PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get And Then We Went Fishing anywhere?

Ruth
01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I've been trying to get hold of And Then We Went Fishing for ages. Amazon has one copy at nearly 400!!! Believe me, Dirk is worth it, but I really can't afford to spend that much on a book, as I have an expensive year coming up. I so want to read it - if anyone knows where I can buy a copy I would be very grateful, and of course very willing to share after I have read it!

Crazy Tommy T
01-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Ebay maybe. Hard to say as the book has been out of print (at Dirks request) for a while. I have copy but I mislaid it, annoyingly.

Ruth
01-31-2007, 03:25 AM
Oh well. I'll keep looking on Ebay. I'm enjoying Confessions... so much, I really wanted to read his first book too! But according to his interview on breakfast tv yesterday, he's thinking of writing a third book - so hopefully we might have that to look forward to.

jewels
01-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Ruth, I had this link in the other thread.

It can be downloaded as an ebook for less than the cover price on my paperback: http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/39?book=And_Then_We_Went_Fishing:_A_Story_of_Fathe rhood,_Fate_and_Forgiveness

Enjoy it. It's a wonderful piece of writing.

Crazy Tommy T
01-31-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't know if it's going back into print but the WH Smith website have it for order. 4-6 week delivery at 8.99.

Billy
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't think it is back in print... that's a bit bizarre with W H Smiths!

I actually went to my local library, and they found it for me! It means you can't keep it, but at least you can read it. And it's well worth it. (I'm from the UK too :wink: )

Ruth
02-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Thank jewels for that link. I will definitely be ordering it. Thanks also Tommy for telling me about WHSmith - I'm off to check out their website now :D

Edited to say that I have ordered it from the WHSmiths website, so I will wait and see what happens. I am half expecting an email to tell me that the book is actually not available, but at the moment I am hopeful. Fingers crossed :D

bbbear97
02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh well. I'll keep looking on Ebay. I'm enjoying Confessions... so much, I really wanted to read his first book too! But according to his interview on breakfast tv yesterday, he's thinking of writing a third book - so hopefully we might have that to look forward to.

Confessions is his first book.

Ruth
02-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Sorry - yes I realised that afterwards!

I have just had an email from WHSmiths, telling me that they are unable to order And Then We Went Fishing :cry: I expected as much, but I was still hopeful. Never mind - at least it is available for download.

groovy_ghoulie
02-02-2007, 10:26 AM
really? cool... but id have prefered a physical book

Have you seen that copies of it are selling on amazon for over 300 :shock:

Ruth
02-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I know! Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have it, but I have a lot of expense looming over the horizon, and simply cannot afford to pay that right now. But I'm definitely going to download it. I love Dirk's style of writing.

julieblues
02-04-2007, 03:14 PM
try this site
http://www.ereader.com/feature/book/category/3

Ruth
02-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks Julie, that's very kind of you. I'm sure I will enjoy the book :D

Verity
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I've been trying to get hold of And Then We Went Fishing for ages. Amazon has one copy at nearly 400!!! Believe me, Dirk is worth it, but I really can't afford to spend that much on a book, as I have an expensive year coming up. I so want to read it - if anyone knows where I can buy a copy I would be very grateful, and of course very willing to share after I have read it!

Hello!

This is my first post and I don't want to put up a black by robbing Dirk of any royalties that may accrue to him from "Fishing" if it is to be republished in the near future due to the demand. However, I have read the book and obtained it very easily and expeditiously for approximately 5.00 ($10.00). When it is republished I shall buy it again!

It's an incredibly beautiful book that had me tearing up and laughing out loud. It's heartrending, warm and sincere, very funny, sexy and brilliantly written. I've read it twice already and it has already become one of my favourites.

I love this book, Dirk! I cannot wait for the next and I only wish that you'd challenge King and Forsythe because you're a first-rate storyteller and I feel that in writing and in humour your talent is best expressed. (I realise, of course, that this is not a "story", but the fact that it is so personal adds so much poignancy to what is a first-rate narrative.

I've ordered "Cowboy" from Amazon but I'm still waiting! Will you hurry up, you lot! For the sake of those of you here in Britain, I believe Waterstones hold copies but don't start a stampede because I want one, NOW, and I don't think I can wait for Amazon to ship a load in from the States!

bibbi
02-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone!
Hi Ruth!

Try a used bookstore. It might be worth a shot.

Good Luck!

take care,
Anne :)

Ertana
02-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi there
I've been searching for this book for ages.
I've been sending begging e-mails to various publishers letting them know that there is a huge demand for 'And Then We Went Fishing'.

Here's a link to the Penguingroup USA site. I followed a link saying 'Having trouble locating a book? Visit our help centre'.
People power, come on lets show the publishers that there is a demand for Dirks books.
We want it re-printed.
Write to:

http://penguingroup.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/penguingroup.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=MFQkU-ti&p_accessibility=0&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD04MCZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y 9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wY WdlPTE*

taylorsgirl
02-15-2007, 10:36 AM
HI EVERYONE
I WENT ON AHUNT EARLY LAST YEAR FOR A COPY OF FISHING AND LEARNT IT HAD BEEN PULLED FROM SALES BUT I FOUNDIT ON ITERNET AT WATERSTONES,I ORDERED IT 9WEEKS AND 5 PHONE CALLS LATER THEY TOLD ME THEY COULDNT GET IT.I FOUND IT ON AMAZON FOR ABOUT 80QUID USED AND WERE GOING TO GET IT BUT A FRIEND TOLD ME HER FRIEND HAD A COPY AND SHE SOLD ME IT FOR 20QUID.ITS A VERY GOOD READ I READ ITIN ONE NIGHT,GOOD LUCK TO YOU IF YOU GET A COPY.GOT TO SAY THOUGH KAMIKAZE IS A BETTER READ.
LOU :D

bibbi
02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone!
May I suggest used bookstores. I got a new copy of " Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" online.
Went into a used bookshop, where I live. And lo and behold, a very good quality, used copy of "And Then we Went Fishing.",it was practically brand new!!
I was so happy when I got that, I was dancing all the way home! :D
So, don't overlook those used bookshops! There are treasures to be found inside!!

take care,
Anne :)