PDA

View Full Version : Best FACE Episodes?...

Crazy Tommy T
01-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Face themed or abundant episodes that come to mind are:

The Only Church In Town
The White Ballot
Hot Styles
Family Reunion
Without Reservations
Battle Of Bel Air (Tawnia Stuff)

There must be others. What do you think?

hats
04-01-2007, 06:46 PM
My favourite Face episode is 'mind games'. His ego and how how the rest of the team respond to him is very funny. I love Murdock's impression of him and also the ending. It serves poor Face right.

I also think 'incident on crystal lake', 'members only', 'cowboy george' and 'bullets and bikinis' are great face episodes.

Arciris
05-03-2007, 04:40 AM
Hello!!
My favourites Face episodes are:
"The Only Church In Town" and
"Family reunion"
but they are so many others that I can't choose.. :D Well, these two those that more :wink: .

sara
05-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Salve a tutti!
How is it possible to choose?!.. :roll:
Maybe Family Reunion.. and also the episode in which they go back to Vietnam (How is the English title?"sound of thunder"maybe?)..

And the other one, when he decides to help hi girlfriend, the model... sorry...I don't remember the title... :oops: :oops:

And so many others...!!!! :D

ostarella
05-03-2007, 02:57 PM
I just finished watching "Mind Games" for some research on a story - ugh. Talk about suffering for one's art! :wink: I put that one a close second to Crystal Skull in terms of "wish it had never been made". But each to their own :) My own personal favorites are Without Reservations, Nice Place to Visit - and any others where he reminds us he's SF :lol:

bibbi
05-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone! :D
I am having a very tough decision on this one.... :?
Face is good in a lot of the episodes.
I do like "The Only Church in Town".
I post back here, when I've made up my mind on the others.

Take care,
Anne :)

bbbear97
05-03-2007, 05:05 PM
For me, it's a tie between Mind Games and Family Reunion.

bibbi
05-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I watched "Mind Games", I rather liked it. "The Only Church in Town" is good too.
I still haven't made up my mind though.

Take care,

ostarella
05-04-2007, 06:10 PM
My problem with Mind Games was how it made Face look like an ego-maniac instead of being manipulated. If they had made his part of the story less "let's make a fool of Face" and more fitting with the other part of the story, it would've been great.

sara
05-05-2007, 11:31 AM
My problem with Mind Games was how it made Face look like an ego-maniac instead of being manipulated. If they had made his part of the story less "let's make a fool of Face" and more fitting with the other part of the story, it would've been great.

Good remark ostarella!
This is the reason because I've some reservations about this episode..

bibbi
05-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi eveyone! :D
I just watched "White Ballot".
So, for me, two of my favourite Face episodes are "The Only Church in Town" and "White Ballot."
I agree with ostarella's assessment of "Mind Games."
Still making my mind up on the others.

Take care,

Arciris
05-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Salve a tutti!
How is it possible to choose?!.. :roll:
Maybe Family Reunion.. and also the episode in which they go back to Vietnam (How is the English title?"sound of thunder"maybe?)..

And the other one, when he decides to help hi girlfriend, the model... sorry...I don't remember the title... :oops: :oops:

And so many others...!!!! :D

Hello!!
Sara, the episode with Face's girlfriend, the model, is "Hot styles" I think.I watch seasons in spanish, because I can't either understand well his voices in english, but I have seen the tittle in the begin. :D
Girls, of which season is "Mind Games"? thanks!

ostarella
05-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Girls, of which season is "Mind Games"?

Fourth season :)

sara
05-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Hello!!
Sara, the episode with Face's girlfriend, the model, is "Hot styles" I think.I watch seasons in spanish, because I can't either understand well his voices in english, but I have seen the tittle in the begin. :D

Thanks Arciris!!! very kind as usual! :D :D
I also see the Italian version.. sometimes I try with the original but it's very hard for me tounderstand American English. Only if I saw an episode so many time that I've learnt it by hears, only in this case I can "recognize" original dialogues without problems!!! :lol:

baci

Arciris
05-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Hi!
Thanks Ostarella!! :P

Sara, you're welcome! :wink:
Yes, I sometimes watch it in english, but I need subtitles in spanish :cry: . Well..little by little..
Yesterday I was watching episode 23 "Curtain call", of season 2, for four time.. :lol: I'ts great great episode. Murdock is hurt of bullet and while they hide of Decker they remember old adventures of the others episodes, and I think that this is very touching.
I like very much the Decker's phrase. I'ts something thus like:
"The A-team are the best ones. They they think like one, act like one and they feel like one"
Sorry...is "like" or "how" in this line??
Kisses!

sara
05-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Hola Arciris!! :D

Great episode, you're right! I've just mentioned it a few days ago on Dwight's site: I find it one of the best Murdock's episode because of his heroic deed in order to protect Hannibal.
And also Face risks his life and the prison to get medicines for his friend.

This is because Decker's description is perfect! :wink:

besitos! :lol:

bibbi
05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes! "Family Reunion" is good too. Thanks sara and Arciris for those comments on the episodes with Face and Murdock. Boy, it's getting tougher for me to decide on my favourite Face episodes. Gonna watch some this evening. It's 6:30 p.m. my time here in Canada.

Take care,

p.s. Everyone here has made excellent comments about their favourite face episodes. That's also why it's so hard for me to choose. You people are so clever and smart in your assessments! :D :D

bbbear97
05-08-2007, 06:21 PM

Sorry ostarella, I disagree with you. I think that Face getting on his ego trip was exactly true to the character. Face would lap up all that attention in an instant. Also, I've noticed that as Face's character develops over the years he does tend to get more egotistical. But I think that's one of the characters' most lovable traits. Anyone else agree?

ostarella
05-08-2007, 06:29 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on that :wink: I don't think he got more egotistical, although he definitely craved approval. I also don't find an inflated ego to be lovable at all. If I thought he was that way, I probably wouldn't have watched the show at all. :lol:

bibbi
05-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi eveyone! :D
You people are making it tough for me to make up my mind about my favourite Face episodes. :lol:
Going to watching some more A-Team episodes this evening.
I have have my mind made up regarding 3 episodes. I'm sure that there are going to be others.

Take care,

bbbear97
05-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I have no problem in agreeing to disagree. :lol: I agree that an egotistical personality is not attractive but the Face character pulls it off so you don't even realize he's doing it. Maybe you're right and craving approval and attention is a better description.

Face - "I just love picking locks. Eye hand coordination you know. Tools of the trade."

Hannible - "But why did he punch you in the eye Face? Why didn't he just fire you?"
Face - "Hannible. the man's not stupid. I'm the best salesman he's got!"

Arciris
05-10-2007, 04:20 AM
Hi!!
I think that Face is great be or he's not egoistic member of A-team. It's true that in many occasions he goes "by free" about girls and romances..hahaha :oops: ,but when there is danger or there is work he always is with the Team. :wink:
Good day!!

hats
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Sorry ostarella, I disagree with you. I think that Face getting on his ego trip was exactly true to the character. Face would lap up all that attention in an instant. Also, I've noticed that as Face's character develops over the years he does tend to get more egotistical. But I think that's one of the characters' most lovable traits. Anyone else agree?[/quote]

I do agree actually and I still maintain that 'Mind Games' is great. I loved his ego trip and also thought it true to his character. I have always thought that the beauty of Face is the fact that he is a bit of a bugger but we love him anyway. He is shallow, mercenary, selfish and vain but he is so faithful, charming and vulnerable that we forgive him. I like laughing at Face even though he is my favourite character - I just figure that he deserves it. The team themselves are quick to point out Face's faults but they still love him, faults and all, and so do I :D

'Mind Games' seems to be a love it or hate it episode does it not?

ostarella
05-10-2007, 06:05 PM
'Mind Games' seems to be a love it or hate it episode does it not?

Definitely - all depends on how you view Face, I guess. :wink:

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 06:44 AM
My favourite episode, leading to my favourite Face episode is Children of Jamestown. I LOVE him in that episode!!! I love when he starts to recover from his concussion and Hannibal comes in to demand his help. The girl tells him he has to stay still and Face looks to Hannibal to see if he's getting away with it and Hannibal grunts 'move it Lieutenant'!

I liked him in Bullets and Bikini's when his cheeky ways come undone!

Mind you I also liked him in Harder than it Looks and agree he's good in The Only Church in town. Now I'm all confused, there are so many good ones to chose from!!!

Arciris
05-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Hi!!
I agree Mrs Peck!
Yes, and in "Bullets and bikinis" that scene in the sea... :oops: :P hahaha, it's lool!
"Children of Jamestown" is a great episode, it's true. I like his glance, his expressions...well, all! haha.
And my prefer is "The Only Church in town". It's lovely Dirk there, with his ex-girlfriend. :P and his love for help her.

xRamona
05-21-2007, 06:34 AM
The Only Church In Town
Family Reunion.

:D

sara
05-29-2007, 01:38 PM
The Only Church In Town
Family Reunion.

Gooood choice Ramona!!!
Veel liefs :wink:

xRamona
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
The Only Church In Town
Family Reunion.

Gooood choice Ramona!!!
Veel liefs :wink:

Thaaaank you sara. :lol:
Veel liefs terug (much love back ;) )

BCgal
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Curtain Call
Mind Games
Without Reservations
Family Reunion

LZaza
10-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Ah, well I've watched Without Reservations too many times to count, but I read so many fanfics based on it, that I was dying to see it by the time it was released.

There's another episode that I don't recall the name of, which always comes to mind as a favourite, simply because it was so light, with that slapstick humour that I love. The boys were in Europe and ended up taking a cruise ship back to the States. Face imitated a Doctor. The gangsters that they had tangled with boarded the ship, and then we had an array of scenes where Face would abruptly kiss a beautiful woman to hide his identity. I cracked up each time. And when he was tossed into the pool by one of their steroid charged boyfriends, I laughed even harder.

Lisa

BCgal
10-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I think that was Judgement Day? A judges' daughter gets kidnapped and ends up in Italy and they take a cruise back....sounds familiar!

LZaza
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, they did save a girl come to think of it. Guess I forgot. LOL!

Lisa

BCgal
10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Yea, Face buys her this teeny-tiny little bikini, the cad ;-) He was hilarious trying to be a doctor, thinking all these sexy young things would come in with sunstroke but most of them were senior ladies! :shock:

ostarella
10-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Yeah, the cruise bit was Part 2 of Judgment Day.