite clean, its not strong and its understandable when I speak english, however in writing down 'midlands' words I have found that I used them more than I realised.
One I use is 'awerre' ( prononced a -wer ) this actually means i find your statement untruthful!
If I say you are being 'mardy' ( mar-di) I mean you are being miserable
If I say 'yo duttie sodd' - ( you dirty person) it actually means that I find your language disgusting!!!

When I post a reply my accent in my head sounds softer as I form my words as I write.
Weird isn't it!!!

Wahey Lily

U don't need to be too polite with yr buddy, U know...I've been raised as a child with quite stricted parents...not that I feel rebellious towards them or anything, I always do respect them alot.....one rule is, they never allowed us speak bad words in the house....otherwise...me & my sis'll def. be in deep trouble. :roll: :roll:
Infact, never learn so much slang words in my life until join U lot...U're v good to open up
this kind of thing..U know..really appreciated it.
Like Arciris says...V all learn new things everyday!! :wink: :wink:
And U're abs. normal and being truthful to us..NOThing weird about it, is there....I listen to Dirk on JJ's...he said this day if U re normal for being yrself...or kinda being truthful, has become 'Eccentric'.

Nite Nite..off to Apprentice now.

dbukfan..x

Arciris
04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Lily and Dbuk!!
Very interesting your words about language.
Lily, is very good that exist differents "dialectos" or other words for the same language. People say that how many accents and laguages exists, many rich is a idiom. I think that this it's true.
"When I post a reply my accent in my head sounds softer as I form my words as I write.
Weird isn't it!!!" yeah, to me happens the same. It's said, too, that we think in our matern language. When I write, I think in catalan, my maternal language and with that I speak at home. It's a curious thing, but is universal, I think. :D
About anorak, yes! Here is "anorac" too. But here only means one thing, not two.
Yes, bad words, is a very extended thing...I don't know about that Dirk had said. Is another interesant thing of many, many, many he say :P .
I'm apprentice here, too :wink: .
Sorry again, I have to use a translator but many things I write bad, sure.. :cry:
Night and sweet dreams. :wink:

Arciris
04-27-2007, 10:44 AM
A beautiful short "love poem" in spanish for today. :P

"Mece mis sentimientos con tu mirada dulce,
deja que me duerma esta noche en tu regazo,
mientras cierro los ojos y recuerdo tu cara bella
para soñar mientras viva".

"You rocks my feelings with your sweet glance,
leaves sleeps to me tonight in your lap,
while I close the eyes and memory your beautiful face
for to dream while I live".

In order to think about who we want when we read the poem... :lol: :lol:
Happy weekend!!

sara
04-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Ciao Arciris!!! Ciao Lily!!! Ciao a tutti!!! :D :D :D

Lily, I was considering... my English language IS actually disgusting.. so you should say "yo duttie sodd" to me!!!???!!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

Very nice poem, Arciris.. Thank you! :D

I'd like to repeat here a message I wrote some time ago in the main discussion area, cause I think it belongs particularely to this topic and I'd like to have your opinion.. :) :

talian dubbers tried to translate the original names of the A-Team characters, but I don't like the result very much.
Murdock and Hannibal keep their original names,
B.A. is called P.E. which stays for Pessimo Elemento (it means "very bad element")
Face is called Faccia da Sberle (or, shortly, Sberla) which means more or less "cheeky face": this expression (not perfectly translatable, in fact "sberla" literally means "slap") can have an affectionate and playful meaning in Italian.
However I don't like these translations.. What do you think about it? Do you think they respect the original intentions?

A presto e un abbraccio a tutti!! :wink:

Lily
04-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Arciris that poem is short and beautifully sweet and i have just read it before I go to bed thank you I am so grateful.xxxx

Sara unless you use swear words whilst learning english I am unlikely to say " yo duttie sodd!!!! :lol: :wink:
In answer to your second question I'm sorry to say in your language the words horse manure would sound lovely, :lol:
I agree with you on the bad element desciption for B.A but i'll have to think hard on the cheeky face description I think it kind of suits him hmmm

sara
04-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Sara unless you use swear words whilst learning english I am unlikely to say " yo duttie sodd!!!! :lol: :wink:
In answer to your second question I'm sorry to say in your language the words horse manure would sound lovely, :lol:
I agree with you on the bad element desciption for B.A but i'll have to think hard on the cheeky face description I think it kind of suits him hmmm

Ciao Lily!!
Now I see what you were meaning with "disgusting language" as far as the expression "yo duttie sodd" is concerned...!!!!! :oops: :lol: .. I thought "disgusting" only meant "very bad" (which is the meaning of "disgustoso" in Italian!). Sorry!!!

ok, since many of you tell me that Italian has a nice sound, I'll write you a short text that you'll certanly recognize:

"dieci anni fa, un gruppo si commando specializzati operante in Vietnam venne accusato ingiustamente da un tribunale militare. Evasi da un carcere di massima sicurezza, si rifugiarono a Los Angeles, vivendo in clandestinità. Se avete un problema che nessuno può risolvere, e se riuscite a trovarli, forse anche voi potrete ingaggiare il famoso......A-Team!!!!! :D

You guessed it??? :wink: It's the introduction at the very beginning of the episodes of the A-Team, before the tune :lol:

bibbi
04-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Hallo Alle! :D
Sag Mal Wie gehts?
Es geht Mir Sehr Gut! :D

That's German for Hello everyone! Say there how goes it(slang) and it's going very well for me! :D

We could start a whole language club. :D :lol:

I was born in Canada, but grew up speaking German. I didn't speak English until I was five. My parents were from Germany and I have dual citizenship.

I took Spanish in high school and can speak and read it, fairly well.

Take care,
Alles Gute!
(All the Best!)
Anne :)

Lily
04-29-2007, 04:20 AM

Ciao Lily!!
Now I see what you were meaning with "disgusting language" as far as the expression "yo duttie sodd" is concerned...!!!!! :oops: :lol: .. I thought "disgusting" only meant "very bad" (which is the meaning of "disgustoso" in Italian!). Sorry!!!

ok, since many of you tell me that Italian has a nice sound, I'll write you a short text that you'll certanly recognize:

"dieci anni fa, un gruppo si commando specializzati operante in Vietnam venne accusato ingiustamente da un tribunale militare. Evasi da un carcere di massima sicurezza, si rifugiarono a Los Angeles, vivendo in clandestinità. Se avete un problema che nessuno può risolvere, e se riuscite a trovarli, forse anche voi potrete ingaggiare il famoso......A-Team!!!!! :D

You guessed it??? :wink: It's the introduction at the very beginning of the episodes of the A-Team, before the tune :lol:

Disgusting If i use that word, can mean bad or nasty using disgusting to describe something you hear or some you have seen that is awful so using very bad is right in what you say, but your wriitten english is very clear so don't worry. :) It'll be ages before I have the courage to attempt something in Italian / spanish.

Anne thank-you or dankershen if thats right the right spelling ( i 've tried phonetically) :wink:

sara
04-29-2007, 05:33 AM
Sag Mal Wie gehts?
Es geht Mir Sehr Gut! :D

That's German for Hello everyone! Say there how goes it(slang) and it's going very well for me! :D

We could start a whole language club. :D :lol:

I was born in Canada, but grew up speaking German. I didn't speak English until I was five. My parents were from Germany and I have dual citizenship.

I took Spanish in high school and can speak and read it, fairly well.

Take care,
Alles Gute!
(All the Best!)

Hallo Anne!!!!
So sprichst du Deutsch??!! :P Wunderbar!!! :D :D
Wie ich hier schon geschrieben habe, habe ich Deutsch lange gelernt und jetzt darf ich endlich es lehren!! :)
Ich liebe diese Sprache, und natürlich auch das Land, das ich mehrmals besichtigt habe..

Sorry everybody, I got carried away by enthusiasm!! :oops: :lol:
I really love German and, whenever I can, I always go to Austria and Germany!!

It'll be ages before I have the courage to attempt something in Italian / spanish.

Hi Lily!!!
Trying to speak a foreign language is always amusing and also useful...
I think it doesn't matter how many mistakes you make (I'm an example in English :oops: :wink:), the only important thing is to make an effort and to understand each other!!! :wink:

I'm really glad to find someone interested in my language!! :lol:

Alles Gute
All the best
Statemi bene
:D :D :D :D

bibbi
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Hallo Sara! :D
Ja!, Ich spreche Deutsch! Wie Geht es Dir? Es Geht Mir Nicht so Gut. Ich habe eine Erkeldung. :(
I've got this bad head cold and have laryngitis and can't speak. Luckily, I can type! :lol:
I grew up speaking German. It drove my friends crazy. At home we spoke half English and half German. My parents dubbed the language "mish-mash". :lol:
If I ever get the chance to meet Dirk, I can teach him some more German. :oops: :wink: :lol:

:shock: I see that now I'm a Dirkaholic. :D :lol:
*I wonder what Dirk would think of that?* :oops: :D :lol:

Take care,
Alles Gute! :D

sara
04-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Ja!, Ich spreche Deutsch! Wie Geht es Dir? Es Geht Mir Nicht so Gut. Ich habe eine Erkeldung. :(
I've got this bad head cold and have laryngitis and can't speak. Luckily, I can type! :lol:
I grew up speaking German. It drove my friends crazy. At home we spoke half English and half German. My parents dubbed the language "mish-mash". :lol:
If I ever get the chance to meet Dirk, I can teach him some more German. :oops: :wink: :lol:

:shock: I see that now I'm a Dirkaholic. :D :lol:
*I wonder what Dirk would think of that?* :oops: :D :lol:

Take care,

Ciao Anne!!!
So you can speak English as well as German.. das finde ich enfach toll!!! :D
It took me a lot of time to learn them.. and I still have many difficulties when I wrrite like this.. You know.. I've studied exactly foreign literatures and particularely the translation English/German :arrow: Italian...... This is because the "spoken" language (slang, idioms etc) is so hard to me!! :(

Es tut mir sehr leid, dass du erkältet bist... Trink heiße Getränke, bleib im Bett und... schreib uns!!!! :lol: :wink:

Gute Besserung!
Get well!
Guarisci presto!

sara
05-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Lily, Arciris......I miss you!! :cry:
It's quite a lot of time I don't hear you!!!
Come va?
How are you?
Como estas?
:wink: :lol: :P

Lily
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Ay up then Sara, I am still around, reading. And its been 22 centigrade over here so I have been out and about xx

So how about 'the sun is shining ' in Italian?

here we would say ...
Ot innit? prounounced Ot in-nit (hot isn't it?)

sara
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Ay up then Sara, I am still around, reading. And its been 22 centigrade over here so I have been out and about xx

So how about 'the sun is shining ' in Italian?

here we would say ...
Ot innit? prounounced Ot in-nit (hot isn't it?)

Ciao Lily!! I'm glad to find your answer! :lol: :D
Here it was 30 centigrade in the last few days :shock: but now it rains and it's cold.. too cold.. sigh!!
The sun is shining = il sole splende
it's hot = fa caldo
it's cold = fa freddo
It rains = piove

a friend of mine has moved to London and she's always suffering because of the weather..!! :wink:

Bona giornata!! :D

Lily
05-02-2007, 02:09 PM
London can be so enclosed with buildings so close together ( what I've seen as I don't live there) to me can give a feeling of claustophobia even being outside! and the weather can be quite up and down too. It was only as recent as the 1950's people were dying from 'smog' ( when temp goes down and old style heating went on to create an unhealthy atmosphere) Although Smog hasn't appeared since, ipersonally I couldn't live in London ( even more crowded than the midlands!

However I do like to visit , I am not London bashing, you know.

Arciris
05-03-2007, 03:52 AM
Hello!!
How are you?? :D I have a few days of holidays :wink: but I'm already here.
I like posts, girls! We have added another language, German! Anne, well! Up language club!! :lol: Our lessons are very interesting. :D I think that to Dirk likes it too, sure!

Ohh, Sara! Italian is very similar to catalan, more than spanish. I put:
The sun is shining = El sol és esplèndid.
It's hot = "fa calor" or "fa calda" (informal word)
I'ts cold = fa fred
It rains = plou

In spanish is a few different.

Here today it's cloudly and afternoon it will rain..But it's normal in spring and rain is needed much here, usually it often does not rain.
Lily. I agree. I don't like cities..Barcelona is very beautiful for visit but not for live..much noise, much cars, few space for very people..but I am going to give strolls by the beacha and there is more tranquillity there. Then, I feel better. :)
Kisses!!
Good morning to all!

sara
05-03-2007, 07:58 AM
London can be so enclosed with buildings so close together ( what I've seen as I don't live there) to me can give a feeling of claustophobia even being outside! and the weather can be quite up and down too. It was only as recent as the 1950's people were dying from 'smog' ( when temp goes down and old style heating went on to create an unhealthy atmosphere) Although Smog hasn't appeared since, ipersonally I couldn't live in London ( even more crowded than the midlands!

However I do like to visit , I am not London bashing, you know.

Ciao Lily! :lol: :lol:
I've never been to the uk yet, but I'd really like to. Londonmust be chaotic but also charming.. However I'd like to visit Scotland and Ireland as well...
Where are you from exactly :?:

Hello!!
How are you?? Very Happy I have a few days of holidays Wink but I'm already here.
I like posts, girls! We have added another language, German! Anne, well! Up language club!! Laughing Our lessons are very interesting. Very Happy I think that to Dirk likes it too, sure!

Ohh, Sara! Italian is very similar to catalan, more than spanish. I put:
The sun is shining = El sol és esplèndid.
It's hot = "fa calor" or "fa calda" (informal word)
I'ts cold = fa fred
It rains = plou

In spanish is a few different.

Here today it's cloudly and afternoon it will rain..But it's normal in spring and rain is needed much here, usually it often does not rain.
Lily. I agree. I don't like cities..Barcelona is very beautiful for visit but not for live..much noise, much cars, few space for very people..but I am going to give strolls by the beacha and there is more tranquillity there. Then, I feel better. Smile
Kisses!!
Good morning to all!

Arciris!!
Welcome back!! :D

Catalan is very similar to Italian, you're right.
Some people I know studied Spanish at school... they told me some words in the past but I'm not sure I remember them... let's see.. :roll:

Hola, que tal?=Hi, how are you?........ or not??? :oops:
Hasta l'huego=see you soon
Hasta magnana=good morning

May I ask to you why the sign " :?: " appears a lot of times overturned at the beginning of the sentence?

A presto!! (see you soon!)

:)

Arciris
05-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Ciao Sara!
You're welcome again, too! :D
Yess, very well!
"Hola, que tal?" or "hola,como estas?" = Hello, how are you?
Hasta luego = See you soon
But..
Good morning = Buenos días.
"Hasta mañana" would be "See you soon tomorrow" :wink:

About your question. I don't know if I have understood well it. :roll: Do you ask me why in spanish before of the questions we put this (¿¿¿¿) or why in my posts appear these signs??
In spanish before the questions, yes, we put ever ¿ For example: Hola, ¿como estas? only in small letters not in capital letters. i think that it's an orthographic norm that they could suppress :x . In catalan, however, not..never we put ¿¿ before a question.

If it's about that appear the sign in my posts..I don't know. Perhaps is an "File X" hahaha :lol: .

Good night!!

sara
05-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Ciao Sara!
You're welcome again, too! :D
Yess, very well!
"Hola, que tal?" or "hola,como estas?" = Hello, how are you?
Hasta luego = See you soon
But..
Good morning = Buenos días.
"Hasta mañana" would be "See you soon tomorrow" :wink:

About your question. I don't know if I have understood well it. :roll: Do you ask me why in spanish before of the questions we put this (¿¿¿¿) or why in my posts appear these signs??
In spanish before the questions, yes, we put ever ¿ For example: Hola, ¿como estas? only in small letters not in capital letters. i think that it's an orthographic norm that they could suppress :x . In catalan, however, not..never we put ¿¿ before a question.

If it's about that appear the sign in my posts..I don't know. Perhaps is an "File X" hahaha :lol: .

Good night!!

Hola Arciris, como estas? Intento hablar español, pero sabes eso no lablo tu lengua!!!!
:lol: :oops: ¿està correcto?
Well, I tried!!! :oops: :wink: :D I think everything was wrong!!!

Yes my question (it wasn't clear, sorry!) was about the use of this symbol "¿" in your language: I often saw it without knowwing the right use. Every time you write a question you use it or is it optional? Thank you for your explanation!!

Sono sempre contenta di parlare con te!
Soy siempre feliz a hablar con ti (ok ok.. I suppose you're laughing now, reading my attempt!! :lol: :wink: )

Hasta mañana!!!

Lily
05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Ciao Lily! :lol: :lol:
I've never been to the uk yet, but I'd really like to. Londonmust be chaotic but also charming.. However I'd like to visit Scotland and Ireland as well...
Where are you from exactly :?:

Hello Sara, from the same place as Robin Hood, DH Lawrence, and Lord Byron and Alan Silitoe xx

bibbi
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Wie Gehts?

Hello everyone! :D
How goes it?

We should start a language class and teach each other different languages. :D :lol:
....I guess we're already doing that........ :wink: :D

Alles Gute!
All the Best!

Genny
05-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I've just found this thread and have had a wonderful time, trying to learn some Spanish and Italian words ! I studied German for two years in school but can't remember much, unfortunately. I live in Wales, which has it's own Celtic language - Welsh. I don't speak much of it. Most peple use English. I think about 10% of the poulation use it as their first, language. It is taught in schols and some schools teach only, in Welsh. Roadsigns here are in both Welsh and English. Here's a bit of Welsh song..it's a lovely, gentle tune: U is pronounced as ' ee' and f is pronounced as v. Y, is ' er' or in ' angylion ' as 'uh'. :shock: This is a verse of 'Suo Gan.' -
Huna'n dawel heno.huna
Huna'n fwyn, y tlws ei lun:
Pam yr wyt yn awr yn yn gwenu
Gwenu'n dirion yn dy hun ?
Ai angylion fry sy'n gwenu
Tithau'n gwenu'n ol dan huno
Huno'n dawel ar fy mron ?
Sleep, my darling, night is falling
Rest in slumber sound and deep.
I would know why you are smiling,
Smiling sweetly as you sleep.
Do you see the angels smiling
As they see your rosy rest
So that you must smile an answer
As you slumber on my breast ?

Nos star ! ( Good night )

Arciris
05-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Hi to all!
Genny, Hi!!
Thanks for song!! I like differents laguanges and for your comment Celtic is minoritary language like the mine, catalan. I adore this little languages :P . They are a good sign of identity and of cultural wealth. Thanks for post it. :wink:

Bona giornata Sara!
Noo, I'm not laughing, :P You had written very well the line! Only, it would be "Sabes? no hablo tu lengua" The rest is very correct! :wink: "es correcto"!!
Okey!! Yes, was I that I did not understand the question well :wink: . Well, in theory, is necessary to write "¿" in the prhases, but it's very formal, so when we wrote more informal, it's not necessary. Only in official texts etc..but if you don't put them, it does not pass anything either. Sure. I don't put usually them.
Is in italian the same? Put you the "¿"?
How can I say "I like very much the Italian works of art?" :) in italian?
My sister is in Italy now, for work, and I will send a phrase in italian. :wink:

Anne! Hallo, wie gehts es Ihnen? :wink:
Ich benutze einen Übersetzer für dieses Wörter auf Deutsch.
one is not worth to laugh, not laugh.... please..haha :lol: Is it correct?
I'd like learn some phrases in german. I think that we are doing a good place here for this. :wink: Really?

Hi Lily! Woow! I like Robin Hood, very much. :P It must be an honor to share the same place. Is a good thing of the history of the your country :D . Lord Byron I know too, but the others no.. :cry:
Guten morgen!
Good morning!
Buona mattina!
Buenos días!
:P :P

dbukfan
05-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Kon-ni-chi-wa

I'm well behind these classes.....I really need a baby sit for 3 days..pls to read all of these 3-4 languages.....& BIG pack of paracetamol..to go with it to complete it :lol: :lol:

Sayonara (Goodbye in Japanese :wink: :wink: )

I used to learn a bit of Japanese as well as French....BuT...them days r gone....need a quick brush up....& I'll up my trolley again though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done, all...V V proud of U guys....I truly mean it :) :)...do carry on :wink: :wink:

Take care

dbukfan...x

Lily
05-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Hello all. Genny that is quite cool, the welsh language, for my partner is basically a 1/4 welsh ( His Father is more welsh than english)

Arciris , DH Lawence is the writer most associated with my county and many adaptations have been made into tv and films ie The Rainbow ( tv 1989) and Women in love (film late 60's), both directed by( wait heres the Dirk link) Ken Russel!!!!( oh and Lady Chatterlys Lover which may be his most well known book :wink: ).
Alan Silitoes wrote novels that were adapted to Saturday night ,Sunday morning and 'the lonlieness of the long distance runner', Both are films that are mentioned in any history of the British Film History.

In fact in essence to our language lessons is their any books films or music that you can reccommend?

I love Juanes and Rodrigo y Gabriela music wise and what other music is out there?

An honour to share the place of Robin Hood? ( and keep your hands off him Sheffield!!! :lol: )
Its like any place in this world It can be dangerous and crowded rude and colourless but also warm fiendly and in some areas beautiful and relaxed.

Oh and another Dirk Link , the footballer he likes Roy Keene is it ? used to play for Notts Forest.

bibbi
05-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Hallo alle! :D
Wie Gehts? :D
Heute ist Freitag und bald haben Wir alle Wochenende. Wunderbar! :D :D

How goes it? :D
Today is Friday and soon have we weekend. Wonderful! :D :D
That is an exact translation from the German. In the German language the words are mixed around a lot. I'm very impressed with everyone's knowledge of German here.
Sehr Gut! Very Good! :D :D

I LOVE THIS TOPIC!
ICH LIEBE DIESE TOPIK!...I forgot what topic is in German, gotta go look that up... :D :lol:

Alles Gute!
All the Best!

sara
05-04-2007, 12:44 PM
HI EVERYBODY!!!
How many nice replies!!! :D :D

HI DBUK!!!
Join our "lessons"!!
I'm sure Japanise is very difficult, isn't it?

HI JENNY!!
Thank you for your song!
I'd reallylike to understand just a little bit Welsh.. Could you please give us some examples of comparisons between English and Welsh? Only if you have time of course.. :wink:

HI ANNE!!! :lol:
wie fühlst du dich? ist deine Erkältung vorbei?
ich liebe auch dieses Thema.. es wäre schön, unsere Unterrichte noch besser zu organisieren..!! :P
es freut mich, daß ich hier die Möglichkeit habe, ein bißchen Deutsch schreiben zu dürfen!! Danke!! :wink: :D :D

HI LILY!!! :D :D :D
First of all, thank you again for your VERY kind PMs!! :) I'm at your disposal if you need anything!! Thanks again for your time and your patience!! :wink:
Oh, your county is on my list of favourite places to visit during my life... I find it so charming and romantic... :)
Ive studied Lord Byron and Lawrence at university (it took me quite a lot of time to read "sons and Lovers" in the original language!!! :roll: ) and I really love Robin Hood Legend... expecially Walt Disney's Cartoon!!!!! :lol: :oops: :wink:

Take care!!! Mille baci!!

sara
05-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Bona giornata Sara!
Noo, I'm not laughing, :P You had written very well the line! Only, it would be "Sabes? no hablo tu lengua" The rest is very correct! :wink: "es correcto"!!
Okey!! Yes, was I that I did not understand the question well :wink: . Well, in theory, is necessary to write "¿" in the prhases, but it's very formal, so when we wrote more informal, it's not necessary. Only in official texts etc..but if you don't put them, it does not pass anything either. Sure. I don't put usually them.
Is in italian the same? Put you the "¿"?
How can I say "I like very much the Italian works of art?" :) in italian?
My sister is in Italy now, for work, and I will send a phrase in italian. :wink:

Anne! Hallo, wie gehts es Ihnen? :wink:
Ich benutze einen Übersetzer für dieses Wörter auf Deutsch.
one is not worth to laugh, not laugh.... please..haha :lol: Is it correct?
I'd like learn some phrases in german. I think that we are doing a good place here for this. :wink: Really?

Hi Lily! Woow! I like Robin Hood, very much. :P It must be an honor to share the same place. Is a good thing of the history of the your country :D . Lord Byron I know too, but the others no.. :cry:
Guten morgen!
Good morning!
Buona mattina!
Buenos días!
:P :P

Hola Arciris!!
I'm glad my Spanish sentences weren't completely wrong!! :D :lol:

Your sentence "I like very much the Italian works of art?" is to translate : mi piacciono molto le opere d'arte italiane"
Where is your sister exactly? You can tell her:"mi dispiace che ci sia brutto tempo in Italia in questi giorni" (=I'm sorry that the weather in Italy is bad in these days)
Now I try in Spanish :
Estoy apesadumbrado que el tiempo es malo ... I suppose it isn't so!!!! :lol: :lol: :oops:

No, we don't use it ("¿") in Italy.. I was just curious!!! :wink:

We do NOT laugh at all at your German!! It was very good!!! It's really quite correct.. only you say "für diese Wörter".
You should use the apostrophe in "wie geht's Ihnen?" (it stays for "wie geht es Ihnen?") and it's formal. For informal sentences you can use only "wie geht's?" or "wie geht's dir?".

Saludos!!!
todo el la mejor!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Arciris
05-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Hello!!
How are you, guys??
Hi Lily!!
Thanks for your answer about Lawrence. Yess, I think that now remember..Rainbow (in addition is my nick "arciris" in catalan :wink: ). But in spanish tv, well, all the channels, they have never put it. :cry:
Yes, I know! Juanes is colombian singer and Rodrigo and Gabriela are mexicans, I think.
Before, here, there were many good panish groups singers, but now..well, is a very little bad time for this. In spite of this still there are some are very well, for example "loa planetas" (the planets), "la oreja de van gogh" (Van Gogh's ear), Dover (they sing in english) Joaquín Sabina, Joan Manuel Serrat (a good good songwriter), Lluís Llach, etc...
I put a links, I hope that I can. :) .if not, I delete it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei2RpJWjBQo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLV1tVErDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N067EOB7GA8 (this is in catalan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhgntrwAKsk (the most known, sure)

Sorry..I've put many..But I recommend all :D
That if, I adore the english and american music. There is more styles and more varied.
About books, from Cervantes, the most known by its "Don Quijote" to Machado, Lorca..Antonio Gala..

Hello Anne!
Good for your german! I I used a translator for wriee my line :oops: , because I don't know nothing nothing about write it :cry: . Perhaps some day I will learn! :wink:

Ciaoo Sara!
Thanks for your answer too! My sister is in Roma and then in Palermo. Well, we agreed with weather..a cloudly and rainy days..less today.
Thanks too for german lessons! I think that we will learn a good mixture of all the languages :lol: .

Hi Dbuk!!
Yes, join a lessons with japanese for example!! :lol: I think like Sara, it's very very difficult sure.. :roll:
A question...I know that Dirk learned a little German for his film (Golden Zeiten), but, somebody knows if he understands it and reads and writes? I imagine that is difficult speak it in a film, but perhaps he read it well, and when people speak it...

See you soon!
Good sunday afternoon! (Is it thus? I think not.. :shock:

sara
05-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi Arciris!!!
I see you've got as much enthusiasm as I have!! :lol: :lol:

Roma and Palermo? Tell her to be very careful to her luggage: they aren't certalnly the safest places we have in Italy... :shock:
If she is in Sicilia, she should visit also Taorminia, Siracusa and Agrigento.. very beautiful and full of history (Magna Grecia) and art. That's a pity she doesn't visit the north of Italy.. I think it's the best...maybe 'cause I live there? :P :roll: .. However it's really much more tidy and clean (except for Venice.. where I study).

May I ask you how can I translate in Spanish a short presentation like:
My name is Sara, I live in Italy and I'm 25, I love horses, learn foreign languages and also teach. And, of course, I like Dirk so much!!:wink:
If you want I can translate your presentation in Italian (or German as well..) :)

a presto bella!! :D

Genny
05-06-2007, 05:11 PM
A bit of Welsh ( older than English language )
Shw mae How are you/ hello
Dw in Eidaleg - I'm Italian.
Rwyn dy garu di, Dirk .. I love you, Dirk
Easy thing...numbers -
Welsh phonetic English
un een one
dau dye two
tri tree three
pedwar as seen four
pump pimp five
chwech ch as in loch six
saith th as in think seven
wyth oi -th eight
naw as seen nine
deg as seen ten

Well..not much use unless in Wales, but Cornish had similarities and so does Breton.
Just a bit of fun ! Da bo ! ( Goodbye)

bibbi
05-06-2007, 05:20 PM
It's really cool to see all the languages here! 8)
Hallo Alle! Wie Gehts Euch Alle? Es Geht Mir Sehr Gut!
Ich liebe Dirk.

Hi everyone! How goes it all of you?. It's going very well for me.
I love Dirk. :oops: *because he's a beautiful person inside and out.* :D

Am reading some German novels at the moment. I'm also reading Confessions for the 3rd time! :D

Alles Gute!
Alle the Best!

Arciris
05-07-2007, 05:41 AM
Hello Sara, Genny, Anne and to all!
Yess, Sara! Woww, Sicilia and Cerdeña (sorry, I don't know how write it in italian) are beautiful sure sure!
I' sure that de North is beutiful too. My sister has gone many times..but I no..I hope some summer. :D Woww, Venice! I imagine sailing by its waters and eating pizza, it's one of my favourite food. :wink:
Yes about luggage..I imagine.. here it happens the same..it is sad but thus it is :cry:
About translation, yes, I want! :)

"My name is Sara, I live in Italy and I'm 25, I love horses, learn foreign languages and also teach. And, of course, I like Dirk so much!!"
"Mi nombre es Sara, yo vivo en Italia y tengo 25 años. Yo adoro los caballos, aprender lenguas extranjeras y también enseñarlas. Y, por supuesto, a mí me encanta Dirk! (or, me gusta mucho Dirk)" :lol:

In spanish, the age always is thus: "Yo tengo 20, 45, 15, 60..años" Is of the infinitive verb "tener" (to have). The direct translation to english would be "I have 25 years".

Yes!! I want my translation in italian and german! Thanks! :P
"My name is Esther, I live in Spain and I'm 32. I love music, play guitar and swim in the sea. Too, learn foreign languages and my work of teacher :wink: . And, of course, I like Dirk very very much!" :lol:

Genny! Thanks for your text in Welsh! I like it so much!! Many words are differents, loool.
Da bo!!

Hallo Anne!
I agree about Dirk, of course :wink:
Well fact about Confessions!! I confess that I'm reading it for first time, and I'm still by half. :shock: I must look for many words in the dicctionary but little by little.. :wink:
Guten Morgen!!

Are great these posts! :P

sara
05-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Hi Genny!! :D
I find Welsh really enchanting!.. but.. it's a very diferent language :shock: :shock: !!
Thanks a lot for your posts, I find them very interesting and read them always very carefully!! :wink:

Hallo Anne! :D
Mir geht's ziemlich gut danke!
Was für Kurzgeschichten gefallen dir? Welche liest du im Moment?
Wenn du sie mir empfiehlst, dann kaufe ich sie!! :lol:
bis bald! :P

sara
05-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Hola Arciris!!! :D :D
I've visited almost all my country (it isn't so large after all, but full of things to see!! :lol: ) but I must confess that in Sardegna I've never been yet. :roll:
About the safety in Italy... the South is the worst ( :x :( ) but where I live it's much better.
and Venice... it's good for turists but studying or working there is a very bad job! It's so chaotic and unconfortable.. :?
But about Pizza I totally agree: it's my favourite food, too!!!

Thanks for the translation... it's great!!!!!!!!! :P :D

Here's yours:
"My name is Esther, I live in Spain and I'm 32. I love music, play guitar and swim in the sea. Too, learn foreign languages and my work of teacher. And, of course, I like Dirk very very much!"

" Mi chiamo Esther, vivo in Spagna e ho 32 (trentadue) anni. Mi piace la musica, suonare la chitarra e nuotare in mare. Amo anche imparre le lingue straniere e svolgere il mio lavoro di insegnante. E, ovviamente, mi piace moltissimo Dirk! (or, in alternative "mi piace da morire Dirk", which is quite more informal!)"

"Ich heisse Esther, ich wohne in Spanien und ich bin 32 (zweiunddreißig). Ich mag Musik, die Guitarre spielen und im Meer schwimmen. Es gefällt mir auch sehr gut, Fremdschprachen zu lernen und Lehrerin zu sein. Und natürlich liebe ich Dirk sehr viel!"

In Italian the age is expressed as in Spanish : tiengo=ho
In German it's expressed as in English : I am=ich bin

What do you teach Arciris?... If I can ask you of course.. :roll:

Tell your sister: Buon divertimento in Italia (have fun in Italy - viel Spaß in Italien!)

Un grande abbraccio. Spero di sentirti presto
(a big hug. I hope to hear you soon) :D :D :wink:

P.S.
Btw, if anybody wants a translation in Italian, I'm here!! :wink:

Arciris
05-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Hello Sara and to all!!
Thanks for your translation, too!!! I like it, I now already I can write it and make see that I know German and Italian :lol: . Noo, it's joke, haha, but thanks!!
Is interesting that you say about the italian is like spanish and the german like english, with respect to verbs and its form. The languages have very much in common.
I understand about Venice. There is very luggage that are good for visit but not for live or study every day. I agree.
"Mi piace moltissimo Dirk"!! :P
I teach spanish, catalan, literature and study techniques. It's is scholastic reinforcement..sorry, I don't know if in english is correct thus. I not yet have found a job in normal schedule of school, only reinforcement. With all the subject of oppositions it's difficult, now..well, I need pacience.. :roll:
Yesss, II put sms to my sister with your text in italian :D and explain to her that we make lessons about english, german, italian, hahaha looool!
Your welcome! Un grande abraccio, anche! :wink:
A great hug!!

dbukfan
05-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Hello!!
How are you, guys??

Sorry..I've put many..But I recommend all :D
That if, I adore the english and american music. There is more styles and more varied.
About books, from Cervantes, the most known by its "Don Quijote" to Machado, Lorca..Antonio Gala..

Hi Dbuk!!
Yes, join a lessons with japanese for example!! :lol: I think like Sara, it's very very difficult sure.. :roll:
A question...I know that Dirk learned a little German for his film (Golden Zeiten), but, somebody knows if he understands it and reads and writes? I imagine that is difficult speak it in a film, but perhaps he read it well, and when people speak it...

See you soon!
Good sunday afternoon! (Is it thus? I think not.. :shock:

Hola Arciris

I truly love to join U guys dearly......BUT so sorry to say it's not that easy to me to have a real focusing in it :roll: :roll: ....just bear with me a bit longer, buddy!!
I still have a lot to catch up with U guys...welll, well behind...but good fun though...I know one of my friends...who can speak 5 dif. languages :shock: :shock: ..my word!!
I plan to send my daughter & I, for French and Mandarin class nt yr...see how it goes with limited time I only got spareof each wkend.
Japanese, I learnt in my teens...so it'll not come out easy...I think I can understand it more than bring it out.

Must go...Have a nice day.

Ciao Bella

dbukfan...x

sara
05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Hello Sara and to all!!
Thanks for your translation, too!!! I like it, I now already I can write it and make see that I know German and Italian :lol: . Noo, it's joke, haha, but thanks!!
Is interesting that you say about the italian is like spanish and the german like english, with respect to verbs and its form. The languages have very much in common.
I understand about Venice. There is very luggage that are good for visit but not for live or study every day. I agree.
"Mi piace moltissimo Dirk"!! :P
I teach spanish, catalan, literature and study techniques. It's is scholastic reinforcement..sorry, I don't know if in english is correct thus. I not yet have found a job in normal schedule of school, only reinforcement. With all the subject of oppositions it's difficult, now..well, I need pacience.. :roll:
Yesss, II put sms to my sister with your text in italian :D and explain to her that we make lessons about english, german, italian, hahaha looool!
Your welcome! Un grande abraccio, anche! :wink:
A great hug!!

Ciao Esther!
In Italy it's quite difficult to find a job as a teacher, too! :cry: :cry:
This is because I can't still work for state school, but only for private institutions... anyway, I go on studying... so maybe in the future.. :roll:

Some more grammar:
(very good with your sentence "mi piace moltissimo Dirk"!!!!!!)

I like/love Dirk = Ich mag/liebe Dirk (ted) = amo Dirk (ital)
BUT... Dirk gefällt mir (ted) =Dirk mi piace
This is because "like-love-mag-liebe-amo" are transitive
but "gefällt-piace" are not: the object of love becomes subject and the person who loves becomes indirect object (mir=mi=to/for me)

infinitive forms:
Italian
io amo = amare
piace = piacere

German
ich mag = mögen
ich liebe = lieben
gefällt = gefallen

Hope I can be clear enough, otherwise ask me!!

does your sister speak Italian, Arciris?
Tell her: E' un piacere averti nl nostro paese. Spero tu stia bene da noi! (=it's a pleasure to have you in our country. I hope you feel good by us):lol:

Hi dbuk! :D
would you like to learn some Italian? So you can translate Pavarotti!!! :wink:

Un grande saluto a tutti!!! :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-08-2007, 08:55 AM
How funny, this is getting a language threat :D

I'm speaking 4 languages Frisian (that is my first language) than Dutch, English and German.
I learned English and German most from people who I just meet. I like people from the USA! Since I was 5 I had contact's in the USA hihih.
I was terrible in German at school... but since I love a German Horse breed (Holsteiner) I read German books and talk with German people like if I did it always.

You know what is funny... sitting in a really nice and friendly Hotel/Restaurant with people from New Sealand (one comes from Wales, so he speak Welsh...) people from the USA (State Washington, Montana, Virginia etc) me from Holland and the German people and do nothing else than talking about horses with a glass of corn hihihih. I do it every year again in Germany, in Haselau Schleswig-Holstein. Last year I spent 7 weeks there... and it was amazing!
And I am the only one who switch languages like drinking water :lol:

I have much respect for you Sara, because German is a complete different language than Italian!

Love Adriana

bibbi
05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi Adriana! :D
Willkommen! :D
Welcome! :D
I grew up speaking German and English. I know some French, Spanish, Russian and a little Italian. I want to learn more languages. I have friends who are Greek and Portuguese and they try to teach me different phrases. You know what they say is true, if you can swear in the language, you are fluent in it! :lol:

All the Best! :D

dbukfan
05-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Spero tu stia bene da noi! (=it's a pleasure to have you in our country. I hope you feel good by us):lol:

Hi Sara

Pls do so if U don't mind...1 to 1 tuition, pls!!....I love lots of things about Italian inc. Roman architect, foods, olive skin/sxxy football players :oops: :lol: :lol: .

I prob. need to get couples of CLONE fr myself at this rate...falling behind so many things...really...don't even enough time to get my hair cut :lol: :lol:...seriously...I never have enough time to do 1,000 things I've planned to do :roll: :roll: . ...and def. Italian is also on my lists....never mind :shock: :roll: :roll:

Ciao Bella

dbukfan...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow Anne!!! (I said Barbara, but i'm blond and tired from stress for my graduation project...)

That is interesting so many languages, how come that you speak German in Canada?
Do you have German relatives? I can understand French, but that is also a difficult language.

Welcome is in Dutch welkom 8) pretty much the same

And 'how are you?' is 'Hoe gaat het met jou?'

My name is Adriana - Mijn naam is Adriana

And Frisian is my first language (Heimatsprache ;-) ) but I don't write a word Frisian. :oops:
Only oan't moan - see you tomorrow :D

sara
05-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Spero tu stia bene da noi! (=it's a pleasure to have you in our country. I hope you feel good by us):lol:

Hi Sara

Pls do so if U don't mind...1 to 1 tuition, pls!!....I love lots of things about Italian inc. Roman architect, foods, olive skin/sxxy football players :oops: :lol: :lol: .

I prob. need to get couples of CLONE fr myself at this rate...falling behind so many things...really...don't even enough time to get my hair cut :lol: :lol:...seriously...I never have enough time to do 1,000 things I've planned to do :roll: :roll: . ...and def. Italian is also on my lists....never mind :shock: :roll: :roll:

Ciao Bella

dbukfan...x

Hi dbuk!! :)
I was just kidding, never mind! :wink:
I know well learning languages is a hard work, bur after all we do it just for fun! :P

Sexy football players??? In Italy???!!! are you joking?! :shock: :lol:

Baci :D

sara
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Ciao Adriana!! :D
Hoe gaat het met jou? :wink:

I'm very glad to have you here... and your language(s) are incredibly interesting!!
Which language do you speak with horses? You can laugh but sometimes I speak German, French or English with them.. depends on their origins... I know it's a silly thing!! :oops:

I read about your international meetings about horses... great thing... I wish I could partecipate!!! :lol: :P

I cavalli sono stupendi=horses are wonderful
il mio cavallo è il mio migliore amico=my horse is my best friend

How do you say it in Dutch?

KISSES

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Hallo (Dutch, but it could be even German :wink: ) Sara ,

Met mij gaat het goed - i'm fine!
Except the stress for my graduation project... (Diplom Arbeit)
I need to read this topic better and find the Italion phrases haha!

I speak Frisian with the horses, Josiane is born in Germany, but already lives 15 and a half year in Friesland. But when she has stress than suddenly I start to speak German :) that makes us both feel good I think.

Why couldn't you participate our meeting's? The more people the more fun we have! Next year?

I cavalli sono stupendi = Paarden zijn geweldig
il mio cavallo è il mio migliore amico = Mijn paard is mijn beste vriend

By the way Josiane has got a foal and his name (how I call him) is Charo le Marcello, it must be Spanish (a short of friend brought up this name) what is the English translation? In Dutch we say free translated stoere strijder. Something like Though Warrior?? He is a warrior allright... almost 11 weeks old and a real pain in the a...

How do you say in Italian; I wish you were mine? That could be a horse or a man and no not Dirk B. hahahaha!

Adriana

Lily
05-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Adrina ,Ay up mi duck :wink:
Hola como estas Sara and Arciris
*blows kisses* to Genny Anne and db xxxx

Arciris, thanks for the U tube links that was kind of you I can't post links as yet, but I am working on it.
Since we are forum friends I can share an old greeting that my Dad would use when greeting his friends,
'Owya goin onn then serri?' (its as pronouced ,but serri rhymes with ferry)
The word serri is a corruption of siree which in turn ultimately means 'sir'
So its a polite way to greet in the old days!. I very rarely hear it now.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
What does that mean Lily, Ay up mi duck ?
You are welcome?

Arciris
05-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Hello friends!
How are you?
You're wolcome, Adriana! Do you know? I have read in another post that you study pedagogy. I'm pedagog :P, too! (is thus?) We have the same profession :wink: . It's very interesting that you say in "lLost in castration" but I have very much for read there and it costs much to understand everything quickly to me, so I want to put a post when I have read all good :D .

Sara, ciaoo!
Thanks for your explanation about infinitive verbs, etc...I think that I, finally, wiill learn german and italian, too :lol: I'ts good!

Thanks Llily! You're welcome about youtube links. Okey, I hope for yours, too :wink: . I would like about music that you like. Of all. I like very much Elton John, too.

I'm surprised of all languages that we know!! They are many!! I'm only bilingual... :( Well, here we say, "I must myself put the batteries already" :lol:

Anne, you know many languages, too! Up with them!

Dbuk, I think that japanese is interesting, if you go to learn it, I would like you put some phrases. It to have to be very different from the rest.

Good morning for all!
Kisses.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Good Afternoon!!!

Thank you Arciris!! That is indeed funny that we have the same profession! My graduation project has got as subject; How can professionels help parent's who have got Children with PDD-NOS?
I had the same in 'Lost in Castration' but maybe that comes aswell because i'm not that familiar with Dirk Benedict his writing. So I don't know what is all about, my post is based on the 10 pages I have trying to read and some links.

It's really funny that we know that many languages! I only need to refine them. And it would be interesting to learn Spanish and Italian.

I would like you to meet Charo le Marcello and his mother :D

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=BBPC8EBH

And i'm still wondering Arciris what does Charo le Marcello means? 8)

Have a good day!

Adriana

deebeelicious
05-09-2007, 05:48 AM
I had the same in 'Lost in Castration' but maybe that comes aswell because i'm not that familiar with Dirk Benedict his writing. So I don't know what is all about, my post is based on the 10 pages I have trying to read and some links.

It's really funny that we know that many languages! I only need to refine them. And it would be interesting to learn Spanish and Italian.

Hi Dirk B. Fan from Holland
If you're German is better than your English, I think Dirks first book 'Confessions' is available in the German language?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mein-Leben-als-Kamikaze-Cowboy/dp/3924845301/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8/202-4889348-2859050?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178707617&sr=8-8

xx

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Hahahaha no my English is better in reading... and I like to read the books in their original language. Like Harry Potter :D that is sooo much better.

I will remember the books and as soon as I have some money (i'm a poor student haha) I will go to the bookstore.

sara
05-09-2007, 06:38 AM
HI EVERYBODY!!!
Glad to see that many people have joined our topics!!! :D :D :D

Hi Lily!!
How R U? (may I write like that?! :P )

Hallo Anne!!
Danke für die Hilfe (I mean yesterday, about the poll! :wink: )

Hola Arciris!!
como estas?/ come stai?
I'd ike to ask you something about Spanish pronuntiation:
letters "S" and "C"... how do they sound? :roll:
Tell me what you'd like to learn about Italian and I'll tell you everytning!!!:wink:

Hallo Adriana!!
I'm surprised: Dutch and German are really similar! f.i. Paarden and Pferde..
I wish you were mine is vorrei che fossi mio/a
mio or mia depend on the sex of the object!
I'm really glad to have met you!!! our next conversation on msn will be auf Deutsch!!!
:lol:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-09-2007, 06:58 AM
True that Dutch and German is similar. But Frisian and English comes closer too.
And in the region were I come in Germany they speak Plat Deutsch....

But I alway's loved the English language, I have Disney books in English :D
I have talked with people from the USA since I was 5.... my first Pen pall was a girl from the USA.
After that I have for a while friends in California, a village near Fresno. I will never forget the name Fresno as I once heard it in the 'Knight Rider' :D

And now thanks to the horses I have friends worldwide and the most of them are speaking English!

http://www.user.fh-stralsund.de/~swkathor/deutsch/interest.htm look at this guy, I want your opinion!! I know his father quite well (famous horses breeder haha)

Adriana

Lily
05-09-2007, 08:59 AM
What does that mean Lily, Ay up mi duck ?
You are welcome?

It means Hello my dear , its slang if you like xxx

Lily
05-09-2007, 09:01 AM
[quote="sara"]HI EVERYBODY!!!
Glad to see that many people have joined our topics!!! :D :D :D

Hi Lily!!
How R U? (may I write like that?! :P

Of course U can!!! xx

bibbi
05-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone! :D

Wie Gehts?
How goes it?

My parents were both from Germany and came to Canada in the 50's. I was born in Canada, but I have dual citizenship, since my Father was still a German citizen, when I was born, my brother Michael, too. I didn't speak English until I was about five years old. I have a lot of relatives in Germany. My Onkel Hans, Onkel is German for Uncle. Is the only German relative we have here in Canada. I am planning on going to Europe next year to celebrate my 50th birthday and reunite with a lot of my relatives over in Germany. If, I get a chance to meet Dirk, he's invited to come too! That is a tradition in Germany. I am very proud of my German heritage.

Alles Gute!
All the Best!

sara
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.user.fh-stralsund.de/~swkathor/deutsch/interest.htm look at this guy, I want your opinion!! I know his father quite well (famous horses breeder haha)
Adriana

Oh Adriana... :shock:
don't let him escape!!!
and, if he does, I wish it was towards Italy!!! :lol: I'm kidding!!!! :P :wink: :wink:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Ach so Anne :wink:

Sound's good! Hmm if Dirk Benedict ever want's to breed good sporthorses he has got a good help on me hihihi! And the horses are from Germany :D

And yes Sara I was thinking the same when I saw the picture and his story :)
I wonder how he looks in real!

Well i'm going to watch the A-Team :D and after that i'm going to visit the horses!

Write to you later and Sara i'm looking forward to speak German :wink:

Love Adriana

dbukfan
05-10-2007, 03:31 AM
I was just kidding, never mind! :wink:
I know well learning languages is a hard work, bur after all we do it just for fun! :P

Sexy football players??? In Italy???!!! are you joking?! :shock: :lol:

Baci :D

O-Hi-O (G'Morning) Sara

At least, I got 1 Pav's song translation out of Italian girl....it's worth a try :wink: :lol:

Yes, I do like their footy tight top kits..so their gggrrr muscular & sxxy looks...& yep, I agree....U're right...these lots're not good looking as the 80's-90's teams!!.....& of course, they're miles off fr our Hunky Dirk..that's for sure :lol: :lol: .

Ciao Bella

dbukfan...x

Arciris
05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Good Afternoon!!!

Thank you Arciris!! That is indeed funny that we have the same profession! My graduation project has got as subject; How can professionels help parent's who have got Children with PDD-NOS?

I would like you to meet Charo le Marcello and his mother :D

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=BBPC8EBH

And i'm still wondering Arciris what does Charo le Marcello means? 8)

Have a good day!

Adriana

Helllo Adriana and all!!
Yes, good profesion and good graduation project :wink: . Up with it!!
Ohhh, beautiful horses!!! :P Really? Are you going every day to see then and you've got near green meadows?? What luck girl!!
Well, Charo le Marcello is own names, or not?? Marcello is italian name, really? and here is Marcel. Which is the mother's name?? :D

Sara thankss!! I will think phrase for translation to itialian, ok?? today I'm a little lost with work for the afternoon...grrrr :? I want holidaaaaayss, hahaha, if it's possible, in Montana :lol: Is a good thing for learn english quickly quickly.. :D

Good day for all!!

bibbi
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Hallo Alle :D
Hello everyone :D

Wie Gehts?
We're really starting to form a language club! :D

Alles Gute,
All the best,

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Hello!!

@ Arciris; Do you mean that Charo le Marcello doesn't mean a thing???
Hmm that's not good... The beautifull black mare is named Josiane, one off the best names the owner could come up with! It just fit's her.
Yes, I do come their every day, it's good for my stress reducing ! Horses are good for the soul!

Yes my graduation project is quite interesting, only very diffiicult because there is not many information when it comes to PDD-NOS. There is allot about Autism... but it's certainly not the same...
But I can do my best :D
All my research is in Dutch and English, everything what has to do with science is in English :D

Hmm in a minute my brother goes away and I can clean the mess... my parent's are at our national tv studio's... because they are subject from a tv show... with a Judge and blabla. And hopefully my parent's will win. It's quite official all, but you don't have to pay a lawyer for this trial!

So I don't have more inspiration... I have a small headache from a meeting at school... so I will turn on the radio as soon as my brother is gone en clean the house...

Untill later!!!!

Love Adriana

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-11-2007, 09:16 AM
http://www.rtl.nl/shows/jensen/home/index.xml

Tonight as guests 17.40 pm it starts :D So you can learn Dutch hihihih!

And I saw a clip at youtube!!! So sweet a reunion from the cast!

bibbi
05-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Hallo Dirk B. Fan from Holland! :D
Thanks for posting that link! Vielen Dank fuer Das Link! :D
I can understand some Dutch and read some too. It has similar roots to the German language.

Heute bin Ich auf Urlaub. Today I am on holiday. Well a mini one anyway. :D

Machs Gut!
Make it Good!
Schoen Wochenend!
Lovely Weekend!

p.s. That's the literal translation from the German to English. :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Hallo Anne,

Ich wollte auch mit Urlaub gehen! I want to go also on a holiday!
First to Fox Fire Island in Washington State and after that to Montana, I still have an invitation to come to Montana 8) only the ones from who I have a invitation are not really so fun to be with...

bibbi
05-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Saw Dwight and Dirk's chat at the website today.
I got a bit sidetracked and was talking to some people there in the forums.
I can understand Dutch. I was writing mostly in German though.
It was a lot of fun!
Es war Volle Spass!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Habe Euch eine Schoenes Wochenend!

Machs Gut!
Make Good!

Arciris
05-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Hello!!

@ Arciris; Do you mean that Charo le Marcello doesn't mean a thing???
Hmm that's not good... The beautifull black mare is named Josiane, one off the best names the owner could come up with! It just fit's her.
Yes, I do come their every day, it's good for my stress reducing ! Horses are good for the soul!

Yes my graduation project is quite interesting, only very diffiicult because there is not many information when it comes to PDD-NOS. There is allot about Autism... but it's certainly not the same...
But I can do my best :D
All my research is in Dutch and English, everything what has to do with science is in English :D

Hmm in a minute my brother goes away and I can clean the mess... my parent's are at our national tv studio's... because they are subject from a tv show... with a Judge and blabla. And hopefully my parent's will win. It's quite official all, but you don't have to pay a lawyer for this trial!

So I don't have more inspiration... I have a small headache from a meeting at school... so I will turn on the radio as soon as my brother is gone en clean the house...

Untill later!!!!

Love Adriana

Hello to all!
How are you?? :P
Here, a funny weekend with sun and spring time.I hope that the yours too.
Hi Dirk B. Fan from Holland, Adriana!!
Up with your project!! Pedagogy is a beutiful profesion. :wink:
Charo le Marcello here mean nothing here...I think... :cry: Perhaps Sara something knows because they seem italian names?? I don't know..sorry.
Yes, I agree about many things reduce stress and I'm sure that horses is a good therapy and they are beautiful. Good name Josiane! I like it.
About headache...grrr..yes, it's a bad thing, I've many days, too. :x

Anne, hallo!!
Hoe de weekend is gegaan? (sorry if it's not correct :oops: )
Thanks so much for youtube link about Swight and Dirk. Great video!! :D Funny funny and Dirk sing very well! It's a ocult thing for me his talent.

I can't undersand many things of chat, for the spoken english but what I have understood it's funny!

What means a word that they say several times in video, similar to "nee do"?? :?: Is like "need you" but I think that it's other word..

Up with lessons!! I adore it :P .
Good night or good morning for all!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi Arciris!!!

Well in Holland we had for 6 weeks no rain!!! And now we have a week nothing else than rain... it's not normal for Holland to have 6 weeks no rain. But the fields were the horses are grazing in are soaked... there is too much water. But it seems they don't mind, their coat's are all muddy :D

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=HKV44CRO
This young lady is born last Friday night, she is beautifull but she as a problem with one off her hindlegs. We hope that the problem will disappear with time. This foal I do want to give a name and i'm thinking of Charlotte. I think that is a charming name and quite international?! Is this name common in Italy and Spain?

And about Charo, I haven't named him officially because the argue'ing (I know this is not the good spell...) that I have/had with the owner. So I think there will appear a religious name on the paper...
But I name him Charo now as a nickname :lol:

Hoe de weekend is gegaan? (sorry if it's not correct )
That must be; Hoe was je weekend? How was your weekend? ;-)
What is that in Spanish?

Maybe we could sing all together with Dirk at the Cruise, record a song hahahaha!
Actually it would be great having Dwight Schultz on that same cruise aswell!

Hahahahahahahahahaha they said 'Niet doen' means 'don't do that' hahahahahahaha !!! I loved that when they were saying that!

It's already late!!

Weltrusten (Dutch) means; Good night, Gute Nacht (German)! Or Lekker Sliepe (Frisian) Sleep good, Schlaf Gut (German).

Love Adriana

xRamona
05-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Adriana, are you Frisian too?
Cool! :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Yes I am, it's a real real small world after all :wink:

sara
05-14-2007, 06:40 AM
HI EVERYBODY!! :D
First of all sorry for my abence... have you missed me???!! :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Hi Arciris!!
I've already talked with Adriana about Charo le Marcello.. but unluckly it doesn't mean a thing in Italian, too.. :? :(
What about your sister? is she still in Italy?
May I please ask you again about the pronounciation of "s" and "c" in Spanish?
I'd really liketo be able reading some words in the right way.. :P

Hi Adriana!!
Very beautiful and sweet foal... :D :D I think the name Charlotte fits her very good!! Sorry for her hindleg.. but as you know it could depend on her position before birth.. don't mind!!!
In Italian it's Carlotta.. but I actually prefer the English/French version!! :)

Hoe was je weekend? = Com'è andato il weekend?
The answer could be: Bene/male, grazie (all right/not well, thanks)

would you please write us the Dutch translation of:
Buongiorno - Good Morning - Guten Tag (Guten Morgen) - Bonjour
Buona sera - Good evening - Guten Abend - bonsoir
Ciao - Hello - Hallo
Salve - Hi - Grüss Gott
Arrivederci - good bye - Auf Wiedersehen - Au revoir

Hope to meet you soon on msn!!
:wink:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-14-2007, 06:57 AM
Hi Sara!!!

Yes, I did missed you!!!!!!!!!!! My weekend was Bene, grazie!

And about Charlotte, I really hope that her leg will get better!!! She is cute!

Buongiorno - Good Morning - Guten Tag (Guten Morgen) - Bonjour
Buona sera - Good evening - Guten Abend - bonsoir - Goeden avond
Ciao - Hello - Hallo - Hallo
Salve - Hi - Grüss Gott - Hoi (and Moin Moin can do aswell in German ;-) )
Arrivederci - good bye - Auf Wiedersehen - Au revoir - Tot ziens

Yesterday I saw a translation from graduation project on a American show, called degree. I do get my Bachelor degree when I finish this project (at least I hope!!!)

Did you already read the Cruise boat Idea? You need to go aswell than!!!! I want to have a language convention then!!! :lol:

See you soon at msn !!!!!!

Love Adriana

bibbi
05-14-2007, 08:05 AM

Wie Gehts Euch Alle? How goes it with everyone?
We are really starting to form a true language club here! :lol:
Spanish, iItalian. Dutch, German, Welsh....did I forget anyone's? :?
We can teach other our languages.
Das ist Wunderbar und Ausgesieischnet! Thait is wonderful and out-of-this-world good!

Alles Gute!
All the Best!

xRamona
05-14-2007, 08:29 AM
If everyone begins with speaking their own language on this board, I'll introduce myself in Dutch. 8)

Heey Dirk-fans!
Ik ben Ramona, 15 jaar oud, en kom uit Dokkum, Nederland.
I'm Ramona, 15 years old, and I'm from Dokkum, The Netherlands.Het A-team is tegenwoordig weer op de Nederlandse tv, en dit x ben ik er echt fan van geworden terwijl ik de serie al heel lang kon! (sinds mijn 5e)
The A-team is on the Dutch tv again, and this time I'm a real big fan while I knew the A-team since I was 5 years old. :lol:
Al vanaf mijn 5e is Face mijn favoriet, toen ik nog zo jong was was ik zelfs verliefd op m! :lol:
Since my 5th, Face is my favourite, and when I was just a little kid, I had a crush on Face! Haha.Als je meer van mij wilt weten, kun je me altijd mailen, of post t hier :wink:
If you wanna know more about me, you can always mail me, or post it out here!
Liefs,
Love,

Ramona.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Anne, you forget the French language!!!

As a Canadian you are a bit French aswell :D

sara
05-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi Anne..
mir geht es ziemlich gut danke! :D :D
I was considering your reply about our language club. :roll:
I think we could organize it better.. maybe with compared translation of the same sentences/grammar rules in our dfferent languages.. :lol:
any proposal about how to do??
:wink: :P

Hallo xramona!!
glad to have you in our topic!!
benvenuta=welkom!!!
Ik ben Sara, 25 jaar oud, en kom uit Italien(how do you say Italy??)
ik ben er echt fan van geworden terwijl ik de serie al heel lang kon! (sinds mijn 8e)
Ok.. I tried!!! :oops: :lol:
Ramona, Adriana...DON'T LAUGH PLEASE!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Liefs

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Buona sera Sara!!!

Italy is Italië ;-)

And it's; you are Sara; jij bent Sara, Du bisst Sara. But your name is Sara, maar jou naam is Sara, deine Nahme ist Sara.
My name is Adriana and i'm 26 years old. Mijn naam is Adriana en ik ben 26 jaar oud, mein Nahme ist Adriana und ich bin 26 Jahre Alt.
I'm fan from the tv show since I was toddler (Arciris, what age is that again?) I think. I didn't know what it was to be in love with Face but I do know now hahaha!
Ik ben fan van de tv show/serie sinds ik een peuter / kleuter was, denk ik. Ik wist toen niet wat het was om verliefd te zijn op Face, maar dat weet ik nu wel hahaha!
I'm not sure what it would be in German...

Sara you did it really good! Now in Italian and Spanish :D

Und was sagen sie hier alle? Das wir zusammen gehen mussen mit der Cruise?! Das wollte mir ziemlich gut gefallen!!!
Ich weiss das mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist, weil ich immer über Pferde schreibe aber mit Anne und Sara dabei muss alles klappen.

So what do we say here all of us? That we are going together with the cruise? I would like that very much!!! I know that my German is not that good, because I write normally only about horses in German but with Anne and Sara here everything will go ok.

Love (liefs) Adriana

Arciris
05-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Hello to all!!!
Ciao Saraa!! Buona Mattina!!
Sorry about S and C in spanish, I have forgotten this! :shock: But, now I am going to look for my nephew to the school and want to respond well and with calm :wink: Later I do it :P .

Hallo Anne!! Guter Morgen!!
Yes, it's beutiful this space with many languages. It's funny and specially, interesant for learn some phrases. :D

Adriana, hello, goede ochtend!! I like know that there is another little languages like the mine, in this case, Frisian! Ohh, Charlotte is a beutiful name! Here no is very used but is nice. :P
Your presentation in spanish would be: "Me llamo Adriana y tengo 26 años" :P

Ramona, Hi!! You're welcome! Do you know? your name is used here in Spain, in masculine and feminine. Ramona and Ramón. It's very usual. :wink:

Up language club!!!
Sara, I will not forget about C and S in spanish, later I respond :D

Good morning for all!!

xRamona
05-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Hi Anne..
mir geht es ziemlich gut danke! :D :D
I was considering your reply about our language club. :roll:
I think we could organize it better.. maybe with compared translation of the same sentences/grammar rules in our dfferent languages.. :lol:
any proposal about how to do??
:wink: :P

Hallo xramona!!
glad to have you in our topic!!
benvenuta=welkom!!!
Ik ben Sara, 25 jaar oud, en kom uit Italien(how do you say Italy??)
ik ben er echt fan van geworden terwijl ik de serie al heel lang kon! (sinds mijn 8e)
Ok.. I tried!!! :oops: :lol:
Ramona, Adriana...DON'T LAUGH PLEASE!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Liefs

HAHAHAH. I think you're really good! 8)
Italy is just Italien without the "n" :P
But I'm serious ;) Not bad!

:D"

quote ; Ramona, Hi!! You're welcome! Do you know? your name is used here in Spain, in masculine and feminine. Ramona and Ramón. It's very usual.

Hi! Haha no I didn't know that. Thats cool.
Dirk told me that Ramona had something to do with Spanish already, but I didn't catch that it was a real word!
No I'm named after a song from the "Blue Diamonds".
Personally, I HATE that song, but yeah, I'm named after it. :(
I always thought Ramona was a real German name, or isn't it?
You hear it a lot in Germany..

Dikke kus (Dutch) Dikke Tût (Frisian) Big Kiss

Ramona. :D

sara
05-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Hi Arciris!! :lol:
Don't worry, dear!! I was just curious but it's nothing important!!! :wink:

Hallo Adriana!!!
It's time for your Italian introduction.. since I know you a bit ( :wink: ) I can do it by myself:

Mi chiamo Adriana, ho 26 anni e vivo in una piccola città olandese. Studio pedagogia ma finirò quest'anno, poi vorrei lavorare in un allevamento di cavalli, poichè li amo moltissimo. Parlo correntemente il frisone, l'inglese e il tedesco e forse più avanti mi traferirò in Germania per lavorare con i cavalli.

Trans.
My name is Adriana, I'm 26 and I live in a small city in Holland. I study Pedagogy but I'm going to finish this year and then I'd like to work in a Horse breeding, since I love horses so much.
I speak fluently Frisean, English and German, and maybe I'm going to move to Germany in order to work with horses.

geht es?? :wink:

Hi Ramona..
your name is used in Italy too... (only feminine!)

Dikke kus

Arciris
05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Hello!!!
Ha ha ha, Ramona, Dirk was in reason when he said you about your name :P . I don't know if i'ts original name of Spain, but specially in masculine is ver very usual, and in femenine depend of area, too. :wink:
Look, your name is a famous name in our countries!! :lol: This is a good thing!

Adriana, here I put your phrase in spanish:
"Hola, me llamo Adriana, tengo 26 años y vivo en una pequeña ciudad de Holanda. Estudio Pedagogía pero estoy terminando este año y después me gustaría trabajar en "hipódromo" en crianza de caballos porqué a mí me gustan muchísimo. Hablo fluidamente el frisiano, el inglés y el alemán, y quizás vaya a vivir a Alemania para trabajar con caballos." :P

Hi Sara!! How are you? Here the promise goes:
In Spain there is differents dialects about spanish, but I put here the original pronunciation about "c", "s" and "z".
For example if I say "ascensor"= "elevator", first "c" is like "th" of "thank" The same pronunciation.
For the second letter, the first "s" of the word, would be normal "s" like "soup"

:arrow: So, "c" before "e" and "i" is ever ever like "th" of "thank"....."ascensor", "ácido", "citar", "cerilla".....etc....All these sound like "z". Like "thanks" word, or "th" of "thousand".

:arrow: But, "c" before "a", "o" and "u" is like "c" of "cut" or " "castle"....."casa", "cortar", "curtido"

This is a basic norm of "c" and s but there is another that I would have to watch well, I don't want make mistake. :wink:

About the "z" in the words there is for example "zorro" = "fox" or "castizo" = "pure-blooded". This pronunciation is exactly like the "c" of before "e" and "i".

In other areas of Spain, specially in Canarias islands and Andalucía, in the south, when they speak change the pronunciation of "z" by the "s". For example "cerilla" = "match" they don'tt say it like "z", "th" of thank. They say the word like "s" of "soup". So, in the phonetic transcription it would be "serilla" not "cerilla". This is only in a few areas of the country. In official dictionaries is like I say in the begin.

Ups...I hope it to have explained well :P , yes?? or no...? :cry: haahaha. You say me, and no problem for explain it again. :wink:

Good afternoon for all!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Salve Sara and Arciris!!!

I hope everything ok with you both?

Arciris; one off my denied (cancelled) project's had to do with a three languages project. I also was planning to find research in Catalonië, because indeed your situation is the same! With English (every Europian country want's to (most) educate in English aswell) Spanish, and the Catalonian language. Frisian used to be very important, not only this Region in Holland. But also in Germany, Schleswig - Holstein, Oldenburg and Denmark. There are 4 different official dialect's in Frisian.
There are allot of parent's here that won't raise their children in Frisian, because they are afraid that those kids won't learn good Dutch. But research already has showed that kids who are raised with 2 languages have more abbillities for learning languages.

And thank you I will recommend the name tonight!

Sara; Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! That is really cool!!! Indeed a dikke tût for you!
Alles geht Super!!! Everything goes great!!!

Anne wie geht's? Mit mir geht es gut!
Anne how are you? I'm fine!

And Lily how are you?

Ramona are you still living on a pink cloud? Does the rest know's this sentence in English? Living on a pink cloud?

My Frisian writing is not good, so I will stick to English :wink:

Much love Adriana!

Edit; Arciris, thank you!!!
My name is famous aswell ... you have a topmodel Adriana Lima :wink: the official Snow White is the Walt Disney Industry was a Adriana :D
My name is all over the world!!! Soooo funny :lol:

sara
05-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Arciris!!! Thank you!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You've been very very clear!!! :P :P
Thanks for spending much time in explaining it to me!!
So If I've understood well, only "c" and "z" change their pronountiation, while "s" is always "s" (if it isn't followed by "c")..?

also in Italian we have a similar rule:
:arrow: "c" and "g" before "e"/"i" are pronounced like "China" ("c") and "gentry" ("g")
:arrow: "c" and "g" before "a"/"o"/"u" or consonant, are pronounced like "cat" ("c") or "gag" ("g")

and also:
:arrow: "sc"+ i/e is pron. like "shine" [f.i. "ascensore"!!]
:arrow: "gn" is pron. like your "ñ" [f.i. "gnomo" = troll]

:roll: :roll: :roll:
so, if I'm not wrong..."cerveza" would have this phonetic transcription: "thervetha".... or maybe I haven't undersood anything?!! :shock: :oops: :lol:

thanks for sharing your love for foreign languages with us Esther!! :wink:

un abbraccio (=hug).. in Spanish??

sara
05-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Hoi Adriana!! :lol:
Hoe gaat het met jou?!
I was wondering... your name is the same in italy (feminine Adriana, masc. Adriano)... strange it is used in Holland, tooo.. :roll: It sounds so.."latin" :P :P
do you have the same phonetic rules as in German?.. or English.. or both??!!

see you soon, dear!! :wink: :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Adriana comes originally from the Adriatic sea...
And that's more in your area :D

And oo Sara now I need to reply in Italian... but I can't remember? Did you already explained that?
I know how it is in French! Anna could confirm that! Ca Va Bien! I'm fine, I had quite a good day, I hope my evening will be good aswell!

I think we use both euhm regulations is the word right? I'm not sure...
But anyway German is quite difficult... to learn...

Just like Dirk and Dwight said, people from Holland are good in English. Why?? Well we watch English tv programms with Dutch subtitle, we have English music, English books. And like I had... I met allot people who spoke English when I was little and a bit older.

Much love Adriana

Ps. When we will all go on that cruise! We can learn each other how to talk in different languages!!!!

sara
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Adriana!!! Ciao!!!! :D

here are the translations:
how are you=come va?
how do you feel=come stai?
fine!=bene! (or "va tutto bene")
not fine=male! (or "va male")
I had quite a good day=ho passato una buona giornata
I hope my evening will be good aswell=spero di passare anche una buona serata

I think that watching films in the original language (even with subtitled) would be very useful... we use to dub everything in Italy.. and as a result... we can't understand foreign lang. while we're abroad!:(

As you taught me... slaap lekker!!!!! :lol: :wink:

xRamona
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Adriana quote;
Ramona are you still living on a pink cloud? Does the rest know's this sentence in English? Living on a pink cloud?

Why should I be living on a pink cloud?
Sorry, don't understand you :oops:

Veel Liefs! (dutch) Volle leafs! (Frisian) Much Love!

sara
05-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Adriana quote;

Well Ramona, if I'm allowed to reply you, I think Adriana is talking about your enthusiasm for your meeting with Dirk/Dwight. Anybody of us would live on a pink cloud after such an event!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Btw Adriana, in Italian we can say
vivere su una nuvola rosa = living on a pink cloud
But
vivere tra le nuvole = living on/among clouds means being distracted or not realistic

VEEL LIEFS!!
Kus (is it correct??)

xRamona
05-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Adriana quote;

Well Ramona, if I'm allowed to reply you, I think Adriana is talking about your enthusiasm for your meeting with Dirk/Dwight. Anybody of us would live on a pink cloud after such an event!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Btw Adriana, in Italian we can say
vivere su una nuvola rosa = living on a pink cloud
But
vivere tra le nuvole = living on/among clouds means being distracted or not realistic

VEEL LIEFS!!
Kus (is it correct??)

Oooh!
Hahahah!
Yeah I'm still living on a pink cloud,
There isn't one hour, not one minute, not one second that I'm not thinking about Saturday!!
My mom's getting crazy. :lol:
And eh Sara,
Your Dutch is perfect! :D

Liefs, Leafs, Love,

Ramona.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-15-2007, 04:23 PM
True Sara, living on a cloud means that you are distracted (or attracted in this case...).

Most people like to keep their feet on the ground... or sitting high in the sky at an animal from 800 kilo's 8)

By the way I told the owner from the name Charlotte, he would think about it! I took new pictures, she is soooooo cute... she kissed me hihihihihihihihihih on my fore head!

And Charo still hasn't got an official name? Maybe you guys can come up with a name? It's a boy, must start with a C... And I would love to have a Spanish or a Italian name. Something differnt than the German and English names that we normally use!

And Buona Sera! Kiss

sara
05-16-2007, 04:49 AM
True Sara, living on a cloud means that you are distracted (or attracted in this case...).

Most people like to keep their feet on the ground... or sitting high in the sky at an animal from 800 kilo's 8)

By the way I told the owner from the name Charlotte, he would think about it! I took new pictures, she is soooooo cute... she kissed me hihihihihihihihihih on my fore head!

And Charo still hasn't got an official name? Maybe you guys can come up with a name? It's a boy, must start with a C... And I would love to have a Spanish or a Italian name. Something differnt than the German and English names that we normally use!

And Buona Sera! Kiss

Hi dear!!! :P
ohhh Charlotte must be so tender...!! :lol:
I was thinking about Charo's official name.. quite difficult to find immediately... let me think of it just a few days...
:roll: :roll:
at the moment I was considering "Camillo", it's italian and even if at the moment it hasn't got a meaning, the origins of this name related it with the meaning of holy healer ( :wink: ).. why not?!
Or.. if you prefer a fighter's name.. Cesare is always good!

I go on thinking about it! :D

Veel Liefs :)

Arciris
05-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Arciris; one off my denied (cancelled) project's had to do with a three languages project. I also was planning to find research in Catalonië, because indeed your situation is the same! With English (every Europian country want's to (most) educate in English aswell) Spanish, and the Catalonian language. Frisian used to be very important, not only this Region in Holland. But also in Germany, Schleswig - Holstein, Oldenburg and Denmark. There are 4 different official dialect's in Frisian.
There are allot of parent's here that won't raise their children in Frisian, because they are afraid that those kids won't learn good Dutch. But research already has showed that kids who are raised with 2 languages have more abbillities for learning languages.

Hello to all!
Hallo Adriana!
Wow, that's very interesting that you say about research in Catalonia. Is my matern and patern languagge and I love it. That luck about official languages and that they include Frisian. Here Catalan it's not official...for since 50 years has been requested his officiality but nothing..Spain, with that, have a problem...Here there is a three differentiated languages, gallego (west area), vasco (north area) and catalan (est area) but they don't give the official recognition to any of them. Why? We all speak spanish, evidently, is the same country, and it must not have any problem for to be bilingual or trilingual, or cuatrilingual..but Spain is anchored in the past still..Not delayed as far as life in general but if in the sentimental thing, and they believe that iitmust be one, with a single language, a single mentality...Many people we think that that is an error..but.......
They not understand about that all Eurpe say, and that you say here, that is very important: "Research already has showed that kids who are raised with 2 languages have more abbillities for learning languages".
I speak perfect spanish and I like it too, but I would like that catalan and other languages of contry be official and to be able to always speak it in the street, but that is not possible ever..
We we felt European, but we think that the general country not...I love you all all languages, littles, bigs, medium, and the same respect that I have with the others, I'd like that the country that the country had with mine. :roll:
Perhaps in the future...

If you want information, I can find it :wink: . You know.

Yess, your name is famous, too, and it's internacional name, yess. I know that in Argentinean is very usual, because i have a friend that have many friends there with your name :wink: .

Peace!

sara
05-16-2007, 05:33 AM

And Buona Sera! Kiss

Hi dear!!! :P
ohhh Charlotte must be so tender...!! :lol:
I was thinking about Charo's official name.. quite difficult to find immediately... let me think of it just a few days...
:roll: :roll:
at the moment I was considering "Camillo", it's italian and even if at the moment it hasn't got a meaning, the origins of this name related it with the meaning of holy healer ( :wink: ).. why not?!
Or.. if you prefer a fighter's name.. Cesare is always good!

I go on thinking about it! :D

Veel Liefs :)

And What about "Cucciolo"?? :lol: I means puppy, buddy... but it's also one ol the 7 dwarf's name... it's a tender nickname in Italian... but also funny when he becomes big and tall :wink:

Arciris
05-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Hi again!!
Saraa, ciaoo!
Thanks very much for your lessons of italian "c" and "g" and you're welcome for mines :wink: . You have explained them very well, too!
I like that we are making with this post. :D :D

Ohh, that good "i'm still living in a pink cloud" hahahaha, it's funny! Yeah, Ramona, I imagine your beautiful pink cloud about Dirk/Dwight. I believe that :lol: .Here this expresion not exist but I like it!

But ohhh, really? We say too "Vivere tra le nuvole = living on/among clouds" for the same expresion, to be not realistic. It exist in catalan, not in spanish, although also they understand it too.
We say in catalan " Viure als núvols" or "Tú vius als núvols" = "You are living in the clouds". Ha ha ha.
We can to put many expresions like this?? yes?? I think tnat is interesting because every country has its but some are the same ones. :P

Oh, I have a friend that her name is Charo. I don't know now of what it names comes..but it's a diminutive or abbreviation of the real name..I think. I will look for it, too. :wink:

Have a good morning!!!

P.D. Anne, Lily, Genny, Dbuk...Where are you?? Well, I see you in other posts but not here :D . Are you fine?? Kisses!

Arciris
05-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Arghh sorry, fiends..
I repeat words in my posts and I write very bad...sorryy, I I must study more. :oops:

Sara, Camillo yes! I remember "Don Camillo", beatiful film! :P
Ohh, you ask me about my sister. Not, she's not already in Italy. Only a week. She's now in South Spain when she work. She said me that she had eaten many pizzas and a balls of motzarella very very delicious. That luch!! arghh. I want!
:lol:

dbukfan
05-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi again!!

Have a good morning!!!

P.D. Anne, Lily, Genny, Dbuk...Where are you?? Well, I see you in other posts but not here :D . Are you fine?? Kisses!

Hola Esther

I'm v well, thnk U.....Il Come Va?...U see I'v tried :lol: :lol:. U must be psychic..just thinkin' of U too :mrgreen:

Just been busyzzzz beezzz @ here & there U know....need to do lots of translation dictionary on this topic +10 pks of paracetamol.:roll: :roll:..prob. followed by the big Cigar :shock: :shock: , which I don't want for my hectic day...& also much to catch up with other DBC's topics too :lol: :lol: .

A Presto :D :D

dbukfan...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Bonjour Sara and Arciris!

I'm still standing online, but i'm busy with doing all kinds of things!

We say in Holland aswell 'Die leeft met het hoofd tussen de wolken' 'He or she lives with the head between the clouds'! And 'pink cloud' is mostly used when you fell in love with somebody and can't thing about anything else :oops:

Sara; I like the name Cucciolo! I hopefully will make this afternoon a picture from the other Colt! That must be a spanish name than! But please don't stop with thinking, because the owner is never satisfied...

Arciris

I speak perfect spanish and I like it too, but I would like that catalan and other languages of contry be official and to be able to always speak it in the street, but that is not possible ever..
We we felt European, but we think that the general country not...I love you all all languages, littles, bigs, medium, and the same respect that I have with the others, I'd like that the country that the country had with mine.
Perhaps in the future...

Hmm I thought the Catalonian language was a official minority language aswell! And I don't need to do research any more :(
Now i'm working on the subject PDD-NOS, I believe there is allot work that needs to be done! So I hope Psyche from this forum could help me aswell, I have read somewere that she will graduate as Child psych.
Maybe she can get Articles for me, but that is just hoping from me...

And thank you that my name is famous :oops: I have a chat with Sara yesterday and it was such a good day!!! The sun was shining and the horses were good!

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=LYS4MOIT
Pictures from yesterday :D

P.D. Anne, Lily, Genny, Dbuk...Where are you?? Well, I see you in other posts but not here . Are you fine?? Kisses!

I miss them aswell!

Arciris
05-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Hi again!
Well Adriana, catalan is official in Andorra, because Andorra is a country. Liitle..but country. And his co-officials languagges are spanish and french, because they are his neighbours. I had forgotten to explain this :P .
But here..how catalonia it's not a independent country, is for this reason that iit's not official. It could be, but for the moment, not...
Ohhh, good luck with PDD-NOS, Child Psych. I hope that Psyche can help you. :wink:
Well chat with Sara!!
Beatiful photos! Thanks for post it. The little horse is nice! :D
I will put, when find it, a photos of Andorran horses. They are beautifuls too, because there is a good climate for them, mountains, pure air and goog grass, too :wink: .
Cucciolo! Good name, but I think that it's not spanish...I will ask that. :lol:
Kisses!!

Arciris
05-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Hola Esther

I'm v well, thnk U.....Il Come Va?...U see I'v tried :lol: :lol:. U must be psychic..just thinkin' of U too :mrgreen:

Just been busyzzzz beezzz @ here & there U know....need to do lots of translation dictionary on this topic +10 pks of paracetamol.:roll: :roll:..prob. followed by the big Cigar :shock: :shock: , which I don't want for my hectic day...& also much to catch up with other DBC's topics too :lol: :lol: .

A Presto :D :D

dbukfan...x[/quote]

Hi Dbuk!!! I'm happy of read your words!
Yes, I agree, haahaha, I need too translation for some post and my pks of paracetamol, hahaha, but I like them because we are understood all. :P
Big cigar?? yess, too, hahaha :lol:
Up with your day!! Less hours to finish the work, already.. :wink:

sara
05-16-2007, 06:50 AM
CIAO AMICI!!! (hi friends!!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carissima Esther! ciao!!!
I always like your enthusiasm!!! :P
And please don't worry about your English!! I don't find you repeat your words and all your posts are interesting and kind! so don't mind!! :wink:
ok.. I'll send you some mozzarella...!!!!! :lol: :lol:
sorry that your sister's holidays are already over.. a week is a short time to visit Italy! :(

About expressions.. of course we can compare them, it's fun!
Adriana said:'Die leeft met het hoofd tussen de wolken' ='He or she lives with the head between the clouds'.. in Itay it's 'ha la testa tra le nuvole'.... that's another version of your 'Viure als núvols' (=stare/vivere tra le nuvole).

and, speaking about clouds and sky...
:arrow: "costruire castelli in aria/sulle nuvole" = builig castles on air/clouds... it means you have not realistic plans

:arrow: "toccare il cielo con un dito" = touching the sky with one finger...... it means to be very very happy

:arrow: "essere al settimo cielo" =being on 7th heaven...... it means to be happy, too (pink cloud!!!!)

:arrow: "avere la luna storta" = to be in a bad moon (literaly crooked moon)... it exist in German too (schlechte/gute Laune)

BTW, I adore Don Camillo, too!!!!! It comes from the book by Guareschi. Really you have it i Spain??!!

a presto Esther!!
baci baci (besitos!!)

sara
05-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Ciao Adri !!!(we shorten your name like this in Italy... do you allow me to?? :wink: )

Very very nice photos!!
I'm happy you like "Cucciolo".. it's very tender!
However..I'm still thinking..!!

Chatting with you is really great, you know? :lol:

bis bald!!

un Abbraccio (hug)

xRamona
05-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Hey by the way,
Sara,
Did you know that me and my family are going on holiday to Italy? In July?
* Is this good english? 8) )
Paschira,
Do you know that?

Liefs, en een dikke kus!

sara
05-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Dbuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome back!! :lol: :lol:
Very good: "Come va" is like your "how R U?" (written so??)
Any new questions about Pav's songs texts?! :wink:
We were really missing you!!
and.. you know... as far as I'm concerned, your way to write shortened English makes it seem another foreign language :shock: :shock: ... I aways spend some time trying to convert it in conventional English :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: !!

stay with us!! :P

sara
05-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Hey by the way,
Sara,
Paschira,
Do you know that?

Liefs, en een dikke kus!

Great news Ramona!! :D :D
July is a wonderful month here in Italy!!
Could it be "Pescara"?! :wink:
if you need information, I'm here!! :D

bibbi
05-16-2007, 08:11 AM

]Wie Gehts Euch Alle? How goes it with everyone?

sara, DB, Esther, Lily! How are all of U?

Dirk B fan from Holland, xRamona, Wie Gehts? How goes it?

Did I forget anybody? Been working on a lot of computers lately, Brain is fried. :(
Sorry, if I forgot anybody.

Alles Gute!
All the best!

xRamona
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey by the way,
Sara,
Paschira,
Do you know that?

Liefs, en een dikke kus!

Great news Ramona!! :D :D
July is a wonderful month here in Italy!!
Could it be "Pescara"?! :wink:
if you need information, I'm here!! :D

Pescara..
Could be!
In Dutch it's Paschira..
Its near to a lake?
Could that be?

Dirk B fan from Holland, xRamona, Wie Gehts? How goes it?

I'm not the only DB fan from Holland.. :lol:
Adriana too, isn't she?
But eh,
Mir geht ganz gut!
I've just had some preliminary examinations,
but I've had them all, and now I'm tired. :lol:
It didn't went very well :S
But yeah,
We'll see ;)

Eine Dicken Kuß... (Thats good German, I hope. :lol: )

Ramona.

sara
05-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Pescara..
Could be!
In Dutch it's Paschira..
Its near to a lake?
Could that be?
Ramona.

Well.. Pescara is a nice city in Abruzzo (region in the middle Italy).. there's the sea..!
Maybe you mean Peschiera del Garda...it's near the lake (Lago del Garda) :lol:

sara
05-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi everybody... It's again me!!!
I've got a very stupid question but I can't resist!! :oops: :lol:

I've just seen I've become Starbucks Wingman..... ok... I'm ignorant.. or maybe stupid ( :( :( ) but.. what's the meaning of that??????? :lol: :P :?: :?:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Hello everybody!!!!

Und Hallo Anne gut dich wieder hier zu sehen!!! Sara kan mir erzählen oder du Anna ob ich das so gut geschrieben habe. So gut ist mein Deutsch auch noch nicht aber ich lerne viel von Sara 8)
And hi Anne good to see you back here!!! Sara can tell me or you Anna if I have written this right. My German isn't that well, but I learn much from Sara.

Arciris; We call Andorran horses Andalüsiers I believe so. They are really gorgious, a bit more refined than the Lippizanner. But still 'Barok' (that is the Dutch word... i'm not sure what I would be in English).

About the language Friesland isn't independed either... but we do have our own culture, language, flag. And we are very proud at ourselfs...
And what little horse do you like? You now have 3 different foals on the pictures :lol: :lol:

Cucciolo sounds really sweet!

And dbukfan good to have you back! I think we all have hectic days 8)

Good evening

Adriana

Lily
05-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi everybody... It's again me!!!
I've got a very stupid question but I can't resist!! :oops: :lol:

I've just seen I've become Starbucks Wingman..... ok... I'm ignorant.. or maybe stupid ( :( :( ) but.. what's the meaning of that??????? :lol: :P :?: :?:

First of all you are not ignorant or stupid, will have to tell you off if you start a reply with those phrases!!
2 you are Starbucks wingman its a kind of catagory for the amount of posts you enter ie Anne for example is a Dirkaholic cos she has done over 400 posts.
Its done on Dirk Benedict .org too. You staert as trash baaags up to 50 posts then after that you are something else ( can't remember) ok?

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-16-2007, 02:14 PM
You are so right Lily, there is no such thing as stupid questions!!!

dbukfan
05-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Hello everybody!!!!

And dbukfan good to have you back! I think we all have hectic days 8)

Good evening

Adriana

Howdy Adriana

U just so so MEAN sometime :roll: ...I'm a F/T workin' mom of 4 yrs old, demanding kid, who doesn't want her Daddy after 5 pm...so it's my turn to take care of her until 8.30pm..not that I mind..I lov' every min of it indeed..but only the ME-TIME for myself I never had these days.....not MOANIN'...and in wkdays I'd do school run, sometimes eating my lunch in 20 mins to make up the time, buddy!!...and to learn languages I need more time to set in the right frame of mind, right..Got it, Driven Student :lol: :lol: .

Off to the Apprentice with Sir Alan Sugar...the man's aimlessly HARD to please :wink:

Adieu
G.Nite

dbukfan...x :mrgreen:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm not mean, i'm very sweet :oops:

Ah a 4 year old! That is very interesting age, I like kids between 2 and 8 year old. But I really do miss you in this topic!

Kiss Adriana

Arciris
05-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Good morning to all!!

CIao Sara!!
I like too your enthusiasm! :lol: And the three of four lanugages that you (all) know.
Ohh, fine mozzarella!! Mhhh, hahaha.

Thanks too for expresions about clouds and sky!! Here this prhrases are "frases hechas". How they are called in English, Italian, German, Dutch, Frisian...? :P

I put transkation in spanish about your expresions:

:arrow: "costruire castelli in aria/sulle nuvole" = builig castles on air/clouds... it means you have not realistic plans = "Construïr castillos en la arena"

:arrow: "toccare il cielo con un dito" = touching the sky with one finger...... it means to be very very happy = "Tocar el cielo con un dedo"

:arrow: "essere al settimo cielo" =being on 7th heaven...... it means to be happy, too (pink cloud!!!!) = "Estar en el séptimo cielo"

:arrow: "avere la luna storta" = to be in a bad moon (literaly crooked moon)... it exist in German too (schlechte/gute Laune) = "Estar de mala luna" (not exist this in spanish)

Ohh, not, I don't have Don Camillo's book by Guareschi, but I will find it. I like his history and I laughed very much when I saw the film. When Don Camillo speak with Jesuchrist is funny. :lol:

Un abrazo!! (a hug)
Baci, baci!! :D

dbukfan
05-17-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm not mean, i'm very sweet :oops:

Ah a 4 year old! That is very interesting age, I like kids between 2 and 8 year old. But I really do miss you in this topic!

Kiss Adriana

Hallo Adriana

Oh...How SWEET of U?...I do miss U guys too, most of the time...I'm thinkin' of writing a cutie song for all Dutch Fans...let me do some more research...the Boss'll be leavin' office at noon :mrgreen: ...YES!!!....Peace @ Last!!!!!!.YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE :lol: :lol: :lol:
then I'll blast a few FAV songs on U-Tube...Yes!!!!! :D :D .

Alles Gute
Adieu
Ciao Bella
A Presto

dbukfan...x

PS: Pls let me have Ducth sentence for 'I MISS U ALWAYS'..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arciris
05-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Ahh Sara! I agree with the others, not is a stupid question ask for Starbucks Wingman, etc..I don't know either..And thankyou for yours answers!

Hallo Adriana!!! How are you?
Ohh, Andorran horses Andalüsiers ? They must be a mixture because Andorra is in the north and Andalusia is a comunity of the south inside Spain. And yess, here people say that andalusian horses are the best race of Spain. But I imagine that in Holland are better, because the climate is better for your grass, many rain..etc.."Barok" I don't know. Anybody know?

Ohh, I think that I like more Cucciolo, but I can't choose, are beautiful all horses! When they are babies..ohh, they are like kids, tender..swwet.. :wink:

Hi again, Anne, Dbuk, Lily, Ramona!! Sorry if I forget somebody...
Dbuk, I understand your situation, work, kids...domestic tasks...arghhh, I don't have children, not stil.. :shock: hahaha, but the diary tasks remove long time, it's true.

Anne, "Unsere Kreuzfahrt hofft zu uns" :wink:
"Our cruise is hoping to us"

I put some other expresions more.. :P

:arrow: "Sacar las castañas del fuego" = "to remove the chestnuts from the fire" (it means that people solve your problems bacause you are incapable to solve them yourself.

:arrow: This is in catlan, not exist in spanish: "Treure foc pels queixals" = "to remove fire by teeth"..it means you are very very gotten upset :twisted:

:arrow: "Estar como una cabra" = "to be like a goat"...To be crazy :lol: But not in negative meaning always. It can be a lovely person which makes graceful things. This would be Murdock :lol:

Kisses for all!!
A hug!
Eine umarmung!
Un abbraccio!!
Een omhelzing!
Un abrazo!
Una abraçada!

sara
05-17-2007, 07:21 AM
First of all you are not ignorant or stupid, will have to tell you off if you start a reply with those phrases!!
2 you are Starbucks wingman its a kind of catagory for the amount of posts you enter ie Anne for example is a Dirkaholic cos she has done over 400 posts.
Its done on Dirk Benedict .org too. You staert as trash baaags up to 50 posts then after that you are something else ( can't remember) ok?

Thanks Lily!! :)
Ok ok I'll nomore insult myself like that!!! :oops: I promise :lol: :lol: !!
It's one of my biggest faults the lask of self assurance :oops: :( ...

I supposed these were cathegories depending on the amount of posts but I was wondering what's the meaning of the English words "Starbucks Wingman", cause they aren'i in my dictionary. The meaning of 'dirkette', 'Face's golf caddy', etc. is very clear indeed.. :roll: :roll:

Well Lily, it's already the second time I ask you to help me with la language.. are you maybe becoming my tutor?! :P :wink:
Thanks again!!
HUGS

sara
05-17-2007, 07:42 AM
My dear Adriana!!! Carissima amica!!! :lol:

maybe you and Esther are right.. stupid questions don't exist after all!!
I'm glad you like Cucciolo...
btw you say the firrst "c" like in "cut", the "u" lige in "put", the "cci" like in "chair"(only a bit stronger)..

I love 'andalusi' (ital.) too.. they're great.. wonderful movements!! :D

Und Hallo Anne gut dich wieder hier zu sehen!!! Sara kan mir erzählen oder du Anna ob ich das so gut geschrieben habe. So gut ist mein Deutsch auch noch nicht aber ich lerne viel von Sara
einfach toll!! ganz korrekt!!
kaum glaube ich was dir zu lehren, aber es freut mich,dass du so sagst ... sehr nett von dir!!

kus kus and.. a presto!!

sara
05-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Holaaaa!! :P :P
como estas?
cool that spanish and italian use same expressions!!!!

:arrow: "Sacar las castañas del fuego" = "to remove the chestnuts from the fire" (it means that people solve your problems bacause you are incapable to solve them yourself... in italian it's "togliere le castagne dal fuoco"

:arrow: "Estar como una cabra" = "to be like a goat"...To be crazy Laughing But not in negative meaning always. It can be a lovely person which makes graceful things. This would be Murdock ..... This is quite different: "essere una capra" in Italian means to be ignorant or eventually also stupid!

Other animals:
:arrow: "essere furbo come una volpe" = to be as sharp as a fox
:arrow: "essere forte come un leone" = to be as strong as a lion
:arrow: "essere matto come un cavallo" = to be as mad as a horse
:arrow: "essere muto come un pesce" = so be as silent as a fish
:arrow: "essere intellgente come una faina" = to be as clever as a beech-marten
:arrow: "essere pauroso come un coniglio" = to be as coward as a rabbit

and so on.. should I go on??

un abrazo!!! besitos!!! :lol: :lol:

bibbi
05-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Hallo Alle!

Wie Geht es Euch Alle? Es Geht MIr sehr Gut. Heute ist Donnerstag und Morgen is Freitag!
Und dann bald ist Wochenend! :D

How goes it with everyone. Today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. And soon it weekend! :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland! :D Bitte habe keine Angst. Dein Deustch ist Gut Genug. :D

Alles Gute und Machs Gut!
All the Best and Make Good!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Good afternoon everybody,

I noticed that it's difficult to remember the Spanish and Italian phrases! Because i'm not used to that language... I have the same sort of thing with Frisian :(
I can read better German and English than I can read Frisian. I can talk Frisian... my mother has gave me a phrase book in Frisian - Dutch :D

Arciris is your real name Esther? As I noticed that some people call you Esther :D

And i'm sorry!!!!!! :oops: You are so right than the Andalusian must be a different breed!
So there are many different breed's in Spain?
Hmm i'm not sure if the Dutch horse would be better? Or the Frisian... because we have young horses in fields from 1 hect till maybe 8 hectare.
But I can imagine that you have in Spain much more land to raise the foals and young horses. You have natural elements that we don't have here, we don't have hills or mountains... or small creeks. They say that Ireland is the best for raising horses, for their climate and natural elements.

Euhm Barok; The Andalusiers, Lippizaners, Frisians and I do believe more breed's are being called by Barok. Because off their beautifull manes, socks, they have a specifik expression.

I put transkation in spanish about your expresions:

"costruire castelli in aria/sulle nuvole" = builig castles on air/clouds... it means you have not realistic plans = "Construïr castillos en la arena"

"toccare il cielo con un dito" = touching the sky with one finger...... it means to be very very happy = "Tocar el cielo con un dedo"

"essere al settimo cielo" =being on 7th heaven...... it means to be happy, too (pink cloud!!!!) = "Estar en el séptimo cielo"
In de zevende hemel zijn; means the same!

"avere la luna storta" = to be in a bad moon (literaly crooked moon)... it exist in German too (schlechte/gute Laune) = "Estar de mala luna" (not exist this in spanish)

I put some other expresions more..

"Sacar las castañas del fuego" = "to remove the chestnuts from the fire" (it means that people solve your problems bacause you are incapable to solve them yourself.
"De kastanjes voor een ander uit het vuur halen" Dutch
I found French aswell ; "Tirer les marrons du feu"

This is in catlan, not exist in spanish: "Treure foc pels queixals" = "to remove fire by teeth"..it means you are very very gotten upset .

"Estar como una cabra" = "to be like a goat"...To be crazy But not in negative meaning always. It can be a lovely person which makes graceful things. This would be Murdock

I couldn't find really phrases who would fit with the other two!

dbukfan; your songs are fantastic!
"I MISS YOU ALWAYS" must be "IK MIS JE ALTIJD" :lol:

One in Frisian; 't is in min spul, immen dy't oer 't hynder tild is wer yn'e midden fan't seal te krijen; In Dutch; Het is moeilijk om iemand die over het paard getild is weer in het zadel te krijgen. It is hard to bring somebody back in the saddle after you pushed him over the saddle. The meaning is acoording my book; To make somebody arrogant by giving him to many compliments and don't help him at this way. You do as you are helping but you are not.
And often we say that such person is arrogant.

It's fun, I have found a huge Dutch phrases book and a small Frisian phrases book :lol:

Now I want to know something typical UK; That could be Welsh, Eglish, Scottisch, Irisch!

Ps; I just danced on a number from Boy George :lol:

Een omhelzing means indeed a hug! But 'knuffel' is more said!! ;-)

Much love!!!

Edit; I will first go to the horses! To make pictures from 2 foals in the field :D , it's beautifull weather!!!!

Ciau Bella's!

bibbi
05-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi Dirk B. Fan From Holland! :D
I was able to read most of the Frisian and Dutch! Cool! 8)
Vielen Dank fuer Das Ausnennen. :D

Take care,

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Vielen dank Anne und Sara für die Liebe Wörter!
Thank you Anne and Sara for your kind word's!

A saying we have with goat's; Vooruit met de geit! Forward with the goat. Means on a funny way hurry up, or when it comes to paying.

With a fox; Een vos verliest wel zijn haren, maar niet zijn streken. A fox loses his hair, but not his 'character' (I don't know the English word for streken). Meaning; Think off Dirk Benedict, he was always a charming guy, even now he is getting older he still stays charming! I mean a women-izer (how do you spell that... :D )

Lion; In het hol van de leeuw zijn. To be in de hole from the Lion. To be in the most dangerous spot were you can be, were you just don't need to be...
Another one; Als de leeuw dood is, kunnen de hazen wel over hem heen huppelen. Literally (because English has different grammar rules...) If the lion is dead, the rabbit's do jump (think about the funny movement rabbit's make) over him. Means if the danger has disappeared, the cowards become heroes.

Fish; Zich als een vis op het droge voelen. To feel like a fish on dry land. You are not feeling comfterble in certain situations.

Now one in Frisian again about horses :lol: ; In hynder yn'e stap hellet in hurddraver wol yn. Dutch; Een paard dat stapvoets gaat haalt een harddraver wel in. A horse that goes in walk will pass the trottinghorse. Meaning; If you want to be always the fastest, the best, you will kill yourself.

I didn't had luck with the foals... Charlotte was still inside... she hasn't been out of her box since birth :shock:
And the other colt (baby stallion) (not from Josiane) we brought in early, the mother had colic last week... :(
Josiane was very sweet! Only Cucciolo was naughty... he and Cyloma filly (baby mare) destroyed my bike... by eating wires from my lamp...

Liebe Grüsse,

Adriana

What is a beech-marter?

sara
05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Hallo liebe ADRI (since you haven't said anything about it, I suppose I can use this shortened name!!! :lol: :wink:
Very interesting says, really!!! And many similarities with the Italian oes!!

:arrow: With a fox; Een vos verliest wel zijn haren, maar niet zijn streken. A fox loses his hair, but not his 'character' (I don't know the English word for streken). Meaning; Think off Dirk Benedict, he was always a charming guy, even now he is getting older he still stays charming! I mean a women-izer (how do you spell that... Very Happy )

We say "il lupo perde il pelo ma non il vizio" = the wolf loose his hair bun not his vice/bad habit. It has only a negative meaning, it means that you can change your aspect but never your character (bad side of it)

:arrow: Lion; In het hol van de leeuw zijn. To be in de hole from the Lion. To be in the most dangerous spot were you can be, were you just don't need to be...

We say "essere nella tana del lupo" -- same words same meaning!

:arrow: Fish; Zich als een vis op het droge voelen. To feel like a fish on dry land. You are not feeling comfterble in certain situations.

We say "essere un pesce fuori dall'acqua" -- same words same meaning!

I like this topic!!!!!!!!

My poor buddy.. sorry for your horses (expecially the one with colics) and for your bike :( :(
But.. today is 17.. we say it's an unluckly day (actually I don't believe in superstitions.. :? ).. anyway, it's over... tomorrow everything will be better again!!! :P

eine feste Umarmung

sara
05-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Hallo Alle!
Wie Geht es Euch Alle? Es Geht MIr sehr Gut. Heute ist Donnerstag und Morgen is Freitag!
Und dann bald ist Wochenend! :D
Alles Gute und Machs Gut!
All the Best and Make Good!

Hallo Anne!
heute fühle ich mich eigentlich nicht so gut.. jedenfalls du hast doch Recht... Das Wochenende kommt gleich ubd dann wird alles wieder besser!!

grossen Kuss

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Salve Sara,

You are so right with the phrase about the fox 8) but I thought DB could be still in 8)

And how funny that you have the same sayings! Very cool!

My bike is fine... only they destroyed the light's... :roll:

Arciris I believe your name is Esther? The mother from Charlotte has got Esther as a name aswell :D She is 21!
I believe they go tomorrow outside... little crazy as for the mare hasn't got out with the foal for 6 days... Imagine like you have been locked up in you room with your new baby for 6 days and than you are turn loose ...

Now I need to focus again on my project :D but I like this board so much :oops:

Veel liefs Adriana

Arciris
05-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Hi to all!!! :P
Hi Adriana!!
Yes, mi real name is Esther. Ohh, I like that in Holand be also my name. It's is Hebrew for that I know...My father like it and, well, in this years there were not many children with this name. :roll:

Saraaa, che avete buon giorno!! :wink:
Que tal??
Thanks for your expressions!! Is a good lesson for his number! I like very much animal expressions. Some are similars, too. I like this topic, because is curious the seemed in our countries.

:arrow: "essere furbo come una volpe" = to be as sharp as a fox = Ser listo como un zorro.
:arrow: "essere forte come un leone" = to be as strong as a lion = Ser fuerte como un león
:arrow: "essere matto come un cavallo" = to be as mad as a horse = Ser desbocado como un caballo
"essere muto come un pesce" = so be as silent as a fish = Ser silencioso como un pez
:arrow: "essere intellgente come una faina" = to be as clever as a beech-marten = Ser inteligente como una haya
:arrow: "essere pauroso come un coniglio" = to be as coward as a rabbit = Ser cobarde como un conejo

Few more: :wink:

:arrow: "Estar como pez fuera del agua" = "To be like fish outside the water". One is in a rare or mistaken site for him

:arrow: "Ser rápido como una liebre" = "To be fast like a hare" Not need explanation.

:arrow: "Ser más torpe que una mula" = "To be clumsier than a mule" I don't uderstand this..I like mules!! Ha ha ha.

A question? It's the same to put "as or as a " that "like"?? I don't know if for put comparisons I need to put "as a" or I put wirite "like" and it's correct too. Thanks. :wink:

Adriana say: "I noticed that it's difficult to remember the Spanish and Italian phrases! Because i'm not used to that language... I have the same sort of thing with Frisian"
Don't worry girl!! I can't understand either about German, Dutch and Frisian, either.. :cry: but, perhaps someday we uderstand some phrase!! Little by little :P .
Thanks for your expressions too!

Hi Anne! Yess, today is friday!! Finally!!!! Here we say: "Hoy es viernes, por fin!" Por fin is like "Finally". Or too, "Finalmente".

Adriana, yes about here there is a beautiful mountains for horses, it's true, but the problem is the few rain that we have....now in spring yes..but not in summer..only a greats storms but is much rain in few space of time and that it's bad..But, well, I'm sure that all our horses, there and here, are funny and they are very take care. :D
Ops about bike... :shock: Well, good luck that only they destoyed the light's.

Holland is a good country for to go in bike, really? My sister said me that is a flat land perfect for visit with bike. I'd like to go!!!
Here, every time more and more people go with bike, because there is many traffic retentions and "bus" and "underground" is a little expensive. But...to go in bike, is a liittle dangerous for the cars...They are for all sides!! You must be watching..I adore bikes!

Kisses for all and happy weekend!! :P :P

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Just want to say that i get back to you all later!!! I'm going to help my mother with cleaning the house and do some work for school. But the last days I do the last at midnight when everybody is sleeping. I can focus myself better :D

Talk to you later!!!

sara
05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Few more: :wink:

:arrow: "Estar como pez fuera del agua" = "To be like fish outside the water". One is in a rare or mistaken site for him

:arrow: "Ser rápido como una liebre" = "To be fast like a hare" Not need explanation.

:arrow: "Ser más torpe que una mula" = "To be clumsier than a mule" I don't uderstand this..I like mules!! Ha ha ha.

A question? It's the same to put "as or as a " that "like"?? I don't know if for put comparisons I need to put "as a" or I put wirite "like" and it's correct too. Thanks. :wink:

Mia cara Esther, you're very welcome!! :D
very untersting your says too.. and very similar to ours:

:arrow: "Estar como pez fuera del agua" = "To be like fish outside the water" = sentirsi come un pesce fuori dall'acqua
:arrow: "Ser rápido como una liebre" = "To be fast like a hare" = essere veloce (or 'rapido' as well!!!) come una lepre
:arrow: "Ser más torpe que una mula" = "To be clumsier than a mule"... it's similar to "essere cocciuto come un mulo" (stubborn as a mule)

and we say: IN BOCCA AL LUPO (in the mouth of the wolf) = BUONA FORTUNA (good luck)!!! viel Glück in German.. other translations???? :roll:

About LIKE/AS...
Like = preposition (+ noun)
As = conjunction (+ sentence)
or in comparations: as... as... (es. 'Dirk is as kind as Dwight')

hope it's clear.. otherways ask me again!!!

besitos!!!!!!
Buon fine settimana!! (happy weekend) :wink: :P

sara
05-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Hoi Adri!!! :wink:
Thanks for your chat yesterday!!! :D
Great news today: I've been riding Paddy again!!! just for a walk.. but it was the first time since November, then he had always had the problems I told you.. I'm so excited!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wanted to share it with you immediately!! :P

Have a nice weekend my dear!

Lern nicht zuviel!!! (don't study too much!)
ich umarme dich

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Esther and Sara!!!

Well Esther is a common name here, mostly for people. But the name Esther suites this mare :lol: It's a really dominant horse with a good strong character. She's the boss. But she get's older... I know her for 15 year now!!

"Estar como pez fuera del agua" = "To be like fish outside the water". One is in a rare or mistaken site for him

I ment this one with the fish in one off my phrases post's! :D

And I hope we do learn the different languages better, it's so interesting!!!

I was lucky with my bike.... I have seen horses eaten the whole saddle... I also now by experience that they eat speakers from your walkman/discman/mp3players...

Yes Holland is very good by doing by bike! A friend of mine did whole New Zealand by Bike... she didn't realized how different the landscapes are...

I will find more phrases tomorrow with animals :D

A Sara you are so welcome!!! How did Paddy behave himself, was he a little cocky or just normal? I'm so pleased, well here you go this must have giving you a great boost!!!

Have a great weekend yourself!!!! And Esther, dbukfan, lily and all the others offcourse aswell!!! I'm listening to a Trance Set, I don't know if you know what Trance is, but that is music, very populiar in Holland and the UK. I can get goosebumps from it. I love it so much!! That gives me feeling from me what I did 7 years ago :D (do you remember the picture with my golden suit Sara ;-) )

Good evening my dear friends (already friends after one week :lol: )

sara
05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
A Sara you are so welcome!!! How did Paddy behave himself, was he a little cocky or just normal? I'm so pleased, well here you go this must have giving you a great boost!!!

Good evening my dear friends (already friends after one week :lol: )

He was just a bit cocky... but with me he usually seems to be more relaxed than with other people.. :D :D I'm so happyy (=felice - contenta).. you can imagine!!!! :lol:

Buona serata a te bella!! I'm really happy (and also a bit surprised) to have found in just a few days a friend in Holland who shares so much with me! :wink:
Sometimes life give good surprises!!! :P

and a big hug to all of you!!! :D :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I feel the same :lol:

But sometimes we need good suprises and we need to cherish that! I'm very happy in hearing such good music, that makes feel that I want to dance all night!!! The last time that I that was last september :oops:
I need more dancing on good music (good for my belly aswell :oops: dancing works for me just as good as skippying :lol:

bibbi
05-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Sag Mal Wie Gehts?! Say how goes it?! *that's German slang by the way*

Heute hab Ich kein Gehirn im Kopf! :lol: Today I don't have brain in my head.

Too much computer work, brain is fried. :(

Alles Gute und Schoen Wochenend! :D
All the Best and have a Lovely Weekend! :D

Lily
05-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Ay up you lot!. Not been around the forum much as of late sorry so heres a little nottinghamese, to make up fer ( for) it

Another word i found I used when a spider was about to drop into my ( ahem) cleavage... I frit mesen ( I frit mi-sen) or I frightened myself...

And when a parcel was recently delivered to my house and I wasn't home my neighbour would have informed the postmen in this way.....
Postman 'Gorra parcel 'ere fer Lileh' ( Lil leh as it would be prononced) / I have a parcel here for Lily
Neighbour 'Shintin Serri' (Shint tin Serry) / She isn't at home sir,

Ah the english language and don't forget Shakespeare, his accent may not have sounded clear cut but a kind of rambling english not too dissimilar to the midlands.
I may look up a sonnet and do it in midlanese :P

Arciris
05-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Hi to all!!!
How are you? And happy monday, although...Who like a monday?? grrr :?

Sara, ciaoo, bella!! I hope that you have a nice day. :P
Thanks for your expressions about the mine and for LIKE/AS. I undersand!! I will find more expressions. I can remember some more. :wink:
It's funny your chat with Adriana! What luck!! Sure, I think too that te life, somtimes, bring beautiful things and this is the magic of the life. :P

Hallo Adriana!! :P
Ops..I have read about New Zealand by bike..ups..my fathers were of trip and they say me that there there is many mountains and unevennesses. Yes, very differents landscapes..but, beautiful all. :wink:

Hi Anne!! Glücklicher Tag für Sie, auch! :P
I have read about many work with computer.. :? Well, but we always found a moment for the forum :wink: . This is good!

Hi Lily!! (Lileh) :wink: I'm happy reading your lines, too. :P
Thanks for your expressions!! I like very much to know the our little languages are used and wanted. :D
I have laughed about postman, because my boyfriend is postman and I imagine his face if somebody says this phrase to him, because he know little english, like I.. :cry:
I hope this sonnet in midlanese :wink: .

Dbuk!! I respond a thing of you in the other section. :wink:

Have a nice day!

Arciris
05-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Ha ha ha, sorry for my post..
I have send it and I see now that there is more smiles that text, hahaha. :lol: :lol:
Kisses!

xRamona
05-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Arciris;
That's okay. :lol:
You're not the only one who uses a lot of smileys.. :oops: :lol:

sara
05-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi everybody!!
have you spent a nice weekend? just a pity it's over! :(

Hola Esther! Mi fin de semana ha sido agradable ¿y el tuyo?
En Italia el tiempo es bueno ¿cómo está en España?
Soy feliz que mi poste ha sido útil para ti
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think my Spanish is more comical than correct :!: :oops:
I think I know a Spanish say: mi casa es tu casa.. = my home is your home... can be??
besitos!!

Adri!!!! How are you?!
I miss you!!!! :lol: :P
What about cucciolo? and little Charlotte?
wie geht's mit deiner Diplom Arbeit (du hast mirdieses Wort gelehrt!! :wink: )
ich hoffe, dich bald zu hören!!:D
Veel liefs

Hallo liebe Anne!!
wie ist das Wetter bei dir? schon ziemlich warm?? :D
Kuss

Hi 'Lileh'!! :D
I've studied Shakespeare a lot at Uni.. I loved it!!! :wink:

sara
05-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Ehemm.. Esther.. what did you say about smiles? Have you seen my previous post???? :P :wink:

bibbi
05-21-2007, 08:31 AM

Heute in Kanada ist einem Urllaub, Victoria Day. Today in Canada is a Holiday, Victoria Day.

Das Wetter ist Nicht so Warm Heute. Today the weather is not so warm.

I am going to my brother's house today for dinner, we are having bbq'd salmon and wild rice.

I wish Dirk could attend and Tracy too of course. :wink: :D

Take care,

sara
05-21-2007, 08:35 AM

Heute in Kanada ist einem Urllaub, Victoria Day. Today in Canada is a Holiday, Victoria Day.

Das Wetter ist Nicht so Warm Heute. Today the weather is not so warm.

I am going to my brother's house today for dinner, we are having bbq'd salmon and wild rice.

I wish Dirk could attend and Tracy too of course. :wink: :D

Take care,

Viel Spass!!! :P

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Just want to say that I miss you all aswell and that i'm working on my graduation project (genau Sara Diplom Arbeit :wink: ) I have a graduation project from last year and I found out that this person has copied her text from books!!!! :shock: with no names from her sources or what so ever!!!!
Life can be so unfair...

Lily
05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Ay up you lot. 8) Here is a little shakespeare, not the full sonnet though but a well known one as spoken with a midlands accent, it is as near phonetic as i can get it.

' Shall I compare thee to a summers day,
Thou art more luvleh and more temperut ( lovely , temperate)
Ruff winds d'shake the darlin buds of may ( Rough, do shake, darling)
An' summer's lease hath awl too shorta date, (And ,short of)
Sumtime too 'ot at the eye of heaven shines ( sometime, hot)
And often iziz gold complexshun dimmed ( is his, complexion)
And evry fair frum fair sumtime diclines ( every, from, sometime declines)
Be chance, or native changin' course untrimmed...( By, changing)

Stratford on Avon is in the Midlands, and a year or so agao, plays were preformed with a strong local accent to explain some of the words used may not mean what was originally thought .

Ciao Lily xx

Lily
05-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Oh I unconciously chose a sonnet about a beautiful man :oops: That is the truth....

Arciris
05-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Hi to all!
Good morning!!

Ramona, Sara, yes, I've seen our smileys too. Ha ha ha.
Yes! Good weekend but a little the rain..Really it's welcome for mountains and nature but for to go to the beach not.. :roll:

Sara, bella, how are you? :wink:
Muy muy bien tus frases!! Very well!
Only the last "Soy feliz que mi poste ha sido útil para ti" it would be "Estoy feliz que mi post haya sido útil para tí", Is a little difference, very little.. :wink:
The rest of phrase is perfect!! :P It's not comical, I'm sure.
And, yes! Here people say "Mi casa es tu casa" = "My home is your home" in order to hospitality. Well, I say the same to you, all. :wink: And for Dirk, too :lol: :lol:

Anne, Hallo!!
I didn't know about Victoria Day! I hope that you had good special day in Canada!! :P Mhhhh salmon! I like it very much.

Adriana hello!
Ops..about project..yes, you're in reason...The life can be so unfair. To whom it has not happened to him to make the same work or examination and the other person to approve and your to suspend....grrr :? But, girl, I think that of this things we learn too, and it's surprising but is this is the life. :shock:

Lily thanks for your sonnet!! I like it very much! I undersand it for traduction on the right of text, :lol: . Is very nice. About beautiful man...ehem....About who are you thinking?? :lol: Well, I would have to say...With who are we thinking when read it...?too... hahaha. Mhhh, it's very romantic :oops: :oops: Beautiful eyes, beautiful hair, beautiful face, beautiful expressions, beautiful heart...I can't stop!! :lol:

Kisses for all!!

xRamona
05-22-2007, 08:39 AM
The weather out here?
Sucks. :lol:

Rain, Rain, Rain...
Typical Holland. :evil:

sara
05-22-2007, 09:58 AM
My dear Adri..
as I told you yesterday... life is often unfair...
BTW.. if you lived in Los Angeles, you could hire the A-Team to unmask this fact!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Veel Liefs

Hola Esther!!
rain? really? In Italy we can't stand high temperatures anymore: 35 °C.. It's so wet and sultry.. and too early in May!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :(
Estoy feliz que mis oraciones no eran (?) totalmente incorrectas!!
Estoy pensando comenzar a aprender realmente español pero no tengo bastante tiempo libre. :P :P :P

un abrazo

Hi Lily...
I adore that sonnet... My fav work by Shakespeare is Antony and Cleopatra... But I like Macbeth too!
I like this sonnet (35) very much:

No more be grieved at that which thou hast done:
Roses have thorns, and silver fountains mud.
Clouds and eclipses stain both moon and sun,
And loathsome canker lives in sweetest bud.
All men make faults, and even I in this,
Authorizing thy trespass with compare,
Myself corrupting, salving thy amiss,
Excusing thy sins more than thy sins are;
For to thy sensual fault I bring in sense -
Thy adverse party is thy advocate-
And 'gainst myself a lawful plea commence.
Such civil war is in my love and hate,
That I an accessary needs must be
To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me.

I like it so much.. and I find it so meaningful.. :roll:
I'm happy to have had the possibility to study Shak. in his original language... Translated works have a different 'taste'.

A presto!!! :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow Sara you are good!!!

Yes Esther, i'm planning to make a better graduation project than her!!!

Arciris
05-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Hi everybody!

Hello Sara, como estas?
You already know enough good Spanish, I think! Really :P . Very well your phrase!! Somtimes the difficult is the verb forms, but I imagine that how italian and latin languages. "Eran" would be "fueran" but it's not incorrect of all to say "eran" :wink:
Ohh, thanks for your sonnet! Is beutiful too. I had liked to have learned more foreign literature but in high school it was very little became.. :cry:
I believe that it would have to change the educative system, but that is another history :roll:
Really 35 ºC..uggg, very hot..here this days maximum is 23, but i like it because this isn't neither cold nor hot. But, yes, summers coming..and the temperature arrives at 35 or more..i prefer hot than cold, but 35 is suffocating and more near of the sea, Very humidity.

Hi Adriana!! Ops..rain..yes, i imagine that is normal there..well, the summers coming, I hope you have blue sky and better weather.
Yesss, up with your graduation project. i'm sure that yours will be the best :P .

Have a nice day dirky fans!!

sara
05-23-2007, 12:29 PM
gracias Esther!!!
believe me, educative system in Italy is horrible, too!! It should be destroyed and built again with complete different heads in the government..... :x

Anyway... we still have our own minds that can manage receiving and giving knowledge in spite of institutions! :wink:

un abrazo

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Oooo my school is horrible aswell!!!

O ooo AC Milan scores a goal... is dbukfan still alive...??

bibbi
05-23-2007, 02:48 PM

Ja. dbukfan Lebt Noch. Yes. dbukfan is still alive.
Es ist Sehr Warm Heute. Today it is very warm. My poor cats are pooped.

*In honour of over 670 posts, I changed my avatar, this one is my favourite photo of Dirk Benedict as Starbuck. I have the autographed one* :D

Alles Gute,
All the Best,

sara
05-23-2007, 02:53 PM

Ja. dbukfan Lebt Noch. Yes. ddukan is still alive.
Es ist Sehr Warm Heute. Today it is very warm. My poor cats are pooped.

*In honour of over 670 posts, I changed my avatar, this one is my favourite photo of Dirk Benedict as Starbuck. I have the autographed one* :D

Alles Gute,
All the Best,

My dad's watching the match right now!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But we don't like AC Milan even if it's ital. (it's Berlusconi's team :x )

Great avatar, Anne!! I've immediately noticed it!! wondeful!! :D
Good night!!
Buonanotte!!!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Liverpool lost... :(

Arciris
05-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi friends!!

Ohh, sorry for Liverpool, girls... :cry:

Hi Sara!! :P
I undersand you about Milan team..Berlusconi..well..without words... here it happens the same with some teams..and..ehem...with some politics.. :roll: You don't worry, the things some day it change, and perhaps in few time this happen.

About the educative system..Adriana,Sara..ohh man..I see for your words that it happens the same..some thing must also change :shock: .

Anne!! Hallo!
Great avatar! Yes! I like it!

Sorry girls..I have a intens weekend in family..We celebrated the 50 married years of our parents :P in a rural house..Until monday..I will be absent...Do you know?? I will take my guitar and my cap :lol: and I will think with your and Dirk...I will close my eyes and will dream that I'm in Montana like a cowgirl. :P Dream...it's free :lol: .And in the cruise!!

Kisses to all!! :wink:
See you soon!!

dbukfan
05-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Hi friends!!

I undersand you about Milan team..Berlusconi..well..without words... here it happens the same with some teams..and..ehem...with some politics.. :roll: You don't worry, the things some day it change, and perhaps in few time this happen.

Anne!! Hallo!

Sorry girls..I have a intens weekend in family..We celebrated the 50 married years of our parents :P in a rural house..Until monday..I will be absent...Do you know?? I will take my guitar and my cap :lol: and I will think with your and Dirk...I will close my eyes and will dream that I'm in Montana like a cowgirl. :P Dream...it's free :lol: .And in the cruise!!

See you soon!!

Hola Esther

Wow...3 Cheers..Bravo to happiest Couples @ Catalonia for Golden Anniversary :D
Believe me, V all @ DBC love to celebrate with U too.Raise a glass..wey..hey, hip..hip..hooray to Esther's M&D & yr family...that's just so so coool :wink: :wink: .

One liner fr me to U,
'Only in our dreams are, We free....But.....The rest of the times..We need Wages' :lol:

Have a wonderful wkend.

Adios
A Presto

dbukfan...x

ps: I lov Anne's Avatar too...pity me, can't do any like that!! :( :cry:

Lily
05-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Hello db.
Hola Esther
Hi to Anne and Sara and to everyone else.

Esther congrats on your parents 50 years, thats wonderful. hers for another 50 years :wink:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi Esther!!!!

That you may have a wonderfull weekend!!!!

Much love Adriana

xRamona
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Esther..

Gefeliciteerd met je ouders' 50 jarig huwelijk!!
( Congrats with your parents' 50 years marriage!! ) :wink:

Liefs,

bibbi
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Hallo Esther! :D

Viele Liebe Gruesse fuer Deine Eltern's 50 Hochseits Tag!

*much love and greetings for your parents 50th wedding anniversary*

Alles Gute!
All the best!

sara
05-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi friends!!

About the educative system..Adriana,Sara..ohh man..I see for your words that it happens the same..some thing must also change :shock: .

Anne!! Hallo!

See you soon!!

Oh Esther,
Have a nice time!!! It will be very very amusing! :D :D
Best wishes to your parents!
What a great example of couple!... It's nice to see there are still marriages like your parents' one.. in this CONFUSED world!! :roll: :wink:
Send us a photo of you with guitar and cap!! :P :P :lol:
Much love
Besitos

Hi Adri!!
I miss you.. :( but unluckly I ave a very busy period (and you too, as you say..).. hope to meet you soon on msn.. maybe next week!
A kiss to you, your dogs, Josiane, Cucciolo and Charlotte! :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Hihihih thanks Sara, you may give Paddy a big kiss and hug!

I just found out that they broadcast the A-team twice a day in Holland!!!! So if I could and would (in time...) in could see the guy's 2 hours a day hahaha!

They now begin with the last season... they are in prison now waiting to be shot ...
That stupid Franky Santana is also in and their new boss...

sara
05-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Hihihih thanks Sara, you may give Paddy a big kiss and hug!

I just found out that they broadcast the A-team twice a day in Holland!!!! So if I could and would (in time...) in could see the guy's 2 hours a day hahaha!

They now begin with the last season... they are in prison now waiting to be shot ...
That stupid Franky Santana is also in and their new boss...

Ciao Adri!!!
I saw Paddy today.. Now I can trot him without probs for his legs!! Hope is goes on like this!!
He's soooo cute.. and sweet... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twice a day... LUCKY girl!!! enjoy it!!! and try to ignore silly Frankie and useless Stockwell!! :P

A presto stella!!!
Veel liefs! :D [/img]

xRamona
05-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Sara,
your Dutch is getting better and better. :lol:

bibbi
05-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Hallo alle!
Hi everyone!

Wie Gehts? Heute ist Freitag! Hurra! :D

How goes it? Today is Friday! Hurray! :D

...I need a nice relaxing weekend with a good long soak in the tub..... :D

Take care,

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-25-2007, 04:37 PM
We don't have a tob! But I booked a room for a short holiday over 3 weeks in Germany 8)

I'm going to stay there for 3 nights, i'm looking forward to it :D

I need to translate Dutch information into German... for a Friend of mine she has her Birthday in those days and I promised her this information for 3 years know... only some people wouldn't help me :(
Gathering information about a specific line from a horse line (motherline).
I'm going to start with this tomorrow, I have the most information... now I need to translate and put it together and nice on paper...

Oooo Sara i'm so great that Paddy is doing well!!! Josiane her hooves look terrible... there is almost no grass anymore is this piece of land... the foals need to get their stuff for no worms... the owner was full of sh.t tonight. But I could hug Josiane, normally she won't let me hahaha!

bibbi
05-26-2007, 09:39 AM

Heute is Wochenend! Today it's weekend!

Ich habe Viel Arbeit dieses Wochenend. This weekend I have a lot of work to do. :(

Montag hab Ich Urlaub. Monday will be my Holiday. :D

Schoen Wochenend! Have a Lovely Weekend! :D

Alles Gute!
All the Best!

bibbi
05-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Hallo Alle!
Hello everyone!

Es Regnet Heute. Today it's raining.
Which is good since I don't have to mow my lawn. I mowed three of my neighbours lawns yesterday. My arms and back are so sore.
Ich habe Keine Energie Heute. Today I have no energy.
Gonna read Confessions and take a nice long bubble bath. I have a bath pillow and and a stand that fits over my tub, so I can read a book if I want to. :D

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good Everyone!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Oooo Anne du bisst nicht mehr Lieb!! Ooo Anne you are not nice any more!!!

To hear about you bubble bath... :( I want to aswell.... we don't have a bath!
I sure need one...

I have started with translating stuff from Dutch to German, I did 2 episodes now I have stopped because it gave me a headache.

That is really kind of you for doing all that work!!! I need to have more exercise myself... I don't clean any stables anymore since the horses are outside... I have growed 2.5 kilo.... I know i'm 1.83 and nobody will notice it. But it's my own feeling. I think that I will start with fitness, to re shape my belly :oops:

We have bad wetter in Europe, I sure hope Sara and Esther are ok!!! I don't know how the situation is in the UK. In Germany 3 building constructors died after they got strucked by Lightning... And in Greece 11 people got in the stream from a river... 1 is still missing...

Ik mis degenen die er al een poosje niet zijn!
I miss the ones who are not around for a whille!

Love Adriana

sara
05-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Ciao Adri!!!! :D
Translating auf Deutsch.. very hard job!!!!! I unserstand you sooo much, my dear!!!!!!! :roll:
Actually we're having bad bad weather in Italy in these days.. :x Rain, wind, cold.. :(

Good weather only to study!! :? ... And I don't feel like studying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

hoffe dich bald wieder zu hören! :P :D
super-bacio!! 8)

Hallo Anne!! :D
In diesen Tagen möchte ich nur im Bett bleiben... und schlafen schlafen schlafen :lol: :lol: aber auch ein bubble bath würde doch toll!!
kuss kuss :wink:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Aloha Sara,

Yes it is good weather to study, that is only good!
Sometimes that need to happen aswell :wink:

Yes in whole Europe we have bad weather :(
The horses are all muddy and I can't brush them because they will loose their protection for the rain. And they are losing weith :( because their is almost no grass anymore...
I hope they will go to another pasture soon!

On friday I will go to a friend of mine with horses, I have never been to his place and now i'm invited to help them with clipping 20 horses!!!! :shock:
Hopefully just to hold the horses, wich I never have seen, so that is going to be new... I know Josiane and her friends for 15 years :oops:

Today I have cleaned my room... only for 50 % since I have so much stuff!!!! A friend of mine is coming in July from Belgium and she can load a truck full with magazines, newspapers about horses etc etc. It's to valueble to throw it away, but I don't want to keep it.

Well good night, slaap zacht :D

Super bacio 8)

See you soon back on msn :wink:

Arciris
05-29-2007, 05:23 AM
Helloooo!
Hi to all!! I'm here again! :lol: How are you?
"Honey, I'm home" hahahaha :wink: :lol:
In first time , thanks very very much for your congratulations about my parent's golden marriage!! You are beautiful people with a sweet heart. :P
It has been a funny weekend with very emotion, because for my parents was a surprise. They hoped only two people with them, my brother and I, because we want to make a surprise and that the rest of family left all suddenly within a room of the rural house. And thus it was. :lol: Great surprise and emotion for them. :lol:

Adriana, I have photos with horses and asses! I must reduce them and know how to put them here. It's a good place for them because is very green landscape for the abundant rain.

I must read all posts and put me to the day :shock: . I'm a llittle lost for four days without to read the forum..Sorry. I will go read and then I will be able to write more :wink:

Kisses for all and thanks again for your affection.
I hope that your days and weekend were okey!
Happy tuesday!!

sara
05-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Ciao Adri!!!
Good and interestin experience to deal with new horses!! :wink: I saw my way of working with them got better when I moved to a different center a few yars ago: changing animals I started using my head and my heart to dicover new characters.. :roll: Enjoy!!!! :P

Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain....... I can't stand it anymore!!!! :cry:
A presto stella!!

Esther!!! Welcome back my dear!!
Glad you enjoyed these days!!! :D :D .. Lucky people, your parents!!
Sure, we look forward to see your photos!! :wink:
un abrazo

Hallo liebe Anne!!
wie geht's? Alles in Ordnung?
eine Umarmung

bibbi
05-29-2007, 11:37 AM

Es Geht Mir Nicht so Gut Heute. Today it's not going very well for me.
Nothing serious. A friend of mine, who's name is also Anne, just came back from the States.
We had a get together at my friend Lynda's. We also had wine. I had a little too much. :oops: :lol: So, Ich war Besoffen. (which is slang in German for being tipsy) I also have to mow my lawn, today. :( . Ich brauche Eine Gute Mann fuer Das. I need a good man for that. :D
How about it Dirk? :lol: *just kidding*

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good Everyone!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-29-2007, 03:18 PM
And tomorrow DB will stand for your door telling the only German Joke he ever has known :D For Anne :D

It sounded quite funny :P

Esther!!! Welcome back!!! We all missed you, good to hear the weekend was good! And offcourse I want to see the pictures!!!

And yes Sara the weather is still terrible...
About my new experience i'm already nervouss... hahaha! And I need to get early.... to take the 6.50 buss... JAIKS!
But I will sleep good that following night!

Super Bacio :D

sara
05-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Hallo Anne!
Magst du doch Wein? Du solltest den Italienischen probieren!! :lol:
Er schmeckt gaaanz gut!! :wink:
Kuss

Hoi Adri!!
I can imagine you're already nervous! :wink:
Just be yourself: it alwys works with horses, as you know!! :P
baci

sara
06-01-2007, 04:42 AM
Adri!!!! Enjoy these days with your friend and those horses!!! :wink:
Pls let me know how it has gone!!! :P
Wait for your news... have a nice time!! :D

sara
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Esther, Anne, dbuk, Genny, Lily ( Adriana is exempted 'cause she's away at the moment!)... where are you all?? where have you gone??? I feel alone on this topic...!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

pls come back!!!!!!!!!! :P

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
You are not alone my dear friend! I'm still alive :lol: and in one piece :D

It was really cool!!! The people are so nice, warm and friendly. Only I like my own horses more :oops: but he I know the horses were i'm caring for for already 15 years.

O well, I'm welcome there on that other place, I feel that i can learn allot. And it would be a release from pressure from 'my' place.

So how was your day and from the others?

Now I will go to bed and sleep in untill 1 pm hahahaha!

Much love and kisses!

Adriana

Lily
06-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Esther, Anne, dbuk, Genny, Lily ( Adriana is exempted 'cause she's away at the moment!)... where are you all?? where have you gone??? I feel alone on this topic...!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

pls come back!!!!!!!!!! :P
Hello Sara. I am doing the Live update thread on C4 big Bro so i won't be visiting as much at the moment but boy as LUTters we are missing Dirk (we keep name dropping him (sigh). Do you think he'd likee to share with 11 females :shock:

Actually I wanted to ask you, have you heard of Stefan Giacconne, musician?

sara
06-02-2007, 04:21 AM
Adri!!! :D Ma ciao!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience there!!
I was sure it could be useful.. and meeting friendly people is always good! :wink:

Of course you love your horses more.. as they say in Napoli (Neapel), your hrses are "o' piezz' e core" (= a piece of your heart---- dialect!!)

Un abbraccio e.. buon weekend!!

Lily!!!! Hi!!!
Welcome back! :P
About the musician, this is his website:
http://www.stefanogiaccone.com/
If you need any translation, just ask!!! :wink:
kisssesss

bibbi
06-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Ich bin Hier! :D
Gotta mow the lawn again. :( That lawn seems to grow right after I cut it!
Ich brauche Hilfe. I need help.
Ich brauche eine Gute Mann fuer Das. I need a good man for that.
Dirk you up for that? *just kdding* :wink: :lol:
Habe eine Schoene Wochenend! :D
Have a lovely weekend! :D

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good everyone!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Hallo Anne und Sara,

Ich habe euch lang nicht gesprochen... Sara nicht über msn :( und du Anne du wärtst schon lang nicht hier gewesen.

I haven't spoken to you both for a while, Sara not on msn :( and you Anne, you haven't been around for a while!

Ik hoop dat alles goed gaat met iedereen. I hope everything goes well with everybody!

Prettig weekend! Have a nice weekend!

Liebe Grüsse, veel liefs, much love, Bacio

Adriana

sara
06-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Adri, Anne!!
Wunderbar euch wiederzuhören!! - Wonderful to hear you again!! :wink:

The lawn.. hard work with it!!! I can lend you my horse to 'cut' it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P He'd like it very much!! :wink:

Adri.. hope to meet you soon agan on msn.. I've tried to connect sometimes but you weren't online.. so I supposed you were working on your Diplom Arbeit!! :D

bis bald!!

bibbi
06-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Es Regnet Heute. Today it is raining.
Which is good since it was hot for the past couple of days. Ganz Heiss! :(
Now it's nice and cool. :)

Machs Gut!
Make Good!

Lily
06-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Lily!!!! Hi!!!
kisssesss[/quote]

Thank you, I asked because i met him on 28th may ( mon), and the following night did a small gig and also provided music to a Jeff Rees who did poetry reading of w.h. auden and chaucer, i hadn't been to many gigs like that and I enjoyed the intermacy of it all. xxx
thanks for the link :D

sara
06-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Lily!!!! Hi!!!
kisssesss
Thank you, I asked because i met him on 28th may ( mon), and the following night did a small gig and also provided music to a Jeff Rees who did poetry reading of w.h. auden and chaucer, i hadn't been to many gigs like that and I enjoyed the intermacy of it all. xxx
thanks for the link :D

An amazing event actually!!!
I must tell you he isn't popular in italy but.. you know.. the more original you are, the less popularity you find.. :( ..

bibbi
06-04-2007, 12:28 PM

Heute hab Ich kein Gehirn im Kopf. Viel, Viel Arbeit.
Today I don't have a brain in my head. Much, much work.(literal translation) :(
Well....I do have enough energy to go on the sites, of my favourite actor Dirk Benedict. :D
Das ist Sehr Gut. That's very good. :D

Machs Gut Alle
Make good everyone!

bibbi
06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Hallo Alle!
Hii everyone!

Heute es ist Kalt. Today it's cold.
It's only 8c and it's June! :(
Ich bin Muede. I'm tired.
This weird weather is really affecting me. One day it's really hot and then the next it's cold and raining. At least I don't have to mow my lawn.
Gotta go buy groceries. Ich muss Essen. I gotta eat and get food for my cats.

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good Everyone!

Arciris
06-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Hi to all!!
Sorry, sorry, sorry for my absence. I was without internet connection for 4 days. We are with works of restoration in the building and they damaged the cable :evil: :evil: Now, it works but it has connection cuts. Grrr..I'm gotten upset..Well, I hope that they solve already this.
I've read all posts. :wink: I've not forgotten this forum nor to none of you :) , nor to Dirk, evidently.
Sara, Anne, Adriana, Dbuk, Genny, Lily...and sorry if I forget to somebody.. :roll:
Adriana, good luck with horses!! I've read about this. I promised the photos and I even have to reduce them. :shock:
Sara, how are you, bella!! I hope that weather is better.
Hallo Anne! Wie sie sind? Ohhh, the weather is fool about that I read today..I hope that it is better too. Yes, june is a hot month, in teory..for this latitude, but sometimes it becomes rare. Here is 24C now but the last week it was 18-19C and this is not normal for june.
Kisses to all and I'm happy if my conecction resists. :) .

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-06-2007, 04:24 AM
We have the same here... very strange weather...

Next week I will go for 4 days to Germany! I can't wait!!!!
Sorry that i'm not that often online any more :(
But i'm working on my graduation project and working on research for writing an article!

dbukfan
06-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Howdy All

Me too...so sorry to ALL my buddies here for not bein' on this thread for so long....hope all're fine, happy and ready for upcomin' Summer holiday too :lol: :lol:

Nice to see U back, Esther...and not so nice to see our Dutch buddy, Adriana...driftin' away...just kiddin'... :lol: :lol: :wink: ..good for U, girl...education..education...education!!

I've learnt few words fr this topic....as time permitted...U know...thnks so much for givin' another great chance to learn new languages!!....hope it'll useful for me this Summer trip...haha!!...Esther....as V lov' Catalan people & that romantic Dancin' Foutain so much..it looks like..me & my family'll be headin' off to Spain again..(hope it's no rain!!)...and it'll be not far fr Barcelona!!...3rd trip there...it says something, buddy :lol:

A Presto
Adios

dbukfan...x

sara
06-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Hi frends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
So glad to see you're all back!!! :lol: :wink:

Esther.. I know that problems with internet/pc can be absolutely annoying :x .. It often happens to me too.. expecially when I need it absolutely (for Uni or work).. I can become quite similar to angry B.A. in those moments!
I'm happy to know you're allrght buddy!!! :wink:

Adri!! Really you go to Germany? lucky of you!!! When? Where? Why?... :roll: Maybe I'm a bit too intrusive??? :lol: :shock: I mean.. it deals with horses or with your Diplom Arbeit?

viel Spass meine Liebe!!

dbuk!!! May I advice you Italian beaches for your holidays? :P Toscana is great! and it's god for families, too! :wink:

Un abbraccio e a presto anche a te

Anne!!
hier regnet es auch :cry: It rains here too
bis bald!!

PS I need your support my friends... next week I'll have 2 exams at Uni... I'm frightened!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :(

bibbi
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Hallo Alle!
Hi everyone!

I've got laryngitis. :( Ich kann Nicht Sprechen. I can't talk. Oh well....at least I can still type! :lol:
Don't worry Sara, I'm sure you'll do just fine. :wink: :D

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good Everyone!

sara
06-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Hallo Alle!
Hi everyone!

I've got laryngitis. :( Ich kann Nicht Sprechen. I can't talk. Oh well....at least I can still type! :lol:
Don't worry Sara, I'm sure you'll do just fine. :wink: :D

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good Everyone!

Oh poor Anne!! I'm sorry!!! Bad rain's fault!
Gute Besserung = get well!!!
Umarmung

dbukfan
06-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Hallo Anne

Just quickly to say, 'GUTE Besserung' = Get Well Soon!! :wink:

Take care

dbukfan...x

Arciris
06-07-2007, 03:43 AM
Hi to all!!
Hallo!
Anne, ohh.. :cry: I hope that you recover very soon. You take a hot drinks, lemon is very good for this, and orange juices or mixes of two fruits. Take care :wink: .And an other thing that I'm sure is okey for to recover is to think with Dirk. Yes? :D Kisses, friend!

Ciao Sara!! Good luck with exams and many many spirits!! I'm sure that you will pass it with high note! :wink:
Yes about internet connection..is an habitual thing here.. :roll: Yeah, when we need more pc is when it isn't working...Is the "Murphy's law". I missed to you also, too :) .

Hi Adriana!!
Up with your project. I imagine that this is very work..but he compensates it will be good!!
When you go to Germany? Is for to wish to you good trip! :P What luck!

Hi dbuk! Thanks very much!! I think the same of beautiful people of this forum, English people, Holland people, German people, Canadan people, Italian people... :lol: Is very special to know that there is beutiful people reunited here. Of course. I want to travel to more countries, when work allow this :) and money... :shock:

Wow, if you go here with your family you know, here there is a friend :wink: I hope that it's not rain that days..There is very storms specially in the final of August, but not is usual before this date nor in september. You say me. :P
already it is left less time for holidays!!!

Nice day!!

sara
06-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Esther!!
you're always so kind.. :D
Hope you'll be right about exams.. I'm just a bit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: anxious! :lol: :wink:
Thanks very much!! I think the same of beautiful people of this forum, English people, Holland people, German people, Canadan people, Italian people... Laughing Is very special to know that there is beutiful people reunited here.
I couldn't agree more!! I think exactly the same!

Anne!! what about your throat? just a little bit better? kissss

Arciris
06-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Hi to all!!
How are you today, friends??
Anne, are you better?? I hope that yes! :wink:
I wish for all a really nice weekend and no more rain for us! Here is hot already. Today 26 C :shock: . I like hot and summer very much but I hope that it doesn't raise as much because when it exceeds of 30 is insoportable..Specially if there is not time for go to swimming pool or beach :? .

:arrow: Here there is a prhase that it say:
"Hasta el 40 de mayo no te quites el sayo"
This means "Until May 40 ( it's to say, to the May month it is necessary to add ten days more to him, that it would be until June 10 ) and it means that until 10 of June you don't take off the shelter because it even can refresh. Is there a similar expresion in your countries??

Nice weekend and peace! :wink:
Kisses.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Not really... we say ; In mei leggen alle vogels een ei, in May all the birds will give eggs...

I'm going to Germany next week... for 4 days. Because off the horses;

http://www.holsteinerverband.biz/cms/upload/pdf/pferdetage07.pdf

Here is the programm :P In German :D :lol:
So my buddy from the UK can learn German :wink:
I'm going to write hopefully an article about it... if it's approved in Dutch I will make it in English aswell and sent it to the American Holsteiner Horse Association!

Sara I miss you! I hope the weather is good in Canada, USA, Italy, Germany, Spain and offcourse the UK. Because we are expecting here bad bad thunder storms... And I HATE thunder and lightning...

Much love for all the Bella's here !!!

sara
06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi Esther!! :D
Here it's going to becom quite hot, too.. every year it is terrific during the exam period.. :shock: :x

AboutMay.. no says in Italy :( , but we say:
:arrow: Marzo pazzerello, guarda il sole e apri l'ombrello (literally: Crazy March, you watch the sun and open the umbrella) it means that the weather in March is variable
:arrow: Aprile, dolce dormite (lit: April, sweet sleeping) 'cause it's a month when the season changes and everybody tend to become quite lazy..!

Happy weekend to you too, Esther!!
Hasta!!

Ciao Adri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoe gaat het met jou?
Glad to see you're back! :D :D
I'd missed you, too!!
Sometimes I looked for you on msn but you weren't connected, so I supposed you were in Germany, as you told us!
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it all.. you must tell me all the details!! :wink:
This will be a nervous weekend for me.. waiting for a French exam at Uni on Monday... :cry: :cry: My Paddy will cheer me up! :P
When do you think I can find you on msn?
Goede avond!!.. you see? I've been studying Dutch instead of French for the exam!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-08-2007, 09:57 AM
I go next week 8) :lol:

Not this week, I wish :lol:

A French exam? While you are studying German... that confuses me...

Hahahaha you speak already better Dutch than me Italian! The only thing I remember is Bacio, Cucciolo and Bon Giorno :oops:

Good luck with your exam! I am always and never on msn :oops:

I will keep you updated!

Bacio!

sara
06-08-2007, 10:53 AM
A French exam? While you are studying German... that confuses me...
:lol: :lol: Of course my dear, but I have exams in 3 languages German (the most impostant), English and French.... :roll: :(

Hahahaha you speak already better Dutch than me Italian! The only thing I remember is Bacio, Cucciolo and Bon Giorno
I've cheated!!! I asked a girl from Holland on Dwight's site to teach me some other words.. so I could use them with you!!!! :lol: :lol: :D :P
Don't worry about Italian.. we have time enough to repair!!! :wink:

Good luck with your exam!
Thanx!!! cross your fingers for me!!

I am always and never on msn
I'll look for you whenever I can!!! :wink:

un bacio!!!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Thank you Sara for the pm chat!

We are getting this night weird weather... it's already raining... my dad has got pigeons outside... those fouls didn't came in the house... (the pigeon's live at the addic? )

Now I will go to sleep... I supposed to had have a date... but that idiot never showed up or even didn't text me... I need to practise on my charm!!!!!

sara
06-10-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh Adri... So Sorry!
No, it's not about you. It's him that must practise on his good manners and his good taste..!
Stupid of him! :x Better to know immediately, before starting anything, when a boy is so silly, don't you agree dear? :twisted:
Horses are always the most lovely!!! :roll: :wink:
Have a nice Sunday, my friend.. and be careful if the strom arrives ok?

Ciao!!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I think you are right!!!

O well I will go to Germany tomorrow for 4 days to see some fine horses. I will be back on Thursday.

We had by the way 10 drops of rain... :? but still no thunder!

Untill Thursday!!! A big hug for you all and a Bacio for Sara!

Much love Adriana

bibbi
06-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Hallo Alle!
Hi everyone!

Wie Gehts? How goes it?

Ich kann wieder Sprechen. I can talk again.
Heute hab Ich kein Gehirn im Kopf. Today I don't have a brain in my head.
Mowed three lawns today. My arms are so sore.
I am gonna read that link from Germany. Should be an interesting read.

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good everyone!

Arciris
06-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Hi, hallo to all!!
Adriana, good travel to Germany!! I hope that they be wonderful days for you!! You already told us :wink: .
Anne, I'm happy for knowing that you are better and your voice it's in form already :D and a better head. I have ever many headache and it's bad bad..grrr :twisted: .
Sara, ciaoo! What about your examination? I hope that all very well!! I think with you for to send good vibrations, you know. You explain to us, when you can, how it has gone to you :wink: .
Good monday and nice week for all!
See we this week for here.

xRamona
06-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Heey iedereen! Heey everybody!

Het is een tijdje geleden, maar hier ben ik weer! :
It's been a while, But here I am again!!! :D
ik was heel druk met school, heb nu ook weer een tentamenweek..
I was very busy with school.. This week I've got an (we call it in Dutch like this) a so called "testweek"
8 Tentamens in 5 dagen.. jeemig.. en het weer is zo mooi buiten, ik ging veel liever naar buiten dan leren binnen! zooo saai!!
8 tests.. in 5 days... Oh My Gosh.. and the weather is beautifull outside, so I'd rather go outside than study inside.. sooo boring!!
Nou ik moet nog heel even volhouden, want 2 Juli hebben we VAKANTIEE!!
Well, I have to hang on for a little while, because July 2, We've got VACATION!!En 19 Juli gaan we voor 2 en een halve week naar Italieee!!
And July 19th we'll go for 2and a half weeks to Italyyy!!! Well, that was all I had to tell for the moment..

Liefs!!!

sara
06-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Ciao amici!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I had 30/30 (the best mark you can obtain at Italian Uni!!) in the exam!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry.. just a little enthusiasm! :oops: :wink:

Esther, thanx for remembering me.. I received your good vibrations (do you still have some for my next exam on next Monday???!!!) :wink:

un bacio anche a te Adri!!! (a kiss to you too)

dbuk, you see.. you told me I had to chose "either..pass it with A...or Fail it with F grade".. well.. I chose the first alternative!!! :wink:

bibbi
06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Hallo Alle!
Hello Everyone!

CONGRATS SARA! AUSGESEICHNET! :D (out of this world good)(I think that's how you spell it, but I forget.. :oops: Ich habs Vergessen. Heute habe Ich wieder Kein Gehirn im Kopf.
Today I don't have a brain in my head.
I know it's not Tuesday yet, but it says so on my post here.
Time difference. Where I am it's about 9:21 pm.

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good Everyone!

Arciris
06-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Hi everyone!!
Ciao Sara!
CONGRATULATIONS for your note!! Yes, is the best 30/30!! Of course, I will think for your exam of next week, too, and I send to you more good vibrations!! :wink: ha ha ha.
To study is bored and difficult more times and it's a big effort, so it's compensated how it must be :P .

Ramona, hi again!! I'm happy of read you here again :D . Yes, 8 tests in 5 days is very much. Now you rest if you can and you think with holidays. :wink:

Hallo Anne!
Perfect if you are better! :P I hope that weather to be better too. Here is very hot this days. Like July. :shock:
Yes about time difference, It's much from Europe to Canada. But you have a time with less difference from Montana :wink: if I don't have mistake...

Kisses to all and a nice tuesday!!

sara
06-12-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanx Anne, Thanx Esther!!!! :D :D :D

Yesterday I was "al settimo cielo"(on 7th heaven - vert very happy!)

Esther.. your vibrations are the most powerful in the world!!! :lol: :wink:

Time difference.. yeah.. it's a little problem.. but this is because this board is never empty.. we make turns!!!!! :lol: :wink:

dbukfan
06-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Ciao Sara

Many Congrats...girl!!..Well U've chosen to beat the exam...I know how excited U must feel...been there..done that!!..when I's at Uni. too....the full marks I got in recent yrs...when I'd had my Drivin' written test done in UK few yrs back!!...but failed few times on practical tests :lol: ..but anyway it did make me a v v good driver!! :wink: :lol:

Have a nice day..do keep focusin' on nt exam...Good Luck :D :lol:

Hi to All too.

Hola Esther,
I think Montana's approx 6.-8 hrs behind European time!!..hope this helps :wink: :lol:..it's v beautiful landscape...browsin' thru Google Earth...haha!! :lol: :lol:...& I also blow a big BACI to DB too......hee..hee..hee....Mr. T :mrgreen:

A Presto
Ciao Bello
Alles Gute
Leifs
Kisses

dbukfan...x

sara
06-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Many Congrats...girl!!..Well U've chosen to beat the exam...I know how excited U must feel...been there..done that!!..when I's at Uni. too....the full marks I got in recent yrs...when I'd had my Drivin' written test done in UK few yrs back!!...but failed few times on practical tests ..but anyway it did make me a v v good driver!!

Have a nice day..do keep focusin' on nt exam...Good Luck

I'm already focusing... already anxious for the next!!! :shock: :lol:
The prof. on next Monday will be the one that will judge my project before preparing it for graduation.. I can't give a bad impression!!! :( :roll: :wink:

I'm sure you're an excellent driver!!!!! :D

bibbi
06-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi Everyone! :D

Ich bin Muede Heute. I am so tired today.

I think it was because I was on computer until almost 2 a.m.
Gotta watch that.
Don't have too much to say at the moment.
But, will be back when I am more awake.

Machs Gut Alle!
Make Good Everyone!

xRamona
06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi Anne!!
You should sleep for a few hours, You'll feel brand new again! :D

Well, This was my day;

Today I did 3 tests..
Science, Oh gosh.. It went totally wrong!! I had a black-out, I didn't knew anything!!!
And then I had History.. that went pretty well..
And then I had an Biology test,, I thought I did good, but I had an 6.6 on a scale from 1 to 10.. :( 1 is very bad, and 10 is very good.. and I had a 6.6 ... :(
Stupid Biology!
But whatever,
tomorrow I've got geography and physics..
I suck at physics, so we'll see..
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Liefs,,,

sara
06-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Well Ramona..
I could say really not bad in the whole!!! :D

Good luck for tomorrow!!! :wink:

xRamona
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM
About 4 weeks ( already :shock: )I'll be in your country, sara!!
I can't wait..!!!

Kus

dbukfan
06-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi Ramona, Sara

GOOD LUCK for yr Exams.... :roll: :roll:...better not hand a Blank paper like I used to do, girls...U'll def. get those Green-Eyes..starin' at U on the corridor one day :shock:

dbukfan...x

ps: History, Physics & Chemistry're not my best subjects neither :twisted:

xRamona
06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Oh by the way Sara?
What's the Italian word for Virgo?
My mother wants to know..

Kus

sara
06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Oh Ramona, you must tell me everything about your holidays!! and if you need any tips I'm here!! :D :D
Virgo=Vergine

Thanx dbuk... I'm studying studying studying studying studying.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :lol:

xRamona
06-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I promise I'll tell you everything, sara! ;)
And post photo's ofcourse!!
We'll stay at a very luxurious camping *is that good english? :? * called Bella Italia.
It's near Lake Garda..
Have you any idea what I mean?
:P :lol:

And eh, join the club, I'm studying my tail off too.. :cry:

Here's a picture of one of the 7 swimmingpools on the camping.. :D

http://www.canvasholidays.co.uk/campsiteimages/GA03Na.jpg

Don't you love it. 8)

sara
06-13-2007, 11:26 AM
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Gardalake is Lago di Garda and the city is Peschiera del Garda!!
What a wonderful place.. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very very much!!
When do you leave? I must teach you some specific words in Italian before you go!!! :wink:

xRamona
06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Hahahaha :lol:

I'm leaving.. ehh.. July 19th. and I'm staying until August 4. :D
Oh My Gosh.. We're going by car.. 16 hours driving.. :shock:
But we'll make a stop.. *thank God* .. in Austria. We'll spend the night up there and then we'll drive to "Peschiera". :lol:
Oh Boy, I can't wait!!!

xRamona
06-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Well, I just had my geography test...
It went.. mwoaah.. pretty well I guess.. :roll:
I have to wait now for 2 hours, because then I've got my physics test.
OMG I'll suck at that test!! I really will!!!
So I'm going to study now..
Wish me good luck and cross your fingers for me please!! :|

Knuffel!! *hug*

Arciris
06-14-2007, 04:50 AM
Hi to all!
Hallo!!
Good morning!
Anne, I understand about your fatigue..I've the same more times... :cry: in specially if I have been hours in front of de computer or walking many hours..Well, my heart problems are this.. :x but I'm happy for to live!! :P

Hi Ramona!!
I hope that you have a good puntuation with your exam!! And you don't worry for others about low note because you will pass, sure! :wink:
Beautiful place in Italy! Wow, what swimming pool! I'm sure is very nice if Sara confirm that :D .

I think that Adriana is in Germany now..yes? If you read to us good stay there!

Hi Sara!!
Ups.. :oops: Thanks about good vibrations!! I'm happy for to send it and it have been positive thing :wink: .
Ohh, I read many exams too for you... :x Yes, you study, okey, but you also takes short whiles from rest, that surely that you deserve them, too. Really?? I hope that all ok!! :wink:

Dbuk! Hi!! Yes about time difference. I have this:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
It's okey for to know the time at this precise moment. :)

Have a nice day for all!

Lily
06-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Ello still around eveyrone, LUTting like mad on BB there, but trying to learn abit of greek due to one of the contestants being Greek ( he he not getting Far)

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Salvé Bella's!

I hope everything is fine here? I had a good time in Germany... only yesterday when I needed to wright about the most important event too much rain came down... that was not good.

But especially for Sara... I have met Italian people and they want to meet Sara 8) it's a lovely lady with Holsteiners!!! She does not understand any German only numbers (the notes for the horses haha). And when I told her that you loved horses you are more than welcome at her place. I'm invited too but that is a bit too far hahaha!

I will send you an e-mail!

Hello Esther!!! How are you? Have you found the pictures from the horses yet? How is the weather in Spain? I have arrived at home and it's raining the whole day..... but we still haven't had thunder!! Jippie!

And how is my dear dbukfan? The young Dutch football players have won from Portugal and are going to the Olympic's!!!

Now I need to walk the dogs...

Bacio and a hug!

Adriana

xRamona
06-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi people!!!

Today I had an physics test..
It went reaaaaally bad!! Oh My Gosh, I said earlier that I sucked at physics, well, I really meant it!!!! I didn't knew anything!!!! I just gambled everything.. :shock:

Tomorrow I've got an Math test, and I suck at math too, so that won't go pretty good either I guess.. :cry:
Ah well, it's my final test, and then I've got WEEKEND!! :D

Liefs..!!

dbukfan
06-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi All

Bet Adriana...comin' back with full of BEANS fr the Germany trip....and nt one..is Ramona..in Italy....WOW!!..that'll be my nt destination trip in 2008......me!!..this yr, V're goin' to Spain nt mnth..love the culture,people & Food too much..(Barcelona for 3rd time!!..loss count to Spain :wink: :wink:)..then V head to France in August....love the French too....infact I lov' every countries I've been....Florida, USA may be on someday on the horizon..nt few yrs..when my daughter's tall enough for many rides in FL Disney Land!!.... :lol: :lol: :wink:

Hugs to Sara, Esther, Anne and Lily...& the lots too :wink: :D :lol: .

Have a nice wkend, all.

Baci
V.Leifs
A Presto
Alles Gute

dbukfan...x