PDA

View Full Version : News: And Then We Went Fishing re-release coming soon!

Tracy
04-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Within the month, Dirk's second book "And Then We Went Fishing" will be re-released.

More details coming.

:)

Genny
04-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Oh YES !! :D :D Hopefully, even in the UK, we might be able to get a copy !! :shock: Thanks Tracy, for the news. :D :D

bibbi
04-08-2007, 09:44 PM
YIPPPEEEE!!!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!! :D :D :D :D
:oops: :oops:
Hi everyone! :D
Had a great easter weekend and I am a bit high on chocolate....sorry about that!
Tracy, when will the book be re-released?

Take care,
Anne :)

dbukfan
04-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Dear Dirk

SINCERE thank U fr bottom of our hearts....for yr kindness to re-print yr 2nd Book, 'And Then We Went Fishing'......again!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tracy, pls do keep us update.

Pls do Remember U've got overall 16% vote fr CBB5 for 3dr place...which means if it's 1mil.votes.....that'll be how much U'll sell in UK at least....& more worldwide!!!!!!

Thank You, Merci, Gracias, Domo-Ariga-to, Zei Zei,.....

LoL

dbukfan...x

deebeelicious
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
That's great news about 'Fishing'.
I don't think it's fair some on this site blaming Dirk for the book not being available -
I'm sure Dirk would have published it earlier, if it had been in his power. Glad to see that the publishers have woken up to the fact that they can actually make some money (only thing that interests them!) from reprinting it!

I wonder if that means a book tour soon?
(IMHO (which I suppose is not relevant, but) I suppose it might be more 'commercial' to do a UK tour before or just as BB starts again this summer - but I can imagine the UK media interest might be horrendous - I don't know if non-UK fans realise that our papers were hounding Dirk's family, especially his brother for grisly gossip during CBB5! It's bad enough when people in the spotlight get hounded, but when private individuals get it as well, yuk! With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk never came to the UK again!)

Best wishes
xx
DeeBeeLicious

deebeelicious
04-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Had a great easter weekend and I am a bit high on chocolate....sorry about that!)

Anne
Just like to say, enjoy the chocolate and don't feel guilty about eating it. I hope I've not sounded too preachey, if I have, I'm v sorry. I wrote about how I was feeling about Easter coz it was preying on my mind, I hope no one is offended by my scribbles!).

Love and Happy rest of Easter to all
DeeBeeLicious

Feeonagh
04-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Goodness DBlicious... I don't read the newspapers, so I didn't know that they were hounding Dirk's family, that really is bad. ... now you know why I don't read them!

I'm so pleased to hear the news about the book... I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open now for more details .. I do hope I don't have to resort to the newspapers though!! lol !!

Great news Tracy thanks

Fee xx

Lily
04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I hate the media in this country, its wonderful that they have freedom but the abuse is just awful, (except where politicians are concerned i think they do need to be in the spotlight of good investigative journalism)

And good good news about the book. Dirk book is now the only author I 'm eagerly anticipating besides the Adorable Terry Pratchett. I metr him and I behaved myself !*beams contentedly*

Genny
04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
What annoys me about the British Press in terms of political investigative journalism is that the reporting is always biased in favour of the politics of the newspaper owners. :roll:

bibbi
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone!
Great news about Dirk's book being re-released.
I live in Canada.
Are there any links that you can read a British newspaper online? :?
Please correct me if I'm wrong about that information.
Just trying to keep up with the topics here.

Take care,

julie w
04-09-2007, 11:14 PM
WOW! I thought no publishing company wanted anything to do with it. Not that I'm complaining of it's re-release. That is GREAT news but just wondering who was smart enough to realize it's a good investment. (Not to mention a Great and very moving book as some of us have already had the pleasure in reading it). I guess we'll find out the publishers name soon enough.:-)

Tracy,

I was wondering if "....Fishing" will have anything different in it like a dedication/forward etc.? I have yet to read the updated dedication of "Confessions....". I'm hoping to have the chance soon but since I already bought both of his books back in 2000 - I'm not sure if I want to spend money over something I already have just to read a few new paragraphs. Maybe I'll catch it in the library someday.:-)

Thanks for the info!

BTW....

It is very sad - not to mention disgusting for the British media to be stalking Dirk's family like that. Unfortunately, (as I have told many people in the last few years) as far as the UK AND the US (as well as many other places in the world), true news and jounalism is dead. All you basically have now are sensationalists selling sensationalism to the highest bidder. The jucier - the better. It doesn't matter how slanted the truth has been made nor does it matter how much of the REAL story has been left out...."news" outlets will buy it, print it, air it, and sell it. It's so sad to have to literally dig for news on a story that tells the REAL story on the net without it being tainted in some way or the other (although I do seem to manage). Not to mention the "news" repeats certain stories over and over again when half the stuff on the "news" really isn't news.

I mean, I respect and like Dirk as much as the next fan but come on. He's not news. (and a *gasp* comes over the crowed). Unless he does decide to run for politics - *then* he's news. If news outlets want to save the story for the "entertainment" section of the news program (and some do save celebrity news for that part) then fine. But one of the many reasons I've stopped watching most cable and local news is because they would go on and on about Britany's latest "thing", or what Rosie freakin Odonnell is doing today. WHO CARES! They are NOT news! Don't get me wrong. I hope Britany - just like any other troubled person in her shoes will pull things together and realize that they do have a purpose in this life....but her checking into rehab - checking out of rehab - checking in again? Yeah....that does NOT belong on the local, national nor international news.

Julie

Lily
04-10-2007, 03:52 AM
What annoys me about the British Press in terms of political investigative journalism is that the reporting is always biased in favour of the politics of the newspaper owners. :roll:

That is true, thats why I still don't buy papers nor really listen to sky and I don't know if the BBC can be totally unbiased either, its a dilemma to me, espically. And now we have the furore of those Sailors being first allowed 'then its withdrawn to talk to the papers.

i find at times I am totally ignorant as to whats going on for I feel theres always an an agenda behind the choice of repoting .I can only comment if I know the situation personally so I don't argue politics.

I choose to read Dirks book for example though because I felt that there was total honesty coming though, And I find that I haven't come across that much, I mean looks whats written from the heart...

deebeelicious
04-10-2007, 04:01 AM
Are there any links that you can read a British newspaper online?

Anne
I think it would be hurtful to Dirk if I put the links on here, so I'm not going to.

I saw the front page of one particular tabloid at the time which was awful. I haven't bothered looking for that rubbish on the web, but that crap is probably on its webshite too. I don't think it's worth you reading that stuff, but if you must, send me a PM and I'll see if I can send you the links.

Best wishes
DeeBeeLicious

Feeonagh
04-10-2007, 04:34 AM
I was wondering if "....Fishing" will have anything different in it like a dedication/forward etc.? I have yet to read the updated dedication of "Confessions....". I'm hoping to have the chance soon but since I already bought both of his books back in 2000 - I'm not sure if I want to spend money over something I already have just to read a few new paragraphs. Maybe I'll catch it in the library someday.:-)
Julie

Julie... my 'Confessions' was bought just this year, and I note it was published in 2005.. so it may be newer than yours. The dedication reads as follows:

"Dedicated to my sons, George and Rowland ... whose lives the journey described herein made possible. You are my miraculous reward for having stayed the course.

And from you I have learned: There is a divine moment in our lives when we become One. It is called pro-creation and it is reborn continually and forever in the future we call children. They are our destiny and we are theirs. The extent to which we fail as parents ... we fail as God's Children."

Is it different to yours?

Fee xx

ebee
04-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Great news about 'fishing' being re-released - made my day :D

ostarella
04-10-2007, 08:22 AM
When I got my copy from Dirk at a convention, we talked a bit about publishing it again. Basically, he told me he was the one who didn't want it re-released. I'm glad he changed his mind, because, although it is a very personal book, there is a lot to be learned from it, not only about Dirk but about oneself...

Lily
04-10-2007, 09:41 AM
iif there is an appearance mooted there is alwalys the Hay on Wye festival, which is the festival, that Lauren Bacall and Clinton has frequented, just a thought....

deebeelicious
04-10-2007, 10:17 AM
When I got my copy from Dirk at a convention, we talked a bit about publishing it again. Basically, he told me he was the one who didn't want it re-released. I'm glad he changed his mind, because, although it is a very personal book, there is a lot to be learned from it, not only about Dirk but about oneself...

Thanks for that info - when did you meet Dirk at that convention please, Ostarella?
I wonder if he's figured that seeing as all the info is out there anyway, and fans are requesting him to reprint, he has been able to work through some of his uncomfortableness issues about it?

deebeelicious
04-10-2007, 10:20 AM
iif there is an appearance mooted there is alwalys the Hay on Wye festival, which is the festival, that Lauren Bacall and Clinton has frequented, just a thought....

Yeah, there was talk of a Clinton/Gorbachov (sorry if I spelt that wrong) double-act at Hay this year - I don't know if that's still happening. I put the link on to Hay in an earlier thread I'll see if I can find it and put in on here now that we have 'edit' available (thanks Tracy!).

I think this might be a better link to the Hay Festival.

http://www.hayfestival.com/wales/default.aspx
xx

ostarella
04-10-2007, 10:39 AM
when did you meet Dirk at that convention please, Ostarella?

That was at the Novi Comic Con near Detroit, back in 2005.

bibbi
04-10-2007, 11:36 AM
I agree I don't think it's a good idea to read what the British newspapers have said.
I am sorry to have asked that question. :oops:
ostarella! :D LUCKY YOU! :D
You got to meet Dirk and I remember that you got an autographed of ATWWF. :D
I'm too tired to type the whole title out.... :(
I have a copy of ATWWF myself, but two chapters are missing from the book. :(
I do have a birthday wish, if no-one minds my posting it here, one is to meet Dirk and second get an autographed copy of ATTWF.
(.....I hope that didn't come across as childish....):oops:
It' s just that I have great admiration and respect for the man and really love his work and admire him as a truly genuine and wonderful human being. :D :D :D

Take care,

MrsSpooky
04-11-2007, 02:19 AM
Within the month, Dirk's second book "And Then We Went Fishing" will be re-released.

More details coming.

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!! Dirk totally fracking RULES!!

That book is getting more than $200 USED! He HAS to rerelease it.

I'm so glad - more people will be able to read it. Dirk is such an amazing writer and he's had such an interesting life. Now more people will be able to read his book, which is such an amazing story.

Tracy, please relay to him a big hug and smooch on the cheek from me (and from thousands of us) for re releasing this book. Dirk so totally RAWKS!

Spook

Lily
04-11-2007, 01:47 PM

Yeah, there was talk of a Clinton/Gorbachov (sorry if I spelt that wrong) double-act at Hay this year - I don't know if that's still happening. I put the link on to Hay in an earlier thread I'll see if I can find it and put in on here now that we have 'edit' available (thanks Tracy!).

I think this might be a better link to the Hay Festival.

http://www.hayfestival.com/wales/default.aspx
xx

Will let you know because I managed to catch anothers cancellation! been wanting to go for years, *tosses cap into air yessss*
Thanks Deebee xxx
love light and peace Lily

jewels
04-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Yay! I'm going to have to donate one to my library.

I hope some college composition profs get their hands on it. Incredibly well-written book, and I know I've not seen anything successfully structured quite like it. Not to mention how transparent he is about his story and their family tragedy. There are some wonderful messages in it that will effect readers individually too.

I'm so glad he's decided to republish it and found a publisher to do it.

starlight
04-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Thank you to Dirk for re-releasing this book and to the publishers for realising that people want to hear more from him. I hope it's out in the UK soon :)

bibbi
04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
A BIG Thank You to Dirk for re-releasing the book ATWWF. :D :D :D :D

Hi everyone and DIRK! :D :D
I went into a store in my hometown where I wanted to see if they could order ATWWF.
I was given a site called www.abebooks.com.
A site that sells new and used books.
They had a list of sites that had used copies of ATWWF for almost $200 US! :shock:
That is OUTRAGEOUS! :x
I hope that Dirk writes to those book sellers and makes a complaint, this practice is very unfair to his fans. :evil:
I also understand that he did not authorize the e-book of ATWWF either.
I would still like to get an autographed copy of ATWWF from Dirk himself, (it's my birthday wish), again, I hope that didn't come across as a childish request... :oops: but, I think it would one of the nicest birthday presents I ever had and I would always treasure it. :D
First and foremost, I have the utmost respect and admiration for Dirk. :D
There should be more people like Dirk in this world. :D :D
The world would be a better place. :D
GOD BLESS YOU DIRK! :D :D
I hope to have the honour and pleasure of meeting you soon! :D

Take care and warm regards,

Genny
04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
THANK YOU Dirk. I shall buy two copies, if, there are enough to go around...want that book high on the bestseller's list ! :D :D Can't wait to read it.... ( Does cheerleading dance around room waving a feather duster and a teatowel )

Tracy
04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
"And Then We Went Fishing" should be released end of May or early June.
Square One is the publisher/distributor.
Deep Books will be distributing them in the UK.

bibbi
04-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi Tracy! :D
Thanks for the information! :D
THAT'S GOOD TO KNOW! :D :D

Take care,

DJ
04-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi to everyone,
I just wanted to comment on the release of Dirk's book. I was very interested in reading both books, (once I knew he was an author), that I went looking for them and after more than a month of searching I finally located a copy of both books in a used book store. I really enjoyed both stories but to be honest I plan to re-read 'Kamikaze" again because I think by reading it again I will get more out of it. As to the second book, what a truly wonderful visit into Dirk' s life. He let me ( and any one who read the book) share a very joyous and difficult time in his life and I am very thankful. I did not have an identical experience but I could empathize with him to some degree. I would like to suggest everyone read both books if you can. It is well worth it and than some. :wink: :D

dbukfan
04-16-2007, 05:28 AM

More details coming.

Hi All

Just busyzz on Monday works...with 'Have I Told You Lately' by Van Morrison's tuning in the background....accompanied by song birds at window near by.....

Suddeny, thought of missing DB & his book again....Dirk...Where are U? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tracy, pls let us all know imm. when Fishing Book be ready to fly across Atlantic!!..by the way..thnks for yr caddy position.....How about Dirk's being Montana Tour Guide for us all?

dbukfan...x

dbukfan
04-16-2007, 06:52 AM

More details coming.

Hi All/Tracey

If the 2nd Book be released again...let say, Late May/Mid June...Does it mean our Dirk'll be Possibly coming to UK for to sign autograph & Big hugson the opening day or not???

If it's so...I'll def be joining that long Q for sure???...finger cross in London :wink: :wink:

Is it possible or I'm just a day-dreamer again?...What U guys thinlk?? :) :) :)

Cheerio

dbukfan...x

moviemogul
04-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi all,
Just back from a wonderful visit to your country (America), there is no place quite like it, you cannot get better scenery than Grand Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley, Mojave Desert etc. ah its breathtaking.
Now I have also heard the same thing that And Then We Went fishing is available next month in Britain, I have a website where it will be available, will post them later on today. Bye for now have to go. :D

bibbi
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi moviemogul/everyone/Tracy! :D
I can't wait ti see what that website is moviemogul.
I can't wait for the re-release of And Then We Went Fishing! :D

:shock: I am at 400 posts now! Does that mean I get to really meet Dirk? :wink: :D :lol:

Take care,

Genny
04-16-2007, 06:57 PM
I've been very naughty....Have e mailed some biggie booksellers over here, asking if they'll be stocking the book, please and telling them what a demand there will be, for it. Public demand, isn't it ! Will be phoning around locally as well, to actually order a copy. I mean..if they bung a few copies of the book up front somewhere, people DO, know who Dirk is..so they will probably buy them . :D :D

bibbi
04-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi Genny! :D
That's not naughty! :wink:
I too have emailed book sellers here in Canada.
The site where I got Confessions www.chapters.indigo.ca I got myself on a waiting list to receive a copy of the book when it comes back in stock.
Who knows I might get an autographed copy from Dirk on my birthday! :wink: :D :lol:

Take care,

ostarella
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking I'm going to get a new copy - one I can really wear out. I mean, I can hardly "read" the one with his autograph, now can I? :roll:

bibbi
04-16-2007, 07:16 PM
:lol:
That's true ostarella. If I should get an autographed copy from Dirk, I'll have to buy another book. I'll have three copies of ATWWF, one (hopefully) autographed, one intact, and one with two chapters missing! :D

Take care,

Genny
04-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Well that's a great idea, both, because even though they'd not be autographed, two copies is a good idea. :D :D One, to read a lot and one to keep pristine ! I'll be getting two as well. Who knows, anyway..maybe Dirk will, be somewhere one day where I can go and get an autograph. Ooh..sent my letter and stuff, yesterday ! CD of Richard Burton reading Dylan Thomas poetry and a picture of the boathouse he wrote in..and a couple of packets of mooli/daikon seeds 'cos I'm planting some as usual as well. Said that I was not, asking for a reply. There are people who have been active fans for YEARS...and I'd hope that some of them, instead, could get a reply. Although..Dirk is probably up to his eyeballs in mail, plus doing work away from home plus, seeing to his sons etc, so ... Well..you know what it's like for all of us, juggling things so his agenda must be a lot, worse ! :shock: :shock: It's my birthday today so am off soon for a meal with some friends by the sea. Beautiful warm, sunny day, here.. :D :D Oh.. I thanked Dirk for being brilliant and for having ' And Then We Went Fishing' re released.

bibbi
04-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi Genny! :D
Very good points! :D
i guess maybe I should also get two. :?
Although, I do have my birthday coming up in July, and I believe(please correct me, should I be wrong)that Dirk looks at this site. I am hoping to receive an autographed copy from Dirk on my birthday. I hope that doesn't seem childish :oops: i can't 100% guarantee that this will happen. I'd also like to have him autograph my copy of Confessions, also.. You're right Genny he has lots and lots of fan mail, probably way above his head, by now! :lol:
I am really looking forward to the re-release of the book. :D

Take care,

Lily
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Good luck to you Genny I hope you get your reply :wink: , ( maybe some 1am piccies may not have gone amiss ... only joking.)
I will wait till the second book its out and on its way and then will ask very nicely about how to contact where a lot of eyelash fluttering and 'please tell me or i shall cry 'etc will be happening- won't that be fun :wink: :roll:
I am really looking forward to this book though, and to have it autographed as i have done with Stephen Fry and Terry Prachett would be pretty cool.

Love Lite ( i'm dieting) and peace Lily

bibbi
04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi Lily! :D
I hope that your wish comes true. :D
Do you have an address for Dirk? :? I do have one if you'd like it.
I too have written him. Haven't received a reply, yet. The man is very, very busy.
But, you know the saying "good things come to those who wait". :D

Take care,

Lily
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
no I haven't got an address to write to, so i'd be grateful for a contact address, but there not a rush. but thanks Anne thats sweet of you. xx

Ingra
04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Genny" It's my birthday today so am off soon for a meal with some friends by the sea.

Happy Birthday Genny!!! :D

I too am excited about the re-release of DB's 2nd book!! Something to look forward to.

Ingra

Genny
04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Thank you :D :D I didn't ask for a reply and don't mind not having an autograph.....not really.... :) I didn't send a prepaid thingy...for a reply. I feel that he's given me a lot already.Cause to think, to eat even more sensibly than I already did eg I didn't eat meat or sugar anyway...Plus his acting, of course...He's made me fall off the settee, laughing...brilliant, wit. And of he's absolutely stunning, too. A lot, isn't it...If I was going to ask Dirk for something, I'd ask for...another book, written and I'd ask whoever could make it happen, to give him a film role which would showcase his acting ability and which would knock everyone's socks off and get him an Oscar. The latter, is my big wish...! :D That's not because I think that Oscars are important..but because Dirk deserves, to get such a role. Will anyone have the sense to give him the opportunity ? Well..unlikely, but I shall keep hoping !

facemansgirl
06-26-2007, 06:58 PM
SOOOOO excited about ...Fishing!! :o I've been M.I.A. (missing in action) lately, and it was such a thrill to hear about Dirks' 2nd book. As it is no where to be found around these parts.

THANK YOU ! ! ! ! ! :lol: :D

facemansgirl
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Quick update- Checked with Barnes and Noble book store today for And Then We Went Fishing. Was told that due to a possible printing issue they do not have the book :? It is scheduled to arrive in their stores on 9-28.

Tracy
07-04-2007, 11:13 AM
The book is now listed at Square One publishing:

http://www.squareonepublishers.com/gen_titles.html

If you scroll down a bit you will see it listed. With it's new cover ;)

ostarella
07-04-2007, 11:21 AM
With it's new cover

Oh, gee - now I'll have to get the new edition as well :wink:

bibbi
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Hi Tracy! :D

Thanks for posting that.
I can't wait to get a copy of "And Then We Went Fishing." :D

Take care,

NicoleDutch
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
A new cover? Looks nice! can't wait to read it!

Tracy
07-04-2007, 11:26 AM

Yes a new cover. And a beautiful one. It's Dirk and his Dad.

bibbi
07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Tracy! :D

Do you have the new edition of the book yet?
Also, do you have a photo of the new cover and could you possibly post it here?
THANKS! :D

Take care,

NicoleDutch
07-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah I seem to have trouble enlarging the photo...

Genny
07-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Won't it be great, to get a copy of the book ! :D Have been looking forward to snuggling down to read it. Dirk is a terrific, writer, isn't he.

dbukfan
07-05-2007, 03:46 AM

Yes a new cover. And a beautiful one. It's Dirk and his Dad.
Tracy

WoW...excellent news indeed....me too love to see this piccie...v thoughtful of Dirk indeed....to share his memorable piccie with all fans!! :D :wink: ...thnk U!!...Dirk :wink:
Can't wait :D :lol: :P :wink:

Arciris
07-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Thanks Tracy!!
This is wondeful!! I can't wait, too!! :wink:

bibbi
07-06-2007, 08:47 AM

I just checked Chapters.Indigo online. "And Then We We Wen Fishing" isn't available in their database, yet. I'm sure it will be very, very soon.
I'm going to send them another email.
Anyway, it's well worth the wait! :D

Take care,

NicoleDutch
07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
I had my friend in Chicago look for Dirk's book. This is what she found: the new version of Dirk Benedict's book will not be available in the USA until 9/17. I went to my bookstore and had them look up the publisher's information. Right now September, 2007 is the definative publication date.

Why the hell does Squareone tell us different?

deebeelicious
07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I had my friend in Chicago look for Dirk's book. This is what she found: the new version of Dirk Benedict's book will not be available in the USA until 9/17. I went to my bookstore and had them look up the publisher's information. Right now September, 2007 is the definative publication date.

Why the hell does Squareone tell us different?

Because Sq1 are actually printing it right now and due to be packaged and sent to the UK distributor Deep Books perhaps on Jul 15. I am guessing that these 2 won't release it for 'general' bookstores until September, perhaps something to do with their own profit margins, but that's just a guess? Both seem quite friendly for direct orders from the public - Sq1 told me not to wait until Sept but just go to Deep Books for July!

As you are in Holland, it might be easier (cheaper?) to order from Deep Books. I know someone who is already in touch with Deep Books who promised to inform her as soon as it arrives. I'm not going to bother them until then, then I'm going to order it! I'll let you know asap it's in! :lol: :lol:

NicoleDutch
07-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Deebeelicious, yes please let me know a.s.a.p :wink:

moviemogul
07-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi all,
Just as Deebee says Deep Books are the people to contact, I emailed them yesterday and they took my order and said they will contact me when the book is ready to be sent, they reckon it will be middle of August, they gave me a figure of 11.99 but couldnt give me a final figure until they get a price for packaging and postage, as they havent weighed the book yet because they dont have it yet, so keep your fingers crossed all you UK, Europe fans hopefully its on the way soon. :D

deebeelicious
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi all,
Just as Deebee says Deep Books are the people to contact, I emailed them yesterday and they took my order and said they will contact me when the book is ready to be sent, they reckon it will be middle of August, they gave me a figure of 11.99 but couldnt give me a final figure until they get a price for packaging and postage, as they havent weighed the book yet because they dont have it yet, so keep your fingers crossed all you UK, Europe fans hopefully its on the way soon. :D

Thanks MM! :lol:
August :cry:

dbukfan
07-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi ALL

Just to let U know that I've just REC'd Dirk's Second Book, ATWWF fr SQ1P in front of me right now!!!...YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........I'll take this book on my Summer Vacations fr tomorrow!!!

YES!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...so...so...Happy :D :D :D :D ..Sincere thnks to Dirk & SQ1P....for making my 2007 Summer Vacation so so Special indeed......Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

Best Wishes to All

dbukfan....x

Lily
07-12-2007, 04:32 AM
Hi MM Hi DB.

will sit on my hands and wait for the film to come out :wink:

I will wait for play.com i think to get the book.

xx

Zilfstar
07-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Asked how to get in contact but if you read beyond you will see that question is irrelavent now. So I just edit this one. Don't know how to delete a post here.

Me and computer: still :shock: :twisted: :wink:

Zilfstar
07-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Well tried to get in contact again with them by the website I think is theirs

http://www.deep-books.co.uk/

Question to all you Dutch fans here: interested in the book? Maybe I can work as a middle woman? I can order your book too, get it here and then sent it towards you? Maybe that way it will cost less for shipping? We'll split the shipment costs and you only pay me extra the stamps I have to use if you are not able to pick it up at my place.

HEY! we could have our own DB-party here in my place (live in the centre of The Netherlands near Utrecht), having a bring-your-favorite-MB-food buffet and talk DB in Dutch. I can give you each your copy of the book and comparise convention pictures... :!: :!: :!: :idea:

:arrow: Let me know if you're interested. I think it will be FUN :D
(Shall we invite Dirk too :wink: )

Just received answer from Deep Books: "This title will not be available till mid August it is priced at 11.99 there will be a postage and package charge for this title which we do not have yet as we do not have the weight of the book as yet."

I thought some of you already received it? Can anybody explain this...? Well it is in back order for me now I hope. For the Dutch fans: I can put in a back order for you as well. The offer above still stands. :D

dbukfan
07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Hoi Zilstar
I think either U choose to order fr Deep Books Ltd or SQ1P...it'll prob. cost U about the same anyway!!..I rec'd mine today fr SQ1P...I'm so delighted and over the moon to take DB's 2nd book witn me on my Summer vacations!!
Must go, my daugther's bedtime!!!
Alles Gute
Adieu
Kus..x

Arciris
07-13-2007, 05:31 AM
Hei Su!!
Well for your book!! That luck!!They wiil be a beutiful moments on holidays reading it, sure. :lol:
I hope can to obtain the book shortly, too. I'm reading the first for second time. The first time I, many phrases, didn't understand. This happens to me through not to have made english lessons before. :roll:
Kisses!!

dbukfan
07-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Hei Su!!
Well for your book!! That luck!!They wiil be a beutiful moments on holidays reading it, sure. :lol:
I hope can to obtain the book shortly, too. I'm reading the first for second time. The first time I, many phrases, didn't understand. This happens to me through not to have made english lessons before. :roll:
Kisses!!
Hola Esther/ Hi All
Thnks..me too...readin' 1st book twice..his 2nd book on page 50 since last nite unti I got banned :evil: to focus on Packin'!!...It's really good story...I hope U'll get it soon..V kind of SQ1P to send it to me so quickly intime really..v grateful for that indeed :D :lol: :wink: Should one day, they'll ever make a film...it'd def. be an Excellent movie....reminds me a bit of the Brit's film...'Sliding Doors'....about two pararelled of Now and Past life story....I'd recommend everyone to READ DB's 2 nd book......so so well-written..well done, Dirk :wink: :lol: well, hope to get more readin' eventaully by nt wk :roll: :shock: ..may be!!..at least..it's in my back-pack NOW....yippee!! :lol: :wink:
Best Wishes to All
Take care...x

UKJules
07-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Hi DBukFan,
It's great to hear you have ATWWF already :!: I e-mailed my details to Deep Books a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. Do you think I should get in touch with SQ1? :? I enjoyed reading Dirk's first book so much and would love to get my hands on a copy of ATWWF ready for my summer holiday :D

dbukfan
07-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi DBukFan,
It's great to hear you have ATWWF already :!: I e-mailed my details to Deep Books a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. Do you think I should get in touch with SQ1? :? I enjoyed reading Dirk's first book so much and would love to get my hands on a copy of ATWWF ready for my summer holiday :D
Hi UKJules
Def...I think U'd buy it fr SQ1P..pls see their email on Second Book Delayed's topic...total cost 30.95 (inc. p&p) = approx GBP15.00 = 20.00...as I also contact DB-UK...price 11.99+3.for p&p.and U're gonna rec'd it until August :shock: :shock: .about the same cost anyway..BUT..SQ1P's much faster delivery..I cheked the date, they posted me the book on 06/07/07..v good of them, really!!
Hope this helps.

Best Wishes

UKJules
07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks DBUKFan, I'll look there straight away :D :!: :D
Cheers :!: :D