PDA

View Full Version : Second Book Delayed

dbukfan
04-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi All/Tracey

Just to let Ugus know that , I've been in touch with Square One Publishers about the release date..with all that EXCITEMENT!!...but soon got a v v disappointed reply fr S1P to say,
'The pubication date for,'And Then We Went Fishing' is now actually in JULY!!'..with an apology with it..............U What!!...I can't wait that long, my dear!!! :evil: :x :shock:
...yet another blow for UK fans is, UK-distributor, Deep Books'll have no plan neither to release his 2nd book...possibly 6 mnths...later!!

I must admit I'm getting pretty annoyed of this delay...really...gutted...I'm really look forward to read it in the Summer.......not nt year!!....Good God...don't they know how many fans out there's waiting for it :x :? :( :o

Tracey, pls find out and let us all know more if U could...many thanks for that!!

Take care & Keep Smiling!!

dbukfan...x

Lily
04-19-2007, 06:47 AM
The only positive thing I have to say to that db is at least our partners will actually KNOW what to get us for christmas.!!!! (a bit late as per usual)

Tracy
04-19-2007, 08:22 AM
I have just received confirmation that Square One Publishing will be releasing the book in July.
I will find out exactly what is going on with Deep Books.

bibbi
04-19-2007, 08:54 AM
That's great ATWWF will be released in July. Say, that's when my birthday is! :D
Pefect timing! :D :D

Take care,
Anne :)

Genny
04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
July is OK..if Dirk is busy and wishes to promote, the book a wee bit but can't, before then. If it's just the publishers hanging about, then they are very, naughty. :shock:

dbukfan
04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
July is OK..if Dirk is busy and wishes to promote, the book a wee bit but can't, before then. If it's just the publishers hanging about, then they are very, naughty. :shock:

Hi Genny

How r U?

Nop, it's nothing to do with DB at all, he wrote to me..it'll release within a month..& I beleive him totally!!.....I then contacted the Square One Publisher,who's a real CULPRIT. :evil: :evil: .....after my prompt e to them, they replied me with an long apology mail yesterday to say, oh!..that book'll be in July now!!....also typical saleman, telling me that it'll cost $ 15.95 plus P&P.

Welcome to real commercial world!!

Take care

dbukfan..x

Genny
04-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi ! :D Thought so...it's the publishers !

bibbi
04-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi dbukfan! :D
Hi everyone! :D
DB you should get a free book! :x
Publishers..... :P ...in all fairness some are good.
I think the publishers of Dirks' books will learn a lesson that Dirk Benedict fans are very, very devoted and won't tolerate delays and excuses for the re-release of any of Dirk's books.

Take care,

Genny
04-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm happy to wait :D Just thrilled that I'll be able to get a copy. Was just concerned in case Dirk was being messed about.

bibbi
04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, me too! :D
Dirk should get in touch with those sites that have been selling copies of his books for hundreds of dollars over the actual price and even for used copies. :shock: OUTRAGEOUS!
I was wondering about those e-books. Tracy menitoned that Dirk did not authorize that.
I am wondering if Dirk might be releasing Confessions and ATWWF as an audio book, for his fans who have some vision impairment, or others that might like to listen to the books as opposed to reading them.
Any news on that Tracy?
THANKS! :D

Take care,

Feeonagh
04-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes, me too! :D
Dirk should get in touch with those sites that have been selling copies of his books for hundreds of dollars over the actual price and even for used copies. :shock: OUTRAGEOUS!
I was wondering about those e-books. Tracy menitoned that Dirk did not authorize that.
I am wondering if Dirk might be releasing Confessions and ATWWF as an audio book, for his fans who have some vision impairment, or others that might like to listen to the books as opposed to reading them.
Any news on that Tracy?
THANKS! :D

Take care,

:idea: OH YES PLEASE... an audio version, with Dirk reading...

I do a lot of travel in my job, sometimes 3 hours driving at a time, often I am out of range of the radio, so I often listen to stories.. I would love a Dirk audio book.

Fee :)

Lily
04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Think we all agree, that Mr Benedict could read our shopping lists and we still buy the audio! :P

Feeonagh
04-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Think we all agree, that Mr Benedict could read our shopping lists and we still buy the audio! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fee

moviemogul
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I too was emailed and told next month, damn and blast, I was expecting to get it next month, I dont thing they realise the demand for it at a reasonable price that is, instead of being ripped off, sad really :(

Tracy
04-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I have just received confirmation that the book WILL be available in the UK in July as well.

There you go.

Tracy

dbukfan
04-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I too was emailed and told next month, damn and blast, I was expecting to get it next month, I dont thing they realise the demand for it at a reasonable price that is, instead of being ripped off, sad really :(

Hi All

Just do some of investigations here and come up with quickest way to get the 2nd book, I'm afraid V all got to pre-order fr SQ1P..& prob. the cheapest too..may I suggest Uguys to pre-order via this email address below & they contact U nearer the time..possibly 3-4 wks in June 2007 & yr d/b or c/c details.....pls do not order fr Deep Books in UK, I think they got attitude problem when I get in touch with them.....because they'll not put this in discussion until even nt yr!!..there U go..it's their loss!!

SQ1P email address is, sq1publish@aol.com , costs $ 15.95 + p&p..I think it's v good price.

Hope this helps, infact I found SQ1P in New York, v helpful and v fast response..so just feel positive towards them now, no hard feeling because if V order sooner, they'll deliver it quicker...hope it's base on true story..not me being soft with salesman's talk again :roll:

Good luck everyone....Have a nice wkend :D :D :D

take care

dbukfan...x

Tracy
04-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Hi All

Just do some of investigations here and come up with quickest way to get the 2nd book, I'm afraid V all got to pre-order fr SQ1P..& prob. the cheapest too..may I suggest Uguys to pre-order via this email address below & they contact U nearer the time..possibly 3-4 wks in June 2007 & yr d/b or c/c details.....pls do not order fr Deep Books in UK, I think they got attitude problem when I get in touch with them.....because they'll not put this in discussion until even nt yr!!..there U go..it's their loss!!

SQ1P email address is, sq1publish@aol.com , costs $ 15.95 + p&p..I think it's v good price.

Hope this helps, infact I found SQ1P in New York, v helpful and v fast response..so just feel positive towards them now, no hard feeling because if V order sooner, they'll deliver it quicker...hope it's base on true story..not me being soft with salesman's talk again :roll:

Good luck everyone....Have a nice wkend :D :D :D

take care

dbukfan...x

Well you could order it all the way from the US and pay the extra $$$ or just wait until it comes out in the UK at the *same time*. JULY.
Did you read my post??

Genny
04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Fantastic ! :D :D :D Thanks, Tracy. That will be great...I've been wanting to read the book for a long time but - no chance. I hope that sales go well.

dbukfan
04-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi Tracy

Sorry not to read things thru properly...That'll be v v good news indeed!!...Yippee :D :D

Take care

dbukfan..x

moviemogul
04-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi Tracy,
July would be great, I was reading late this year or next on some of the posts, phew thats a relief, I thought this would be the case, so very glad that it is and that is a very good price thanks again :D :D

bibbi
04-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi Tracy! :D
It's great to see the book back in circulation in July and for a reasonable price too.
I hope that there can be something done for those customers, who bought the book used for hundreds of dollars from book dealers! :shock: That is not right, not at all. :x

I CAN'T WAIT FOR JULY! :D

Take care,

deebeelicious
04-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Anne
I don't think anyone (hardly anyone) actually bought the book at that price. There were a few greedy sellers, with stupid high prices months ago on amazon after CBB finished, and they are still there, although they've dropped the price a bit now, seeing as the re-print has been announced.

Frankly anyone foolhardy enough to pay those prices ... might be interested in this old bridge I'm thinking of selling LOL!

ostarella
04-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Collectibles of any kind are like real estate - you can look at the list price to start your bidding, but what counts is the *selling* price. :wink:

Feeonagh
04-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Hi Tracy! :D
It's great to see the book back in circulation in July and for a reasonable price too.
I hope that there can be something done for those customers, who bought the book used for hundreds of dollars from book dealers! :shock: That is not right, not at all. :x

I CAN'T WAIT FOR JULY! :D

Take care,

Although it isn't right.... surely this is how booksellers of collectables make their money?

Itsa case of supply and demand.

I collect books by the author Reginald Hill. Where as I can pick up a fairly recent paperback for pennies at a car boot sale, one of his earlier books is selling for s.
It is out of print, so those people who have a copy can name their price.

Its similar to those dealers who buy up first editions of new books (take Harry Potter for instance) and keep them for a few years before selling them at a tidy profit. Think how much a first edition Jane Austin sells for!!

My son collects Dr. Who annuals... You'd be surprised how much they go for!!

Bye... Fee

Arciris
04-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the info to all.
July is near already!! :P

dbukfan
04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the info to all.
July is near already!! :P

Hi All

...............I LIKE IT WHEN PLAN COMES TOGETHER :wink: :wink: :wink: ................

...............' And Then We All Waiting'..........Only 70 days to GO!! :roll: :roll: :roll: ........

..............Next Time....it's YR turn, buddy to carry on counting...Let's do the Thread!!!........

take care

dbukfan...x

aliUK
04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Im SOOOOO excited about finally getting my hands on the book without paying HUGE amounts :)

aliUK
04-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Oo, iv'e just realised im a junior dirkette :D

dbukfan
04-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Im SOOOOO excited about finally getting my hands on the book without paying HUGE amounts :)

Hi There

Warm Welcome and me too also new to this DBC website....it's such fun, U think!!

Did U already read the 1st book, Confessions yet?....if not, U's get one...I think it's v good book & good fun to..read..I've learnt a lot fr it :D :D

I really look forward to his 2nd book...can't wait :wink:

Cheerio

dbukfan...x

dbukfan
05-09-2007, 03:58 AM
Hi All

Only 54 days to go :wink: :wink: :wink:

bibbi
05-09-2007, 09:16 AM
JULY IS ON THE WAY! :D :D :D :D
I feel like a kid waiting for X-Mas! :lol:
And July also is when my birthday is. (I hope that doesn't sound childish.. :oops: )
I'm reading Confessions for the third time now, I'll probably do the same with ATWWF! :D

Take care,

p.s I've noticed I'm over 500 posts! :shock: Is there anything after Dirkaholic? :lol:

ostarella
05-09-2007, 09:22 AM
p.s I've noticed I'm over 500 posts! Is there anything after Dirkaholic?

Intervention... 8) 8)

deebeelicious
05-09-2007, 09:53 AM
p.s I've noticed I'm over 500 posts! Is there anything after Dirkaholic?

Intervention... 8) 8)

Is that the same as 'Sectioning' in the UK? - when the men in white coats come and take you away (not being 'sexist' here, it's just its helpful to have some brawny ex-army 'pysch nurses' there to 'assist' the 'patient')!
(only teasing Anne! xx :lol: :wink: :wink:

Genny
05-09-2007, 05:14 PM
They'll need about thirty large buses for the UK alone, then. Plenty of Dirkaholics about ! ( Including me ). :D :D There'll be no room for Anne, unless she's quick ! Best plan..buy a white coat and then get off the 'bus in Montana. :D

bibbi
05-09-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll be the first person on the bus!
I am the first official Dirkaholic here! :oops: :D :lol:
YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for July. :D
*Since I'm a Dirkaholic now, does this mean I get to meet Dirk and get an autographed copy of the book?* :wink: :D :lol:

Take care,

dbukfan
05-10-2007, 03:24 AM
They'll need about thirty large buses for the UK alone, then. Plenty of Dirkaholics about ! ( Including me ). :D :D There'll be no room for Anne, unless she's quick ! Best plan..buy a white coat and then get off the 'bus in Montana. :D

Hi Genny

That's a GOOD one...me to :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a nice day.

dbukfan...x

bibbi
05-10-2007, 08:58 AM
just checked out the Chapters.Indigo website.
The orders for ATWWF are really coming in.
It's nice to see the book back in circulation and at a reasonable price. :D

Take care,

Genny
05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
That's good news, Anne :D :D I'm really looking forward to reading 'And Then We Went Fishing'. I keep 'Confessions..' at my bedside so that I can dip into it, especially when feeling in need of a bit of inspiration.

bibbi
05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Genny wrote:
That's good news, Anne :D :D I'm really looking forward to reading 'And Then We Went Fishing'. I keep 'Confessions..' at my bedside so that I can dip into it, especially when feeling in need of a bit of inspiration.

Hi Genny! :D
I keep Confession on my bedside table too! Great minds think alike! :D :lol:
I'll probably do the same with And The We Went Fishing.
July is soon around the corner! :D

Take care,

Sharma
05-20-2007, 06:41 PM
There were a few greedy sellers, with stupid high prices months ago on amazon after CBB finished, and they are still there, although they've dropped the price a bit now, seeing as the re-print has been announced. !

I just had a look on amazon and found the cheapest opy of "And then we went fishing" was from some guy in Ohio charging 50, plus an extortionate postage charge.

So it looks like July it is, a month late for my birthday,but....

bibbi
05-21-2007, 08:20 AM
I just had a look on amazon and found the cheapest opy of "And then we went fishing" was from some guy in Ohio charging 50, plus an extortionate postage charge.

Hi Sanjay! :D

That guy in Ohio is going to have a rude awakening. That's extortion! :shock:
He'll realize that "And Then We Went Fishing" is being re-released. I think Amazon.uk should be notified. But, I think they're aware of it already.

Take care,

dbukfan
05-21-2007, 02:33 PM
There were a few greedy sellers, with stupid high prices months ago on amazon after CBB finished, and they are still there, although they've dropped the price a bit now, seeing as the re-print has been announced. !

Hi Sharma

Pls contact directly to Deep Books Ltd (UK Distributor fr SQ1P) on 0208 693 0234 or by fax 0208 693 1400 about DB's Second Book, Tracy told me awhile back that DBL'd also have second book for sale in July too..I dont' know about the costs..but in US by Square One Publishers, I think is, (not 100%0 sure) $15.95 + p&p or something like that. Pls looking back at the beginnin' of this topic of SQ1P's email address.

Hope this helps..not long now..juat over a mnth!!...Pls be patient :wink: :wink:

Good Luck :wink: :wink:

dbukfan...x

Sharma
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
[quote]

That guy in Ohio is going to have a rude awakening. That's extortion! :shock:
He'll realize that "And Then We Went Fishing" is being re-released.

And there were some copies priced at 115 also, unreal !

By the way Anne, I had just saw a friend who'd come back from a visit to Toronto - he was vey impressed, by the city, the people and the country. :)

Sharma
05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
[quote=Sharma]
Pls contact directly to Deep Books Ltd (UK Distributor fr SQ1P) on 0208 693 0234 or by fax 0208 693 1400 about DB's Second Book, Tracy told me awhile back that DBL'd also have second book for sale in July too..I dont' know about the costs..but in US by Square One Publishers, I think is, (not 100%0 sure) $15.95 + p&p or something like that. Pls looking back at the beginnin' of this topic of SQ1P's email address.

Hope this helps..not long now..juat over a mnth!!...Pls be patient :wink: :wink:

Good Luck :wink: :wink:

dbukfan...x

Yes, I'll give that go - I can use my contact in writing circles to help also. Cheers dbukfan.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Squar one Publishers are not so fast in emailing back...

bibbi
05-22-2007, 11:39 AM
And there were some copies priced at 115 also, unreal !

By the way Anne, I had just saw a friend who'd come back from a visit to Toronto - he was vey impressed, by the city, the people and the country. :)

I used to live in Toronto. I don't like big cities and never have liked them.
I think once those people realize that ATWWF has been re-released they'll rethink their prices.
I wish Dirk would write to them to complain. I do realize that he's a very busy man.

Take care,

p.s. I use photobucket now. It's much better than imageshack. Email me.

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-25-2007, 06:35 AM
I haven't got an e-mail back from Square one Publishers.... :(
Already a week ago...

dbukfan
05-25-2007, 07:24 AM
I haven't got an e-mail back from Square one Publishers.... :(
Already a week ago...

Hoi Poor Adriana...

Well, U know ole sayin..'Patience is a Virtue'..What can I say, girl, U'll just have to wait a bit longer, won't hurt, will U?.....I know how U feel...As V're headin' for long bank holiday wkend..YES!! again.....I come up with some idea to help U out, Lets' hope it'll cheer up my Dutch buddy a bit..of course, always remember addin' GSOH in it :lol: ..hope it works for U :wink: :lol:

Let's try below, when sendin' SQ1P nt reminder...hee..hee..hee..Mr.T :mrgreen: :lol:

'I'm gonna Knock on yr Door...Sendin' more mails...and Tap on yr Window too......
If U don't answer me right.....when the sun is bright.........
I'm gonna Knock and Mail and Tap until U do........
I'm gonna Knock and Mail and Tap until U do.' :lol: :lol:

Listen carefully, I'll only tell U this once...'Allo...'Allo :lol: :lol:

Best Wishes
Adieu
Liefs
Ik Mis Je Altijd

dbukfan...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Thank you, your post does cheer me up... and not only because that stupid fool from a publisher isn't answering!!

Maybe I need to send that text again??? And I don't have much patience... that is written in the stars since my birthday is on 10 april...

dbukfan
05-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Thank you, your post does cheer me up... and not only because that stupid fool from a publisher isn't answering!!

Maybe I need to send that text again??? And I don't have much patience... that is written in the stars since my birthday is on 10 april...

Hoi Adriana

Just calm down...a little bit, buddy..I'll be in touch with SQ1P nt mnth, may be placin' order or gain some more news..hopefully they'll reply me quicker than U..finger cross..I'll mention about my Dutch buddy too...alright ...can't do nt wk..I'm gettin' swamped by the auditors & so many meetin' with good ole miserable faces :lol: :lol: for whole wk..darn :x :roll: . Cest' le Vie :?: :roll:...when it's over,I'll light the bonfire :lol: :D

Got to keep it COOL, girl....just only 5-7 wks or so , sure it'll be worthwhile at the end :wink: :lol:

Adieu

dbukfan...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Thank you so much my dear dkukfan!!! I do appriciate that very much!

dbukfan
06-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Thank you so much my dear dkukfan!!! I do appriciate that very much!

Hoi Adriana

I did send e-gentle reminder to SQ1P...so finger cross..let's hope I get some response??
(of course, mention of U too :wink: :lol: )...to be continued!! :roll: :wink:

Adieu..Have a Nice Day :lol:
Veel Liefs....(gettin' there with the Ducth too!!)

bibbi
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM

Sometimes you gotta push them publishers. :wink: But, believe me it's well worth it. I can hardly wait. July is just around the corner. I am really looking forward to finally being able to read And Then We Went Fishing. :D

Take care,

dbukfan
06-05-2007, 03:57 AM
Hi All and Adriana

I just rec'd a lovely/friendly confirmation reply fr SQ1P today...to say that DB's 2nd 'Fishin' Book..will YES!!...def. on SALEs in JULY!!..yippee!!

Apart fr that...guys, May I suggest Uguys abroad to order directly fr SQ1P (I'm certainly NOT their salesman!! :wink: ) not fr Amazon or althernatively, for UK Fans...pls also order it directly fr Deep Books Ltd (Tel:0208 693 0234)..Only DB-UK'll have the book ready until the END of July..(I've just spoken to DB-UK too!!)...U can place order with DB-UK now but they can't give the costs just yet!!...I think I'll place with SQ1P as I want to bring it with me on holiday in July...hopefully I'll rec'd it before mid Jul'07 :wink: :lol:..that'll def. be perfect :lol: .

The reason I put this message is, Amazon, also e me that they've no plan to release it sooner...may be until Sept'07!!..I can't wait that long, my dear :shock:

Hope this helps.

dbukfan...x

deebeelicious
06-05-2007, 04:17 AM
Dear UK fans
ATWWF can be pre-ordered from amazon uk now at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Then-Went-Fishing-Fatherhood-Forgiveness/dp/0757003028/ref=pd_bowtega_2/026-9040544-1750843?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179685344&sr=1-2

however when I contacted them they reckoned it wouldn't be available until Sep! and also I know some people who are still waiting for copies of CKC which they ordered in Jan from amazon! :shock: Like DBukfan I recommend you go via Deep Books (I am) ! :lol:

dbukfan
06-06-2007, 03:24 AM
however when I contacted them they reckoned it wouldn't be available until Sep! and also I know some people who are still waiting for copies of CKC which they ordered in Jan from amazon! :shock: Like DBukfan I recommend you go via Deep Books (I am) ! :lol:

Hi DeeBee

Pls also tell those people who've placed CKC with Amazon to canx their order and may purchase directly fr Deep Books Ltd....DBL also sells to individuals!!....I bought CKC book fr Amazon in Jan'07..& rec'd it in Apri'07....and at the back of the book got DBL's sticker in it......& I happen to know later that Amazon got all CKC books fr DBL anyway!!

Hope this helps.

dbukfan...x

deebeelicious
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi DeeBee

Pls also tell those people who've placed CKC with Amazon to canx their order and may purchase directly fr Deep Books Ltd....DBL also sells to individuals!!....I bought CKC book fr Amazon in Jan'07..& rec'd it in Apri'07....and at the back of the book got DBL's sticker in it......& I happen to know later that Amazon got all CKC books fr DBL anyway!!

Hope this helps.

dbukfan...x

Thx, will pass it on! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NicoleDutch
06-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh no, is the book delayed? damn I wanted to take it with on vacation!

dbukfan
06-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh no, is the book delayed? damn I wanted to take it with on vacation!
Hoi Nicole

Me too want this book in my back-pack on vacation nt.mth!!...U can but DB's 2nd Book fr Square One Publishers..pls look up for their contact email fr previous post in this topic....I'll also be placing it with SQ1P within the nt few days...as I do hope to rec'd it before Mid.July'07..but not 100% certain..it costs US$ 15.95 + p&p as far as I's told in May...I could buy it fr Deep Books Ltd in UK too...but they won't deliver until the end of nt mnth...& can't give me the cost either...I think it's far too late for me!!

Hope this helps...Good Luck!!

Adieu

dbukfan...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-20-2007, 02:47 AM
They don't email back...

xRamona
06-20-2007, 02:51 AM
I wanted to read ATWWF in my vacation too,
but then I'll buy COAKC.. I'm very curious about that book too..! :)

dbukfan
06-20-2007, 04:09 AM
I wanted to read ATWWF in my vacation too,
but then I'll buy COAKC.. I'm very curious about that book too..! :)

Hoi Ramona

Here it's SQ1P email address sq1publish@aol.com , U may place order both 2 books now...with yr Dad(U'd better ask his permission 1st, girl :lol: )'s Cr/Dr card details....then tell them to post together at the same time (I think in few wks time, SQ1P'll start to despatch pre-orders...but not 100% certain :wink:) for savin' p&p costs...ATWWF = US$15.95..don't know how much CoKC??(I bought it in UK!!).
Hope this helps....Good Luck

Kus

dbukfan...x

xRamona
06-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Well, I don't need and I can't afford two books!
I'm almost broke! :lol:
There's a dutch site, www.bol.com , it has COKC for 15 Euro's.. So I Think I'll buy that, and then I'll save some money for ATWWF.. :P
And my english-reading isn't really good, so I'll have enough with one of Dirk his books for the whole vacation.. :lol:

deebeelicious
06-20-2007, 04:45 AM
There's a dutch site, www.bol.com , it has COKC for 15 Euro's.. So I Think I'll buy that, and then I'll save some money for ATWWF.. :P
And my english-reading isn't really good, so I'll have enough with one of Dirk his books for the whole vacation.. :lol:

There's a German edition if you can read German better than English?

xRamona
06-20-2007, 05:39 AM

There's a German edition if you can read German better than English?

German is worse than my english. :lol:

xRamona
06-20-2007, 12:05 PM
I just bought Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy,,
It will be delivered in 5-7 days. :D
I'll read it in the car to Italy, We'll have to drive 16 hours so I'll have time enough.. :lol:

NicoleDutch
06-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I bought Dirk's 2nd book also at bol.com. Cheap, fast and good service!

I sure hope I can get the first book before my vacation... :P

xRamona
06-20-2007, 12:14 PM
ATWWF at bol.com?
Since when is that?
I couldn't find it out there!!! :shock:

NicoleDutch
06-20-2007, 12:36 PM
ATWWF at bol.com?
Since when is that?
I couldn't find it out there!!! :shock:

Sorry to confuse you but I mean the Kamikaze cowboy...sorry. They did had ATWWF a while ago...

xRamona
06-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Ohh,, :lol:
Ah well, do you know another site wich sells ATWWF?

NicoleDutch
06-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Ohh,, :lol:
Ah well, do you know another site wich sells ATWWF?

You can try it at proxis.nl or proxis.be.
I did check out donner but the books are freaking expensive there.

John Pickard
06-24-2007, 10:08 AM
I just talked to my favorite bookstore and put in a pre-order for ATWWF. I was told it was going to be released here in September.

Maybe you guys in England and Europe are going to get it sooner....

:(

;)

I am
Dawg
8)

dbukfan
06-24-2007, 12:57 PM
I just talked to my favorite bookstore and put in a pre-order for ATWWF. I was told it was going to be released here in September.

I am
Dawg
8)

Howdy Dawg

Hey, What's goin' on?...I thought SQ1P told me few wks ago that 2nd book'll def. release in July!!! :shock: ...how come Uguys'll get the book in Sept'07 :( ...Why does it take U that long? :?: :shock:..I'd better chech this out with Deep Books in UK again.. I hope these distributors didn't let us runnin' around like headless chicken....if I found out, I'd be def. annoyed & no more Mr Nice Guys fr me :x .....gggrrrhhh..I can see there may trouble ahead :wink:..Life is a RollerCoaster :wink:

dbukfan

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Here is a live weather forcast from your Dutch correspondent aired in Amsterdam 23.05 pm Sunday 24 of june 2007

O boy, I can see allot of Thunder storms above Herts England. The energy level is extremely high there!!!
People running over the streets to stay dry, Harry Potter appears to tell the people to stay calm. People may not leave their houses. Because I can see at my screen that there will also be a tornado. Were does this come from? And why only in this little village??? Will Harry Potter save this village with his friends? Will they reveil what's going on? Is it professor Snape with his evil games or is it professor Dumbledore playing card's with his friends :lol:

Well my dear friends, we don't know what was going untill september, then we will find out what it was.

Untill than watch out for falling brooms, they could knock you over and beware for certain books written by mr. Dirk Benedict. They could chance your live!

I'm so sorry dbukfan, but my fiction is starting to come alive when I see you writing :lol: :oops:

I hope you don't mind 8)

deebeelicious
06-24-2007, 05:35 PM

:(

;)

I am
Dawg
8)

Try ordering it from Square One direct - they seem kinda friendly - they even sent me their latest catelog with both books in it! I'ts late, so I won't find the ISBNs tonite, but try to post in a few days, but I'm sure you wouldn't need them anyway!

Deep Books is the official UK supplier, being sent the books from Sq1. All the rest like Amazon etc, get their books from these or other distributors, hence the delay and quotes of 'September' :roll: - go to the source! 8)

dbukfan
06-25-2007, 04:21 AM

I am
Dawg
8)

Try ordering it from Square One direct - they seem kinda friendly - they even sent me their latest catelog with both books in it! I'ts late, so I won't find the ISBNs tonite, but try to post in a few days, but I'm sure you wouldn't need them anyway!

Deep Books is the official UK supplier, being sent the books from Sq1. All the rest like Amazon etc, get their books from these or other distributors, hence the delay and quotes of 'September' :roll: - go to the source! 8)

Hi deebeelicious

Mee too just place 2nd book with SQ1P last Friday....finger cross...in nt few wks to get the book...exc. rate 1=us$2 today...even better!! :lol: :lol:

Bravo...Yippee :wink: :lol:

dbukfan...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi Su,

Don't you like my funny story 8)

bibbi
06-25-2007, 11:14 AM

I just checked Chapters.Indigo online. I don't see a delay for September for ATWWF. I don't mind the delay. It's well worth the wait for the book. I really would like to get for my birthday. You know what they say good things come to those who wait. :D

Take care,

dbukfan
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Here is a live weather forcast from your Dutch correspondent aired in Amsterdam 23.05 pm Sunday 24 of june 2007

O boy, I can see allot of Thunder storms above Herts England. The energy level is extremely high there!!!
People running over the streets to stay dry, Harry Potter appears to tell the people to stay calm. People may not leave their houses. Because I can see at my screen that there will also be a tornado. Were does this come from? And why only in this little village??? Will Harry Potter save this village with his friends? Will they reveil what's going on? Is it professor Snape with his evil games or is it professor Dumbledore playing card's with his friends :lol:

Well my dear friends, we don't know what was going untill september, then we will find out what it was.

Untill than watch out for falling brooms, they could knock you over and beware for certain books written by mr. Dirk Benedict. They could chance your live!

I'm so sorry dbukfan, but my fiction is starting to come alive when I see you writing :lol: :oops:

I hope you don't mind 8)

Hoi Adriana

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...that's what so so HILARIOUS!!...I laugh so much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so much!!..soz, Adri..how can I miss this today!!...I'd better get my eyes test v soon!!!!..pls be my friend again :wink:..I honestly think U def got witty talent expec. in writing...U'd change yr career to be a script writer..or writing kinda short stories, girl :wink: ....really good fun too read indeed...BTW,I'm a Mother...Not a Writer....!!..I don't think I can compete with the genius Rooster, Adriana..truly mean it :wink: :D..but I'm good at writin' silly thing like this!!

Many Congrats for the Dutch Champion's

Salute
Leifs
Kus

me...x

NicoleDutch
06-26-2007, 04:11 AM
I just recieved an email from squareone and they did also tell me the book will get out in July. The person mentioned that everyone is getting really excited about the book, lol. Good for Dirk. I will order the book and hopefully recieve it soon!!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-26-2007, 04:23 AM
I know you are a mommy Su. But the way you write here on the board that is fun and makes me laugh!!! And off course you are my buddy!

I just wanted to make you laugh :lol:

Veel liefs

Adriana

NicoleDutch
06-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Just recieved this email from squareone:

Hi Nicole -

I just spoke with my publisher and he actually informed us of a better way that you can obtain the book. We have a distributor in England called Deep Books and they will have 'And Then We Went Fishing' available as soon as it is, as well. Our advice to you is to provide Deep Books with the same information that you've provided us with - your name, order, shipping and billing address, credit card information, etc. The contact informatin is as follows:

Deep Books (Unit 3)
tel: 44(0)20 8693 0234
e-mail: sales@deep-books.co.uk

They are located at Goose Green Trading Estate, 47 East Dulwich Road, London, SE22 GBN

This is definitely the best option for you to purchase and receive the book more efficiently. My apologies for the confusion - and thank you so much for your interest in Dirk Benedict! I will be sure to safely discard of the personal information that you've provided. Please let me know if you have any questions.

:D I guess I just have to wait...damn. I emailed them back and mentioned Deep Books won't have the book ready until the end of July. We'll see what happens next...

NicoleDutch
06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
The response from squareone:

Basically there are two options - please let me know which one your prefer and we can take care of the issue. The book is currently not off press yet. We do not expect the book to be in our warehouse in the U.S. until July 10. Our warehouse manager says that after inventory tallies are done, the book will not be able to be shipped out until July 15 latest. For 2-3 day priority shipping overseas, the cost is roughly $15, which would bring the total of your order to around $30.95.

You can certainly choose this option - however, with this information in mind, if you prefer to order through Deep Books, please let me know.

So far...
Hope this helps you guys out too :wink:
Good luck on getting the book. I think I'll wait and pray for the Dutch webstores that they have it available just as soon as it gets out (don't think so, lol). Be patient!

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
OOO super Nicole!!!

Su there is still hope for me :lol:

dbukfan
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
OOO super Nicole!!!

Su there is still hope for me :lol:

Hoi Adriana & Nicole

I got exactly same reply fr SQ1P like Nicole :wink: ..so looks like the yanks try v hard to push the European off by D/b their shipping costs...I work it out it'll cost me approx. nearly the same as I'll pay Deep Books UK anyway...so i decide to place with US bas instead as today, i contact Deep Book Ltd (DBL) again...and YET, again..the answer's just so ploop..ploop...ploop..like they've been sinkin' in the river Thames for few days :shock:...not a def. answer...well, i know where I'll ve headin' now...def. 3 wks in July..I'll get DB's 2nd book....ummmhhh..only few more wks, ...NOT long!! :lol: :wink:
Yes, Adri..always a HOPE if V try our BEST!!

Adieu
V Leifs

Su...x

bibbi
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM

Been checking with Chapters.Indigo online. Looks like ATWWF will be available in July. Just received an email from the site confirming this information. GOOD NEWS! :D

Take care,

NicoleDutch
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM
The email I recieved from Deep Books UK:

Dear Nicole,

My name is Mandy from Deep Books Ltd thank you for your e-mail. The date has
been delayed until mid to the end of August. I am sorry about that, I can
take a backorder and call you when we get it in to stock. If you would like
me to do that I will need your address.
Thank you
Best Wishes

Mandy

dbukfan
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
The email I recieved from Deep Books UK:

Dear Nicole,

My name is Mandy from Deep Books Ltd thank you for your e-mail. The date has
been delayed until mid to the end of August. I am sorry about that, I can
take a backorder and call you when we get it in to stock. If you would like
me to do that I will need your address.
Thank you
Best Wishes

Mandy

Hoi Nicole

Many thnks for yr info..at least u got better reply than mine...DBL-UK doesn't matter to me any more as I've already decided to place order directly fr SQ1P..cost apprx. $30.95..= about GBP15.00 = over Euro 20.00...I think it's well worth it :wink: ...and def. to receive it nt mnth!!

Adieu
Kus

dbukfan...x

xRamona
06-29-2007, 07:07 AM
I just received "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy"..
204 pages.. wow :shock:
Ah well, I've got something to read while we're on our way to Italy.. :lol:

dbukfan
06-29-2007, 07:23 AM
I just received "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy"..
204 pages.. wow :shock:
Ah well, I've got something to read while we're on our way to Italy.. :lol:
Hi Ramona

Me too prob. have to carry DB's 1st book (re-read for 3rd time)...on my vacation..unless Miracle :wink: :shock: happens...if I've rec'd 2nd book before then..that'd be nice...no matter what..the show must go on :lol: :wink:
U'd bring dictionary with U...as lots of complex words that book!!..be warned :wink:..I can ensure U'll learn LOTS in life.

Enjoy it :lol:
Happy Wkend...Kus...x

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
06-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Is it the English version Ramona? If yes, were did you got it?

xRamona
06-29-2007, 07:30 AM
If I have to read a book, and look up the difficult words from that book in a dictionary.. then it's even harder to understand it. :lol:

dbukfan
08-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Hi All
Just wonder if anyone may already have DB's 2nd book in yr hand like me...(pls accept my apology for those-who're still waitin' for it!!)...and read it all!! :wink: .
Pls share yr thoughts/comments with me...Tell me what U think of ATWWF :wink: :D .
Thnk U All v Much.

Arciris
08-01-2007, 05:15 AM
HI!!
It happens to me the same that Ramona say. It's difficult for me many words but with my dictionary and pacience I'm readind Confessions for second time.
About the second book, yes Su, I want to know like it is. I hope in few time, to have it in my hands. :wink:
Have a nice day!

dbukfan
08-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Esther
My own opinion, ATWWF's much less complicated words that CKC...as it doesn't content as much story as his 1st book.....U guys'll def. find it much easier & quicker to read!!...but it's still v good book to read....just different kinda within materials and much more emotions :cry: involved...I'm gettin' to know DB even better after readin' his 2nd book and seriously, I wish he'd continue to write more books in the near future...he's def. such a Great writer...could be anything ie fiction or short stories etc...because I found he's got such talent and such unique with his own humour style I ever came across!! :wink:
That's my opinion anyway.
Happy reading, everybody :wink: :D .

UKJules
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi DBukfan :D :D :D

I haven't got ATWWF yet :!: :cry: I e-mailed SQ1 and didn't receive a reply. I'm awaiting an e-mail from Deep Books when it becomes available in this country.....I think they said mid-August :?: :?: I look forward to the day when I actually get a copy in my hand.......very soon I hope :!:

Take Care
Jules

bibbi
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM

I haven't gotten ATTWF either. It's well worth the wait though. I ordered a copy at Smith Books where I live and it's coming in a couple of weeks. Can hardly wait! :D
In the meantime...I'll probably read Confessions again... :wink: :D

Take care,

dbukfan
08-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I haven't got ATWWF yet :!: :cry: I e-mailed SQ1 and didn't receive a reply. I'm awaiting an e-mail from Deep Books when it becomes available in this country.....I think they said mid-August :?: :?: I look forward to the day when I actually get a copy in my hand.......very soon I hope :!:
Take Care
Jules
Hi Jules
Soz to hear that SQ1P don't response to U..perhaps staff shortage in vacations..maybe!!
I'm just so lucky to rec'd much sooner than I anticipate :wink: ...just wonder when U rec'd it in few wks time or sooner, pls let me know what the front cover looks like...as mine isn't the same what Tracy sendin' a while ago...only plain white back-ground NOT lots of Green leaves behind teenage Dirk :shock: piccie with his beloved Dad..&...few danglin' fishin hooks on the top R/H corner :wink: ...just wonder :?: SQ1P sendin' me in the rush without completion front cover :shock: ..that's all....
Best wishes for those who's patiently waiting...it's all worthwhile!! :wink: :D .
:arrow: EDIT :!:
Hi Jules and All
Just second glance again last nite and thought what that may happen is, SQ1P's carefully decided to re-arranged the front cover...by decreasin' the size of DB with Dad image with green leaves background into a kinda nice edge golden trim picture frame..then insert it in the center with white blackbround....I think it does look much better and importantly More meaningful than the original cover..that's my opinion anyway. :wink: :D
Once again, V best Wishes for those who's been waiting..hope not long to all. :D :wink:

Take care...x

UKJules
08-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi DBukfan,

No problem, I'll let you know as soon as I get it.....I can't wait :!: :!: :!:
Wouldn't it be nice if Dirk did both of his books as an audiobook :?: :?: I would love to listen to his voice. He has one of those voices you could listen to for hours :!: :wink:

Wouldn't it be great :?: :?:
Jules

dbukfan
08-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi DBukfan,
I would love to listen to his voice. He has one of those voices you could listen to for hours :!: :wink:
Wouldn't it be great :?: :?:
Jules
Hiya Jules
That's what I do right now..Mrs Mop :evil: :shock: with all those breeze into our wide-opened door/windows around the house to cool me down...with YouTube....JJ&Coach interviewed hunky :oops: DB..in 4-5 parts...that'd keep me companied nicely!!..Let's try it...abs. Fav :lol: :wink: ...Happy Shore/Ironin' :roll: girl!!
Bye...x

UKJules
08-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi DBukfan,

A nice breeze will cool you down :!: It's been really hot today......That radio interview is just what you need.....listening to Dirk chatting away - a nice glass of wine :!:

I have finished my ironing :!: :o It took me about four hours :!: :shock: :shock: Most of it was my daughters...... they have more clothes than me :!: Never mind at least it's FINISHED :!: :!:

Take Care
Jules

dbukfan
08-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi DBukfan,
A nice breeze will cool you down :!: It's been really hot today......That radio interview is just what you need.....listening to Dirk chatting away - a nice glass of wine :!:
I have finished my ironing :!: :o It took me about four hours :!: :shock: :shock: Most of it was my daughters...... they have more clothes than me :!: Never mind at least it's FINISHED :!: :!:
Take Care
Jules
Howdy Jules
:shock: :shock: 4 hrs of Ironin' in this HEAT 8) :roll: :x .....no way..jose :D ..Well Done!!
BTW...I'm a tee-total :wink: ..(hold one hand on the bible :wink: )...just been soaked in semi-cold bubble bath with scented lit candles!!.. :wink: 8) ...so refresh after all that jazz :shock: ..could do with hirin' the A-Team to give me a hand nt time :lol: 8) :wink: ...must be so relax..kept yawnin' me!!....'rock-a-bye..baby..on the tree trunk...when the wind blows..the cradle will rock'...snzzzz..nite..nite... 8)
..the sun has gone to bed then so must I... :D 8) :wink: :) ..sleep well...sleep tight... :lol:

bibbi
08-04-2007, 04:53 PM
HI everyone! :D

Having problems getting ATTWF. Tried ordering it through Chapters.Indigo.ca. It's still sold out. :(
I'll have to do some research to find out where I can get it.
Hopefully, It's not going to be too much longer. Anyway...it's well worth the wait! :D

Take care,

dbukfan
08-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Take Care
Jules
Hi Jules
Soz to hear that SQ1P don't response to U..perhaps staff shortage in vacations..maybe!!
I'm just so lucky to rec'd much sooner than I anticipate :wink: ...just wonder when U rec'd it in few wks time or sooner, pls let me know what the front cover looks like...as mine isn't the same what Tracy sendin' a while ago...only plain white back-ground NOT lots of Green leaves behind teenage Dirk :shock: piccie with his beloved Dad..&...few danglin' fishin hooks on the top R/H corner :wink: ...just wonder :?: SQ1P sendin' me in the rush without completion front cover :shock: ..that's all....
Best wishes for those who's patiently waiting...it's all worthwhile!! :wink: :D .
:arrow: EDIT :!:
Hi Jules and All
Just second glance again last nite and thought what that may happen is, SQ1P's carefully decided to re-arranged the front cover...by decreasin' the size of DB with Dad image with green leaves background into a kinda nice edge golden trim picture frame..then insert it in the center with white blackground....I think it does look much classy and importantly More meaningful than the original cover..that's my opinion anyway. :wink: :D
Once again, V best Wishes for those who's been waiting..hope not long to all. :D :wink:

:arrow: Re-Edit again 8)
I just re-send this again..just waken up..my brain's not quite with me :oops:...I'm a early bird person...must dash to wash :roll: my car..then off to fem.swimmin' before rush to bbq party with freinds....I wish V all have 3-days off overwkend for fully-unwind :wink:
Enjoy yr day 8) :wink: :lol:

UKJules
08-05-2007, 05:59 AM
Hi DBukfan,

Have a great day swimming & at your BBQ party......Just checked the temperature and it's 25c :!: :!: 8)

I've just been outside doing a bit of gardening. What a glorious day....I think I'll get the recliner out later :!: 8)

Looking forward to seeing the book with Dirk and his dad on the front cover. I think I might e-mail Deep Books next week just to see what the situation is.

Take Care all

Jules

UKJules
08-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Hi Anne,

You could try and e-mail SQ1 Publishers. I did but didn't get a reply. You might be lucky.

You're right, It will be worth the wait.........................Patience is a virtue :!:

Take Care
Jules

bibbi
08-05-2007, 01:12 PM
HI Julie! :D

I'll try that. Where are they based? I'm from Canada.

Take care,

UKJules
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi Anne,

SQ1 Publishers are based in New York. The e-mail address is:

www.squareonepublishers.com

Take Care :D
Jules

Let me know if you get a reply - Thanks x :D

dbukfan
08-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Hi DBukfan,
Have a great day swimming & at your BBQ party......Just checked the temperature and it's 25c :!: :!: 8)
I've just been outside doing a bit of gardening. What a glorious day....I think I'll get the recliner out later :!: 8)
Looking forward to seeing the book with Dirk and his dad on the front cover. I think I might e-mail Deep Books next week just to see what the situation is.
Take Care all
Jules
Howdy Jules
Thnk U for yr kind words...Yes!!..V've had fav.time @ bbr party...best thing's to see those happy :lol: faces bakin' in almost 30c in the glorious Sunshine!!..I hid myself under the trees with bucket of water under my feet 8) :shock: ...too hot for me...and yes!!..I do miss my day in our garden @ home...(infact, more like jungle :oops: ..full of weeds :roll: )..or more qul.time with my littly or read more ATWWF :wink: ..never mind!!..there's still be time nt wkend!!....&..weeds're always grow more nt wk..haha :lol:
Must go..boss's Back :evil: :x

UKJules
08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Howdy DBukfan,

Glad you had a great time at your BBQ party. :D

Wasn't it a scorcher yesterday......It got too hot for me aswell - I had to come in, it was too hot outside :!: 8) I watched the Grand Prix instead and had a lazy day. 8)

I'm about to e-mail Deep Books to check what's happening with ATWWF. Hopefully it will be good news. :D

Take Care.
Jules

UKJules
08-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I was going to e-mail Deep Books, but decided to phone them, and the good news is......................ATWWF has just come in :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I gave them my details and will receive mine shortly :!: :!: :!: YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :D

That's made my day
Jules :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dbukfan
08-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I was going to e-mail Deep Books, but decided to phone them, and the good news is......................ATWWF has just come in :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I gave them my details and will receive mine shortly :!: :!: :!: YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :D

That's made my day
Jules :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi Jules
Well Done.....v pls for U :wink: ..I'll read mine 2nd time tonite...when U got it..tell me what U think?..May I share those vividly excitement moments with U again!!, back in April 2007....I rec'd a letter fr DB (in his own hand-written!!). I went ecstatic with tears of Joy..I's kinda jumpin' up/down my chair for ages with those excitement....and yet again...can't shout out loud too much as I rec'd his 2nd book fr SQ1P....delivered @ my office on 12/07/07 when I's just arrived!!.....I's so so well-chuffed with Big grin on my face & off my trolly all day that day :wink: :D...Yippeeeee again, May I? :lol: :lol: :wink: .
Many congrats!! :wink: ..Happy reading :lol:

UKJules
08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi DBukfan,

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........Great minds think alike :!: :!: :!: :!: Happy days :!: :!: 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D

Have fun reading yours for a second time. Lucky you :!: :D I should have mine by the end of the week. Hopefully It will come before Friday, so I can take it when we go to The Lake District at the weekend :!: :!: What a great birthday present.....It's my birthday next week (15th Aug) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Take Care.............I cannot beleive it...................YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jules

bibbi
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
HI everyone! :D

Julie! :D
That's great you got your book! :D
Gonna try for mine.
It is true "good things come to those who wait." :D

Take care,

UKJules
08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Anne,

You're right - "good things come to those who wait" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The day has finally come when we can actually get ATWWF :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D Happy days for everyone :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D

Take Care...........We are all very happy - Thank you Dirk :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jules

NicoleDutch
08-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi guys, just got back home from sunny Greece. Will post some stories later.

Does anyone know if Dirk's book already came out with Deep Books Uk? Can't wait to order the book.

UKJules
08-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Hi Nicoledutch,

See my postings above..........

Yes, Dirk's book has just come in at Deep Books :D :D :D :D :D :D ........It maybe easier and quicker to phone them with your order :!: :D

Happy Days

Take Care
Jules

NicoleDutch
08-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks UKJules! I did miss your post, sorry.

Will order the book right away!! :lol: :lol:

bibbi
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM

A big THANK YOU! to Dirk for getting the book re-released.
HURRAY FOR DIRK! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
*ok....I went a bit overboard* :wink:* I am very happy about the re-release of the book.*
I'm gonna get mine soon...I hope! :wink: :D
Good things do come to those who wait!

Take care,

UKJules
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Anne,

We're allowed to get excited :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ...........We've been waiting very patiently :roll:

HAPPY DAYS EVERYONE :D

Take Care
Jules :D

NicoleDutch
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Book is on the way!!! :lol:

Have fun everyone!

UKJules
08-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone,

GREAT NEWS.....The postman's just been and I've go my book.............YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D :D :D

I 'm going to start reading it on Friday when we go to the Lake District. That's if I don't peek at it before. :D I love the front cover, it has a lovely picture of Dirk and his dad. :D
The book cost 11.99 and the postage was 2.00. I thought that was very reasonable and super fast delivery from Deep Books :!: Well done to them :!:

Take Care
Jules :D :D :D :D :D :D

deebeelicious
08-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Just ordered it, book is on the way! Woo hoo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like to say that it can't have been easy for Dirk to re-release it, especially as his life has changed so much since then, who'd have thought it at the time, eh? :shock: :x I remember Ostarella saying
When I got my copy from Dirk at a convention, we talked a bit about publishing it again. Basically, he told me he was the one who didn't want it re-released. I'm glad he changed his mind, because, although it is a very personal book, there is a lot to be learned from it, not only about Dirk but about oneself...

It says a lot about Dirk that he has the gumption and kindness (to fans) to re-issue it. I hope it spurs him on to write more coz I'm sure he's not finished in what he's gotta say to us all! And it should remind us all never to be too complacent with our lives ... the only thing we can guarantee in this life is that there will be change! :shock: :?

dbukfan
08-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Hi everyone,
GREAT NEWS.....The postman's just been and I've go my book.............YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D :D :D
I love the front cover, it has a lovely picture of Dirk and his dad. :D
Jules :D :D :D :D :D :D
Happy readin'..Jules
Don't you think Dirk looks so different in his teens...I think he looks quite chubby..much beefy :shock: 8) /bigger than his son, George...but they're both v similar!!.......I'm a happy-reader for the 2nd time :D :lol: ...me too'll takin' ATWWF to France in 2 wks time :wink: :lol: ...DB's 2nd book'll be with me everywhere this Summer :wink: ...on European tours this yr...hopefully on the Med-Cruise nt yr!!

UKJules
08-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Happy readin'..Jules
Don't you think Dirk looks so different in his teens...I think he looks quite chubby..much beefy :shock: 8) /bigger than his son, George...but they're both v similar!!.......I'm a happy-reader for the 2nd time :D :lol: ...me too'll takin' ATWWF to France in 2 wks time :wink: :lol: ...DB's 2nd book'll be with me everywhere this Summer :wink: ...on European tours this yr...hopefully on the Med-Cruise nt yr!!

Hi DBukfan,
Wow, my other daughter has just shown me to "QUOTE" :!:
Yes, I agree, Dirk looks beefy in the picture, but then that was in his meat eating days- Doesn't he have a great smile - bless him :D :!:
You're off to France in two weeks, how lovely - hope the weather stays as it is. :D Your ATWWF sounds like it will be well travelled this summer :!: :!: Hopefully you can take it on the cruise next year........I hope the cruise is in the school holidays, I'd like to take my eldest daughter, She's got her GCSE's next year so I would like to treat her. :D

Take Care
Jules

dbukfan
08-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Happy readin'..Jules
Hi DBukfan,
Wow, my other daughter has just shown me to "QUOTE" :!:
Yes, I agree, Dirk looks beefy in the picture, but then that was in his meat eating days- Doesn't he have a great smile - bless him :D :!:
You're off to France in two weeks, how lovely - hope the weather stays as it is. :D Your ATWWF sounds like it will be well travelled this summer :!: :!: Hopefully you can take it on the cruise next year........I hope the cruise is in the school holidays, I'd like to take my eldest daughter, She's got her GCSE's next year so I would like to treat her. :D
Take Care
Jules
Hi Jules
I know, Gosh :shock: DB's beefy body 8) ...TG!!..them days're gone :wink: :D 8) :lol:
Yes!!..me too hope Viva la DB's Med-Cruise'll in July..otherwise..esa no no no for me :( ..my littly just starts Yr.1 8) :wink: ..I'd rather keep good records on her school attendance!!....my lord, I'd better stop goin' places too much and save for Uni.study fees in the future :shock:..she can't moan too much...only 4 yrs old...been travellin' nearly 10 countries!!....not bad life, eh!!..infact...goin' places while she's young..it's much cheaper and more convenient to do so...don't worry to join the school-mobs then :roll: ...that's why, I took chances to do!!.
V sweet/thoughtful of U to treat yr daughter for all of that hard works...Good on U :wink: :D .
Take care...x

UKJules
08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi Jules
I know, Gosh :shock: DB's beefy body 8) ...TG!!..them days're gone :wink: :D 8) :lol:
Yes!!..me too hope Viva la DB's Med-Cruise'll in July..otherwise..esa no no no for me :( ..my littly just starts Yr.1 8) :wink: ..I'd rather keep good records on her school attendance!!....my lord, I'd better stop goin' places too much and save for Uni.study fees in the future :shock:..she can't moan too much...only 4 yrs old...been travellin' nearly 10 countries!!....not bad life, eh!!..infact...goin' places while she's young..it's much cheaper and more convenient to do so...don't worry to join the school-mobs then :roll: ...that's why, I took chances to do!!.
V sweet/thoughtful of U to treat yr daughter for all of that hard works...Good on U :wink: :D .
Take care...x

Hi DBukfan,

I agree, it's better to take them while they are young - free child places and all that. I think mine are classed as adults now, so going abroad is pretty expensive :!: Your littlys been to nearly 10 countries already and is only 4 :!: That's got to be a record :!: Wow :!:

I've had to put my book in the Jiffy bag it came in, cause I'll end up reading it.......I want to wait until Friday, so I won't get disturbed :!: :wink:

Take Care
Jules

dbukfan
08-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi DBukfan,
I agree, it's better to take them while they are young - free child places and all that. I think mine are classed as adults now, so going abroad is pretty expensive :!: Your littlys been to nearly 10 countries already and is only 4 :!: That's got to be a record :!: Wow :!:
I've had to put my book in the Jiffy bag it came in, cause I'll end up reading it.......I want to wait until Friday, so I won't get disturbed :!: :wink:
Take Care
Jules
Hi Jules
U're v good for keep holdin' ATWWF til Friday!!..when I rec'd it....1st nite, I've read it until 1am :oops: ..can't stop readin' it...got Black Eyes Pea to work nt day..but all worth it :lol:..I still keep both books in bubble wrap!!..give DB a bit of respect, eh!! :lol: 8)
I love to go places in UK a bit more..but the other 1/2's sun lover!!..as U know UK weather's so changable like our Gov. :roll: ....&...I don't like rain neither...so there U go!!..few yrs ago, V're off tourin' the Far-East for 1 mnth....Great experience that was!!..carrin' littly around on the back-sling!!...V both think the same thing...Only live Once..might as well..goin' places while V can!! :wink: 8)
Like U say, when she's grown up..things'll have to change...&...I'll may be in the wheelchair..haha!! :wink: ..Enjoy what V've got for now & be happy...that's a main thing.
Have a nice evening..U prob. got Gourmet meals :lol: prepared for tonite!! :!: :lol:

UKJules
08-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi Jules
U're v good for keep holdin' ATWWF til Friday!!..when I rec'd it....1st nite, I've read it until 1am :oops: ..can't stop readin' it...got Black Eyes Pea to work nt day..but all worth it :lol:..I still keep both books in bubble wrap!!..give DB a bit of respect, eh!! :lol: 8)
I love to go places in UK a bit more..but the other 1/2's sun lover!!..as U know UK weather's so changable like our Gov. :roll: ....&...I don't like rain neither...so there U go!!..few yrs ago, V're off tourin' the Far-East for 1 mnth....Great experience that was!!..carrin' littly around on the back-sling!!...V both think the same thing...Only live Once..might as well..goin' places while V can!! :wink: 8)
Like U say, when she's grown up..things'll have to change...&...I'll may be in the wheelchair..haha!! :wink: ..Enjoy what V've got for now & be happy...that's a main thing.
Have a nice evening..U prob. got Gourmet meals :lol: prepared for tonite!! :!: :lol:

Hi Dbukfan,
I agree about our English weather, it is so changable and if you want guaranteed sun, it's best to go abroad. :!: . We were very lucky last week on holiday to have such good weather. I think it talks of showers this weekend, I'd better pack our cagoules :!: :D

I admire you for taking you littly away to nearly ten different countries. What a great experience for her. Good on you. :D

Anyway....The book is still in the jiffy bag :lol:

I hope you have a good evening....Rick Stein's on BBC2 tonight - It's a new series. On the last series, didn't he do some Japanese cooking :?: We've been to his seafood restaurant in Padstow, it was fantastic - expensive, but worth every penny. :D

Take Care

dbukfan
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Jules
Hi Dbukfan,
I agree about our English weather, it is so changable and if you want guaranteed sun, it's best to go abroad. :!: . We were very lucky last week on holiday to have such good weather. I think it talks of showers this weekend, I'd better pack our cagoules :!: :D
I admire you for taking you littly away to nearly ten different countries. What a great experience for her. Good on you. :D
Anyway....The book is still in the jiffy bag :lol:
I hope you have a good evening....Rick Stein's on BBC2 tonight - It's a new series. On the last series, didn't he do some Japanese cooking :?: We've been to his seafood restaurant in Padstow, it was fantastic - expensive, but worth every penny. :D
Take Care
Howdy Jules
Thnk U for yr encourage words of early multi-trips for my littly..perhaps, I'd print this out to show my :roll: in-law to read, eh!! :x :P ...who never agrees whatever we want to do with our own One & Only child!!....so called..'Nanny Knows Best.'..infact, our child's v smart, happy,adaptable & v healthy..never ill....love seein' all places around the globe..inc. learnin' language and culture..she can speak French quite clearly..I'm v proud of her :D :wink:..in future V'll call in-law fr departure lounge to avoid..ear ache!! :wink:
:arrow: Sara...so listen, U're not alone to have issue with M'-in-law..I tell U :wink:
Yes, Just watchin' Rick Stein too...Bon Appetite :lol: ..make me feel hungry again!!..Padstow's also on the list to visit before I drop :lol: :lol: too..Yummy Seafood!!
So C'on, Jules...don't just keep it in the j.bag....Let's get started!!..Did U notice, I even try v hard :wink: to persuade U by changin' my Tiny new ATWWF's Avatar...hope U'll change yr mind :lol: :lol: :wink: ..I'm off to read more :wink: :lol:
Nite Nite...x

UKJules
08-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Howdy Jules
Thnk U for yr encourage words of early multi-trips for my littly..perhaps, I'd print this out to show my :roll: in-law to read, eh!! :x :P ...who never agrees whatever we want to do with our own One & Only child!!....so called..'Nanny Knows Best.'..infact, our child's v smart, happy,adaptable & v healthy..never ill....love seein' all places around the globe..inc. learnin' language and culture..she can speak French quite clearly..I'm v proud of her :D :wink:..in future V'll call in-law fr departure lounge to avoid..ear ache!! :wink:
:arrow: Sara...so listen, U're not alone to have issue with M'-in-law..I tell U :wink:
Yes, Just watchin' Rick Stein too...Bon Appetite :lol: ..make me feel hungry again!!..Padstow's also on the list to visit before I drop :lol: :lol: too..Yummy Seafood!!
So C'on, Jules...don't just keep it in the j.bag....Let's get started!!..Did U notice, I even try v hard :wink: to persuade U by changin' my Tiny new ATWWF's Avatar...hope U'll change yr mind :lol: :lol: :wink: ..I'm off to read more :wink: :lol:
Nite Nite...x

Hi DBukfan,

You've got to go to Padstow it's a beautiful little Cornish town. The locals call it Padstein
:!: We stayed in Rock which is a village the opposite side of the estuary to Padstow. You can get a foot passenger boat to take you across to Padstow, which runs continuously throughout the day. The beaches a fab, they are so clean and the sea so clear. I highly recommend it :!: :D

Rick Stein's on again tonight - BBC 2. He is a great cook and more down to earth compared to some of the other celebrity chefs :!: I think Dirk would approve cause he makes sushi :!: :D

I 've put my book in the car ready for tomorrow...........I had to put it in there to stop the temptation :!: :lol: I am so looking forward to reading it. I don't think I'll be able to put it down. Mind you it'll take about 5 hours to get there so I'll have plenty of time :!:

Take Care
Jules

dbukfan
08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi DBukfan,
You've got to go to Padstow it's a beautiful little Cornish town. The locals call it Padstein
:!: We stayed in Rock which is a village the opposite side of the estuary to Padstow. You can get a foot passenger boat to take you across to Padstow, which runs continuously throughout the day. The beaches a fab, they are so clean and the sea so clear. I highly recommend it :!: :D
Rick Stein's on again tonight - BBC 2. He is a great cook and more down to earth compared to some of the other celebrity chefs :!: I think Dirk would approve cause he makes sushi :!: :D
I 've put my book in the car ready for tomorrow...........I had to put it in there to stop the temptation :!: :lol: I am so looking forward to reading it. I don't think I'll be able to put it down. Mind you it'll take about 5 hours to get there so I'll have plenty of time :!:
Take Care
Jules
Hi Jules
I'll print this out to keep in on travel file!! :wink: ...may be ideal for short trip ie long wkend in early September :wink: 8) (my boss gonna love me taken time off :wink: )....enjoy life too much...my holidays this yr nearly run-out soon after coverin' for littly's carer too many days :roll: :?: ...perhaps..off sick, eh :wink: ..mind U, since join DB's p/t MB Diet..never taken evem 1 day off sick this yr 8) ...so have to come up with master plan!!
:arrow: readin' in the car, Not for me..my dear...I'll be sick :shock: with motions
:arrow: and Yes, it'd def. be v marvellous if DB decides to do cookery programme round the Med likd Rick Stein...I'll volunteer to be his 2nd chef...haha!! :lol: :wink:.
Enjoy yr trip..finger cross for wkend weather for you. :D

UKJules
08-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi Jules
I'll print this out to keep in on travel file!! :wink: ...may be ideal for short trip ie long wkend in early September :wink: 8) (my boss gonna love me taken time off :wink: )....enjoy life too much...my holidays this yr nearly run-out soon after coverin' for littly's carer too many days :roll: :?: ...perhaps..off sick, eh :wink: ..mind U, since join DB's p/t MB Diet..never taken evem 1 day off sick this yr 8) ...so have to come up with master plan!!
:arrow: readin' in the car, Not for me..my dear...I'll be sick :shock: with motions
:arrow: and Yes, it'd def. be v marvellous if DB decides to do cookery programme round the Med likd Rick Stein...I'll volunteer to be his 2nd chef...haha!! :lol: :wink:.
Enjoy yr trip..finger cross for wkend weather for you. :D

Hi everyone, I'm back............hope you are all well and had a good weekend :!: :D

DBukfan :arrow: Where do I start...........well.......I started reading ATWWF when we left home around 7.15am Friday morning and I finished, just as we came into Kendal :!: :D Not bad going , eh :?: :D I must admit, we did stop for around 3/4 of an hour for lunch, but other than that, I was glued to the book :!: :D It was definitely well worth the wait. :D Without giving too much away to the others who haven't got their book yet................ I absolutely loved it :!: It was so moving, at one point tears came to my eyes. :cry: How Dirk managed to actually write about such a poignant subject and to put pen to paper, I'll never know. I can honestly say, that ATWWF is a brilliantly written book. :D :!: :D I can't wait for the next one :!: I think the more you read about him, the more you begin to understand what he's been through :!: We love you Dirk :!: :D

Anyway......Guess what I found while I was in Keswick :?: :?: :?: We went there yesterday and found a museum.....called "Cars of the Stars"...............Intrigued :?: :?: :?:
They only had an original A team van :!: :!: Apparently two were kept in perfect order for close-up shots and these were owned by the producer Stephen J. Cannell. The van on display is one of the two. It was bought by the owner of the museum in 1992. Unfortunately, you wasn't allowed to take photos because of copyright. We even had to turn our mobile phones off :!: I could just about see in the front windscreen, because the vehicles had a rope acting as a barrier to stop you getting too close to them. It even had a poster, if what a small sized Mr T in it :!: :D Other cars that were there were, FAB1, Starsky and Hutch, General Lee (Dukes of Hazard), Batmobile, KIT (Knight Rider),DeLorean( Back to the Future) among others........Definitely a place to visit :!: :D :D

Had a great weekend away....back to the washing and ironing :!: :!:

Take Care
Jules

Zilfstar
08-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Have been on holiday to Paris and a lot of other nice places in France. Came back to find an email from Deep Books. They have one for me too! Just ordered it. Can't wait to get it.
Will start a new topic here for Dutch fans about a ... well you read it.

Zilfstar

dbukfan
08-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Hi everyone, I'm back............hope you are all well and had a good weekend :!: :D
DBukfan :arrow: Where do I start...........well.......I started reading ATWWF when we left home around 7.15am Friday morning and I finished, just as we came into Kendal :!: :D Not bad going , eh :?: :D I must admit, we did stop for around 3/4 of an hour for lunch, but other than that, I was glued to the book :!: :D It was definitely well worth the wait. :D Without giving too much away to the others who haven't got their book yet................ I absolutely loved it :!: It was so moving, at one point tears came to my eyes. :cry: How Dirk managed to actually write about such a poignant subject and to put pen to paper, I'll never know. I can honestly say, that ATWWF is a brilliantly written book. :D :!: :D I can't wait for the next one :!: I think the more you read about him, the more you begin to understand what he's been through :!: We love you Dirk :!: :D
Anyway......Guess what I found while I was in Keswick :?: :?: :?: We went there yesterday and found a museum.....called "Cars of the Stars"...............Intrigued :?: :?: :?:
They only had an original A team van :!: :!: Apparently two were kept in perfect order for close-up shots and these were owned by the producer Stephen J. Cannell. The van on display is one of the two. It was bought by the owner of the museum in 1992. Unfortunately, you wasn't allowed to take photos because of copyright. We even had to turn our mobile phones off :!: I could just about see in the front windscreen, because the vehicles had a rope acting as a barrier to stop you getting too close to them. It even had a poster, if what a small sized Mr T in it :!: :D Other cars that were there were, FAB1, Starsky and Hutch, General Lee (Dukes of Hazard), Batmobile, KIT (Knight Rider),DeLorean( Back to the Future) among others........Definitely a place to visit :!: :D :D
Had a great weekend away....back to the washing and ironing :!: :!:
Take Care
Jules
Hi Jules
Totally agreed with yr well-comments above :( ..me too shed few tears @ nite time readin' with a hanky :cry: back in Mid-July when I's in caravan down South coasts!!..well, about 3rd book..DB mentioned on the interview in Hollland that he'll write about raisin' his 2 kids as SGL parent....that'd be just FAV :wink: indeed fr Male point of view....wonder why he's a lot more gentle than Dwight :wink: 8)
Well, I never see Ateam van & so on But..got Season 4 to get thru it yet..another ongoin' watchin' project!!
I do hope DB'll come back to UK one day....pretty sure, not just me...All UK fans must feel the same..anyway!!..can't moan too much..poor bloke must have fought so hard to get all his books re-published..Bless him :wink:

UKJules
08-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi Jules
Totally agreed with yr well-comments above :( ..me too shed few tears @ nite time readin' with a hanky :cry: back in Mid-July when I's in caravan down South coasts!!..well, about 3rd book..DB mentioned on the interview in Hollland that he'll write about raisin' his 2 kids as SGL parent....that'd be just FAV :wink: indeed fr Male point of view....wonder why he's a lot more gentle than Dwight :wink: 8)
Well, I never see Ateam van & so on But..got Season 4 to get thru it yet..another ongoin' watchin' project!!
I do hope DB'll come back to UK one day....pretty sure, not just me...All UK fans must feel the same..anyway!!..can't moan too much..poor bloke must have fought so hard to get all his books re-published..Bless him :wink:

Hi DBukfan,

I think Dirk said he will write another book when his son finishes Uni next year. I'm sure it will be very interesting, like you said, being a single parent and rasin' his kids. A lot has happened to him since he wrote ATWWF :!: - Bless him :wink:

Let's just hope Dirk comes back to the UK. I'd love to go and meet him at one of the autograph signings he does. :D :shock: I've never been to one before :( I'm sure he will have a very long queue at his table :!: :lol: Mainly women :wink:

Take Care
Jules

dbukfan
08-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi DBukfan,
I think Dirk said he will write another book when his son finishes Uni next year. I'm sure it will be very interesting, like you said, being a single parent and rasin' his kids. A lot has happened to him since he wrote ATWWF :!: - Bless him :wink:
Let's just hope Dirk comes back to the UK. I'd love to go and meet him at one of the autograph signings he does. :D :shock: I've never been to one before :( I'm sure he will have a very long queue at his table :!: :lol: Mainly women :wink:
Take Care
Jules
Hello Jules
Also heard few sayin' that DB won't be doin' any more conventions too!!...perhaps he's taken Early retirement :( !!!...Oh, well...the guy prob. needs a rest on his R/H :wink: 8) ..I'll offer him a Auto signature's Stamp..as good as own one 8)...&..V all just give him a hand by sendin' a shorthand person/Typist :wink:...or..may be he can just do a You-Tube convention...&..blow few kisses to all fans :lol: :wink:
That's just few ideas :wink: 8) :lol:

UKJules
08-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Hello Jules
Also heard few sayin' that DB won't be doin' any more conventions too!!...perhaps he's taken Early retirement :( !!!...Oh, well...the guy prob. needs a rest on his R/H :wink: 8) ..I'll offer him a Auto signature's Stamp..as good as own one 8)...&..V all just give him a hand by sendin' a shorthand person/Typist :wink:...or..may be he can just do a You-Tube convention...&..blow few kisses to all fans :lol: :wink:
That's just few ideas :wink: 8) :lol:

Hi DBukfan,

Oh :cry: Dirk not doing any more conventions :cry: He's got to do one over here, he's got loads of new fans in the UK :!: You're right, we could get him an auto signature stamp to make it easier for him or even if he did a squiggle :!: :wink: We could always help him and offer to be his assistants - what a great idea :!: :lol: Perhaps next year, Dirk might want to take some time out to concentrate on writing his 3rd book, so won't have the time to attend the conventions :?: We'll have to wait and see what happens :roll:

Take Care
Jules

NicoleDutch
08-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Am sitting here with a superb smile on my face...my book has just arrived! Thank you Dirk. :wink:
I totally love the cover. It's sweet and charming.

Now I'm wondering: read it now or save it for the weekend...lol. Think I will start this afternoon, then read the second part in the weekend!

Anyways I'm all alone here but I've got a little party going on. Months of waiting, I'm pretty sure it will be worth it :!:

dbukfan
08-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Am sitting here with a superb smile on my face...my book has just arrived! Thank you Dirk. :wink:
Now I'm wondering: read it now or save it for the weekend...lol. Think I will start this afternoon, then read the second part in the weekend!
Anyways I'm all alone here but I've got a little party going on. Months of waiting, I'm pretty sure it will be worth it :!:
Hoi Nicole
Hope U enjoy ATWWF...Happy readin'...some part may be so :( ..tissue box near by, pls!!
I can't put it down when I started readin' it...so V'll see how 8) you'll be :wink: :lol: ..when U finish it..pls tell me what U think of it?

UKJules
08-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Hoi Nicole
Hope U enjoy ATWWF...Happy readin'...some part may be so :( ..tissue box near by, pls!!
I can't put it down when I started readin' it...so V'll see how 8) you'll be :wink: :lol: ..when U finish it..pls tell me what U think of it?

Hi everyone,

NicoleDutch :arrow: Great, you've got your book :!: :D Once you start reading it you won't be able to put it down :!: :D Enjoy :!: :D

DBukfan :arrow: Have you read yours a second time yet :?:

Take Care all
Jules

NicoleDutch
08-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Thank you :D

So far I'm on page 35...I want to drop it but it's impossible!! I laughed out loud by reading what you guys said about not being able to stop reading. Lol, I can't stop! I will force myself to stop right now and wait till the weekend....I'll try it :shock:

John Pickard
08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Just got mine, too. Saving it for the weekend - and really looking forward to reading it.

I am
Dawg

dbukfan
08-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Just got mine, too. Saving it for the weekend - and really looking forward to reading it.
I am
Dawg
Howdy Dawg
I bet you'll finish it sooner :wink: rather than later!!..be warned...when starts..can't stop!!
Happy reading 8)
Take care

NicoleDutch
08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Have fun Dawg! And yes it is better to NOT start in the book since it is impossible to stop! :lol:

UKJules
08-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi Dawg,

Enjoy the book..........Happy reading :D

Take Care
Jules

dbukfan
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,
DBukfan :arrow: Have you read yours a second time yet :?:
Take Care all
Jules
Allo'/Bonsoir Jules
Non., not quite 1/2 way for the 2nd time yet!!..got lots to catch up both @ work :evil: & home....I'll need clear mind/totally switched off..then..ATWWF'll be on the spot again...possibly @ UK airport when come to our flights always delay!!..your claim to flame is this :P :roll: ..never mind!!..C'est le Vie!!
If I'd enough time before nt Wednesday, I might read CoKC again!!..I learnt new things each time, I've read it..also discovered interestin' bits I've missed :wink:
Bonne nuit
Au revoir..x

UKJules
08-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Allo'/Bonsoir Jules
Non., not quite 1/2 way for the 2nd time yet!!..got lots to catch up both @ work :evil: & home....I'll need clear mind/totally switched off..then..ATWWF'll be on the spot again...possibly @ UK airport when come to our flights always delay!!..your claim to flame is this :P :roll: ..never mind!!..C'est le Vie!!
If I'd enough time before nt Wednesday, I might read CoKC again!!..I learnt new things each time, I've read it..also discovered interestin' bits I've missed :wink:
Bonne nuit
Au revoir..x

Hi DBukfan,
I agree, you need a clear mind and no disturbances to read, if not, it's hard to concentrate :!: Like you say, there will be plenty of time when you're at the airport. :wink: Hope you have a great time in france, you'll have no trouble with the language barrier, you're fluent in french :!: :D I think I'm going to read ATWWF again, you can miss things the first time round :wink:

Au revoir
nite nite

Jules

dbukfan
08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi DBukfan,
you'll have no trouble with the language barrier, you're fluent in french :!: :D I think I'm going to read ATWWF again, you can miss things the first time round :wink:
Au revoir
nite nite
Jules
Howdy Jules
Are you Kiddin' :oops: me?....babababaah..Bonjour Madam :lol: :wink: ..that's more like it!
I can't read DB's book tonite..toomuch @ Home.com to sort out...also combined with Rick Stein few nites runnin'...ummm!!....Anyone, fancy!! :wink: , Med.fish dishes for tea tonite?
How does yr B'day tea party go?..hope weather'll on yr side today!!
Pls read on holiday topic, Adri & I wishin' a v v Happy B'day to you :wink: :lol: :lol: :D !!

BBC health news advice how to keep heart attack @ bay.....by :?:
:arrow: measure yr waist and yr hip..True figures only :wink: ..No Cheatin' :shock:
then calculate waist size and divided by yr hip size.......results'd be :arrow: male > .95
and female > .85......Should U guys, he & she under this..U're be fine..BUT if over this...U must seriously join DB for MB diets!!

Good Health and Good Luck..everybody :wink:

UKJules
08-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Howdy Jules
Are you Kiddin' :oops: me?....babababaah..Bonjour Madam :lol: :wink: ..that's more like it!
I can't read DB's book tonite..toomuch @ Home.com to sort out...also combined with Rick Stein few nites runnin'...ummm!!....Anyone, fancy!! :wink: , Med.fish dishes for tea tonite?
How does yr B'day tea party go?..hope weather'll on yr side today!!
Pls read on holiday topic, Adri & I wishin' a v v Happy B'day to you :wink: :lol: :lol: :D !!

BBC health news advice how to keep heart attack @ bay.....by :?:
:arrow: measure yr waist and yr hip..True figures only :wink: ..No Cheatin' :shock:
then calculate waist size and divided by yr hip size.......results'd be :arrow: male > .95
and female > .85......Should U guys, he & she under this..U're be fine..BUT if over this...U must seriously join DB for MB diets!!

Good Health and Good Luck..everybody :wink:

Hi DBukfan,
Oh yeah, I'd better not forget Rick Stein's on tonight :wink: I'm having tea party later..... :D
Have you had any hail today :?: We had some earlier, it's turned to heavy rain at the moment :(
I had a look at the holiday topic a little earlier........thank you for your kindness :D

Take Care

Zilfstar
08-21-2007, 04:14 AM
But I also received it. It has been a few days allready but like you: I CAN'T STOP READING!!! Wow what a great book! But I will switch to the other thread about the book now!

Zilfstar

Billy
08-29-2007, 04:12 AM
I got my book today!!! Yippee!!! I read it a while back, had to get the library to hunt it down. But now I have my own copy so I can read it again at my leisure.