PDA

View Full Version : Want a book!

maethineel
02-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I just received email from WH smith that the book And then we went fishing is no longer available.So sad.How can I find it.Please tell me.

Thank you

Ruth
02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Well, it's available on Amazon - but at about 370 :shock: I tried buying it through WHSmiths too, but got the same result as you.

If you check the thread called 'Is it possible to get And Then We Went Fishing anywhere' there is a link where you can download it. Otherwise, it's a case of checking Ebay and crossing your fingers!

Good luck :D

deebeelicious
02-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Hey guys!
I found 2 copies of KamikazeCowboy in my local 'Borders' bookshop a couple of days ago. The books weren't in the popular ground floor (1st floor for you Yanks) 'autobiography' section, but hidden upstairs in the 'media' section. I bought one, and wow, great read. And I'm so glad he spoke about everyone finding their own way, and not the 'follow me, only I have the answer' spiel that so many people say once they've discovered something!

I wanted to say that the UK bookshops aren't really promoting this book - and they didn't have any 'macrobiotic' books on obvious display either. I didn't have time to search the far ends of the shop, so that'll have to be another time. The KamikazeCowboy book was from 2005, so I guess the shops are waiting for the 2007 re-print to come? I hope 'Fishing' is re-printed too! UK media report a massive increase in sales of DB's first book.
http://entertainment.pipex.com/pipex/story/0,17019,8832_1873658,00.html

I wondered if DBC isn't missing a trick by linking up with a webbookstore, or selling direct? Also, what on earth was DB's UK agent thinking by not arranging a re-print BEFORE he went in? Tut, tut!

Love you!
Deebeelicious